You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 08:20:22 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Email alerts not coming through  (Read 824 times)

Offline LynnetteTopic starter

Email alerts not coming through
« on: May 25, 2016, 04:42:11 PM »
Hiya ^^

So, as it would seem, my email alerts stopped working earlier today. I went in and checked, and the auto-fill settings for Safari had overwritten my email address in my account settings, so I deleted the auto-fill settings and filled in my email again, and it's now filled correctly. I went over my email-settings again to make sure everything looked alright, and to my eyes at least, it should be ok now, but email alerts are not coming through despite this. I swapped my email-settings around 20 minutes ago, is there possibly a delay?

Thanks in advance ^^

Online Dim Hon

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The Aforementioned Darkness
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
Re: Email alerts not coming through
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 04:49:58 PM »
Hmmm, I don't have any bounces from your address, so they aren't being spat back at us. It might just be a delay on Hotmail's side. I'll keep an eye on it, but would you let me know if they appear?

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 04:53:01 PM »
Hmmm, I don't have any bounces from your address, so they aren't being spat back at us. It might just be a delay on Hotmail's side. I'll keep an eye on it, but would you let me know if they appear?

Possibly, I'll let you know if something changes, yeah ^^ Are there return messages from the time-room between around... 14:00 to 21:00, GMT? It should be somewhere between that that it changed, going by the looks of things.

Online Dim Hon

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 04:55:43 PM »
I'll have a dig, but nothing is jumping out at me. Double check for me that your email is typed in correctly while I have a poke at the webmaster

Online Raziel

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 05:00:22 PM »
I'm getting sporadic ones on my end, hotmail account too. Yesterday and earlier today I was getting all of them, over the last hour or two I get what seems like 1 notification for every 5 or 10 PM's.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 05:00:40 PM »
I'll have a dig, but nothing is jumping out at me. Double check for me that your email is typed in correctly while I have a poke at the webmaster

Looked over all my account settings, I can't seem to find any problems anywhere, typed in my email over again just to be sure, it should be correct, unless there is another field for email-addresses hidden away somewhere? The only one I found is under Account Settings.

Online Dim Hon

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 05:17:52 PM »
There's only the one email field, more than that would be too confusing. I didn't see anything really weird in the webmaster so I'll ask Veks if there's something up. Thanks for letting us know about this, both of you <3

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 05:30:32 PM »
Have you checked your Spam folder?  I had to set a filter on my email to keep some of my notifications from going to Spam on arrival.  Just a suggestion. :-)

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 05:34:34 PM »
Have you checked your Spam folder?  I had to set a filter on my email to keep some of my notifications from going to Spam on arrival.  Just a suggestion. :-)

Yes, I've checked, thank you for the suggestion though ^^

Online Dwarfvader

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 05:39:12 PM »
Same thing is happening to me to. Hotmail as well.

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
That was very weird, I just received an alert, but it was specifically a topic merge. However, I know there are a couple other things I should have received alerts for that have not arrived, so we know my email is correct at least now, but my email alerts are still not popping up. I'll look over my notifications settings again, but it should all be correct.

EDIT:

And now at 00:53 (Paris/Amsterdam time), an email alert regarding a PM I sent about an hour and a half ago popped up in my mailbox, something seems to be really off, we'll see overnight though.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:01:20 PM by Lynnette »

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 06:35:34 PM »
Hotmail is currently putting us on a serious greylist.

I have contacted the JMRP department directly (I have an account with them). Hopefully will get to the bottom of this, but it may take a few days.

Online Raziel

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
Well I just got all the ones I didn't get earlier delivered to my hotmail in one swoop, all 25 of them :P

Online Dwarfvader

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 12:10:04 AM »
Seems to be fixed on my end.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 01:33:29 AM »
It appears to be fixed on my end as well, thanks Veks ^^

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 01:50:14 AM »
Might want to make sure that Elliquiy is on your 'whitelist' - set up a filter so that anything from @elliquiy.com never goes to the Spam folder.  This helps keep us off those grey-lists.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 10:41:43 PM »
No response, but then again they are Hotmail. At the absolute best they tend to be very terse.