You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 08:16:36 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 18537 times)

Online Vergil TannerTopic starter

Well, controlling fire isn't the same as being immune to fire. You can control water and still die from drowning, so...how about, at the beginning of the game he has to focus on the fire to control it in a way that doesn't burn him, but as the game goes on it becomes an innate ability, like an evolution of his abilities. Similarly, is his "Chi" limited? Like, can he only use so much before he has to recharge, or is it a perpetually infinite resource? I personally would prefer it if he had a limit, y'know? Like, he gets tired or runs out of Chi if he uses it too much without rest or recharging, there is some kind of "Exhaustion" factor into it. I mean, concentrating still takes energy, right?

Offline Tokyorose627

Well, controlling fire isn't the same as being immune to fire. You can control water and still die from drowning, so...how about, at the beginning of the game he has to focus on the fire to control it in a way that doesn't burn him, but as the game goes on it becomes an innate ability, like an evolution of his abilities. Similarly, is his "Chi" limited? Like, can he only use so much before he has to recharge, or is it a perpetually infinite resource? I personally would prefer it if he had a limit, y'know? Like, he gets tired or runs out of Chi if he uses it too much without rest or recharging, there is some kind of "Exhaustion" factor into it. I mean, concentrating still takes energy, right?

I'm fine with him not being able to, like, walk through fire or anything right form the get-go. Learning it later on sounds much more plausible.

Yeah that's also fine with me that he has a exhaustion limit. He can get tired and out of breath for some parts of battles and would have to stick to regular Kung fu or karate until he recharges.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:41:06 PM by Tokyorose627 »

Online King Serperior

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • I am a Warlock on par with Magnus Bane!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
King Serperior:

The Mirror Image would indeed be a touch too powerful for the game, though "Bad Luck Aura" can be tweaked to make it acceptable. However, I'll need you to choose a power and commit to it before I start going into depth on editing it, please. Amphibious Nature isn't bad, I just need you to cut back on the sheer range of abilities he has in that case.
Okay, if I go for an edited version of the Amphibian/Reptile powers, how should I go about this so that he is sitting on the same power scale as everyone else?  I still want to go for someone who is useful on land and in the water, but I am having trouble reaching that very fine line between 'overpowered' and 'underpowered-and-useless.'

Offline MissFire

Also, if anyone wants to work on connections with Francoise, send me a PM!

Offline Amarlo

Ditto!

I am very pm friendly and totally looking for some kind of romantic-butdoesn'thavetostartoutromantic-interest for Allyk ;D

Offline Torterrable

The application process is a bit...heavy.

Which part should one do first if one wants to participate? Should I propose a concept first or try the writing prompt? The writing prompt is connected to the character, though.

I'm planning to make a valedictorian-type character whose power contradicts with his entire self image. Ideas are churning in development.

Offline MissFire

Ditto!

I am very pm friendly and totally looking for some kind of romantic-butdoesn'thavetostartoutromantic-interest for Allyk ;D

If Allyk was into ladies, Frankie would totally be down for that.

Offline Amarlo

If Allyk was into ladies, Frankie would totally be down for that.

While I think women are a work of art, I am not interested in having sex with them. However, I do plan to poke at you about other potential relationships between Frankie and Allyk eventually. ;D

Offline Tokyorose627

If anyone wants connections with my character too I'd be fine! ;A;

Don't wanna be left out.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:16:12 PM by Tokyorose627 »

Online Mael

Me too, me too!
-waves hand around-

Tokyo:

Okey dokey! If you edit those parts in, I believe he will be good to go, save any edits I think of after I've had some sleep. ;)

Twisted:

Okey dokey! the only things I can think of off the top of my head are basically Power-related stuff...so, I'd like you to go into more detail about the specific limitations and drawbacks of his power. EG, I think that maybe limiting it at solids and liquids would be an idea; all kinds of issues arise once he goes into gas form, after all. Plus, how long does he have to touch a substance to begin changing into it? Does that time decrease as he practices with each substance? And at first, does he do it involuntarily and learns to control it later on? How long does it take him to change his entire body? If he gets battered too much or too tired, does he forcibly revert to normal? Etc etc. Basically, I'd like to know the specifics of his powers, so they're all set out as Hard Limits so we have an idea what his limitations are. Please and thank you! :D
And, of course, the Writing prompt. ;)

King Serperior:

We-ell, you could always take Aquamans base power set, just toned down. He can breath underwater and swim at incredible speeds, he has low-light vision (though not COMPLETE darkness vision), his body has been altered so that it can withstand intense underwater pressures which also means that he's tougher than normal...not invulnerable, but harder to physically damage (maybe think more like Captain America than Luke Cage?), and he has slightly enhanced strength (like Cap rather than Thor). So basically, think about adaptations that would help him survive underwater that could be applied in different ways on land. Personally, if you wanted to make him as tough and strong (maybe a little less) as Captain America, able to breath underwater, see in near-darkness and swim really fast, I'd be ok with that. Half of his powers are based on specific circumstances, and half of them are basically side effects that make him not-useless, the obvious drawback being that he's not at his best on land (he can move faster in water). Maybe throw in a kind of "Has to have a bath or a swim every couple of days or he starts to dehydrate," just to balance the scales a little bit. :-)

Everybody:

And, of course, if you want connections with Dante and Grace, PM me too! :D Grace, for one, has spotted many lovely young ladies she'd like to spend time with. Dante doesn't give a shit about any of you, though. :P :P

Torterrible:

Come up with a character Bio, then do the writing prompt from their perspective. If you only have time to do one, then do the character bio first, then while we're talking about that, ,work on the Writing Prompt. I know it's a touch daunting, but it has a purpose...most of the people who are gonna flake out after a week or so didn't get to the end, for one. ;) :P

Online King Serperior

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
King Serperior:

We-ell, you could always take Aquamans base power set, just toned down. He can breath underwater and swim at incredible speeds, he has low-light vision (though not COMPLETE darkness vision), his body has been altered so that it can withstand intense underwater pressures which also means that he's tougher than normal...not invulnerable, but harder to physically damage (maybe think more like Captain America than Luke Cage?), and he has slightly enhanced strength (like Cap rather than Thor). So basically, think about adaptations that would help him survive underwater that could be applied in different ways on land. Personally, if you wanted to make him as tough and strong (maybe a little less) as Captain America, able to breath underwater, see in near-darkness and swim really fast, I'd be ok with that. Half of his powers are based on specific circumstances, and half of them are basically side effects that make him not-useless, the obvious drawback being that he's not at his best on land (he can move faster in water). Maybe throw in a kind of "Has to have a bath or a swim every couple of days or he starts to dehydrate," just to balance the scales a little bit. :-)
You know, that never occurred to me, making a kind of hybrid of the Captain and a watered down Aquaman.  Rather than having to 'take a bath to re-hydrate,' I think drinking a lot more water would be a better idea for re-hydration.  :P

So, basically his body has adapted to the equivalent of Captain America (I believe the Superpower wiki calls it 'Peak Human Condition?), give or take, due to the fact that his body needs to withstand heavy water pressures.  Perhaps he heals about 20-30% faster than normal since he is tougher, so it's not superhuman in that sense, but he is tougher.  I'll work on it tomorrow as it is rather late.  Thanks for the help!

Everybody:

And, of course, if you want connections with Dante and Grace, PM me too! :D Grace, for one, has spotted many lovely young ladies she'd like to spend time with. Dante doesn't give a shit about any of you, though. :P :P
Well, if you think Grace and/or Dante would be friends with Zeke, I would be up for discussions!

EDIT:  Zeke is also open for character connections!

Offline Torterrable

Yeah, I'm still iffy on my idea and general commitment, but thanks for the timeline.

Serperior:

I think just being more durable should do...I mean, healing faster is a bit harder to swing in regards to his amphibious nature than just being more durable. :P

Torterrible:

No problem! I hope to see something from you soon :-)

Online King Serperior

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Serperior:

I think just being more durable should do...I mean, healing faster is a bit harder to swing in regards to his amphibious nature than just being more durable. :P
Fair enough.  I'll just need to figure out what 'more durable' means in this setting (I.E. his bones are harder to break, has more stamina, better reflexes, stronger immune system, basically being about Olympic level in physicality.).  Just a shade less than the Captain himself, where Captain is a 10/10 and Zeke is a 9/10 in very rough terms.  Of course, Captain has that military training where Zeke doesn't.  :P

Honestly, I would just say that by "more durable," I mean "stronger bones and hardier skin." Nothing to do with reflexes (besides what is necessary for higher speed swimming) or stamina (just say that while swimming, the water gives him more stamina, but on land, it's just the same as a normal human), just "My body is physically harder to damage than a normal humans." Seems the simplest and most direct way of doing it, and the one that makes the most sense given the justification will be "the body has adapted to survive higher pressures." Further, I would suggest as a weakness that he has to go swimming or take a bath once every few days (being amphibious means that you survive on land and sea, yes, but you still need to go back to the water eventually) and maybe his strength makes his metabolism move faster, so he has to eat more to keep his energy up. But those are just suggestions :-)

Offline Rafiki23

• She says I'm her muse, but I'm the one inspired ~ Ceralilly's Daddy <3 ~
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • Location: The twisted spot in your heart that makes you shiver with delight...
  • Ceralilly's
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
*Peeks head in*
Hello all, this game kinda caught my eye and I was wondering if you still needed people?

Offline Tokyorose627

Tokyo:

Okey dokey! If you edit those parts in, I believe he will be good to go, save any edits I think of after I've had some sleep. ;)

Yay! Edited it!

Offline Torterrable

NAME: Darwin Han (face claim: John Cho)

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE: Asian male, a little on the thin, lean side. He's about 5'11" (about 1.8 meters) and tends to wear button down shirts with jeans. He doesn't style his hair and often forgets about it, but somehow, whenever he wakes up,  his hair always looks right. That doesn't mean it looks the same, just that it fits on his head.

ORIENTATION: Straight

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single. Had a few regrettable incidents in college, especially near the end of his school career, and he's trying to forget about those.

TYPE: Popular Nerd (Chemistry)

POWER THEME: Gravity: The name is misleading. It isn't that he can actually manipulate gravity, it's that he can manipulate the density and thus the mass of his own body, as well as anything he touches. He can change the mass by up to a factor of ten, at first, so from .1x to 10x the original density. The results of this are underwhelming at first; he can lift what appear to be very heavy objects without much effort. It doesn't seem like much, really.

That is, until you realize F=ma. If density and thus mass go down, a similar force results in a far higher acceleration. The same jump that propelled him towards a basketball hoop can now send him flying across the breadth of the school. Lowering the mass of an object makes it far easier to push and throw as well. On the other hand, he can increase density to make his own body nigh unmovable by another force, though doing so paralyzes him in a way as well, as he becomes unable to move his own body.

CHARACTER FLAW: He's not actually any stronger or weaker while using the ability. This doesn't just apply to the amount of force he can apply, but also to the actual sturdiness of his body. Just because he can jump super high doesn't mean bones won't shatter on impact if he lands really hard. There's also an effective range on his ability. Anything over two feet away, no matter how he's in contact with it, cannot be affected by his ability.

Furthermore, he cannot simply "remove" or "add" density. He actually has to "transfer" it. Unfortunately, due to the fact that he can only focus the controlled part of the power in his hands, the secondary transfer occurs randomly on his body. With practice, he may be able to focus it in one part of his body so the transfer can occur to something he wants it to go too, but most of the time, it'll just go down the path of "least resistance", which means it'll go where the change matters least (to the largest thing possible). Usually this means it goes to the Earth, but if he's not in direct contact with the ground, this can become more complicated.

It's also not an instantaneous ability. A density drain takes up to thirty seconds to take place, depending on how much he wants to alter it. The ability doesn't tire him out directly so he can theoretically keep it continuing with conscious attention provided he stays in contact with whatever he's removing density from as well as the ground. However, once he stops being in contact with either the object of attention or the density sink, the effect of his power wears off. It lasts about , regardless of how much the density was altered.

BIOGRAPHY: As a first generation American citizen with parents from the rural area of the Szechuan province, Darwin always had a lot of pressure on him to do well. His parents, infused with the entrepreneur spirit that America embodies so well, went from working in a restaurant (his father) and being a secretary at a car dealership (his mother) to owning a restaurant and being a lead salesperson, respectively. They did not expect anything less than the best from their boy, and put him through all sorts of trials and tribulations, from learning three instruments to taking SAT prep in middle school. Through it all, Darwin suffered silently, making what friends he could. Unfortunately for his parents, their little seedling did not grow into the prodigy they hoped, but he turned out all right. Acceptable.

He made it into a pretty good school, not the Ivy League his parents had hoped for, but a good UC, UCSD. There, he started off along the premedical track, only to drop out of it, resulting in a rather strained relationship with his parents. Still, he wasn't so suicidal as to change his major to where he wanted to be, in the humanities department. Instead, he stuck it through with chemistry, which made his parents proud enough, especially once they heard about his ideas of becoming a professor eventually. Lacking too much experience in research and teaching, however, he returned to the suburbs of New York where his parents lived. With their aid and a few strings pulled, he landed a pretty cushy job as the lab TA for chemistry in Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson High School.

He's just trying to find his place in life, and this...well, it doesn't seem bad.

Miscellaneous: College really opened his mind to a lot of things. He got hard into video gaming, League of Legends especially, which was part of the reason he dropped out of the intense premed race. It's not something his parents are ever going to find out. He's also dabbled a little in bondage, going to some clubs near the school while in college, but he never managed to go as far as he wanted in his exploration, and he doesn't dare try it at home. He's also explored a little into the BBoy scene; ask him and maybe he'll show a few moves. He does like to move his body and dance, after all, though he'll never admit it.

He volunteer tutors at a nearby middle school on MWF when he's not doing technical lab things or setting up demonstrations or holding TA hours. He's very much a cat person, and would get more than the two cats his family has if he could.

THEME SONG: Dream Synopsis - The Last Shadow Puppets

Prompt 3
It was dark here, though not dark enough. Darwin's heart pounded in his chest as his fingers clutched blindly at the cloth, squeezing it tight as he stared. A soft hand fell on his shoulder and gave him a gentle squeeze. "Don't sweat it." The voice in his ear was familiar, belonging to a girl who looked to be half his size yet had twice his courage. He glanced down at her, chuckling lightly at the cheekily backwards baseball cap on her head. He'd recognized the get-up, of course, but seeing this Dean's List student in a borderline slutty K-pop outfit would never get old.

"We've rehearsed this. You'll do fine. Just think about how much pussy you're going to get after they see you move your hips." she whispered conspiratorially.
He sputtered, his fingers tugging harder at the curtain. The stage crew guy gave him a warning glance. The bright stage lights dimmed as he tried to make a reply while the lion dance performers pushed past them. "That's not...I mean..."
A short punch to his shoulder shut him up quite fast. This was not a girl to antagonize. He had seen her do martial arts. "You'll be fine, is what I'm trying to say." Her teeth gleamed as she smiled at him in the dimmed theater lights. "Now move! It's almost time..."

She rushed out just as the music played, in time with the other girls. "I got it from my daddy..."

For about a minute, he simply stood there stiffly, praying with half his mind, scrambling with the other. Would he remember it all? Would he trip up? Would he...

"I got it from my daddy! I got it from my daddy! I got it got it...Hey, where'd you get that body from?"

Thinking no more, Darwin hurled himself into a cartwheel on stage, jumping into a standing position after two full rotations. And though it may not have been his goal in the beginning, the hip pops were, indeed, the kind to "get pussy".
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:05:28 PM by Torterrable »

Tokyo:

You probably want to go over his power one more time; add in the bits about exhaustion, and take away the bullet point that says that he can walk through fire unharmed, since it contradicts something you said in the previous paragraph. Other than that, he's approved!

Torterrable:

Usually I'm pretty open to negotiation on powers and abilities, but his Strings Of Fate don't feel like they'd be a good fit. Not only would he be able to tell what everybody is feeling for everybody else, but he can also fuck with their relationships to an extent that a lot of players might be uncomfortable with, so unless you were planning on just doing whatever you wanted regardless, it would require LOTS of GM and Player Supervision, to the point where your character might never get to use his power. I don't mind psychic abilities, but this one seems like it would require too much supervision and would very rarely do anything because of how protective people get of their character. Besides that, it seems a tad overpowered simply down to its "I can tell who you like and I can fuck with your connection if I want to" nature. So the power is a pretty hard "no" from me. The rest of the character is fine, save one or two little niggles I might have, but the power is a pretty definite no. So...would you mind changing that power, please? :-)

Offline Torterrable

Sure. It's actually a power I've been thinking of in general; I didn't think it'd be too overpowered because I was imagining I'd be checking for player's consent and reading other people's posts before actually putting it into practice. I thought it'd be a fun way to arrange relationships.

Will think of something new, though.

Offline Torterrable

Changed to Gravity.

Yeah, I get that but it's also the fact that it requires a lot of approval to do anything, and that could get very unfun for you very quickly if you're having to double check every time he uses his powers, y'know?

Ok, so, Gravity and Density Manipulation...no issue with that at all, I just need some limits; like, how heavy or light can he make the object? Do larger objects take more time? Is there a "Time Out" on his ability, or does he have to be touching the object (like, as soon as he stops touching it, the density returns to normal)? Are there any specific limitations on what he can and can't alter? Is he able to make an object have literally 0 mass, or must it have at least - for example - 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 mass? Similarly, can he make an object have infinite mass, or must it have an actual number attached to it? Things like that? :-)

Offline Torterrable

I don't think I'll give him a specific limit on how much he can alter the density. He won't be able to set anything to infinite or zero mass, since the implications of that would be daunting, but he can alter it enough so that something either becomes completely immobile or that it is less dense than air. Any sort of change past that point wouldn't really matter.

Larger objects do not take more time; the time is directly correlated with how much the object originally weighed compared to how much it weighs after he uses his power. However, there is a limit on the size of the objects he can alter, which I think I mentioned in how he cannot change the density of anything more than two feet from point of contact.

I think I mentioned the Time-Out limit as being about one minute after loss of contact. However, there are some other implications here. If he releases the object whose density he was consciously altering, it will slowly return to its original density in about one minute. However, because he will be, at least at first, unconsciously altering something as well, losing contact with what he's not focused on will merely transfer that to another. For example, if he's making a box of notebooks lighter as he climbs the stairs to deliver them, each stair will take on an individual density increase.

I think I'll also make it so that he has to touch what he consciously lowers the density of with his hands. The unconscious transfer effect, however, is anything in contact with his body at the time, and can also be "transferred" through other material. For example, it's not his shoes that grow heavier when he makes things lighter, but the ground.

If he attempts to "fly" with this ability, which he can, that puts his limit at about one minute, or in reality, forty seconds before his density is too close to normal to matter. This is because, though he technically can keep touching himself in midair ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) and making himself lighter, his clothing will be what becomes denser in exchange and so the ability cancels itself out.

I'm also thinking about raising the time limit; not sure how fast one minute really is when all is said and done.

Online King Serperior

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Honestly, I would just say that by "more durable," I mean "stronger bones and hardier skin." Nothing to do with reflexes (besides what is necessary for higher speed swimming) or stamina (just say that while swimming, the water gives him more stamina, but on land, it's just the same as a normal human), just "My body is physically harder to damage than a normal humans." Seems the simplest and most direct way of doing it, and the one that makes the most sense given the justification will be "the body has adapted to survive higher pressures." Further, I would suggest as a weakness that he has to go swimming or take a bath once every few days (being amphibious means that you survive on land and sea, yes, but you still need to go back to the water eventually) and maybe his strength makes his metabolism move faster, so he has to eat more to keep his energy up. But those are just suggestions :-)
Alright, that sounds reasonable.  I just have to remind myself to keep it simple and quit over-complicating the details.  Now that I have a much better grasp on the concept, I should have an edited power and the prompt done sometime this afternoon/evening.   :-)

Sorry for being a pain in the rear over this!  >.<