You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 12:20:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Welcome to the New Doormat  (Read 18867 times)

Offline Rel Mayer

Re: Welcome to the New Doormat
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2016, 02:25:38 PM »
Morning! I had the hardest time sleeping last night! This morning came too fast but with a couple tiny, smiling faces, some good music and some kitchen dancing, it's shaping up to be a nice day!! Going to have to get outside before the forecasted rain makes an appearance!

Ooo! Dancing in the kitchen is one of my favorite past times. :) I'm happy you're having a good day, even if it's without sleep!

Offline Oceane

« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2016, 02:36:15 PM »
So far so good!  Dancing is something I make sure I do every day. It's part of the breakfast routine in my house as well as the bedtime routine. From morning 'til night! :)  Usually it's kids music but sometimes I can sneak some of my own in there.  This morning it was the 'Try Everything' Shakira song from the Zootopia soundtrack.   Just about lunch time now and today has so far been full of colouring, playing with trains and tracks, eyebrow tweezing (just for me.. not the kids :P )   Lunch will be served outside because why not? Rain is supposed to hit this afternoon so now is the time to take advantage!!

Offline Rel Mayer

« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2016, 09:28:13 AM »
I actually love that song! :) It's amazing and it makes me want to try -everything!- Well, maybe not everything. ;)

Also, congrats on your approval!

Offline Dark Despairs

« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »
There is no need to thank me Oceane, congratulations on your approval.  Dancing, one of several things I have never attempted in my life and never will, unless you count doing the crip walk, dancing. How is everyone?

Offline Oceane

« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2016, 11:14:00 AM »
Rel Mayer - It's pretty darn good! It gets stuck in my head a lot, actually.   Thanks for the approval congrats! :) Super excited to entwine myself here.

Dark Despairs - Thanks to you as well for the congrats!   Dancing does not have to be performed with the body, although that is the most obvious way. I dance in my head all the time. Have you ever followed a raindrop or a speck of dirt on a car window as it travelled across the world outside? Bobbing your head or changing your angle to make it leap from tree to tree? I have always considered that to be dancing.  Closing my eyes while listening to music, I can visualize colours and patterns as they dance and twirl within the confines of my mind... dancing is what you make it! :)

Offline Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2016, 11:33:00 AM »
~peeks and waves~

Good luck for your approval, all you new people! :-)

Offline GingerKitty

Re: new thread---newbie experience
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2016, 07:41:44 PM »
So, I just applied to become a member here, and had a very interesting flashback to an earlier point in my life. This vetting process is welcome, but it has had an unnerving effect on me, til I realized why.

Recently I agreed to go to my High School's reunion (gee, do I HAVE to tell you which one? Gives me away :).  I was such an introvert and unsure of myself back then, yet had a desperate need to fit in somewhere. I was spending my time seated with the outcasts, those of no real social standing within the terms of the hierarchy established of: jocks and cheerleaders, then the snarky achievers and last the geeks. I operated at the borders of all, but at no point was accepted in any. I bemoaned the fact of my exclusion until one day I said to hell with it, sequestered myself in my family's den, and began to paint. This was the start of my painting career. I gave up on hoping for acceptance, looked inward and found something there I hadn't known could be focused in that way.

So, here I am, wanting connection, waiting for an unknown group of people to judge whether I am acceptable, triggering this old, historic feeling, knowing that the only acceptance needed was my own....ahh there's the rub, ain't it?

I'm an artist, a musician, songwriter. I have a wild and indulgent imagination! :)

I look forward to making connections here.

Hi limpkin,

I'm glad that I'm not alone in seeking approval here! Ironically, when my high school reunion also came up this year, I couldn't bring myself to go. The reality is that I never really made connections with many of my peers in high school and instead went to community college for my junior and senior year. I always wanted to be friends with older, more mature people. Maybe that's just because I was afraid of rejection back then.

Although I consider myself pretty far removed from the insecurities of my high school days, I am more nervous than I would have expected to get approved as a member on this site. Not going to lie, I've checked in on my introduction thread multiple times in the last 24 hours, eager for another chance to prove myself to this community.

I hope to get to learn more about you! It's nice to see that there are other newbies here that share common interests. I hope that you'll share some of your music/songs on the blog section, I love getting to see what other creative people bring to the table.

Happy Wednesday!

gingerkitty

Offline EuphoricDysphoria

« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2016, 08:39:42 AM »
Like others have said it's strange to be waiting for approval here. I am actually quite excited about it however, because there's an outside chance I might not have to wade through a sea of unmitigated sphincters before I find anyone worth interacting with, let alone writing with.

Right, I've loafed about enough today. Time I got off my punk arse and did some housework before the bloke gets home and flays me.

Offline Blythe

« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2016, 01:07:34 PM »
For those nervous about the approval process--please don't be. It's really just a way to ensure the community stays healthy, enjoyable, and safe. Just be yourselves, have fun with the questions and intro process, and hope for the best! The grand majority of people do get approved. Fingers crossed! :)

And howdy to all you new folks, speaking of new people! Nice to meet you all! I hope each of you will like it here.  8-)

Offline GingerKitty

« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2016, 04:52:10 PM »
For those nervous about the approval process--please don't be. It's really just a way to ensure the community stays healthy, enjoyable, and safe. Just be yourselves, have fun with the questions and intro process, and hope for the best! The grand majority of people do get approved. Fingers crossed! :)

And howdy to all you new folks, speaking of new people! Nice to meet you all! I hope each of you will like it here.  8-)

Thanks for the reassurance, Blythe! It's very nice to meet you as well!

I love your name, by the way. The Anne of Green Gables in me has always been drawn to Blythes. I hope to have the opportunity to chat with you a bit more once I *fingers crossed* get approved!

Tata for now,

GingerKitty

Offline Ambrose

« Reply #210 on: July 21, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
Haha, this is weird for me since, this is the second time I m going through this, however I still feel new since I don't recognize just about any one here.

Online RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • If this love is pain then honey let's hurt tonight
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2016, 03:45:41 AM »
*breaks out the fancy coffee skills for all of you lovely people*

Or whatever your drink of choice might be though it's hard to swirl hearts into water O.o Am willing to give it the good ole college try though.

I hope you're having a great day so far; it is certainly nice to see so many of you here :D be you old members, new applicants, or the recently approved (congrats by the way!) I   you all!

Offline Ambrose

« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2016, 04:42:23 AM »
*takes a sip, slipping back into his chair* Mmm, great coffee thank you for the welcome, the mentor ship program seems to have really taken off. I can feel the warmth as kind of a new member. :)

Offline everu

« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2016, 07:27:51 AM »
I was really nervous myself since I'm not the greatest writer, and get really self-conscious with anything I do write.  Hearing from a really good friend of mine (the one that referred me to here) that I should stop worrying about it, I just decided to go and go for it.  The people in the shoutbox are really awesome people, and now that I'm approved, I've started looking around the forums.  Glad to meet all of you guys, and I'm sure that I'll meet many more.

Offline Irisa

« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2016, 06:41:25 PM »
OOOH! Coffee please!  mmmmmmmmm   Toe wiggling happy!

So I'm new here.  Hello all.  Thanks to those who are wishing us new folks good luck.

I'm digging the questions and answers, so far.  :-)

Offline Ambrose

« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »
Hello irisa and welcome hope you enjoy your stay and I am also in the approval process patiently waiting.

Offline Irisa

« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »
Hi Ambrose

It's nice meeting you.  I hope you're enjoying the approval process.   Thanks for the welcome!

Irisa

Offline LustfullyAddicted

« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2016, 10:03:16 PM »
Hi. I'm new and waiting to be approved. Can anyone tell me more about the site? How are people like on here? :)

Online RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • If this love is pain then honey let's hurt tonight
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2016, 02:48:19 AM »
I hope that you're settling in and finding your way around well everu.  Am pretty sure that we're our own worst critics when it comes to writing, but rest assured that no one here is looking for perfection, just awesome people to share ideas and stories with. 

'm glad that you're having fun with the process Irisa.  There is always coffee and conversation to be had here in the Doormat (as well as some of the most stomach rumbling pictures of food in existence.  Seriously, never come here hungry). 

It is great to see you here as well Ambrose, and you're most welcome for the coffee ;)  It's been fun getting to know all of you in your intro threads and it's even better seeing you out and about other places!

As far as 'how are people like on here?' that can be a hard to answer question LustullyAddicted.  E's members are from all over the world, with all kinds of personalities, backgrounds, writing styles, but in a kind of universal sense I've never met a group of more accepting and supportive people in my time on the interwebs (or anywhere really now that I think about it O.o)

I think I need something a bit more substantial this morning to supplement my coffee.  Smoothies perhaps?  I love the vibrant colors you can get with fruit.  Pretty and delicious!

Offline EuphoricDysphoria

« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2016, 05:06:19 AM »
I think it's a really good idea to try to keep the membership inclusive, intelligent and asshat free. As a woman I've given up on a lot of adult sites (Fetlife most notably) because I'm just sick to the back teeth of random, delusional, predatory nonsense. I'm actually quite jaded in that regard, which leads to me verbally eviscerating random smacktards who aren't worthy of my time and wit. I get really sick of being patronised, abused and disregarded because my sexual identity is sub/maso. To me that sexuality is as involuntary as homosexuality; indelibly woven into my DNA somewhere. I'd actually quite like to be the kind of girl who wants to be treated like a princess. I've never really fathomed why this is the way I'm wired. I'm actually an ardent feminist, in additional to promoting LGBT rights etc. I'm utterly sick of feeling obliged to explain that to the chauvinist, anacephalic sphincters I encounter in droves on kinky adult sites. I got sick of the whole charade. So if this site is policed like a maximum security jail so much the better. Sadly, it needs to be.

\rant  ^-^

Offline OreoTopic starter

« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2016, 05:23:13 AM »
Hi EuphoricDysphoria

A visit to our Pillory and PermaBanned board will give some indication to what we will not tolerate. ; )

Welcome all our new applicants. I hope you are having a pleasant and fun filled weekend.

Offline Ambrose

« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2016, 06:01:07 AM »
Hello Oreo I don't know if you recall me but I believe your some one I have while not known have seen before not trying to drench up the past just an observation and greetings to you too.

« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2016, 06:35:23 AM »
Yes, I got you set up with a new start. I hope you are enjoying the application process. ;D

Offline Ambrose

« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2016, 07:11:26 AM »
Yes, I got you set up with a new start. I hope you are enjoying the application process. ;D

I won't lie it's long and arduous but I can understand the reasoning for why that is. So, I am trying to enjoy the line of questioning.

« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2016, 07:13:29 AM »
It's really quite fun if you let it be. It's like waiting for Christmas.