You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 21, 2016, 03:18:12 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Mythic Europe Systemless [mul]  (Read 224 times)

Offline CarlyTopic starter

Mythic Europe Systemless [mul]
« on: June 11, 2016, 09:39:00 PM »
Mythic Europe Systemless [mul]

This idea is based around a core concept of Ars Magica but this wouldn't be limited to those know Ars Magica, the basic theme is pretty easy
to understand, and it would be systemless.

For those that are not familiar with Ars Magica, it is a game based on mages running a covenant, a group of people that try and stay undercover from the church and nobles that seek or fear their power. Its set in the 11th Century Europe (Dark ages) and has fairies (including elves, dragons or dryads etc), demons, angels, mages and humans.

Players can be any of these but have to be associated with the covenant in some form. The world has regos which are places where the church or fairies or demons have more power and is basically like enchanted woods that can hinder some races or alignments but benefit others.

I was thinking of a story that mixes action/mystery/supernatural and adult themes. People can team up and go on mini adventures for the covenant
and return, and always the covenant is changing. Regos, magic and powerful creatures can explain body changes in people or other strange happenings.

Although I like more heavy themes than the next women, many plots can be separate, and what sexual aspects are included would depend on which characters are together and where they are (the storyteller can add plot hooks that should be compatible with players likes). If you want to be royalty, a mage, a demoness or a demon, or a fairy or even an angel, Ars magica is where they all meet.

Characters abilities and powers is based on the level of flaws one adopts. The more flaws and more dominate a flaw is, the more a person can be good at other things. Thus a very powerful mage (the leaders of the covenant) would have some serious flaws to compensate.

If the characters are well written then perhaps this could be interesting to people, especially those that have interests in the supernatural
or mythic Europe generally. Depending on how things turn out I was hoping for a co-gm, but am willing to try and gm this myself if there are not
too many people that branch off doing their own thing - making me need to keep track of many sub-plots.

Resolution of events would be based on plot mainly, with the abilities and powers of characters in mind.

The main issues that a covenant faces is obtaining money to run the covenant, harvesting Vim, or magical essence from magical beasts, locations/plants etc, trying to get along with nobles and entities that dominate the surrounding area, other covenants that may have issues with the current one, plagues, curses the list goes on.

Thoughts ?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:25:47 PM by Carly »

Offline TheHangedMan

• Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Mythic Europe Systemless [mul]
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:51:34 PM »
Sounds interesting to me. I'd be interested in playing as a Fae, or possibly even a minor demon of some sort.

Offline Miroque

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 12:59:30 AM »
I could throw my hat in here aswell, but as an Apprentice of House Tremere. Apprentice that has high goals, to become Quesitor for the tribunals. I know that order of Hermes is 99% fraternity, but I was thinking of Girl that has shown pretty amazing raw talent (in Creo or Muto art.. on her way to become alchemically adept in an way). Where parts of Mythic Europe you were planning to set our (spring?) covenant ?

PS: Demons are enemies of Magis.. plain and simple, as they are death to natural Vim.. sure, some more deranged magis mingle with demons.. and there are no "minor" demons.. think biblical on this one...

Offline Miroque

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 01:11:52 AM »
Is this still going to happen or not ?

Offline CarlyTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 02:58:00 AM »
I would still like to do this - but I was hoping for at least one extra person before I do - and have it a group game.

Sorry for not replying sooner - had real life take up my time.