You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 03:52:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: New Fablegrove [A Noir Fairy Tale Game] .:Recruitment Thread! LGBTQA+ | Modern  (Read 9522 times)

Online Ron Don Volante

How is telecommunications and technology? Computers, cell phones, internet etc? I ask because I'm pondering a job for The Evil Queen... I was thinking she has something to do with IT/programming and she's secretly hacking computers, phones, and security cameras in Fablegrove with the help of a Siri-type computer program called (of course) "The Magic Mirror". Just a thought.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:37:58 AM by Ron Don Volante »

Offline la dame en noir

• A resident pansexual woman. That weird black girl. The Cosplayer and the Loud Mouth.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • "Shepard-Commander" - Legion ME2
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Everyone has cool concepts and I'm like, Tiana please lol. I want to make this character deeper.

Online November Bleeds

How is telecommunications and technology? Computers, cell phones, internet etc? I ask because I'm pondering a job for The Evil Queen... I was thinking she has something to do with IT/programming and she's secretly hacking computers, phones, and security cameras in Fablegrove with the help of a Siri-type computer program called (of course) "The Magic Mirror". Just a thought.

We are currently working toward answering all your questions! <: Not too long from now. Tons of new information coming out today!

Everyone has cool concepts and I'm like, Tiana please lol. I want to make this character deeper.

I know dem feels! I'm sure you'll come up with something great ^^

This scenario sounds pretty awesome. May I claim The Mad Hatter?

You most certainly can! We will be able to reserve characters very soon for each of you~

Hmmm... I have an idea for Goldilocks if she's still up for grabs.

I do believe Goldilocks is currently available!

I am thinking Pied Piper could be fun.

I can't believe I didn't think of them when we were coming up with the scenario!

Online Ron Don Volante

*puts 'watching Princess And The Frog' on his weekend to-do list*

Offline Emjay

@Emjay & Kokaine: Awesome! That sounds great, glad to have you both!

Thank you! I'm excited to write in this darker fairy tale world.

Offline la dame en noir

• A resident pansexual woman. That weird black girl. The Cosplayer and the Loud Mouth.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Reminds me a little bit of The Wolf Amongst Us

Online Ron Don Volante

Has anyone read Fables? Wolf Among Us was the prequel to the series which just finished this past year. One of the greatest comics I've ever read....and that's saying something.

Online November Bleeds

Absolutely love The Wolf Among Us! Back when it first came out I read into the Fables comic lore and backstory because I was so invested. I've only heard amazing things about the comic and will definitely read it one day.

Offline lore

As a huge WOlf Among Us fan, colour me interested.

I'd love to bring in Snow White: An ambitious, altruistic woman interested in carving out a reputation based on more than her complexion. 

Offline la dame en noir

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
I own the Fables comics :3 it's amazing.

Offline Crash

Never heard of it.  Not a big comic book fan though.

Offline la dame en noir

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Ever heard of The Wolf Among Us? It's a telltale game based off of a few of the characters from the Fables comics.

Offline Dashou

Can't wait to mess around as Sleeping Beauty! ;D

Offline lore

Is there any class hierarchy?

Ex: those who originated as animal fables are thought of as being beneath humans, those who were ogres, trolls, monsters even more so?

Online November Bleeds

Is there any class hierarchy?

Ex: those who originated as animal fables are thought of as being beneath humans, those who were ogres, trolls, monsters even more so?

Good question!

Personally, I think it would depend on the character's perspective/views on said matters. I wouldn't doubt that some characters may think that way though. I wouldn't assume that most think this way though.

Offline lore

Mhm. Wasn't thinking of anything official - just the kind of ugly prejudice that seeps through the cracks from time to time.

Online Ron Don Volante

Mhm. Wasn't thinking of anything official - just the kind of ugly prejudice that seeps through the cracks from time to time.
Oh more chances to be evil. I love it!

Online BlissyTopic starter

• ~ Miss Hench-Wench | Miss Tragedy | The Word-Play Enchantress | Princess Loony-Loon | Lost somewhere in Wonderland | Beware.. Im Hardly Gentle..
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • ~The girl dressed in black~
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 5
Oh more chances to be evil. I love it!

You are free to do what you will with it! You may make your character as prejudice as you like. :-X

Also, more information going up in the first two posts momentarily!

Feel free to peak over there.

Offline lore

I have this desire for Prince Charming to be a skeezy, manipulative douchebag who conned his way into office with a smile and excellent haircut.

Online November Bleeds

So after a long discussion about it...! We also added this to the FAQ's!

While it does exist in Fablegrove, it's not quite up to par with the extent of modern technology. We'd prefer to go for a more noir setting in terms of technology. Cellphones wouldn't be a big thing yet and computers would exist, though be very retro in nature. Were looking for an early nineties-ish feel technology and it's inclusion in Fablegrove. Typewriters, scribes, tabloids, paper are much more viable means of communication, as is mail for communicating over long distances. Landlines would certainly be persist and the most common means of telecommunication.

Online Ron Don Volante

Very cool! I have some other ideas I've been playing around with but this is great info! :D

Offline Kokaine

• Pillow Tamer & Keeper of the Chains | One helluva drug...
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • ...and thus Beauty shall claim her wicked Beast...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Im aiming for Gretel to be a gritty Private Investigator or some such thing so the tech level fits for sure xD

Online November Bleeds

Im aiming for Gretel to be a gritty Private Investigator or some such thing so the tech level fits for sure xD

If you do, let me know! Because my character (The Wolf) is actually Director of Investigations! :D

@Everyone: We are reserving characters for each of you right now! If you change your character choice, just let us know and we'll make the necessary adjustments.

Character profile layout is being added momentarily! (:

Online BlissyTopic starter

• ~ Miss Hench-Wench | Miss Tragedy | The Word-Play Enchantress | Princess Loony-Loon | Lost somewhere in Wonderland | Beware.. Im Hardly Gentle..
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • ~The girl dressed in black~
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 5
Hello everyone!

Just letting you all know we've updated the first two posts of the thread drastically as of today.

Please peak over the new information that has been added.

Also, the profile layout is now up and you may start working on your character templates to submit to both myself and November Bleeds.

We look forward to reading about your characters and the unique stories you may give them. ;D

Offline lore

Is Prince Charming Cinderella's prince?