~ The Banner Saga: Ragnarök for Two ~ [M x F -- or M x M]

Started by Blythe, May 11, 2016, 02:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Well, so you've clicked upon my idea. Firstly, let me state that you'll need to be familiar with the videogame The Banner Saga, at least in some regard. Spoilers for the plot of Banner Saga 1 are in this thread! Ideally, you're like me and a fan. Secondly, I'd like to play a varl (so therefore male), but I'm fine with whatever gender character you'd like to play. I don't care about the actual gender of my co-writers, so Lords, Ladies, and Lieges are all welcome. Now that we have the nitty-gritty out of the way, you must be wondering what I want to play!

I'd like to have a roleplay where our two characters endure their own journey as the world is ending. Perhaps they'll encounter the main characters from the videogames, perhaps not. Perhaps they'll just hear rumors! Or perhaps our characters will be present during important events, like the fall of Einartoft or the battle of Boersgard. I'd also love it if, perhaps, our character might briefly be at Ridgehorn or are acquainted with Juno or Eyvind. But there's no obligation to include such events; if you want to just make our own epic set in this world and leave the established Banner Saga characters out of it, I'm also okay with that.

Ultimately, our characters will be living a tale of survival and friendship as they journey through the world

I'd love to use the actual map of the game world to determine the direction of their journey. We don't have to try to portray each place the way it canonically appears in the game, either. Perhaps there might be struggles as our two characters encounter bandits, mercenaries, or dredge they've never seen....or worse! I'd love to incorporate magic or build on the lore of the Gods of the setting, too. Bonus points if you've played Banner Saga 2 and want to include some Horseborn NPCs.

Sexual content, you ask? Well, there doesn't have to be any, unless you particularly want there to be. I'm fine with a MxF or MxM pairing, provided your character likes varl (and all the associated size challenges of varl). But I'd ideally like this to be a Light game with consensual activity. No bondage, NC, or EX content. Slower posters preferred, but if you're okay with shorter posts, I can post faster!

Anyways, because this is such a specific idea, I'm not sure it'll get any bites at all, but if you read this far, thank you! Please PM me if you are interested in this idea, and take a gander at my O/Os if you have time, which are linked in my signature.

Blythe

Looks like I'm bumping this one! Currently looking for this.  :-)

As a note, I think I'd be willing to do an AU of the Banner Saga with the canon cast of characters. In that advent, I suppose I might be willing to play one of the canonical varl. I have a preference to RPing Bolverk (from Banner Saga 2), Hakon, Ivan, or Fasolt, roughly in that order.