You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 15, 2021, 07:06:09 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

"Year One"
Congratulations "QT & WiCk3d" for completing your RP!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Welcome to the New Doormat  (Read 360458 times)

Lisa2lady and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Chewy

• \\//Community Wookie || Princess of Alderaan || Poison Ivy Lover || History Lover || Un Poco Loca || Google Queen\\//
  • Lady
  • Bacchae
  • \\//Don't Lie, You Got Excited\\//
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Welcome to the New Doormat
« Reply #2550 on: July 31, 2017, 01:56:23 pm »
Oh that sounds like fun. Haha! Although, I SHOULD still be in bed technically but my body hurts from laying in bed for too long so I got up and slowly (Like a slug slow) made food. lol

I slept alright. I've been up since like 3 though. lol Medication I'm on makes me sleep oddly. Like not a lot and not often. But it was some good sleep. How about yourself?

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2551 on: July 31, 2017, 02:04:46 pm »
~peeks and waves~ Hello everyone! :-)

Offline Chewy

• \\//Community Wookie || Princess of Alderaan || Poison Ivy Lover || History Lover || Un Poco Loca || Google Queen\\//
  • Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2552 on: July 31, 2017, 02:56:41 pm »
//Smiles and waves at Nicholas// Hello!

Offline NikangKaori

« Reply #2553 on: July 31, 2017, 11:28:02 pm »
Hello hello to everyone too~  ;D

Offline Chewy

• Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2554 on: July 31, 2017, 11:32:53 pm »
//Sees Kaori. Tackles// Hiiiiiiiiiii! :D

Offline NikangKaori

« Reply #2555 on: July 31, 2017, 11:43:50 pm »
//Sees Kaori. Tackles// Hiiiiiiiiiii! :D

//tackle hugs back// Hi Hi Hi~! ;D  Thank you for the questionio by the way!  :D

Offline Chewy

• Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2556 on: July 31, 2017, 11:54:08 pm »

//Offers tray of pastries// Have some!

And you're very welcome. I definitely agreed with you on your answer. There isn't a lot I'd change about roleplaying but one thing I'd probably change is people look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I roleplay like I'm still a kid or something. Half of the time I have to explain to them that it's a creative outlet for me and that I prefer it over writing along. Plus I write better when I roleplay.

That and I'd change the fact that it's super hard to find people that like what I like AND can keep up with me at the same time as strange as that might sound.

Offline NikangKaori

« Reply #2557 on: August 01, 2017, 12:04:44 am »
SWEET THINGS!!!! *ahem* I mean, why yes, thank you, thank you very much, don't mind if I do. *sweet in both hands starts munching*

People look at  with like I have three heads when I say I roleplay because their minds go into the gutter first and foremost. Then they just laugh in relief when I explain that I build characters and stories with others on the internet through extensive writing. But yeah that would be a nice think to change, not getting judged. Plus writing alone is just so limiting and lonely. At least when I am alone with myself while writing it is. ;D

Oh no I understand. It gets a bit disheartening when you get pumped for this extensive and in depth story you've planned out and you get a three to five sentence single paragraph back... My Highlander Lass x Viking Laird roleplay that read almost like novel was sort of like that for me on another site. But I try to be grateful that the other person replied in a prompt manner and reminded me when I needed to post. I am very grateful for the good flow it had, even though it didn't last as long as I would have liked.

Offline Chewy

• Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2558 on: August 01, 2017, 12:12:41 am »
//Munches on some sweets herself// Anything for an awesome chick!

Most people go, "What like D&D?" And then I have to explain to them, that's considered a 'tabletop' roleplay and explain different types of roleplaying that are out there. Most of the time they just shake their heads. It's not so much that I hate being judged, it's that I hate that people judge the roleplaying act itself. As if it's a waste of time. Some people have surprised me but most people just give me the same reaction. I've had ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends accuse me of cheating on them because of roleplaying. //facepalm and shakes head// It's like come on, really? How can I cheat on you with a fictional character?

Yeah It's usually either I find someone who is interested but can't keep up with my lengthy posts and don't give me much to go off of because of their lack of... I don't want to say lack of effort or lack of talent... but just they lack something that makes it hard for me to look at their post and have inspiration to respond. Like I get nothing to go off of. That or it's someone with PHENOMENAL talent but we don't want to do the same things which makes me wanna cry sometimes because I'm like, "Oh how I wish you liked what I liked because we could be amazing together!" Haha!

Offline LovingDeep

« Reply #2559 on: August 01, 2017, 10:38:52 am »
Just wanted to drop by and say Hi to everyone. Looking forward to getting into some roleplays as soon as I'm approved. Hope to talk to you all soon.

Offline OreoTopic starter

• Centurion ~Clotho~ ~ALWAYS HUGGABLE~ Doddering Ailurophile ^_^
  • Guardian
  • Carnite
  • Location: gettin outta bed, waging war with the voices in my head
  • Peace - Inspire positivity.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2560 on: August 01, 2017, 10:48:26 am »
Hi there Loving. I hope you enjoy your approval process and what is available to you at this time.

*drops off some morning food stuffs*

Offline LovingDeep

« Reply #2561 on: August 01, 2017, 10:49:51 am »
Haven't done to much looking just yet but will get deeper some time today. Thanks for the nomnoms.

Offline OreoTopic starter

• Centurion ~Clotho~ ~ALWAYS HUGGABLE~ Doddering Ailurophile ^_^
  • Guardian
  • Carnite
  • Location: gettin outta bed, waging war with the voices in my head
  • Peace - Inspire positivity.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2562 on: August 01, 2017, 11:01:34 am »
*nods* There are some interesting things this side of the gates. It gives a good notion of what to expect if approved. The other side of the park is >_> huge.

Offline LovingDeep

« Reply #2563 on: August 01, 2017, 11:10:29 am »
*Grins broadly* So I've gathered. Aside from just making awesome friends here, I can't wait to see the depth people go to just to give a good RP for their partner.

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2564 on: August 02, 2017, 02:55:10 pm »
Welcome, all you new people! :-)

Offline Nowherewoman

• No fantasy is large enough to contain my dreams.
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • If death doesn't get you, the life surely will.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2565 on: August 02, 2017, 04:21:44 pm »
*smelled sugar. Came looking*

Offline Tarot

« Reply #2566 on: August 02, 2017, 11:31:28 pm »
I'm happy I'm not the only one who came here with the idea to bring in some sweets as a hello!

*Offers some cinnamon buns as a midnight snack and/or early morning breakfast.*

I'm Taro and I'm new to the site, so I thought it'd be a fun idea to come chat and see what's happening around town. :3
I have an interesting question, though you don't have to answer it if you don't feel like it!

What's your favorite midnight snack?

Offline RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Will I ever be more than I've always been?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2567 on: August 02, 2017, 11:38:43 pm »
Awww yes.  This thread makes me so hungry :-( I am the sad that there are no delicious cinnamon buns in my kitchen (or belly) right now.

I DO have perfectly sweet cherries ready for consumption though.  They've been my midnight snack of choice lately!

It's good to see you here Taro :D

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2568 on: August 02, 2017, 11:43:31 pm »
I'm happy I'm not the only one who came here with the idea to bring in some sweets as a hello!

*Offers some cinnamon buns as a midnight snack and/or early morning breakfast.*

I'm Taro and I'm new to the site, so I thought it'd be a fun idea to come chat and see what's happening around town. :3
I have an interesting question, though you don't have to answer it if you don't feel like it!

What's your favorite midnight snack?

OMG! Cinnamon buns!!! <3

I'm such a night owl, I'm pretty much always around at night. lol

Offline Tarot

« Reply #2569 on: August 02, 2017, 11:44:02 pm »
Awww yes.  This thread makes me so hungry :-( I am the sad that there are no delicious cinnamon buns in my kitchen (or belly) right now.

I DO have perfectly sweet cherries ready for consumption though.  They've been my midnight snack of choice lately!

It's good to see you here Taro :D

Sadly I lack the in real life cinna buns, but I do have brownies that I made earlier(I love to bake) so that makes up for it I suppose.
Oh man, I love cherries and berries of any kind! Besides strawberries, I'm allergic and it's never a fun time when I eat them. cx

It's nice to see you here too, Rampant!  :D

Offline Tarot

« Reply #2570 on: August 02, 2017, 11:48:59 pm »
OMG! Cinnamon buns!!! <3

I'm such a night owl, I'm pretty much always around at night. lol

Hoot Hoot.

I understand your pain though, my friend.  :'(
It's around 12:30am here and I should go to sleep soon, but insomnia is calling my name. I have a dentist appointment later in the day, so it's probably nerves because needles scare me oops.

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2571 on: August 02, 2017, 11:52:17 pm »
Hoot Hoot.

I understand your pain though, my friend.  :'(
It's around 12:30am here and I should go to sleep soon, but insomnia is calling my name. I have a dentist appointment later in the day, so it's probably nerves because needles scare me oops.

^^ I love owls. lol

I've tried to get back on a normal schedule, but my body (or brain) is just like "AHAHA! You're so cute... Thinking you'll be able to function like a normal person..." lol

I don't like needles either, so I'm totally with you on that front. >.<

Offline Tarot

« Reply #2572 on: August 02, 2017, 11:55:41 pm »
^^ I love owls. lol

I've tried to get back on a normal schedule, but my body (or brain) is just like "AHAHA! You're so cute... Thinking you'll be able to function like a normal person..." lol

I don't like needles either, so I'm totally with you on that front. >.<

Owls are really cute and dorky. I love when they tilt their head really far to one side and look at you like,
What'cha looking at, bro?"
I've tried so many times and then when I finally get on a regular schedule, something happens and then I just go back to the way it was.

Sleep is for the weak minded, anyway. 8D

Offline persephone325

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2573 on: August 03, 2017, 12:00:05 am »
Owls are really cute and dorky. I love when they tilt their head really far to one side and look at you like,
What'cha looking at, bro?"
I've tried so many times and then when I finally get on a regular schedule, something happens and then I just go back to the way it was.

Sleep is for the weak minded, anyway. 8D

lol There was a gif I saw on Tumblr of some guy showing a real owl a little miniature owl, and the owl was spreading its wings and acting all tough at it. It was really funny. One of the comments was something like "We hold owls in such high esteem, like they're the wisest creatures. But they're really cute idiots." It made me laugh for a good five minutes. XD

Same! I try to force myself, but that hardly ever works out. I've just come to accept it, now. lol

Offline Tarot

« Reply #2574 on: August 03, 2017, 12:08:04 am »
lol There was a gif I saw on Tumblr of some guy showing a real owl a little miniature owl, and the owl was spreading its wings and acting all tough at it. It was really funny. One of the comments was something like "We hold owls in such high esteem, like they're the wisest creatures. But they're really cute idiots." It made me laugh for a good five minutes. XD

Same! I try to force myself, but that hardly ever works out. I've just come to accept it, now. lol

I think I've seen that gif!! Or at least one similar too it!
I used to be addicted to Tumblr back was I was like 15, I've tried getting back into it but haven't really been able too besides setting up some roleplay accounts. XD