You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 15, 2021, 05:46:54 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Take a moment...
to meet and greet.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Welcome to the New Doormat  (Read 360435 times)

Offline Silo

Re: Welcome to the New Doormat
« Reply #7475 on: December 07, 2018, 02:49:33 pm »
You're welcome. :-) Yes, it was a good, albeit long day. Almost over now, though! And the weekend ahead.
Hope you have a great plan/role playing for the weekend  :D

Offline HockeyGod

« Reply #7476 on: December 07, 2018, 07:30:59 pm »
Hello and greetings to applicants...good luck on speedy approvals!  ;D

Offline Ahrigato

« Reply #7477 on: December 07, 2018, 08:35:16 pm »
Hurray weekend! And hello forum!
A wise person once told me that good things never get old. And they were right! At least when it comes to the weekend. Don't know about others, but there's something about Friday nights and Saturday mornings that put a spring in my step. So here's a post wishing everyone a great weekend.

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7478 on: December 08, 2018, 02:01:21 am »
Happy Weekend everyone! :-)

Offline Silo

« Reply #7479 on: December 08, 2018, 02:16:27 am »
 :-) Saturday morning round here. Hope you will have a great day, I surely am enjoying answering all these questions I have never thought about, such a cool brain massage.
Thanks for this forum and cheers to everyone!

Offline Kinghex

• He Who Cannot Shut His Trap; The Mustering of the Blustering
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • Dude, I like totally love the Riddler. Man.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7480 on: December 08, 2018, 01:15:28 pm »
Thank goodness for weekends. They're an opportunity to relax, but they're also an opportunity to work. The week creates lost opportunities. The weekend stops enough happenings to collect what's been lost and throw away the excess. Right now, my lost opportunities have been chances to learn, and upon realizing several pursuits are dumb-dumb and stupid, have been promptly nuked.

I'm having my Saturday cup of coffee with a side of healthy salt. Hope you're all doing well.

Offline HockeyGod

« Reply #7481 on: December 08, 2018, 06:26:31 pm »
Hello, hello, welcome to E and good luck on speedy approvals. I hope everyone's Saturday is going well.

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7482 on: December 09, 2018, 01:43:43 am »
Happy Sunday! :-)

I hope everyone can enjoy the weekend!

Offline Flower

« Reply #7483 on: December 09, 2018, 08:15:33 am »
Indeed happy Sunday! Hope everyone's day is off to a positive start.

Offline Strega

« Reply #7484 on: December 09, 2018, 08:17:59 am »
A warm welcome to E for the newest additions or those waiting for an approval!

Offline Silo

« Reply #7485 on: December 09, 2018, 08:40:17 am »
Thanks Strega, Flower and all the great pals around here.
Sunday is surely the best day for thinking and devising new characters, worlds and words for our beloved leisure activities (if creating can be considered such a thing).

Have great ideas! Have a great day!

Offline Flower

« Reply #7486 on: December 09, 2018, 08:44:24 am »
Yes, I agree! I need to use this day to get some actual writing done.

Offline Hob

« Reply #7487 on: December 09, 2018, 09:18:40 am »
I'm working on just that right now!

Offline Blythe

« Reply #7488 on: December 10, 2018, 03:29:26 am »
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to anyone lurking about or to any new folks! :-)

Offline Silo

« Reply #7489 on: December 10, 2018, 04:37:07 am »
Wish you all a great monday (hope it is not too blue)...

Offline Strega

« Reply #7490 on: December 10, 2018, 09:22:53 am »
Wish you all a great monday (hope it is not too blue)...

Blue is a nice color either way ;)

Offline Silo

« Reply #7491 on: December 10, 2018, 09:52:06 am »

Offline Mirrah

« Reply #7492 on: December 10, 2018, 10:05:56 am »
Hi there, everyone. :-)

*Sidles in with coffee and muffins for everyone.*

Hope your day's going alright so far!

Offline Britwitch

« Reply #7493 on: December 10, 2018, 12:36:09 pm »
Hope everyone's week is starting or has started well! ;D

helps herself to a muffin

Now then...

Lol sounds like you've got a head full of character. Not a bad thing at all.

Do you have any favorite stories that you've had a partner for? That isn't to say your absolute favorite, as I know that can be hard to pick, but just ones that you've really enjoyed.

Do you go back and read over your rps?

And, have you had a rp you were really enjoying but then your partner disappeared? If so, what was the plot?

I do have some favourites for sure, I think all writers probably do and I've been really lucky here at E to have some amazing partners help me tell some gorgeous stories. <3
I frequently go back and read those that have been finished and am always looking back over my current ones to see what I need to work into my posts and such. :D
I've been RPing for about 14 years so I've naturally had those stories that were going well and then...poof! But I've been fortunate in that most have either become solo projects ;D or I've retried from the beginning with another partner later on when it became clear the original writer wasn't coming back.

What about you? Do you have a favourite RP that has stuck in your mind?

Offline Ashryver

« Reply #7494 on: December 10, 2018, 12:47:31 pm »
Hope everyone's week is starting or has started well! ;D

helps herself to a muffin

Now then...

I do have some favourites for sure, I think all writers probably do and I've been really lucky here at E to have some amazing partners help me tell some gorgeous stories. <3
I frequently go back and read those that have been finished and am always looking back over my current ones to see what I need to work into my posts and such. :D
I've been RPing for about 14 years so I've naturally had those stories that were going well and then...poof! But I've been fortunate in that most have either become solo projects ;D or I've retried from the beginning with another partner later on when it became clear the original writer wasn't coming back.

What about you? Do you have a favourite RP that has stuck in your mind?

Not that I mind you moving the conversation here, but isn't the point of the intro thread for staff and members seeking approval to converse?

What sort of plots are your favorites though and same question to the ones that you've enjoyed so much that you either went solo on them or tried it with a new partner?

I have several, but the two that come to mind both involve dragons.

One was about a Sky Commander, who well, commanded the cavalry that could fly (wyverns, dragons, griffons, etc) and a stable hand. He eventually joins the cavalry. I was really enjoying the setting and characters, but life happened to my partner and they vanished.

That was years ago. The second is more recent. It's actually the sample of writing that I left in my intro. A dragonless dragon rider and an injured dragon meet. We didn't get very far. Life, again.

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7495 on: December 10, 2018, 12:49:26 pm »
~peeks, waves and drops coffees~

Offline Britwitch

« Reply #7496 on: December 10, 2018, 12:57:47 pm »
Not that I mind you moving the conversation here, but isn't the point of the intro thread for staff and members seeking approval to converse?

It is but as I'd asked several questions already, I wanted to move our conversation here so other staff, mentors and members can get to know you too. Don't want to 'hog' you after all ;D

Plus it was a good way to show you another part of E, a cunning plan on my part... ;)

What sort of plots are your favorites though and same question to the ones that you've enjoyed so much that you either went solo on them or tried it with a new partner?

I have several, but the two that come to mind both involve dragons.

One was about a Sky Commander, who well, commanded the cavalry that could fly (wyverns, dragons, griffons, etc) and a stable hand. He eventually joins the cavalry. I was really enjoying the setting and characters, but life happened to my partner and they vanished.

That was years ago. The second is more recent. It's actually the sample of writing that I left in my intro. A dragonless dragon rider and an injured dragon meet. We didn't get very far. Life, again.

I tend to be something of a romantic at heart but as romance can come in many forms the stories I've particularly enjoyed have covered a range of genres and content - I do love a good historically set story though (bit of a history geek). Stories with love of the epic sort are my cup of tea. <3 Whether it's a runaway princess and the pirate captain she falls for, or the enemies who end up closer than they would ever have expected to be.

One of the ones I ended up writing solo was a WW2 story about a German POW sent to work on a farm in the UK and the widow he ended up working for. My partner was wonderful but vanished and the idea was too vivid in my mind to just let it go. So, after waiting a long time, I started from the beginning and completed it for Nano one year. It's one of my many novel projects I plan to go back and polish at some point. ;D

And oooh, dragons! They sound fabulous storylines but it's true, sometimes even the most awesome of stories can't escape the effects of real life.

waves back and enjoys a mugful

Offline Ashryver

« Reply #7497 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:53 pm »
It is but as I'd asked several questions already, I wanted to move our conversation here so other staff, mentors and members can get to know you too. Don't want to 'hog' you after all ;D

Plus it was a good way to show you another part of E, a cunning plan on my part... ;)

. . . sneaky lol.

I tend to be something of a romantic at heart but as romance can come in many forms the stories I've particularly enjoyed have covered a range of genres and content - I do love a good historically set story though (bit of a history geek). Stories with love of the epic sort are my cup of tea. <3 Whether it's a runaway princess and the pirate captain she falls for, or the enemies who end up closer than they would ever have expected to be.

One of the ones I ended up writing solo was a WW2 story about a German POW sent to work on a farm in the UK and the widow he ended up working for. My partner was wonderful but vanished and the idea was too vivid in my mind to just let it go. So, after waiting a long time, I started from the beginning and completed it for Nano one year. It's one of my many novel projects I plan to go back and polish at some point. ;D

Ahh I see. I've done a couple enemies ending up close rps, but none that have really gripped me yet.

How long is the WW2 novel now?

And oooh, dragons! They sound fabulous storylines but it's true, sometimes even the most awesome of stories can't escape the effects of real life.

Sad, but true.

What sort of rps do you have going on currently?

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'll accept the kind gesture :) Make it hot chocolate, and I'd be all over it! waves back

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7498 on: December 10, 2018, 01:13:26 pm »

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'll accept the kind gesture :) Make it hot chocolate, and I'd be all over it! waves back

Et voilĂ !  ;D

Offline Ashryver

« Reply #7499 on: December 10, 2018, 01:20:00 pm »
Et voilĂ !  ;D

grabs cup, nearly spilling it, before blowing softly and taking a small sip Thank you, Nico!