You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 12:46:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 19021 times)

Offline Selenity Rose

No problem! Just give me a prod when they're done :D

I can see the photosynthesis thing as an eventual evolution of her powers, but not for a while; like, a Mastery Level passive rather than a Day One thing. :-)[/qoute]

Sounds good to me! and will do!

So the plant needs to be only mostly dead?
[Cookie if you get the reference]
But yeah, sounds fair! :D

Whoever she ends up dating now needs to confess to her by going As you Wish. This is now your fault :P *noms on cookie*

Just you see, Grace will melt that facade. :P But yeah, that sounds reasonable. So you just hang out with her and she defrosts over time...I don't see an issue there :D
I'm looking forward to it!

Hmmm, ok. So, in the current cast, who do you see who she might hang out with or have a particular affinity for? Who is she likely to gravitate towards?
Rich Kids:
Grace:: Likely sits with Grace at lunch time or something or is in that circle due to Dance/pretty girl clique.
Dante:: I could see Sel being a peer tutor as well. Perhaps polite hellos while getting tutor assignments.
Joshua:: The instant I read his profile I could see Sel having a huge crush on him. She likely marvels at his ability to rebel as he has been doing. Likely never thought things were possible due to his long term girlfriend so could see her having friend zoned herself with him. Can see it as a possibility that she may have tried to spar with him for self-defense. Of course this depends on chemistry while rping. The character may reveal that she prefers him as a friend but first glance over that's my impression.

Helpful People:
Ai:: I can see Sel likely to sit near him perhaps at the library or asking for his assistance in locating a book if it's not where it should be. Should she learn that he is a martial arts person I can see him earning her respect especially if he actively practices.

Gamers/Nerds:
Kimi:: I can see it now. Sel secretly plays MMO's perhaps the pair are actually in a guild together and maybe have had online text convos about musicals? Can also Sel respecting Kimi for sticking up for the underdog.
Dalton:: Gamer! If it's an online Gamer I can see them maybe belonging to the same MMO or such. Can also see them possibly being in the same History class. A class that Sel hates but excells at thanks to her father.

Theater People:
Nuo Qing:: I can see Sel possibly noticing her since she hangs around the theatre. Likely a respect for her due to her physical prowess.

Musical People:
Kevin:: If he's in Choir I can see Sel seeking him out for duet partnering up. Though likely she is only music-focused and refrains from commenting on his gaming activities. ((Mostly because it's a secret passion of hers. She likely envies his Larp and may want to play secretly))

Not in other categories:
Buffy:: The fact that she's an MMA fighter might scare her a little at first but I can see Sel wanting to test her mettle against her. Though likely she wouldn't be quite sure how and that she may need to hold back since Escrima is the martial art style of breaking and shattering bones so that your opponent can't follow you.

Nah, it's fine! It takes all types, after all! The important thing is you feeling involved. If you feel like you can properly interact with people with her, then she should be fine :D

I will definitely feel involved, I may invent some personal plot to invest in if I think i boxed myself into a courner to unbox out of. But after reading through all of the accepted profiles there is definitely friend potential at the very least with just about every character. There's only one character I think that might scare her a bit but the rest, while she might not gravitate towards them, i could see her getting along with as she got to know them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:33:11 PM by Selenity Rose »

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Hey, what about me?  I thought your girl liked martial art types of people as well?  'Goes to pout in a corner.'  Lol seriously though Rose, it looks like you have quite the interesting character that I wouldn't mind getting to know if at all possible.  Good luck with Tanner, and we'll hopefully see ya soon.  ;D

Offline Selenity Rose

Hey, what about me?  I thought your girl liked martial art types of people as well?  'Goes to pout in a corner.'  Lol seriously though Rose, it looks like you have quite the interesting character that I wouldn't mind getting to know if at all possible.  Good luck with Tanner, and we'll hopefully see ya soon.  ;D

I thought your character was on there?? Goes to double check

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
From the list you have here, it doesn't look like it.  It's cool though, I'll just go pout as I said before lol.

Offline Selenity Rose

From the list you have here, it doesn't look like it.  It's cool though, I'll just go pout as I said before lol.

Ah, it didn't copy paste over. You should have been under the musical people. :) Sorry bout that.

Also... here are my writing prompts... i will add them into my app.

Writing Prompt One: It's the day of the big exam. Whether your character revised or not is up to you, but it's on the subject that your character hates. Guide us through his or her experience leading up to and during the exam.

History. American History. She was never going to use this on demand. If anything she would be more likely to research a role. Hadn't she tested out of this subject? Why did she have to take it still. She knew the answer to that. It was one of those stupid no child left behind required courses. Oh she'd pass it, she'd studied it for her whole life. Her Father of all people had made sure she knew this subject backwards and forwards. Maybe that's why she hated it so much. She could remember the look of disappointment still when a seven-year-old Selenity had gotten her first test printout where she'd gotten a 9 out of 10. He'd looked at it and zeroed in on the answer she'd gotten wrong and said, "Tell me, oh daughter of mine, how a daughter of mine got that the date of the Gettysburg address was on November 18, 1963?"

She'd looked to her father confused as he leaned forward and said, "I want you to go and write lines on November 19th, 1863 and give me an essay on why that date is important and how are you going to remind yourself of it from now on."

Selenity realized her mistake then, a simple transposing of numbers, yet she still had Abe, a teddy bear that was on her bed with a ribbon that said Gettysburg address November 19th 1863 and it's fur was white with black scrolling letters. An excerpt of the Gettysburg address. She was brought out of her thoughts as the test paper was placed in front of her. The word given to flip over their papers and begin and the first question brought a smirk to her lips, "Who gave the Gettysburg Address and on what date?"

Her head bowed, hair curtaining as she focused on her test paper. The answers flowing well enough. A glance up as she gazed outside of the room and then went back to the first question as she hovered. She could change the date... instead, she wrote at the bottom of her answer three additional lines.All three read: The Gettysburg address was not given on November 18th, 1963.

Writing Prompt Two: This is it! The night of the big date with your big crush! The first one, in fact! How does the character prepare? How do they react? Show us some of the emotions running through their head.

"Wear something casual... like how casual does he mean? Did he really mean this as a date? What if he's expecting it just to be a hang out as friends type thing?" Selenity muttered as she went through her clothing rack.

A pair of jeans was the only thing selected so far. Dark wash, flared bootcut, non-decorative. There were decorative ones with lace and rhinestones in her closet as well but well... he'd said casual? What if he wanted to go and do something active? Thus her conundrum on a shirt. Should she go with a nice top or one that would allow for a nice range of movement? That was the problem with not having a set thing in mind paired with 'it's a surprise' date.

"I still don't even know if this is a date or a let's hang out as friends type thing." Selenity grumbles as she finally just grabs a plain camisole top to wear beneath one of her nice tops.

"Why did I say yes?" Selenity thought as she moved from her walk in closet to her vanity. Yet she knew the answer to that too. "Because you're hoping he's finally noticed you. The real you."

Shaking her head, as the outfit is laid out on the bed, lingerie as well, ivory lacey stuff. These were for her, to feel pretty and perhaps slightly wishful thinking. Outfit laid out it was time to do hair and make-up. This part was easy, muted tones for a more natural look. The primer, foundation, and conceal are applied with a practiced hand. Eyeliner is simple outlines to have her eyes pop since she was foregoing the eye shadow. Waterproof mascara. That was important just in case it turned out to be a date near water. Heck, she had a swimsuit in the inner pocket of her bag for that contingency as well. Hair was going to be the hard decision. Her robe is dropped as she looks at her reflection... what should she do with her hair that was still soft and feminine but appropriate for casual? A hair magazine was opened and flipped through, she'd bought it from one of the salons she'd gone to with her mother, and that's when inspiration struck. The Gibson tuck style required you to pull it into a bit of a ponytail before tucking it in. She could do that! Then take a couple of loose curls and wrap it around either side... yes that would look quite nice and she could put her outfit on without wrecking the hair style.

With a pleased look on her face, she finished the rest of the motions. Doing her hair as she sang one of her favorite numbers. The song of Mary Magdelena from the musical, 'I don't know how to love him.'

By the end of the song she was dressed and ready to go. Eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, chapstick, and contact solution with a backup pair of contacts in the cosmetic bag then her wallet and mini first aid kit into the purse, after checking suit and goggles and cap were all in and she was ready to go. A pair of flats tossed into the bag as an afterthought before putting her combat boots on. Shined to perfection and a kiss pressed to her fingers and those to the aphrodite statue by her door. Here she went, there was no looking back now.

Writing Prompt Three: Choose any situation or prompt you wish; this is your chance to select your own Prompt and go wild with your imagination. Basically, this is the one where we want you to show off your creativity and all of your writing ability. :-)

Selenity was starting to hate the hospital. Here she was at Talia's hospital room, holding the hand of her best friend, her only close female friend. It wasn't fair. They were finally in the same school and... why hadn't she made sure Talia was with her when they were running. Why was she still asleep. It wasn't fair. Tears slipped down Selenity's face as she bowed her head and kissed the hand of her friend before looking to her sleeping face.

"You're never going to catch up if you don't wake up soon. We're supposed to go to Princeton or Harvard together. Stanford if we don't get in at the other two. We were going to change the world together. Brawn and Beauty with a little bit of nerd for flavoring." Selenity whispered, "Teacher is pushing all of us really hard. He wants me to fight in your place for the competition this year. I said that wouldn't be necessary because you're going to wake up. Don't make a liar out of me."

Another tear went down her face as she sniffled, "I made you another discbound book, well another few I should say. I assumed you'd take the same electives as me so now in your little library shelf, you have this years course notes and syllabuses as well. I'm trying out a creative writing course. You love writing right? I'm not you but I'm writing a story. Don't tell anyone but it's about me and you as our guild characters taking on the world. You have to read it before I turn it in okay? Tell me how wrong I have your character and give the fighting scenes some pizazz."

"Ehem..." A male voice sounded behind her.

Selenity turned around to see Talia's parents and she dried her tears before letting go of Talia's hand. She nodded her head to them before looking back to Talia, "It's time for me to go to school. I'll see you again tomorrow. I'm going to borrow your bathroom okay?"

As she stood to rise she felt Talia's mom pat her on the back and give her a hug while Talia's dad took the seat on the other side of the bed.

"I'll be with her all day today. Talia's sister will be coming this afternoon. Stop by if you can. She's been missing her big sister and she looks to you as a stand in." Talia's mom murmured.

"Of course. I'll leave study hall early." Selenity replied, adding a reminder into her phone immediately.

A quick stop into the bathroom and her make-up was done to perfection and then it was out the door and down that long sterile hallway. Thoughts of later the day running through her mind. "Maybe I should just skip study hall entirely. Stop and get Leia another unicorn thing. I did see a unicorn horn necklace at the mall at that goth store's window display. I think she'd like that."

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Just to ask but why musical?  I don't mind, I'm just curious as to why you'd stick her in that group lol.  Still, it's cool Rose, and thanks for the clarification there.  See you soon!

Offline Selenity Rose

i meant i had her in a category after the musical people :)

Not in other categories:
Buffy:: The fact that she's an MMA fighter might scare her a little at first but I can see Sel wanting to test her mettle against her. Though likely she wouldn't be quite sure how and that she may need to hold back since Escrima is the martial art style of breaking and shattering bones so that your opponent can't follow you.

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Oh gotcha okay lol.

Offline Vergil TannerTopic starter

Whoever she ends up dating now needs to confess to her by going As you Wish. This is now your fault

I accept full blame. :P But it wasn't my intention to bring the fun to a halt.

Hmmmm, ok...that seems like a very comprehensive list! Obviously none of that is finalised and you still need to talk to the players involved, but it's good that you have a general idea :D Though I do need to note, Joshua is no longer in the game; his player left only a few days ago, unfortunately.

I will definitely feel involved, I may invent some personal plot to invest in if I think i boxed myself into a courner to unbox out of.

If you get stuck or isolated, let me know! I'm sure I'll be able to find something for you to do. I can volunteer my own characters as patsies to get you involved if necessary :P

But after reading through all of the accepted profiles there is definitely friend potential at the very least with just about every character. There's only one character I think that might scare her a bit but the rest, while she might not gravitate towards them, i could see her getting along with as she got to know them.

Good to hear!

I do have one more question:

What kinds of physical limits does her power have? Like, is there any kind of physical drawback - draining fatigue, etc etc - to using her abilities too often or to too great an extent? Is there a side effect to prolonged usage that may hinder her in some way, or is there some kind of physical cost?

Offline Selenity Rose

CHARACTER FLAW:
Battery:: The sunlight Selenity consumes powers not only her powers but also herself. If she uses her powers to frequently or has not gotten her minimum 4 to 8 hours of sunlight, she will find herself becoming lethargic or continued overuse of her powers will have her pass out. If she pushes herself too far she could die.

If she doesn't get her minimum 4 hours in and still use her powers lethargic moves up to slight dizziness, vertigo, and slight headaches to intense migraines. Vertigo will cause her to fall over if she does climb stairs. (The passive ability will not have vertigo effects but may induce a slight headache).

Hmmmm, ok...that seems like a very comprehensive list! Obviously none of that is finalised and you still need to talk to the players involved, but it's good that you have a general idea :D Though I do need to note, Joshua is no longer in the game; his player left only a few days ago, unfortunately.

Aye, those were just ideas of who i had an idea she'd gravitate towards. Joshua i actually contacted before I went on my trip and was informed he was in the process of leaving. While that's unfortunate for the character it's fine. I'm interested in seeing who she does develop chemistry with should that occur. :)

If she doesn't get her minimum 4 hours in and still use her powers lethargic moves up to slight dizziness, vertigo, and slight headaches to intense migraines. Vertigo will cause her to fall over if she does climb stairs. (The passive ability will not have vertigo effects but may induce a slight headache).

Hmmm....seems fair. Will this weakness decrease with time, or will it stay relatively constant throughout the game?

Aye, those were just ideas of who i had an idea she'd gravitate towards. Joshua i actually contacted before I went on my trip and was informed he was in the process of leaving. While that's unfortunate for the character it's fine. I'm interested in seeing who she does develop chemistry with should that occur. :)

Obviously! I already have a couple of ideas on that front! :P

So do you have any questions for us / me at this time? :D

Offline Selenity Rose

Hmmm....seems fair. Will this weakness decrease with time, or will it stay relatively constant throughout the game?

Obviously! I already have a couple of ideas on that front! :P

So do you have any questions for us / me at this time? :D

Staying constant for the weaknesses.

I'm excited for your ideas.

Only question... Am I in?

((Posted from my mobile. It's been a busy day.))

Hmm....yeah, you're in! Please PM me the Code to your bio ( Use the BBcode "[ code]" and "[/ code]" without the spaces) and then I'll post it to the character thread and we can get you introduced into the OOC and started on the Yearbook :D

Re: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!
« Reply #588 on: October 09, 2016, 04:05:16 AM »
We are stll recruiting new players! :D

Offline Spynmaster

« Reply #589 on: November 02, 2016, 01:37:34 AM »
NAME: Vance Brice

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE:

ORIENTATION: Straight, Curious about Polyamory

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single, Desires a relationship with multiple consensual females.

TYPE: Compassionate Rebel, Daydreaming Gamer/Writer, Aspiring Gentleman

PERSONALITY: Vance appears calm and relaxed at first, friendly to people that treat him as such. But he's always thinking, feeling, registering the surroundings and people...when he's not daydreaming. He wants to think & decide for himself, passionately protecting his belief of free will, his freedom of choice & speech. Despite his relaxed nature, he has a bit of an attitude and a temper to go with it, though it takes a lot for him to lose his cool. It doesn't help he has a few trust issues, and trust is something Vance takes seriously.

On a lighter note, Vance is a peace-loving guy who simply wants to do his own thing. He sees the world as just one of many, really letting his imagination fly when he daydreams, writes, and plays video games, even when he cooks. Being a lover of fantasy, he imagines worlds and dimensions where he can fight monsters and evil-doers, soar into the sky to travel to fabulous places, and find his ideal circle of lady lovers. He hopes to try such a thing in reality, even though the chances of that are pretty slim.

POWER THEME: Psionic Magician: Using the imagination to create and the willpower to control, Vance uses a fusion of psychic power and arcane magic to create and use a virtually-limitless array of spells.
-By concentrating on the matter of something, Vance can infuse particles & atoms with his psycho-magical energy and make it own, not only take control of it, but changing its shape, form, and properties, as long as Vance is knowledgeable about what he wants to make.
-Any object he infuses with his energy, he can read information about, organic & inorganic, living & dead, gas, solid, or liquid.
-Vance can leave his energy where it is, or retrieve it to be used again. This can be a strategic element.

CHARACTER FLAW: Vance has trust issues, wanting to keep his distance from people as a whole, believing that anyone is capable of being treacherous as well as capable of corrupting or forcing others against their will, such as bullies, or certain women that use their gender to get what they want.
He also can be oversensitive, stubborn, confrontational, and temperamental. He won't hesitate to challenge authority, regardless of law, social standard, or any kind of rule.
He's also a poor loser, putting his all into a task and wanting a good result out of it while being depressed over a loss as if the world was judging him.
Vance also tends to be an escapist, daydreaming of a paradise or fantastical life outside of the real world.

As for his powers, Vance's Psionic Magic, though limitless in what he can make, is very limited in how much he can make at once. Each time he uses it, it uses his mental energy. He can remove his particles from wherever he put them to restore it, but if he uses it to change or create something, then its as good as spent. Using too much of his energy results in him passing out on the spot, feeling lightheaded & dizzy as a result of overtaxing his mind's limitations. The more complex and creative the spell, the more energy that's needed, and the more at-risk he puts himself.
Overall, at the end of the day, he's still a normal human, without any kind of formal or professional training, so he suffers the same weaknesses any human would. He would need to use his powers in order to become not as vulnerable, and even that has its limits.

BIOGRAPHY:  Vance grew up in two areas of the Milwaukee County of Wisconsin as a result his parents being separated. There were the inner-city neighborhoods near Riverwest, and there were the suburbs of Greenfield that were closer to forested land. Vincent and Tessa agreed to share the raising of Vance, though he was moreso in Greenfield due to his school, seeing his dad on the weekends.

School was...an emotional experience for Vance. His innocence and good nature quickly deteriorated when the more cruel students descended on him like a fresh kill. He tried to avoid a fight, not wanting to get hurt or go to jail like he saw on TV, but they wouldn't leave him alone. One day during middle schol, he had enough, and he lost his temper on a student. Naturally, he was reprimanded and his parents were called. Arguments followed involving justice and bullying, but he was forced to hold his tongue in the end by his parents. His perception of the world darkened that day, believing that there was no justice in the world. His social attitude declined, thinking everyone was out to get him. He was smart enough to keep his grades, but he kept arguing with students, teachers, and faculty alike. Vincent noticed this and had a talk with Vance, telling him about everyone in the world wasn't required to agree with him, but that didn't mean that there wasn't good in people. He just had to find them. Vance was reluctant to agree with him, but he listened. Tessa on the other hand lost her temper with him, beating him with a leather belt each time he got in trouble at school, which only further darkened his view of things.

One day, he was at the library, and he was asked to bring a book he wanted to read. He looked around the place, finding a book about a fantasy world. It had things that his current world didn't have: a beautiful world with dragons, fairies, and other mythical & fantasy creatures, where heroes fought villains, and fair maidens were rescued by brave heroes. Ever since he wanted to read more of these books, and his positivity returned. He wanted to find more things about fantasy, such as roleplaying board & video games, writing, and related television shows & movies.

As he hits puberty, his interests & hobbies become more...mature. As he gets into high school, that interest becomes more apparent as he looks at girls as possible girlfriends. However, to his surprise, he finds that its very difficult to get a girl's attention on his own. However, things become really heated when a jealous boyfriend catches him a half-second after Vance finds out the girl is taken. A fight breaks out, Vance loses his temper, and unleashes his wrath on the bully. Unfortunately, he is a member of the football team, and others arrive to subdue Vance, but not before causing pain to a few of them. He wakes up in the nurse's office, with bandages & patches. Fortunately, the he was only given a warning for what happened, being required to speak to the counselor, Angel Aurora. He explained his side of the story, and Angel said, regardless of who was right or wrong, he shouldn't start fights. He then argued about what was right and just, referencing knights & heroes from the stories he read, while she mentioned that he looked more like a monster than a knight back there. It was the first time in a long time that Vance felt like crying...to be called a monster...he felt like dying at that point. However, Angel comforted him in saying that even a monster can become a hero. The more Vance and Angel spoke, the more Vance's outward attitude improved. One day, the girl he spoke to before sat with him at lunch, telling him that he broke up with her now-ex-boyfriend. As Vance blinked in surprise, he decided to be bold and ask her to hang out sometime. That was when she introduced herself as Crystal. She said she needed some time first before she wanted to be serious, but she would be glad to sit with him again. Ever since they sat together and talked, and Angel couldn't be happier that he had found a friend to talk to.

One day, things took an ugly turn, as Vance was jumped by the guy and his friends, stuffed in a gym bag and tossed around like a football & beaten. Fortunately, Angel had been following and stopped the hazing. Those responsible were reprimanded, and the whole team was put on review & probation. Meanwhile, Vance got mixed feelings from the whole school based on their loyalty to the team. However, the only feelings that mattered to Vance were Angel & Crystal.

Since then, Vance went on to pursue his passions during his schooling, such as his writing, track & field, and culinary arts. He was met with hostility some days, when confronted about putting the football team at risk of not going all the way, but he didn't pay it much mind, especially since he was seeing more of Crystal, actually taking her on dates and even to the Prom.

Miscellaneous: Besides his interests in reading & writing fantasy and playing video games & fantasy board & table-top games, Vance also likes cooking & eating, yo-yos & boomerangs, collecting marbles, crystals, and gems, and listens to smooth jazz & new age music. He's also involved in Track & Field, practicing parkour & freerunning in his spare time. There's also the Gaming Club he's involved in, as well as Culinary Arts. Aside from running, he also likes biking and rollerblading/skating.

On his wanderings of the internet, he discovered a type of relationship called polyamory, being very curious about having a relationship with other girls, kept to themselves. He is continuing researching this. Meanwhile, his hormones make him very attracted to other women.

His video games choices involve RPGs, Arcade, platformers, action, adventure, racing, flight sim, and card games. He also likes date-sims, monster taming, and pet sims, as well as pinball & rail shooters.

His favorite animal are cats & snakes.

Vance's favorite foods involve meat, cheese, and sauces, as well as potatoes and peanut butter and cinnamon, while he avoids cole slaw and salad. He is allergic to shellfish.

THEME SONG: Just a little bit of fun! If your character had a theme song, what would it be?

Take on Me by A-Ha

Spin by Steve Cole

Children – Dream Version by Robert Miles

Have Faith in Yourself by Grandia 2 OST

[Writing Sample]

It was a surreal moment for Vance. He was finally asking out his first crush, Crystal Breeze. He didn't think he'd even make it to this moment considering their first meeting. But here they were, going to the park together. Vance was planning out each step as they met, but at the same time, he just wanted to keep Crystal happy for a long as he could. He had never really dated anyone before, and he wanted to make a good first impression.

Vance first took Crystal to the hot dog stand, grabbing a couple of hot dogs & drinks for themselves, which Vance covered with some spare allowance. After that, they went to a spot by the bridge, sitting down at the bench under the tree and looking out at the river. Vance sat close to Crystal, enjoying their small meal together. Vance felt relaxed but all nervous. Crystal was a lovely young lady, but he wasn't even sure that he could be enough for her.

“What's on your mind, Vance?” Crystal said. “You look so...intense.”

“Do I?” Vance tried to straighten himself out, taking a deep breath as he bit his hot dog quickly. He barely noticed the taste as he normally did. His mind was focused on Crystal and the date.

“Well...you know...my first date and all...” Vance said. “I just wanna make sure everything goes well, you know?” Vance grinned, a little nervous again.

Crystal giggled. “Well, I think you're doing just fine...just try not to overthink it. Let's just sit and relax.” She turned to the river. “We had all school day to think about things. Let's just let our minds wander for a bit.”

“Sounds good to me.” Vance said, finally relaxing himself.

Little did he know that he subconsciously put his arm up and over Crystal's head, relaxing it behind her head...until he looked at her. He froze up, worried she was going to pull away. Such a thing when he was just getting relaxed would crush him. However, Crystal not only stayed where she was but she leaned towards him. That relaxed all of worries.

'Maybe this will work out after all...' Vance thought as he snuggled against her.

« Reply #590 on: November 02, 2016, 02:15:49 AM »
Welcome, Spy! I've had a quick look over your character, so I'll hit some preliminary things here :-)

POWER THEME: Psionic Magician: Using the imagination to create and the willpower to control, Vance uses a fusion of psychic power and arcane magic to create and use a virtually-limitless array of spells.

No. No no no. I told you when you first inquired over PM that this isn't Marvel and DC levels; these powers have predetermined limitations, weaknesses, drawbacks and the like. "virtually-limitless" abilities frankly do not exist in the PC's.

-By concentrating on the matter of something, Vance can infuse particles & atoms with his psycho-magical energy and make it own, not only take control of it, but changing its shape, form, and properties, as long as Vance is knowledgeable about what he wants to make.
-Any object he infuses with his energy, he can read information about, organic & inorganic, living & dead, gas, solid, or liquid.
-Vance can leave his energy where it is, or retrieve it to be used again. This can be a strategic element.

Sorry, but this is WAY too broad, ill-defined and far reaching compared to the current powers. Any one of them could - hypothetically - be developed and stretched and altered into a power in its own right. I would say drop the second two and JUST stick with the first one, the reshaping and control. That in and of itself is IMMENSELY powerful in the context of the setting - seriously, just go read the other powers - and you don't need the other two.

On that note, those abilities need limits and drawbacks. How big an object can he control? What's the range on the power; that is, how close must it be for him to affect, and at what range do his abilities stop working on an affected object? How long can he maintain control? If he wants to reshape things, what limits is he under; can he only make an object of the same mass, or can he alter its mass, weight and gravitational pull as well? What are the limits of his transformation? Can he turn a car into gas, for example, or is that going too far away from its original form? Can he make ANYTHING, or is he unable to create anything with complex internal workings? Basically, I want specific limits as to what he can and can't do. None of this wishy washy "Whatever he wants, he's virtually unlimited!" :P

CHARACTER FLAW: Vance has trust issues, wanting to keep his distance from people as a whole, believing that anyone is capable of being treacherous as well as capable of corrupting or forcing others against their will, such as bullies, or certain women that use their gender to get what they want.

This seems a touch extreme. We already have a few untrusting characters, but this makes him seem like he won't want to get to know ANYBODY. How are you going to get him involved when he apparently doesn't like ANYBODY? And how do you reconcile that with the above "cool and calm, friendly and peace-loving?" That seems like a set of traits that wouldn't snuggle up readily to the "Asshole who doesn't like anybody, hates losing and actively rebels against society. I just don't quite understand how those traits all go into one person.

He also can be oversensitive, stubborn, confrontational, and temperamental. He won't hesitate to challenge authority, regardless of law, social standard, or any kind of rule.
He's also a poor loser, putting his all into a task and wanting a good result out of it while being depressed over a loss as if the world was judging him.
Vance also tends to be an escapist, daydreaming of a paradise or fantastical life outside of the real world.

So why would anybody want anything to do with him? No offence, but he seems like the kind of character that nobody would want to go near, so how are you going to play it so that you actually have fun interacting with people when people likely don't like him, and he returns the sentiments?

As for his powers, Vance's Psionic Magic, though limitless in what he can make, is very limited in how much he can make at once. Each time he uses it, it uses his mental energy. He can remove his particles from wherever he put them to restore it, but if he uses it to change or create something, then its as good as spent. Using too much of his energy results in him passing out on the spot, feeling lightheaded & dizzy as a result of overtaxing his mind's limitations. The more complex and creative the spell, the more energy that's needed, and the more at-risk he puts himself.
Overall, at the end of the day, he's still a normal human, without any kind of formal or professional training, so he suffers the same weaknesses any human would. He would need to use his powers in order to become not as vulnerable, and even that has its limits.

I already noted that I will not accept "virtually limitless," and I think how much energy and time it takes him to use his abilities on more complex things needs to be expanded on more. And what do you mean by "his powers could make him become not as vulnerable?"

Your Background:

Ok, so, when did he come to MWH? What has he been doing since then? It cuts off when he takes Crystal to Prom, so is Crystal a MWH NPC? If not, where is she, and what happened between then and now? Remember, all characters need to have been at MWH for at least a year, preferably longer, so when and how did he get into Malcolm Wheeler High, and where is Crystal now?

Offline Spynmaster

« Reply #591 on: November 09, 2016, 02:30:26 AM »
Welcome, Spy! I've had a quick look over your character, so I'll hit some preliminary things here :-)

No. No no no. I told you when you first inquired over PM that this isn't Marvel and DC levels; these powers have predetermined limitations, weaknesses, drawbacks and the like. "virtually-limitless" abilities frankly do not exist in the PC's.

Sorry, but this is WAY too broad, ill-defined and far reaching compared to the current powers. Any one of them could - hypothetically - be developed and stretched and altered into a power in its own right. I would say drop the second two and JUST stick with the first one, the reshaping and control. That in and of itself is IMMENSELY powerful in the context of the setting - seriously, just go read the other powers - and you don't need the other two.

On that note, those abilities need limits and drawbacks. How big an object can he control? What's the range on the power; that is, how close must it be for him to affect, and at what range do his abilities stop working on an affected object? How long can he maintain control? If he wants to reshape things, what limits is he under; can he only make an object of the same mass, or can he alter its mass, weight and gravitational pull as well? What are the limits of his transformation? Can he turn a car into gas, for example, or is that going too far away from its original form? Can he make ANYTHING, or is he unable to create anything with complex internal workings? Basically, I want specific limits as to what he can and can't do. None of this wishy washy "Whatever he wants, he's virtually unlimited!" :P

This seems a touch extreme. We already have a few untrusting characters, but this makes him seem like he won't want to get to know ANYBODY. How are you going to get him involved when he apparently doesn't like ANYBODY? And how do you reconcile that with the above "cool and calm, friendly and peace-loving?" That seems like a set of traits that wouldn't snuggle up readily to the "Asshole who doesn't like anybody, hates losing and actively rebels against society. I just don't quite understand how those traits all go into one person.

So why would anybody want anything to do with him? No offence, but he seems like the kind of character that nobody would want to go near, so how are you going to play it so that you actually have fun interacting with people when people likely don't like him, and he returns the sentiments?

I already noted that I will not accept "virtually limitless," and I think how much energy and time it takes him to use his abilities on more complex things needs to be expanded on more. And what do you mean by "his powers could make him become not as vulnerable?"

Your Background:

Ok, so, when did he come to MWH? What has he been doing since then? It cuts off when he takes Crystal to Prom, so is Crystal a MWH NPC? If not, where is she, and what happened between then and now? Remember, all characters need to have been at MWH for at least a year, preferably longer, so when and how did he get into Malcolm Wheeler High, and where is Crystal now?

Ugh...so many questions... alright, I'll try to break this down as much as I can... First off, please call me Spyn(pronounced Spin).

Alright, first off, it's obvious that there's going to be way too many "calculations" that need to be made involving this power, and I'd rather not spend a bunch of time trying to do it when I could just pick another power, so I think I'll do that instead.

As for his personality, I wanted him to come across as someone who's guarded and aware of deceit & betrayal, not wanting to be heartbroken or anything like that(he's read alot of romantic fantasy scenarios), but of course he'll be able to trust eventually...it just takes that one moment when he can let loose and enjoy himself. Overall, I wanted him to be portrayed as emotional and active sometimes, and quiet and thoughtful the next.

Now, he would've come to MWH after graduating high school. Vance is on average pretty smart, save a few subjects, math being one of them. And yes Crystal is a NPC - I do intend him to have some kind of romantic relationship with a female PC, though now that I'm thinking about it, I should add some things to that. I can easily change his change his age to reflect time spent at MWH.

I guess I was just eager to get started in the game - I've been without a long-term RP for too long, let alone a superpowered school setting.

« Reply #592 on: November 09, 2016, 02:38:14 AM »
Alright, first off, it's obvious that there's going to be way too many "calculations" that need to be made involving this power, and I'd rather not spend a bunch of time trying to do it when I could just pick another power, so I think I'll do that instead.

Well, whichever power you choose will have to have limits and drawbacks placed on it to balance it properly, but you're more than welcome to change which power you want. :-)

As for his personality, I wanted him to come across as someone who's guarded and aware of deceit & betrayal, not wanting to be heartbroken or anything like that(he's read alot of romantic fantasy scenarios), but of course he'll be able to trust eventually...it just takes that one moment when he can let loose and enjoy himself. Overall, I wanted him to be portrayed as emotional and active sometimes, and quiet and thoughtful the next.

But how does that transition occur? Because he can't be passionate and hotheaded at the same time as being intellectual and cautious, can he?

Now, he would've come to MWH after graduating high school.

No, he wouldn't. MWH is a High School (Malcolm Wheeler High), and as stated in the opening post, every member of the cast that is part of the student body is in their Senior Year.

Vance is on average pretty smart, save a few subjects, math being one of them. And yes Crystal is a NPC - I do intend him to have some kind of romantic relationship with a female PC, though now that I'm thinking about it, I should add some things to that. I can easily change his change his age to reflect time spent at MWH.

And that above leaves me with the question again; where is Crystal now, and is she at MWH?

I guess I was just eager to get started in the game - I've been without a long-term RP for too long, let alone a superpowered school setting.

Welp, this process is designed to make people pause and think, and iron out any misunderstandings or kinks with the bio. :-)

Offline Spynmaster

« Reply #593 on: November 21, 2016, 02:23:18 AM »
Alright - I wanna get the power out of the way first. I think I found a good one: Vortex Creation & Manipulation. Basically he can create and control vortexes based on the element that is there, like air, fire, or water. One of his limits would be that he would need to be knowledgeable of the element and it would have to be there to be used, and furthermore he would only be able to use a limited amount based on weight & volume. I found the idea here: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vortex_Creation

« Reply #594 on: November 21, 2016, 09:40:49 AM »
Hmm...I'm not certain, personally, since that feels a little too close to Elemental Manipulation, and if I'm going to make Ai have JUST fire manipulation, then I'm not sure giving a character the ability to make vortexes out of ALL of the elements is fair. So I will need some clarifications, if you don't mind :-)

So, what do you mean by "Knowledge of the element is required?" What kind of knowledge? What kind of experience?
What would the weight and volume maximum be? What would be the range on his ability - like, how far away could the vortex be - and how big could it be?
How long could he maintain it, and what kind of effects might it have? Would he have to concentrate? What kind of negative physical effects or weaknesses might it have?
Basically, how does it function, and how does it differ from straight up elemental control?

Offline Spynmaster

« Reply #595 on: December 07, 2016, 08:44:02 PM »
Well, he would need to know what the element feels and looks like. Water for example, would be wet, capable of gas, solid, and liquid forms. Or wind, which is simply a form of Air.

Now, he would need to see the vortex, top to bottom, to make sure human casualties were avoided. And as far as weaknesses, I imagine the vortexes would be cancelled out based on what element the vortex is at present.

And how it differs from straight-up elemental control, he could only make it a vortex, something that moves as a cyclone - he can't really keep it hard or not-moving.

I'd love it if someone could work with me about this to help with the specifics, that way it doesn't become an issue.

« Reply #596 on: December 07, 2016, 08:55:15 PM »
The problem is, Spy, it just seems too far-reaching for this power scale. Look at the other powers; they're extremely specific, and have very specific limits and drawbacks. I'm just not sure I'm comfortable giving your character even limited control over ALL of the elements, when one characters power is manipulation of ONE element. Creating a tornado or hurricane is powerful enough as it is, but to make it out of ANYTHING he has to hand? That seems a bit excessive. I would much rather you pick one element and have extensive manipulation of that one element, rather than having limited manipulation of ALL the elements. I know I'm being a bit difficult here, but I do need to consider the rules I've set down for other people, and right now, I'm just not sure whether that idea for the power fits into the power scale I've created properly, y'know? Vortex control and manipulation is perfectly fine, but it has to be out of one specific element if you want it, rather than ANY element. Unless you can make a convincing argument for why it should be any element?

Offline Spynmaster

« Reply #597 on: December 08, 2016, 12:22:40 AM »
Then let's say Air.

« Reply #598 on: December 08, 2016, 12:28:56 AM »
Ok, that works! So...what can and can't he do with his Airbending? What are the range limits, the size limits, the force limits, etc etc? Can he change air into something else, or just affect density? Can he affect air inside somebodies lungs? How much air does there have to be before he can use it (EG, can he manipulate the oxygen inside H20, or not?)? Is it "Air" as in a mix of Oxygen and carbon and whatnot, or something more specific? What are the drawbacks or limitations to these abilities? Basically, what specifically can and can't he do with his air manipulation? :-)

Offline Spynmaster

« Reply #599 on: December 08, 2016, 12:49:30 AM »
Let's see...his biggest tornado can only be as tall as him(6' 4"), and as powerful enough to damage and/or lift 500lbs, at least without taxing his body. If he tries to go any more, he'll run the risk of hurting himself or losing control of said tornado. He can create spherical vortexes that look like a swirling ball of air that are not tied to the ground. He can also make & use aerokinetic fields, for protection like shields, or offensively like blades and shots.

He'll have to gather the air for a short amount of time, if there is any. Yes he can use air in someone's lungs.

Did I miss anything?