You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 15, 2021, 06:56:35 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Welcome to the New Doormat  (Read 360326 times)

Offline Merry Gentry

Re: Welcome to the New Doormat
« Reply #9225 on: May 20, 2020, 07:20:46 pm »
That is very true!  Just noticed you're from Boston!  How wonderful.. So am I ;)

Offline atenai

« Reply #9226 on: May 20, 2020, 07:25:00 pm »
That is very true!  Just noticed you're from Boston!  How wonderful.. So am I ;)
Hello, neighbor! Suburbs, yes, but the Boston area.

Online Al Terego

« Reply #9227 on: May 20, 2020, 07:45:35 pm »
How does Boston compare to other cities you lived in (if any)?

Offline Merry Gentry

« Reply #9228 on: May 20, 2020, 07:53:30 pm »
Have not lived in any other places.. but have traveled to lots.

Boston is a very busy city, small compared to alot of cities, but with amazing sites and great things to do!
We drive like maniac's, but NY'ers are way worse.  Texans would pass us on the highway's like we were standing still and Californian's would just stare in wonder at our maneuvers to get anywhere on the roadways..that's my opinion anyway! 

I'm in the suburbs too! Near the NH border. 

Offline atenai

« Reply #9229 on: May 20, 2020, 08:13:20 pm »
How does Boston compare to other cities you lived in (if any)?
I went to college in PA for a bit, and found it less uptight than a lot of the New England private colleges I'd looked at. I ended up back here mostly for family, but I've found that the politics suit me. Because I was raised here, most likely. It's definitely more urban than a lot of the Midwest and non-New England areas I've been to, there's not really any space left in the immediate Boston suburbs, it's all been built up except for the areas already set aside as parks. That changes as you leave the immediate vicinity, but I think I've been to "suburbs" which are rural by my feeling, and in return they would consider my hometown "urban". That said, I've been to LA, so I can't quite consider my suburb urban.

Merry's not wrong, though I would consider NY traffic to be worse, so most of the drivers weren't, in a funny way? Taxis being the obvious exception. California was like driving among sheep. No offense intended, it's simply a different style to around here, where it tends to be "a good defense is a good offense" sort of thought process. ^-^ I do not recommend driving in Boston unless you've been here before and know what you're getting into!

Offline Merry Gentry

« Reply #9230 on: May 20, 2020, 08:31:54 pm »
The key to Boston driving is eye contact.  If you can make it, usually the other person will let you go/cut/get into traffic.  If you can't make eye contact, don't go... they will not stop! and then.. smush!  It's like some scary twisted game..

Online Al Terego

« Reply #9231 on: May 20, 2020, 09:03:44 pm »
I have visited Boston, and have driven there.  Even though I am used to Toronto traffic, I have some Mediterranean driving experience under my belt so I just tend to assume that everyone on the road is a homicidal maniac who got their licence by bribing the examiner.  It makes for fewer nasty surprises.

Offline CelestialBlackrose

• Daughter of Stars and Dreams
  • Lady
  • Bacchae
  • I quote songs and use bad puns. Sorry not sorry <3
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9232 on: May 24, 2020, 07:22:07 am »
I'm ordering pizza for my birthday today xP *wink wink, nudge nudge*. It would be kinda lame that I can't go out anywhere to celebrate if I ever actually did anything big xD but I don't so yay lol

Offline atenai

« Reply #9233 on: May 24, 2020, 09:51:45 am »
I'm ordering pizza for my birthday today xP *wink wink, nudge nudge*. It would be kinda lame that I can't go out anywhere to celebrate if I ever actually did anything big xD but I don't so yay lol

Online Al Terego

« Reply #9234 on: May 24, 2020, 10:52:09 am »
Happy birthday, Celeste!

*Steals a slice of pizza*

Offline CelestialBlackrose

• Daughter of Stars and Dreams
  • Lady
  • Bacchae
  • I quote songs and use bad puns. Sorry not sorry <3
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9235 on: May 24, 2020, 02:26:36 pm »
Thank you Atenai and Al~!

*shares pizza with all* <3

Offline BluLibrarian

« Reply #9236 on: May 24, 2020, 06:08:24 pm »
I grew up in Boston, but still have never driven there. . . I've gotten aggressive with the highways down here, muscling into lanes and shit, but still... Thank the heavens the public transit supports my nervous ass up there.

Online Al Terego

« Reply #9237 on: May 24, 2020, 11:22:11 pm »
Best place for a tea party!

Offline atenai

« Reply #9238 on: May 25, 2020, 12:33:05 am »
Yeah, we're always good for those. Turn out is amazing.

Offline Merry Gentry

« Reply #9239 on: May 25, 2020, 06:17:24 pm »
Hello New people!

Online Al Terego

« Reply #9240 on: May 25, 2020, 09:14:43 pm »
Hello old and new alike!

Offline WeeksUnending

« Reply #9241 on: May 26, 2020, 07:58:59 am »
Hello all, how is everyone?

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9242 on: May 26, 2020, 08:05:09 am »
Hello all, how is everyone?

Hello! Welcome to Elliquiy! :-)

I'm doing fine, merci. You?

Online Al Terego

« Reply #9243 on: May 26, 2020, 08:35:06 am »
Welcome aboard, WeeksUnending!

Offline atenai

« Reply #9244 on: May 26, 2020, 08:36:53 am »
Welcome, welcome, WeeksUnending! (I know that feeling...)

I'm doing pretty well, how about you? It's a beautiful sunny 60F/15C day where I am in Boston, pretty hard to object to.

Offline WeeksUnending

« Reply #9245 on: May 26, 2020, 09:03:13 am »
I'm okay Nico, doing everything I can to not think about the work I should be doing. May go and do the dishes in a mo.

Thank you Al Terego, everyone has been very friendly so far :)

I wish it was that nice here. The weather where I am right now is predictably grey. I would love a good rainstorm if I can get sunshine, but not getting either.

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9246 on: May 26, 2020, 09:09:43 am »
I'm okay Nico, doing everything I can to not think about the work I should be doing. May go and do the dishes in a mo.

I wish it was that nice here. The weather where I am right now is predictably grey. I would love a good rainstorm if I can get sunshine, but not getting either.

I am done with work for today, I believe. Unless a client calls and that can always happen. :D

The weather here is nice again. It was pretty rainy the past days but now it is sunny and warm.

Online Al Terego

« Reply #9247 on: May 26, 2020, 10:32:09 am »
Thank you Al Terego, everyone has been very friendly so far :)

That's how we lure them in...

Muahahahaha!

Offline WeeksUnending

« Reply #9248 on: May 26, 2020, 10:40:50 am »
I am done with work for today, I believe. Unless a client calls and that can always happen. :D

The weather here is nice again. It was pretty rainy the past days but now it is sunny and warm.

I did the dishes but the weather is still terrible. I would like to be clear that I have actually finished the work I was supposed to do and am just clock watching for the next hour or so, I'm not leaving other people to pick up my slack.

How are you guys passing the time at the moment? All locked down and writing on here or doing other stuff? I've had YouTube on pretty much non-stop and I've been getting in all the games I can while I'm off.

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9249 on: May 26, 2020, 10:46:43 am »
I did the dishes but the weather is still terrible. I would like to be clear that I have actually finished the work I was supposed to do and am just clock watching for the next hour or so, I'm not leaving other people to pick up my slack.

How are you guys passing the time at the moment? All locked down and writing on here or doing other stuff? I've had YouTube on pretty much non-stop and I've been getting in all the games I can while I'm off.
It was raining in the meantime. ~chuckles~ Crazy weather here today it seems.

Oh, there is no lockdown here anymore. The exit restrictions we had are over as well. But during the lockdown, I worked. I'm self-employed and I work from home so that wasn't a problem. I'm glad the isolation is over, however. I was in self-isolation for over seven weeks, mostly because of my husband. He's a doctor and if he would have gotten infected and me in turn, I couldn't have given it to anyone else and so that I wouldn't have brought it home and get him infected.