Werewolf 3; VILLAGERS WIN!!

Started by Galactic Druid, May 29, 2016, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

I don't know who the Priest is. I have spoken to people who claim to be speaking with them.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Intimate Ink

I generally expect special roles to ‘hide’ behind a trusted other, and have that other speak for them.  It makes sense because the specials are prime targets. 

I am less sure why a priest would hide behind two layers of protection, though, especially when once they used their power they would be like any other villager?

I’d be more than a little suspicious of my information source if I were you, Saffron.  I’m not saying it is wrong, and I’d LOVE it if the priest found a way to communicate with us that was safe for them, but the circumstances surrounding it feel off.

Autumn Sativus

I don't know if it's right or wrong right now. I don't think the Priest has any reason to come forward until they are ready to use their ability. All I'm saying is that we at least seem to have SOMEONE claiming the role, somewhere, still alive.
Us against the world

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Saffron on June 14, 2016, 03:59:28 PM
I don't know if it's right or wrong right now. I don't think the Priest has any reason to come forward until they are ready to use their ability. All I'm saying is that we at least seem to have SOMEONE claiming the role, somewhere, still alive.

Point taken, and as mentioned above, I would definitely urge any Priest watching this NOT to come out publicly on board.  The twice-removed thing just stuck out a bit as something to be cautious of, so I felt best to mention it.

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Saffron on June 14, 2016, 03:01:26 PM
If the Priest is going to out themselves today regardless and use their ability, they should do so and make sure the vote swings the way of the person they want to use their ability on.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Intimate Ink on June 14, 2016, 04:04:12 PM
Point taken, and as mentioned above, I would definitely urge any Priest watching this NOT to come out publicly on board.  The twice-removed thing just stuck out a bit as something to be cautious of, so I felt best to mention it.

Clarification:  Unless the priest is definitely using their power today, in which case that could be some powerful vetting. 

Otherwise:  Oh, Priest, if there is a priest: if you aren't using your power today, please don't come out public on board.

Remiel

Maybe RPGuy can clarify, but I don't think the Priest gives themself away by using their ability.

We just get a a message that says, "X was doused by holy water and is revealed to be innocent/werewolf", etc.

yugi006

The priest power is used during the day phase so I believe that person has to reveal that they are the priest. It is like how Persephone came out and saved me from being lynched in VtM. If you want to use the priest power why wouldn't you reveal yourself? If you do you can work together with the vetted person. Everyone else will know those two are innocent.

Seranova

Persephone should have never been revealed in that game. It's a huge shift in balance to have 2 absolutely confirmed villagers in one action.
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Derwaysh

Quote from: yugi006 on June 14, 2016, 05:46:08 PM
If you want to use the priest power why wouldn't you reveal yourself?

Sadly it paints a hornet's nest size target at the back of your head. Not a big one, though. Just a hornet's nest size. A medium one.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

yugi006

Quote from: Seranova on June 14, 2016, 05:50:59 PM
Persephone should have never been revealed in that game. It's a huge shift in balance to have 2 absolutely confirmed villagers in one action.

But I believe you have to reveal yourself though. If this were a real life game how would you do it then?

Intimate Ink

In my experience in Mafia/Werewolf, a Priest is not revealed through the use of their power.  It creates a huge power-shift since it can leave two separate ' perfectly vetted' characters.  That is HUGE in these games. In 'in person' games that communication is worked out between the GM and the Priest privately.  It makes the power much more intense than originally intended. 

A Priest MAY step forward at some point, obviously, and say that they are going to use their power if there is no 'no special role reveal' rule in the game.  (Something I don't see much of on Elliquiy.)  That is not true vetting, though, because anyone can step forward and say that they are the priest and doing x, y, or z.  It could be the truth, it could be a lie.  The players have to decide.

yugi006

I was under the assumption the priest had to reveal themselves like the previous game to use their power which is why I didn't want the power used on me.

I'll wait for clarification before saying anything more on it.

Intimate Ink

(Ooops, I thought I WAS in the OOC thread.  Thank you Remi. :P  )

SunshineSparkle

It's complicated to choose between equally suspicious people. For now Yugi gets the vote.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Galactic Druid

Voting is done! I'll answer questions and post results when I get home!

Edit: the fuck is wrong with my phone sometimes?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Once again, the village reached a consensus. This time,yugi was drug up to the gallows. Even worse for yugi, no one stepped forward in an effort to defend him. The priest, whoever they may have been, remained silent. While the crowd called for the blood of a wolf, once again, it didn't seem like it was meant to be. Yugi's corpse hung from the rope, unchanging. It appeared that, once again, they had killed a villager. Worse still, as cries went out through the crowd, it became apparent there was another one missing. Search as they may, EmyKat was nowhere to be found. It appeared that she had fled the village. There was little left to go on, but for the best of their ability, it appeared that she had been another villager.

Lynching Votes

Yugi - 7 Seranova, Mintprincess, Derwaysh, Madame Professor, Intimate Ink, NightOwl, Sunshine Sparkle

Saffron - 4 Rel Mayer, KatKwik, Christa, Deamonbane

Esoteric Myobi - 2 Remiel, Aiden

Mintprincess - 1 Saffron

Aiden - 1 Esoteric Myobi

KatKwik - 1 Yugi

Did not Vote: EmyKat

Galactic Druid

The Night Phase Has Begun, and Night PMs Are Out!

PMing is allowed, as it always is, but please refrain from posts in this thread until the following day phase. The OOC is always open, remember!

Galactic Druid

Another night, another murder. The next morning, the village woke to find they were missing another one of the their own. This time, Christa disappeared during the night, leaving behind nothing but a bloody room, and simple effects suggesting she was yet another villager. With three gone in a day, the village was noticeably shaken. If they wanted to save themselves, they'd have to work harder than ever.

The Fifth Day Phase has begun!

Christa was killed during the night! She appears to be a villager!

Just like before, players will be casting votes. This time, however, the 'winner' is headed to the gallows, and will be eliminated from the game. All players are required to vote, and no lynching is no longer an option! As before, please put all your votes in bold. Multiple posts, vote changing, and role playing is welcome as always, though please do not edit your posts. If you want to change your vote, please do so in a new post. The next day phase will end Saturday, the 18th, at 10PM.

Players

Players

1. Rel Mayer
2. Seranova
3. Mintprincess
4. yugi006 Deceased!
5. Remiel
6. Madame Professor
7. SunshineSparkle
8. Intimate Ink
9. Verasaille Deceased!
10. KatKwik
11. Ceralilly Deceased!
12. Christa Deceased
13. Aiden
14. AmberStarfire Deceased!
15. EmyKat Fled the village!
16. Saffron
17. Deamonbane
18. Derwaysh
19. Esoteric Myobi
20. NightOwl35

Roles in play At the beginning

Alpha Wolf+, Wolfman, Werewolves X2, Seer, Bodyguard, Witch, Healer, Priest, Lycan, Villagers X10

Autumn Sativus

1. Rel Mayer
2. Seranova
3. Mintprincess
5. Remiel
6. Madame Professor
13. Aiden
16. Saffron!
18. Derwaysh
19. Esoteric Myobi
20. NightOwl35
----
7. SunshineSparkle
8. Intimate Ink
10. KatKwik
17. Deamonbane

Well... this list sure is getting small.

I'm not so sure your idea of who we can trust is correct Sera. :-\
Us against the world

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Saffron on June 15, 2016, 10:55:37 PM
1. Rel Mayer
2. Seranova
3. Mintprincess
5. Remiel
6. Madame Professor
13. Aiden
16. Saffron!
18. Derwaysh
19. Esoteric Myobi
20. NightOwl35
----
7. SunshineSparkle
8. Intimate Ink
10. KatKwik
17. Deamonbane

Well... this list sure is getting small.

I'm not so sure your idea of who we can trust is correct Sera. :-\

Interesting how even though Seranova didn't put your name on his original list, you keep posting yours with it firmly on there.  Just saying.

Seranova

Hers and Myobi's were not on my original list.
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Autumn Sativus

Obviously. This is MY list. ::)
Us against the world

Intimate Ink