You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 15, 2021, 06:57:57 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

"Year One"
Congratulations "QT & WiCk3d" for completing your RP!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Welcome to the New Doormat  (Read 360327 times)

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Welcome to the New Doormat
« Reply #2750 on: August 19, 2017, 12:10:01 am »
Yay! The weekend!

Hope everyone has a lovely one.

Offline SINless

« Reply #2751 on: August 19, 2017, 05:53:57 am »
Good day everyone, hope you enjoy the weekend if you have one. Hope work isn't too bad if you do.

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2752 on: August 19, 2017, 06:39:52 am »
Good day everyone, hope you enjoy the weekend if you have one. Hope work isn't too bad if you do.
Good to meet you!
Fortunately, I am one of the people who does not need to work on the weekends. ;D

Offline SINless

« Reply #2753 on: August 19, 2017, 06:59:13 am »
Good to meet you!
Fortunately, I am one of the people who does not need to work on the weekends. ;D

Lucky you😀

Nice to meet you as well. Enjoy your weekend.

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2754 on: August 19, 2017, 07:11:00 am »
Lucky you😀

Nice to meet you as well. Enjoy your weekend.
You as well! :-)

Online CrownedSun

• God of the Sun ~ Rawr ~ Melpomenian ~ A lil' Broken ~ Dweller within the Hot Tub
  • Legate
  • Addict
  • Rawwwr!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #2755 on: August 19, 2017, 07:24:56 am »
*can't help but wonder if the nickname SINless is a Shadowrun reference...*

Offline SINless

« Reply #2756 on: August 19, 2017, 07:47:56 am »
*can't help but wonder if the nickname SINless is a Shadowrun reference...*

It's the caps isn't it.

No actually I first got the nickname after I went to Uni.

Because I signed up late, admin didn't give me a student number (in dutch Studentenidentificatienummer) or student identification number, for like the first three months, during my first tests I had to keep explaining I didn't get the number. So I started writing on the papers: (Sinloos) dutch for S.i.n.less, but also a homophone for (zinloos) which is Dutch for useless or without purpose.

Of course people start calling me Sinloos as a joke, and it stuck. Later the English version Sinless evolved.

After I discovered Shadowrun (which I sadly did not find until the mid noughties) I started capitalising the I and N.

So I guess that was a long and roundabout way of saying: it's partly based on shadowrun yes

Online CrownedSun

• God of the Sun ~ Rawr ~ Melpomenian ~ A lil' Broken ~ Dweller within the Hot Tub
  • Legate
  • Addict
  • Rawwwr!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2757 on: August 19, 2017, 08:15:52 am »
See, that feels like a teasing answer, where you start of saying no only to say yes at the end. XD

Great story, though, I love it.

Offline SINless

« Reply #2758 on: August 19, 2017, 11:32:46 am »
See, that feels like a teasing answer, where you start of saying no only to say yes at the end. XD

Great story, though, I love it.

I sometimes start a story without having a clue where it will end.

Nah that's a lie. It is most of the time that that happens.

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2759 on: August 19, 2017, 11:35:25 am »
I sometimes start a story without having a clue where it will end.

Nah that's a lie. It is most of the time that that happens.
My stories are all like that and I prefer it that way. Plotting is lovely, but too much is restrictive. ~nodnod~ I can't ever tell what my characters will do, they all have their own minds.

Offline Theta Sigma

• The Oncoming Storm - ΘΣ - Purveyor of Anthro-Smut - He/him or They/them
  • Champion
  • Incarnal
  • The dreamer of improbable dreams
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2760 on: August 19, 2017, 12:00:40 pm »
My stories are all like that and I prefer it that way. Plotting is lovely, but too much is restrictive. ~nodnod~ I can't ever tell what my characters will do, they all have their own minds.
Likewise! Vague idea of where story will go, and then watching it all fly free is the best.

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2761 on: August 19, 2017, 12:13:25 pm »
Likewise! Vague idea of where story will go, and then watching it all fly free is the best.
I like to say that my characters all have a past, but their future is up in the air.

Offline Mister Morgue

• .☆☆ ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇss ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ ☆☆. .☆☆ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇᴍᴀɴ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ☆☆. . .☆☆ ·.· ғᴛᴍ ʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ ·.· ☆☆. .
  • Oracle
  • Enchanter
  • ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴄᴏʟᴏᴜʀs ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴇᴇɴ
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #2762 on: August 19, 2017, 12:34:13 pm »
Likewise! I often start without plan on where it will end. Characters I create tend to get a brief sort of history, enough that I can shape their personality. But sometimes the personality shapes the history... I prefer to work things in as I go along while I try to keep in mind things that have already happened or were talked about. It's a fun way to write, I think! :D

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2763 on: August 19, 2017, 12:49:50 pm »
Likewise! I often start without plan on where it will end. Characters I create tend to get a brief sort of history, enough that I can shape their personality. But sometimes the personality shapes the history... I prefer to work things in as I go along while I try to keep in mind things that have already happened or were talked about. It's a fun way to write, I think! :D
Yep! Exactly!
Often enough, I create a character - only to watch them take the lead and do their own things and not turn out as I thought they would! I love that, though. It bestows so much depth to a character, in the end, if they grow like that.

Online CrownedSun

• Legate
  • Addict
  • Rawwwr!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2764 on: August 19, 2017, 01:04:48 pm »
I often do a lot of planning, and I like to have a general idea of where things are going, but it doesn't take long before I'm in the backseat and the characters are driving. XD

...why do all the planning then?

*shrugs* Just found that it leads to better stories, in the end, and it's certainly not useless.

Offline Lady Sakura

• #BlackLivesMatter|Stop breaking yourself down into bite-sized pieces, stay whole and let them choke #BostonFierce #1PatriotsFan 🏈|Patriot Sister of Merry G.|Untamed's Bestie 💘|Surviving Horror with Gnothi|#EclipseTwin
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2765 on: August 19, 2017, 01:05:37 pm »
And Nicholas makes some really bomb characters! *secretly stalks them <3*

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2766 on: August 19, 2017, 01:06:51 pm »
As I said, I really enjoy plotting but it usually doesn't go as planned. ~laughs~ That's the experiences I've made in the past years. I like to go with the flow more than anything.

And Nicholas makes some really bomb characters! *secretly stalks them <3*
~hugs tight~ Glad you are enjoying the read, darling!

Offline Mister Morgue

• .☆☆ ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇss ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ ☆☆. .☆☆ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇᴍᴀɴ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ☆☆. . .☆☆ ·.· ғᴛᴍ ʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ ·.· ☆☆. .
  • Oracle
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2767 on: August 19, 2017, 01:16:22 pm »
I agree that some sort of planning isn't a bad idea. Just more often than not, as is said, the character just sort of takes over and I'm simply a conduit to put their voice out there. It's a fun and wild sort of ride. Often times when I do try to plan for things, I sort of have to tweak them or scrap them altogether because what I thought the character would be like ends up not quite being who they are in the end. That's just how it goes.

It's interesting, though, to hear how others plan out stories and characters. Everyone has different writing processes, and it's always a neat thing to learn about, I think :D

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2768 on: August 19, 2017, 01:19:23 pm »
I agree that some sort of planning isn't a bad idea. Just more often than not, as is said, the character just sort of takes over and I'm simply a conduit to put their voice out there. It's a fun and wild sort of ride. Often times when I do try to plan for things, I sort of have to tweak them or scrap them altogether because what I thought the character would be like ends up not quite being who they are in the end. That's just how it goes.

It's interesting, though, to hear how others plan out stories and characters. Everyone has different writing processes, and it's always a neat thing to learn about, I think :D
~nodnod~ It is!

I've gone through several stages in the past years. Most didn't work for me and it always killed my muse at one point. But now, since about three years or so, I'm settled and very comfortable with how I like things when it comes to writing. It's been quite the journey with more downs than ups, but now I'm settled.

Offline Mister Morgue

• Oracle
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2769 on: August 19, 2017, 01:24:52 pm »
~nodnod~ It is!

I've gone through several stages in the past years. Most didn't work for me and it always killed my muse at one point. But now, since about three years or so, I'm settled and very comfortable with how I like things when it comes to writing. It's been quite the journey with more downs than ups, but now I'm settled.

I feel as though writing, just like with painting or illustrative arts, is a journey. You start out doing things, perhaps in a way that's influenced by another. But eventually it becomes an amalgamation of your own design. Your life experiences, your own voice. Eventually you realize that you have to push the boundaries a little if you want to keep growing. So you do just that, and it's uncomfortable, and stressful, and it doesn't always work. But you keep trying anyway. You learn more and more as you do it. And eventually you find another comfort zone. And it's good, real good. Eventually, though, I feel like you have to start pushing your own boundaries again.

I think that creativity is a constant learning process. A skill you have to continually grow with. Finding somewhere that's comfortable, doing what you know is fine. But some day you're going to want to do something different - and that's the real fun part. All that anxiety and fear and eagerness at trying something new and different. And you may be let down, but you learn so much! I love that. I absolutely love that about writing, and creating art in general. I feel like the journey is the best part.

Offline Nico

• Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2770 on: August 19, 2017, 01:29:03 pm »
I feel as though writing, just like with painting or illustrative arts, is a journey. You start out doing things, perhaps in a way that's influenced by another. But eventually it becomes an amalgamation of your own design. Your life experiences, your own voice. Eventually you realize that you have to push the boundaries a little if you want to keep growing. So you do just that, and it's uncomfortable, and stressful, and it doesn't always work. But you keep trying anyway. You learn more and more as you do it. And eventually you find another comfort zone. And it's good, real good. Eventually, though, I feel like you have to start pushing your own boundaries again.

I think that creativity is a constant learning process. A skill you have to continually grow with. Finding somewhere that's comfortable, doing what you know is fine. But some day you're going to want to do something different - and that's the real fun part. All that anxiety and fear and eagerness at trying something new and different. And you may be let down, but you learn so much! I love that. I absolutely love that about writing, and creating art in general. I feel like the journey is the best part.

I only can agree with all of this! :-) I'm an artist so I know all about creative processes, even if writing is just a hobby for me. It's not any different, in the end. It's always the journey that matters. I've learned so much in my time here and even the experiences that lead to losing my muse helped in the end, to shape my writing skills and become better!

Sometimes it is necessary to push boundaries but with a writing partner I am really comfortable with, that's not and issue at all.

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #2771 on: August 19, 2017, 04:28:10 pm »
+1 to all of that :-)

Offline KiraYamato

« Reply #2772 on: August 19, 2017, 06:38:42 pm »
Hello hello

Online CrownedSun

• Legate
  • Addict
  • Rawwwr!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2773 on: August 19, 2017, 06:41:21 pm »
Hello Kira. XD

Offline Mister Morgue

• Oracle
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2774 on: August 19, 2017, 06:48:31 pm »
hello hello! goooooood evening everyone - at least it's evening for me :D How's everyone's day been so far?