You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 03:34:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: How To Delete Thread  (Read 323 times)

Offline DarkestDesiresTopic starter

How To Delete Thread
« on: May 01, 2016, 08:06:31 PM »
Hello everyone! I was curious who I needed to contact in order to have a thread removed. Thank you!

Offline The Dark Raven

Re: How To Delete Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:09:52 PM »
I don't think that is something that is just let it roll into oblivion.

Offline MagicalPen

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »
Staff can do it, but I think they prefer to lock a thread over deleting it.

Offline AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Fantasy Novelist ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 08:41:39 PM »
Generally it's frowned upon to delete a thread if anyone else has posted there but yourself, as I understand it. Especially if it's a story and another person has been writing in it too. Removing your own posts out of a story is also frowned upon because it screws up the story overall.

However, if I created a thread and the only one to post in it was me, I would remove it myself by using the delete button. It's not interfering with anybody else in that situation, and it's not reducing anyone else's post count to do so if the only posts there are your own.

You might want to check with a mod though rather than accepting my advice, because it may not be the official approach.

Offline Blythe

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 08:46:15 PM »
Staff generally don't delete threads; E has a non-deletion policy. There are exceptions, granted--and they'll listen to reasonable deletion requests, but you'll need to explain why you want the deletion.

If it's a thread you created that contains posts other than your own, generally Staff will lock it rather than delete it, as Staff does not like deleting other people's content, or they prefer you simply let the thread go inactive and leave it be.

You can contact anyone with an Oracle or Goddess tag to discuss or request a thread be deleted.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:47:28 PM by Blythe »