You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 25, 2016, 09:04:29 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: System for Shonen style fights?  (Read 507 times)

Online TotesRiderTopic starter

System for Shonen style fights?
« on: June 16, 2016, 08:41:47 PM »
Basically i'm wanting to do a very Shonen action inspired RP (like One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, etc). I'm somewhat new to the whole systems deal but I am looking for something to help facilitate battles (complete with special moves, etc) and such between my player and the baddies and opponents for them to face off against.

Offline Mantis Shrimp Prime

Re: System for Shonen style fights?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 04:12:05 PM »
There's one I like called Fight! The Fighting Game RPG.
It's geared to emulating something like Street Fighter, but could easily be extrapolated to something like DBZ.
Doesn't look too complicated, though I've yet to play it with anybody.

Offline Featherfall

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 08:29:58 PM »
Tenra Basho Zero is the closest I've seen a system come to what you are looking for.

Offline Kippers

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:05:41 PM »
You can also try Mutants and Masterminds with the Mecha and Manga supplement, just to throw some more suggestions out there. It's explicitly about anime-style battles and uses the d20 system that a lot of players will be familiar with. I ran a very big forum game with the system and it went well. We used the Ultimate Power supplement for custom abilities instead, though.

There's also the Street Fighter system, but I haven't had a chance to play it.

Offline Zenkai

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 12:09:34 AM »
I'd Recommend Anima Prime.

It's a free system (at least the version without pretty pictures is free) that's halfway between Fate/FUDGE and d20. It has the former's aspects (kind of) and the latter's rigid mechanical structure and a catalogue of effects to pick from during chargen. The intention was to create a very Animeish feel for the whole thing.

There's also a "Lite" version that's essentially a whole new game, but plays much faster and fits onto an A4 sheet of rules and several A4s of character attributes/cards and so on.

1.5 patch:

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 10:01:17 AM »
There's one I like called Fight! The Fighting Game RPG.
That, plus the shonen supplement for said game, is really your best option for shonen on this forum. The shonen supplement for Fight! is pretty good and adds options like transformations, so I rather recommend you to use it, BTW.
(Technically, there's also a system called Shonen Final Burst, but it uses decks of cards, so playing it on a forum is pretty much impossible).