You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:36:45 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Welcome to the New Doormat  (Read 17735 times)

Offline Lindrea

• Redheaded Succubus
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Fill me up and leave me begging for more.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Welcome to the New Doormat
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2016, 07:25:45 PM »
So much delicious food!  And welcome, Heather2! ^.^

Offline Oceane

« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2016, 08:11:56 PM »
Hello! :)  Everyone is so friendly here! Yay!

It's just about dinner time after seeing all these posts with pictures of food.  Unfortunately it rained all day so I was lazy and didn't get out the grocery store today. So, pancakes for dinner it is!

Offline Saku

« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2016, 08:26:16 PM »
Add some salt to it. Seriously.  O:)

Oh yes. I love salt with chocolate, makes it taste so good! Oh yeah and Salted Milk Chocolate too is also delicious, those yummy chocolate bars I forget what the company was that made that...

Offline Saku

« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2016, 08:27:27 PM »
Hello! :)  Everyone is so friendly here! Yay!
It's just about dinner time after seeing all these posts with pictures of food.  Unfortunately it rained all day so I was lazy and didn't get out the grocery store today. So, pancakes for dinner it is!

Haha yeah me too. There's such delicious food out there! Oh yeah watch MasterChef and MasterChef Junior. There are some AMAZING dishes there. Some of them are so beautiful! Get real maple syrup for your pancakes though, fake isn't as good. ^^

Offline Saku

« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2016, 08:28:06 PM »
Oh and I forgot to say hello to you too Oceane! Lol, I almost wrote Ocean xD and Heather!!! *waves*

Offline Saku

« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2016, 08:35:31 PM »
Let's feast your eyes on dessert, some fruit and a steak entree!

For dessert, let's have a strawberry jello-pudding/cake idea!

For fruit, let's have this fruit platter, full of bright colors!

For your steak entree, let's have this! Looks delicious and juicy, doesn't it?

ENJOY! Makes you want to eat them, doesn't it?? xDDD
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:36:43 PM by Saku »

Offline Oceane

« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2016, 08:36:29 PM »
Get real maple syrup for your pancakes though, fake isn't as good. ^^

Don't you worry your sweet little head about that, I am Canadian through and through and refuse to let anything other than amber grade, Canadian maple syrup into my house. 

Thank you for the welcome! :)

Offline Saku

« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2016, 08:38:26 PM »
Mmmm, I used to live in Vermont at one point in my life and we used to gather maple syrup sap from the trees. Unfortunately, we never made maple sugar candy but we did everything else! I went to Canada once too, but only once and that was on an ROTC trip back in college. ^^

EDIT: Oh and I remember what brand it was the salted chocolate stuff! It was Stewarts brand. Salted Caramel chocolate.

Offline Oceane

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2016, 08:48:54 PM »
I spent a couple years living on the border between Quebec and Ontario and making family treks to a local sugar shack was what I lived for.  Any community event held in the winter was accompanied by sticking a popsicle stick into a sticky, steaming strip of boiled maple syrup nestled in a trough of snow.  Mmmm... I'm totally salivating now.

Offline Heather2

« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »
Oh dear, now you made me hungry Kira -stares at screen- If only I could just grab those food from my monitor I'd totally do it! lol

Oh and hi Oceane! I hope you're enjoying yourself like I am ^_^

Offline Oceane

« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »
Hey, Heather!  Definitely enjoying myself so far!  Kind of sad I'll be pulled away for a while tonight to get my kids into bed.  Best.Parent.Ever.

Online RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • As reason clouds my eyes with splendor fading
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2016, 05:49:48 AM »
Steak in the Doormat!?! *inner carnivore swoons with delight*  Thank you Saku  ;D

It's great to see so many of you in here.  I hope that Friday treats you well!

Online Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2016, 07:50:28 AM »
Happy Friday everyone! :-)

Offline Saku

« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2016, 08:12:45 AM »
I spent a couple years living on the border between Quebec and Ontario and making family treks to a local sugar shack was what I lived for.  Any community event held in the winter was accompanied by sticking a popsicle stick into a sticky, steaming strip of boiled maple syrup nestled in a trough of snow.  Mmmm... I'm totally salivating now.

Mmm, that sounds delicious, I'm a sweetaholic haha!

Oh dear, now you made me hungry Kira -stares at screen- If only I could just grab those food from my monitor I'd totally do it! lol
Oh and hi Oceane! I hope you're enjoying yourself like I am ^_^

Yes! Me too! I see so many delicious looking food items on cooking competition shows and I'm like I want that to come to life through my screen if I press a button on a remote. Or click with my mouse.

Steak in the Doormat!?! *inner carnivore swoons with delight*  Thank you Saku  ;D
It's great to see so many of you in here.  I hope that Friday treats you well!

Glad you liked the steak xD it did look delicious didn't it? And yes, delicious is one of my favorite words! As for Friday, I bet lots of people who work are looking forward to this day, unless you work on the weekend too.

Offline Oceane

« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2016, 11:01:58 AM »
Friday is indeed a great day!  Keeping with recent themes, what is everyone cooking for dinner tonight? Or plan on cooking for the weekend?

I took a pork roast out of the freezer to do sometime this weekend. I'm contemplating throwing it a water bath with my precision cooker and doing it sous vide, but I've never attempted it with a pork roast.   I'm also throwing around the idea of whipping up a batch of pizza dough to use at some point over the weekend. Tonight is going to be a bbq night as there's finally no rain in the forecast! Marinated chicken thighs and grilled peppers!

Offline Dark Despairs

« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2016, 01:00:45 PM »
So, what's the next plan in taking over the world? Fattening people up isn't going to work. I was thinking of something dealing with puppies or liger cubs. No idea is too stupid, so let the ideas pour in.

Offline Dreaming of Reality

« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2016, 02:00:33 PM »
Oh. My. God.
I want to try that so badly but I don't know a place that sells things that look like that!!

I wish I knew a place that sold something so delectable as that. Just looked up desserts with strawberries because I am a sucker for a good strawberry.

Offline limpkin

Re: new thread---newbie experience
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2016, 07:59:22 PM »
So, I just applied to become a member here, and had a very interesting flashback to an earlier point in my life. This vetting process is welcome, but it has had an unnerving effect on me, til I realized why.

Recently I agreed to go to my High School's reunion (gee, do I HAVE to tell you which one? Gives me away :).  I was such an introvert and unsure of myself back then, yet had a desperate need to fit in somewhere. I was spending my time seated with the outcasts, those of no real social standing within the terms of the hierarchy established of: jocks and cheerleaders, then the snarky achievers and last the geeks. I operated at the borders of all, but at no point was accepted in any. I bemoaned the fact of my exclusion until one day I said to hell with it, sequestered myself in my family's den, and began to paint. This was the start of my painting career. I gave up on hoping for acceptance, looked inward and found something there I hadn't known could be focused in that way.

So, here I am, wanting connection, waiting for an unknown group of people to judge whether I am acceptable, triggering this old, historic feeling, knowing that the only acceptance needed was my own....ahh there's the rub, ain't it?

I'm an artist, a musician, songwriter. I have a wild and indulgent imagination! :)

I look forward to making connections here.

Offline Dark Despairs

« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2016, 09:03:21 PM »
Hello new faces, welcome to E. If you need help with anything regarding the site or have computer problems, let me know.

Offline Oceane

« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2016, 10:49:09 PM »
Hi, limpkin! Fellow waiter here.  I feel similarly to you with feeling a little unnerved by this process but truth be told, I like feeling a little on edge and I like the idea of being judged behind the curtain.  It's a little exciting!  I hope it's something you can live with for the 72 + hours this process will take! Good luck!!

Hello also to Dark Despairs, thank you for the welcome and I appreciate the offer for assistance. :)

Offline Ambrose

« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2016, 02:28:19 AM »
Greetings one and all, you may call me Ambrose, I have returned after quite a few years, I can see so many new faces, but being away for almost a decade leaves that effect I guess.

Offline limpkin

« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2016, 05:36:50 AM »
Thanks Oceane for the sympathetic reply!

I've been looking around and have realized that this community really leans toward roleplay, something with which I have little experience. I hope I can find a niche here.

Offline Stone

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman, baby, for a buck. For a buck.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Shedding every value our mothers taught.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2016, 06:13:52 AM »
I've been looking around and have realized that this community really leans toward roleplay, something with which I have little experience. I hope I can find a niche here.

Oh, man, don't worry about that. Experience, that is. It comes with exposure. You'll get tons of that on E.

Offline Rel Mayer

« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2016, 09:53:52 AM »
* Rel Mayer waves.

Good morning, everyone!

Offline Oceane

« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »
Morning! I had the hardest time sleeping last night! This morning came too fast but with a couple tiny, smiling faces, some good music and some kitchen dancing, it's shaping up to be a nice day!! Going to have to get outside before the forecasted rain makes an appearance!