Started by Elven Sex Goddess, June 09, 2016, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

'The Gilded Lady'

The Gilded Lady layout

Map of the Shackles

Notable Deity of the Shackles 'Besmara' - The Pirate Queen

Current Hurricane King of the council of Pirate Lords - 'Kerdak Bonefist'

Privateer captain Red Beard is looking for capable crew members.  For her caravel ship named 'the Gilded Lady'    Do you have the cojones to take on a life of skulls and shackles upon the high seas. 

For adventures that range from finding lost treasures,   ship to ship battles,  raiding port towns and such.   To revelry in a pirate port.   "Oh an of course we our a honest crew and ship." 'cough cough'  "So there be adventures of sorts that are such as carrying and transporting cargo and of course passengers.   An sometimes those passengers are special."   

Recommended guide to races and classes for the game.
Skull & Shackles characters; Characters of almost any race or class can be found in the melting pot of the Shackles, so long as they have a reason to embrace a life of piracy. In fact, the only class that is probably not a good fit for the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path is the paladin, whose alignment restriction and code of conduct are in direct opposition to the themes of piracy and plunder in this campaign. Archetypes: A number of archetypes are especially suitable for use in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path. The following archetypes from the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player’s Guide are all good choices: aquatic druid (druid); rake, swashbuckler, thug (rogue); sea singer (bard); and water elementalist (wizard). The tempest druid archetype from Pathfinder Player Companion: Inner Sea Magic is also a good fit, while Pathfinder Player Companion: Pirates of the Inner Sea offers the buccaneer (bard), corsair (fighter), freebooter (ranger), and smuggler (rogue) archetypes. From Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat, the cad (fighter), daredevil (bard), pirate (rogue), and sea reaver (barbarian) archetypes all complement the themes of this Adventure Path, as do the sea witch (witch), shark shaman (druid), and storm druid (druid) archetypes from Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic.
Bloodlines: The elemental (water) bloodline is a solid choice for a sorcerer in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, as is the aquatic bloodline or stormborn bloodline from the Advanced Player’s Guide. Domains: Clerics, druids, and inquisitors that have some connection to the sea make a perfect fit for the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path. Details on Besmara— goddess of piracy, strife, and sea monsters—can be found in Pathfinder Adventure Path #55. Good domain choices include Charm, Liberation, Luck, Travel, Trickery, Water, and Weather, and useful subdomains include Curse, Deception, Oceans, Revolution, Storms, and Thievery. In addition, druids might be interested in the aquatic terrain domain from Ultimate Magic. Favored Enemies and Terrains: Good favored enemy choices for rangers in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path include aberration, humanoid (giant), monstrous humanoid, and in particular, humanoid (human). For favored terrains, water would be the obvious choice.

Character build information
Starting character level is 3rd level.  The campaign is high fantasy 20 point buy.  Max hit points at 1st level and then half +1 + con bonus for each level afterwards.  Starting GP for everyone is 3000.    myth-weavers character sheets.

In personality of the character sheet add sexuality/

When submitting a character submit name of character link to the character sheet and also a background for the character. 

This is not first come first serve.  The game will be put in the extreme system small group games.   Through most plots and adventures will not center around sex.   It is not discouraged among the crew and while on shore.  An of course there is always the possibility of a frisky gigantic squid with tentacles lol.  XD

The ship main deck teetered towards the leeward side as the captain with all his might spun the helm wheel.  Turning the great rudder.  Sweat bore down on his brow, beading up and going into his eyes.   As he looked towards the sun and the silhouette with red sails.    Fear is in his gaze.   The black has not been shown yet.   There was no need,  the red sails already giving fear, it is the Gilded Lady.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

Oh, Angelo the Wizard is SO tempted to join. Are uh...are guns going to be allowed in this one? EDIT: And if so, what ruleset are they going to be under? The standard pathfinder or one of the variants?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Revelation

Quite interested! might make an Inquisitor or a Magus perhaps, are there any things that may be off limits?

Angie

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 09, 2016, 07:41:24 PM
Quite interested! might make an Inquisitor or a Magus perhaps, are there any things that may be off limits?

The only thing that's apparently really off limits is the Paladin, because, well, it just won't work. Otherwise, it seems to be a free for all.

Revelation

Right! I saw the recommendation guide. Paladin definitely wouldn't work no matter how much I love one. Inquisitor seems like it'd be a much more apt fit, since they're a tad more... discrete and flexible in moral codes.

Callie Del Noire

Ershin

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 09, 2016, 07:26:46 PM
Oh, Angelo the Wizard is SO tempted to join. Are uh...are guns going to be allowed in this one? EDIT: And if so, what ruleset are they going to be under? The standard pathfinder or one of the variants?

Pretty much standard  with the only real exception or inclusion is the ship to ship combat in  Skulls and Shackles guide.   

Muskets and flintlock guns yes will be allowed.    Not larger such as cannons.   For that ships will have ballista,  catapults.  An of course magic.   

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 09, 2016, 07:15:13 PM
Interested.  o_o
Quote from: Changingsaint on June 09, 2016, 07:41:24 PM
Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 09, 2016, 07:57:01 PM
could be interested.
Quote from: Ershin on June 09, 2016, 08:10:04 PM
Oooh, very tempted to apply with a Skinwalker (wereshark) Druid.

Thank you all,  I for the interest and yes the Paladin is the only one not allowed for all practical purposes of the campaign.  I looking forward to seeing what players choose to come up, already seeing some nice suggestions.   

Captain Red Beard stealing a line from Peter Quill, i.e. Starlord of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

"What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both?"

"A bit of both!"

An that will be the gist of the campaign.   O:)

Revelation

Basic ideas are a synthesist summoner since i've always wanted to try one - one who might tr t use a form more adept for water based combat, or a mostly good inquisitor who seeks to enjoy life, even if it means sometimes robbing from others. Okay, a lot of robbing and piracy - he'd sometimes put the coin to good use!  But he won't bat an eye at the more illegal acts of piracy.

Angie

Angelo is NG himself, but he seeks a lot of answers for questions from his past, so being somewhat unlawful is actually in his best interest. Is Iomedae a deity that's worshipped in this setting, or are we really far removed from base Pathfinder?

Revelation

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 09, 2016, 09:26:19 PM
Angelo is NG himself, but he seeks a lot of answers for questions from his past, so being somewhat unlawful is actually in his best interest. Is Iomedae a deity that's worshipped in this setting, or are we really far removed from base Pathfinder?

I'm looking to to NG or CG myself. More good than not, but piracy isn't exactly the business for pure heroes.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 09, 2016, 09:26:19 PM

To answer you question.   Not likely,  your character would be like a  solitaire figure of worship within the Shackles.

The prominent religions;  Besmara, Calistria, Cayden Cailean, Gozreh, Norgorber, Pharasma   That have open worship and abound. 

To help a bit here is the Pathfinder Wiki page for the Shackles

Revelation

If I go inquisitor it will be a follower of Cayden, Calistria, or Besmara, those three seem the most likely to have 'good' followers, and an inquisitor of any of the three seems like a potentially fun character to play.

Angie

I chose the wrong words, I guess I was wondering if Iomedae was around or not. Worship isn't important to him, he venerates most deities himself, just if she was around-his bloodline has a lot of celestial stuff in it, but the blood is very, very, VERY thin when it gets to his place on the family tree.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 09, 2016, 10:28:13 PM
If I go inquisitor it will be a follower of Cayden, Calistria, or Besmara, those three seem the most likely to have 'good' followers, and an inquisitor of any of the three seems like a potentially fun character to play.

Yes I am in agreement.  A lot of fun potentially to be had. 

Revelation

I'm kind of leaning towards Cayden. Idea is a mostly good natured man who enjoys his drink, his women, and freedom for others. A man who enjoys the freedom that the sea brings, but will fight to defend that freedom for others as well, and will show a rather dedicated zeal in protecting the lifestyle of his friends and himself - though he would try to err pirates towards less noble targets. he hardly minds the piracy life, but isn't quite the type to raid people who don't deserve it or who can't fight back. He just wants to have a good time, fuck a lot of women or at least one really good woman for a longer relationship, and sees life as an adventure to enjoy.

Angie

Well hell, technically, plenty of pirates of history could be Lawful Neutral. Most pirates came from two sources: Legitimate mercenaries given letters of marque to hunt enemy ships for a specific country (like the English crown hiring pirates to take on Spanish merchant ships) or military ships that got fed up with not being paid and decided to take it themselves. Nothing says we can't be bounty hunters or privateers (the first thing I mentioned), though the occasional illegal target will make us very rich indeed...

Revelation

that's true! but there are not many lawful pirate gods and most need to be in one step or so abouts of their deity. :P And I usually play lawful or lawful leaning characters, so getting to slack off on that a little. My inquisitor would much prefer the bounty hunting and privateering life himself though. And yeah, a privateer was often a pirate, what exactly he was just depended on who he was working for.

Angie

Since I'm getting down to brass tacks, ESG, what XP speed are we using? Slow, medium, Fast?

ArinTalis

I'm definitely interested, and would like to submit a character. (Umika, wandering ronin turned pirate in theme, Swashbuckler in class, because it beats the alternatives. XD) I've completed a sheet on the dreamweaver app that was linked, but I can't seem to figure out how to share it with someone on these boards. ;) Help me out?

*Minor edits made for clarity.

Angie

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=840705

Currently, gear is not purchased as I need to await ESG so I can flood her inbox with questions. However, this is the basics. And he's going Air, because oh my god, that's hilarious.

Also Arin, i think you can just do what I do and link the URL.

Angelo's History
The blood of Iomedae is all but spent. Or at least, that's what Angelo's mother, the great Aasimar Paladin known as Catarina the Serene believed. She had married a fellow Aasimar she met in her youthful adventures, and settled down in the western lands of Garund, opening a tavern to provide ale and rumors to wandering adventurers, just like she used to be. Angelo exhibited no traits of celestial inheritence, leading his parents to believe the blood line ended with them. They did not mind, as it meant Angelo would be able to have a normal life, away from the sheltered upbringings they had both had.

Angelo was a natural jokester growing up, not helped at all when he discovered his small aptitude for magic. Master wizards to tutor a young son who shows a talent are difficult to come by in Garund, but one did happen to come to The Light's Dawn Inn. A deal was struck-free room and board for the wizard in exchange for tutelage. The old, wizened master attempted to stifle Angelo's learning in order to draw out the length of this deal, but Angelo possessed a natural knack and learned much faster then the average student would. Tensions flared between the old master and Catarina, as Catarina noticed the intentional limiting of Angelo's training. This eventually resulted in Catarina kicking the master out-at the point of her old, heavily enchanted greatsword. By that point, Angelo was skilled enough to call himself a Journeyman in the ways of magic.

Young Angelo had a love for the air, and also for the thunderstorms that the air sent his way. If he could harness that power...well, he did. He dedicated himself to Air magic, learning to throw bolts of lightning and manipulate the air around him. Electrical tricks are great at parties, he found, as he was able to charm lads and ladies alike with his magical powers. His mother might not approve of his particular proclivities, but she respected the boy enough to not argue with him-and besides, he acted like a gentleman, playing the natural charmer who didn't always get the girl or guy, but was at least nice enough to wish them well if they slipped from his grasp.

His life might have gone by as just a young magician living in an inn, if one day, he had not returned from the town shop to find a horrifying scene-the inside of the Light's Dawn covered in blood. On the wall behind the bar was a message burned into the wood: "DEATH TO PAGAN GODS!" One man was found cowering in the basement, and when Angelo interrogated him, he discovered that a group of suspicious characters, dressed as pirates, visited the tavern, and fighting started while Angelo was away.

Angelo does not know if his parents survived, as he found no bodies at the scene. Nor did he find the pirates. But he has come west to The Shackles proper, rather then being near the outskirts, and signed on with the Gilded Lady, hoping to find answers-where are his parents? Who was stupid enough to attack them?

He will admit, however...the pirate life? It suits him, at least a little bit. As for why he chose the Gilded Lady over all others? He thinks the captain is incredibly beautiful and has the hots for her, simple as that.

Sort of an early draft, see how things go.

Revelation

Gabriel Hunter

Like Ang,I am unsure as to our wealth so I have not bought items yet.

History
The average follower of Cayden Cailean is seen as something of a drunk, a fool who enjoys adventure and drinking, women (or men) and the more decadent things in life. Oh, Gabriel wished things were that simple for him. To be someone who could always enjoy drinking and revelry would be a boon... And yet he finds purpose in his life as an inquisitor to the so called Accidental God. Gabriel was born in Port Peril to simple dockworkers, and his beginnings were humble. He was strong, perceptive – and while he tended to enjoy helping his parents, there was always something burning in him. A desire for more, a desire for the world at large. It was always stoked but never truly fanned, and while he devoured books when he could, he knew that they did nothing compared to the chance to really explore the seas and do what he wished upon a ship.

Most of his early life, he had to be content with just listening to the shiphands and the drunks as he worked at the docks, overhearing them or slacking off and paying some of the more scarred sailors copper or silver for stories. Of course as he grew older he matured out, muscles developed from hard work and he could have easily been a deck hand proper.  And eventually he was even offered such a position by a somewhat rowdy looking captain and a raucous looking crew. With common sense having partially left him, he eagerly took the chance to finally set sail and explore the seas!

It was miserable back breaking work and he was treated like shit as a new deckhand and he hated every fucking second of it. Why did he want to do this again? The pay was fucking garbage too, he felt like a fool that had been duped. Of course it was all too good to be true. That quickly tempered the young man, and while he wasn’t back at home, he had to endure the hard work and labor. Opportunity came however on a port trip to one of the shackle’s many cities, where he ducked out of his shift and sought the fastest ship to home. Salvation did not come directly – but it came nonetheless, from a more priestly man and a ragged, if determined looking crew. Still finding it hard to believe the captains story about the crew being escaped slaves looking for freedom, they were still going to Port Peril where they could start a new life... And well, it was the only ship heading home.  The work on deck was not simple still, but he was treated with more respect... And he listened in to the captain giving what amounted to sermons. To enjoy life, to help others, to enjoy the pleasures and bounties... And to fight for freedom, the good fight, against tyrants and slavers. The latter proved to be rather crucial when a slaving ship maneuvered against the ship Gabriel found himself on, and sought to take the slaves back or kill them all... And kill the rest of the crew on his ship. Truly fighting for the first time in his life, Gabriel found that the flame within himself burned bright at the thought of helping these escaped slaves, and fought with a frenzy and zeal unmatched by few. Whether by dumb luck or skill, Gabriel showed that there was a hero within him, and one that made the captain rather proud. A priest of Cayden, the elder man sought to instill Gabriel with the tenants of belief and while Gabriel is not a dedicated worshiper he finds there to be enough virtue in Cayden’s faith to hold himself to it for now.

Piracy wasn’t the most noble of pursuits, but soon enough he found himself as a glorified privateer, seeking to spread the faith in his own way, and maybe enjoy himself while he did it. Whether fighting, fucking, or drinking, Cayden offered many potential delights to assuage a doubting mind and perhaps being an accidental hero wasn’t so bad.

Chulanowa

Elven Sex Goddess

To answer some of the questions asked.

Experience trek speed.  =  Fast

Starting gold =  3000 GP

To link your sheet from Myth-Weavers  make sure it is not set on private and [url]  [/url]  Usually imputed as such [url=link]Character name[/url]