Classic Werewolves OOC

Started by Galactic Druid, May 26, 2016, 10:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madame Professor

Quote from: James Moriarty on June 06, 2016, 11:47:28 PM
I'll hang out here!  And uhm, games!  Which games?  I'm a patient lad.  I like werewolves!

Good to see ya about, Professor!!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

yugi006

I don't know if this could handle two awesome Professors. ;}

James Moriarty

I dare say it would be over nine thousand.

Verasaille

If I remember correctly, James can be rather sneaking and conniving as well!! He will fit right in!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Remiel

I still remember the Romeo and Juliet game.  James Moriarty was a class act.

Autumn Sativus

JM is as devious as his name implies. :P
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Remiel

Those who underestimate him do so at their peril!

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: James Moriarty on June 06, 2016, 11:47:28 PM
I'll hang out here!  And uhm, games!  Which games?  I'm a patient lad.  I like werewolves!
I realize that I haven't run a Miller's Hollow since 2012 at this point, and I promise you I will rectify that. :o
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

I was actually thinking of something since you suggested we might co-GM a game. I remember a really fun MH game in which you had events like one that made it so players could only post and PM in limerick and other such stuff. I'd love to draft out something like that with you.

I also had a though, about RP, and it wouldn't hurt to get player's opinions on this one. In a few games, I've seen a shift towards avoiding RP in games for fear of having their posts read into, such as "Remi posted that he's the village blacksmith. Clearly he's hinting at being the bodyguard if he needs all that armor.", etc. I thought a way to encourage RP and alleviate the reading in factor might be to assign players both a game role and a story role, such as baker, smith, nun, etc. Knowing everybody had an assigned 'job' in the village may help with that...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Autumn Sativus

I was planning events and stuff for sure, we just haven't gotten far enough to discussing that. LOL

Interesting concept but I wonder if just allowing players to make their claim to such roles before the game starts would be just as effective? If you decided you were the blacksmith before you got your role, of course it has nothing to do with being the bodyguard, right?

ShowerThoughts: What if the first day of play, no roles went out at all....
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

Ohhh, good idea. We could have a list of available story roles for players to pick from before the gameplay ones are ever passed out! Players could make up their own too, I imagine, as long as they pick something to commit to before the game starts, so they can't be accused of signaling with their selection.

Verasaille

Saffron!! That would be almost as mean as making everyone villagers or everyone wolves!! Can you imagine the chaos?

I like the idea of preset roles. I also like to pick a theme, like Wild West, Sci Fi or Steam punk!!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Autumn Sativus

My games generally play out with the sherriff vote happening BEFORE the roles are sent out anyway. It's definitely... different... than what Guy's got going here now. :P
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

Verasaille

I think we could do that, maybe a bit of rp to start with and start some kind of theme?

Galactic Druid

You'd definitely need the theme established before the roleplaying, I imagine. Otherwise what are you going to roleplay?

Autumn Sativus

I approach these games with a role anyway. We've been given our roles to play - villager, or whatever you might be. For most the goal is to appear to be a villager anyway. Have fun with it. YOU the person aren't a villager in Werewolf town, play the crazy you who is! Werewolves are a theme just as much as anything else, they're just a more plain lifestyle theme.

Anyway there will definitely be good theme established for a game like that, no worries. :3
Us against the world

yugi006

Quote from: Saffron on June 07, 2016, 01:20:48 AM
I was planning events and stuff for sure, we just haven't gotten far enough to discussing that. LOL

Interesting concept but I wonder if just allowing players to make their claim to such roles before the game starts would be just as effective? If you decided you were the blacksmith before you got your role, of course it has nothing to do with being the bodyguard, right?

ShowerThoughts: What if the first day of play, no roles went out at all....

That would be fun with the delay in roles being sent out.

Derwaysh

If any of this ever materializes please give yours truly a poke! I do enjoy a bit of rp element. ;D
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Verasaille on June 07, 2016, 01:29:24 AM
Saffron!! That would be almost as mean as making everyone villagers or everyone wolves!! Can you imagine the chaos?

I like the idea of preset roles. I also like to pick a theme, like Wild West, Sci Fi or Steam punk!!

That's a mighty fine idea, little lady.

James Moriarty

I'm certain that the Arizona heat has dulled my deviousness considerably, and that now you can all trust me to be above-board and painfully honest at all times.

No, really.

And wow, the ideas coming through here are just wonderful.  I'm excited to finally have time to play again!

AmberStarfire

Hairy was telling me about an idea for a Legend of the Five Rings Mafia-style game. Basically the setting from the RPG, which is kind of feudal Japanese-ish (especially samurai) fantasy with supernatural elements, only Mafia. He doesn't have time to run it but it sounded pretty cool the way he described it to me.

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: James Moriarty on June 07, 2016, 09:50:39 AM
I'm certain that the Arizona heat has dulled my deviousness considerably, and that now you can all trust me to be above-board and painfully honest at all times.

No, really.

It hasn't dulled your sense of humor at all I see! ;D
Us against the world

Madame Professor

Quote from: James Moriarty on June 07, 2016, 09:50:39 AM

No, really.

Already the deception begins!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Verasaille

No hurry, but are we waiting for something or are you letting the timer go the whole 24 hours before daylight, Guy?

I will be gone this afternoon to celebrate my birthday. Don't get too carried away with the discussions ...oh well...HAVE fun I will catch up later!!