You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 08:01:00 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 18724 times)

Offline Aida Rose

So true. I think I remember a Nerd King being mentioned, for instance.

Offline Birchleaf

I think Arek was given that title for some reason.

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Well, I would assume that Grace, Kimi, Nimah and Isaiah and the like would be. Not so much Ally, though. :P

Aww, Curvy. There's no need to rethink the entire idea - I rather like the looks of Maxine - just look at the questions and think about the answers a bit. :-) I'm only asking so we have specific limits and whatnot. :-) It won't take much effort, just a bit of back and forth discussion to hammer out some of the kinks. If you want to play a Morpher, you're more than welcome to! We just have to hammer out some details. ^_^ Of course, if you want to withdraw the character and come up with a new one, that's fine by me also. :-) Whatever you want to do, hun :-)

No I thought about it and something just doesn't sit well with character. Which actually does make answering all those questions hard, since she doesn't feel just right anyway. So I will just withdraw the idea for now and see if something else strikes the muse later. Sorry for the trouble.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:47:29 AM by CurvyKitten »

Online Vergil TannerTopic starter

Awww, well, that's a shame. I understand, though. I do hope that you come back soon with another concept, though, and if you do need help brainstorming, do let me know! We do need more female characters, and I know for a fact that you're a good writer, so it would be awesome to have you on board. :-)

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
NAME:  Buffy Black

SEX:  Female

APPEARANCE:

ORIENTATION:  Bisexual with a preference for women

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single and looking

PERSONALITY:  Buffy Black has always been a confident, competitive if a somewhat temperamental person when she's challenged.  Having come from an excessively large family, Buffy has had to push herself to stand out, despite having two decent, fair, and loving parents for most of her life.  Yet her need to be noticed is born from the simple fact that most of her cousins and nieces and nephews are also rather good at the things they do, although her name is normally the first on everyone's lips, but having such a large family as hers meant that she became competitive as a result.  Some of her uncles and aunts got it into her head that she needed to prove herself worthy of their attention, and while she figured out that they were just disappointed in themselves, even jealous and envious that she was better than them or their kids, their words still had an impact at an early enough age that it kind of stuck, the need to push herself and never say never attitude.  It was both a blessing and a curse because she always did pretty well in school and she was pretty confident in herself, but there was always that little voice in the back of her head saying she needed to do more.

Then she found MMA.  It gave her a constructive if aggressive, outlet for some of those negative feelings and emotions that were always in the back of her head.  Tennis was all well and good for a while, but it wasn't physical enough for her, there wasn't enough there to hold her attention, that and it didn't help the tennis court she used to go to back home in Chicago had been populated by the spoiled brats of the local rich and snobby, so making the mistake of winning against those same kids normally resulted in butthurt feelings and the occasional threat to 'tell their mommy or daddy' the 'mean poor kid' wasn't going to play to their level.  As a result, Buffy turned to a sport that only others like her could even begin to appreciate, where blood, sweat, and tears actually meant something and no amount of money could replace honest to goodness skill.  You either had that fire in your heart, that passion to fight to the last, and a modicum of honor to boot, or you didn't.  It was just that simple.  And that's the kind of person Buffy is in a nutshell, you either liked exactly what you saw with her, or you didn't.  She isn't a fake person, she doesn't compromise, and she doesn't take well to assholes or spoiled brats.

TYPE: Intelligent Jock if such a thing exists

POWER THEME:  Telekinetic - Can use her mind to fly and manipulate objects with a simple thought.  She can potentially lift up to seven times her weight, but extensive use of her abilities gives her extremely bad migraines, nose bleeds, can even be forced into temporary unconsciousness.  A prolonged coma is also possible if she pushes herself too far too fast.  She also has to know where an object or person is to be able to do anything with it, so line of sight is important.  Starts off with being able only to move small objects such as legos or baseballs to a total of ten feet, but she has the potential to move objects as far as a hundred feet away from her, or of a size of a fully loaded Mustang.  While she doesn't need to make any fancy hand gestures or wave her arms around, it does make it easier if she's able to 'conduct' the objects she's trying to manipulate with subtle finger gestures and movements of her hands, but it's not necessary, it just makes it harder if she doesn't.

Examples

CHARACTER FLAW:. Peanut Allergy - Deathly allergic to peanuts, and while she carries an epinephrine pen/injection at all times, she has an understandable fear of peanuts, to the point she'll run out of a room if she even sees a sealed jar of peanut butter.

Doesn't back down - Pretty self explanatory, but once a challenge has been issued, there are few things that can stop her from seeing them through to the end.  As a result, she can be easily baited if you know what buttons to push.

Overuse = Health Problems - Overuse of her powers causes serious health related issues.  Can range from minor to severe headaches, nose bleeds, bouts of unconsciousness, to a prolonged comatose state if she pushes herself or is pushed too far too quickly.  A quick example would be repeated blocked explosive hits against her barrier, thrown cars, or something else equally big or explosive.  Has thus far only managed to hold back a single car before the train to migraine city hits her.

To See To Move - She has to be able to see what's coming at her to be able to redirect or manipulate the object she's trying to 'grab' with her mind.  A fastball going sixty miles per hour for example she could handle with relative ease, so long as she saw it coming.  Something as big as a Mustang would be much harder, but not impossible.

Social Creature - Having spent most of her time around a really large collection of cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, and uncles through most of her life, Buffy became a naturally social person as a result.  While she's very comfortable around crowds, and as a consequence doesn't see the point of shutting a bathroom door or dressing in private, among other things, she also has a problem with being alone.  She gets irritated and grouchy if she doesn't have at least one other person to talk to.  Part of that is just because the silence seems deafening to her, but having survived a hurricane alongside her folks, Buffy has a slight instinctual fear of the literal calm before the storm.

Only Human - Even though she can take a hit and keep on coming through sheer force of will and a too stubborn to die attitude, Buffy is still just your average senior with the body to match.  She might be fit from a life of sports and academic pursuits, but she's still, on her own, no stronger or faster than your average person.

BIOGRAPHY:  Buffy Black had a relatively normal childhood growing up.  While she had no brothers or sisters, her parents had a lot of nieces and nephews on both sides of the family, having a fairly large collection of brothers and sisters themselves which naturally meant when everyone paired off, they had families of their own.  So Buffy was never really alone, having grown up with her cousins over the years who she still remains in contact with to varying degrees.  Everyone has their favorites after all, but while her childhood was relatively mundane and boring, there was one caveat to her upbringing that should be mentioned.  It turned out that somewhere along the Black family line, an allergy to peanuts was inherited.  No one knows which side of the family it came from, but when a twelve year old Buffy came into contact with peanut dust, just the dust, she swelled up like a balloon and had to be rushed to the ER.  As a result of that childhood trauma, and the constant need to carry a pen around just in case it happened again, Buffy has broken out in fear induced hives if someone even mentions the word peanuts around her.

Beyond that though and growing up in the great city of Chicago down in Illinois, Buffy has had nothing of note happen to her.  Sure, she was used to being the center of attention because of her good looks, academic achievements which while she was never the smartest kid in her class, she always ranked in the top five consecutively, and her love for MMA and tennis, but she was never a spoiled brat or anything like that.  She was just used to a certain lifestyle from being surrounded by so much family all the time growing up, but she didn't demand it.  If anything, being alone and isolated is a good way to see her get grumpy pretty quick, but even she likes her privacy from time to time.  That and while her parents were pretty decent and treated her fairly, some of their relatives had a tendency to leave their kids with Buffy's parents, sometimes without so much as a phone call in advance, and while that didn't bother them too much since they both worked from home, it did cause more than a few episodes of family related drama.

And then the hurricane came.  While no one was killed thankfully, Buffy's mother, Martha, was left without a left leg from the knee down when a heavy cabinet was pushed down on top of her, and their house was summarily flattened.  As a result, they had to move out of Chicago since every one of their family couldn't give them a place to stay for a while, or simply couldn't be bothered to help them when they needed it.  Needless to say, they've been cut from their lives like the cockroaches they are.  Still, while moving down to MWH and the city it's a part of hadn't been in the cards, Buffy has done alright for herself although she still sends the occasional check home for her mother's physical therapy bills which has helped her father out immensely despite his protests to the contrary.  While she's taken to living with a cousin, who is away from home more than he's in town due to business related trips, Buffy is a responsible enough young adult that she's given almost free reign of his house so long as she doesn't do anything too crazy or destructive and keeps bringing in enough money to cover rent and such.  That hasn't been a problem thus far though with a part time job and her finding the MMA circuit near MWH's campus.

Miscellaneous:. Face claim is Daisy Ridley, just making a note here for future reference.

MMA gold medalist in the local Chicago circuit before joining MWH, she still keeps up a training regime though.
Occasionally sends money home from her MMA fighting she does on the side.  Surprisingly, you can make a decent amount of money in her new neighborhood as well, but she has a regular job that helps pays for the rest of her living expenses.
Used to play tennis, but gave it up once she discovered MMA
Is deathly allergic and afraid of peanuts
Buffy might not be the smartest person in the room, but she's a pretty good contender.
Loves most of her extended family and regularly calls or Skypes them whenever she can.
Cannot stand being isolated or alone for long periods of time.
Joined the boxing team for MWH shortly after school started
Grace Young has been showing her how to play the guitar.  While Buffy's no Jimmy Buffet or anything, she has an ear for the instrument and has learned a great deal thanks to her friend.

YEARBOOK
Dante Young:
Dante and his sister, Grace, opposites of the same coin, and rich as sin to boot, yet they aren't the asshole types I had expected of at least one of them.  Hell, if anything, they're more approachable than some of the kids I used to know back in Chicago, Illinois, once you get past the initial awkward introductory phase anyway.  And me, well, I know I'm too blunt and honest for my own good sometimes, so I didn't exactly make it easy on the brother, but a couple of things were working against me at the time of our first meeting.  The first and most important is that we had only moved out to MWH and the surrounding area because our house had been flattened by a damned freak occurrence in the weather that resulted in a hurricane blasting through our neighborhood, and as a result we had found out just how much certain members of our family thought of us when we were trying to get our bearings after we pulled ourselves from the rubble.  Or to be more precise, after me and my dad dragged mom out because a cabinet fell and nearly took her leg right off.  That was the worst day of our lives, and not only could none of our very extensive family help us out, but the few that could have didn't want to be bothered to lift a finger, so needless to say moving to MWH was a rough transition.  Thankfully, a cousin of mine was able to help us get situated pretty quickly, got my mom into PT to adjust to having a fake leg, and life was quick to reassert itself once the last box was unpacked.  I moved out to my cousin's place, and since he wasn't ever home, and I've always been responsible anyway, he trusted me to keep the place cleaned up and taken care of.

But to get back to the point, Dante and Grace became a part of my life when I was still reeling from all this, and add on top of the fact that I was starting a new school in a completely different state, and I wasn't exactly at my best.  Dante got the brunt of it though because I was having trouble with my English classes, and shortly after the transfer papers went through and everything, someone assigned the statue with the stick up his ass to be my tutor, and since I was in no hurry to be cut from the boxing team due to bad grades, I endured him.  That's to say, I didn't make it easy on him as he walked me through my least favorite subject, but no matter what I might have done to provoke a response from him more because I hated appearing weak in anything, living with as many cousins, nieces, and nephews as I did had been like living with a bunch of pseudo brothers and sisters that weren't there every hour of every day, but near enough it didn't matter, you learned to be the dominant, strong one pretty quick, Dante just weathered the storm like the stony face gargoyle I had likened him to.  But then I met him in the last place I had ever expected the rich prick to be, and that was during a local MMA tournament that I had signed up for.  Damn but that guy can kick some serious ass.  And he looked pretty good without a shirt too, but that was hardly important as we went a couple of rounds in the ring with both of us coming out pretty bloody and bruised with him as the winner, barely.  Son of a bitch and his Krav Maga, damn, but I gave as good as I got.  Afterwards I slowly warmed up to him, and actually made an effort to get to know him.  And while I still hated English with a passion, even before our meeting in the ring, I hadn't tried to cut out of tutoring with Dante or tried to slack off save to try and poke the bear when it got to be too much for me.

Grace Young:

Grace is another story altogether though.  While I had problems with her brother, she I warmed up to almost immediately from day one.  I met her shortly after settling into MWH, when I got lost in the school and found myself in front of the music hall, where Grace was in the middle of practicing for a future performance.  Before I knew what was going on, I wound up wandering in and she noticed me just as she and the rest of the group was finishing up, and we hit it off pretty quick after that.  Something about the girl makes her very approachable, easy to talk to, and it helps she's pretty easy on the eyes to boot, but I've always been into the soul of a person rather than how they look on the outside since good looks are fleeting and are useless in judging a person's true nature anyway.  It took a couple of conversations, and a random meeting at lunch where Grace saw me sitting alone before we started to become a regular thing together, but Grace asked me if I wanted to learn the guitar, and that was how that got started, and our friendship took off from there.  I'm nowhere near her level, or so I think anyway, but I've found I genuinely like the instrument and I'm able to pluck a song or two with minimum difficulty or having to look up the notes constantly thanks to Grace's help in that area.  She's a good teacher and a better friend than I deserve, and while she's a little looser than I'd like, that's just a consequence of being raised differently is all and not a negative in her favor.  Anyway, while I'm only a part of the school's boxing team, which means no need for a cheer squad, I've seen Grace in the crowd a couple of times, sometimes with her brother no less.  Beyond that though, the only thing of note that they've been a part of is the fact Grace and Dante were present for a peanut related incident at a shithole of a restaurant I've since gone out of my way to avoid like the plague.

To sum up a long story, the waiters fucked up my order, but thankfully Dante grabbed the offending nut before I could eat it.  So while I was having a near total breakdown in the bathroom about the same time Grace had flown up to management like a bat outta hell, Dante followed me as far as he could to the bathroom and when it became apparent that I wasn't coming out on my own, he sent Grace in after me where she found me struggling with my injection of epinenephrine.  She got me calmed down as I shook and trembled like a leaf from that very close call that thankfully hadn't required a shot, otherwise I doubt I'd be here right now telling you about it.  From there though, it became readily apparent to me that Grace and her brother were worth keeping around for the long haul, and I felt safe and trusted them enough to bring them home to meet my family, my parents first naturally.  My mother especially loved Dante although why I could never say, but my dad was all for me and Grace once he learned she was who I had been taking lessons from.  Whatever the case, we've been pretty fast and good friends since and I doubt anything could pull me, Grace, and Dante apart now.

Ai Haruno:

Ai Haruno is an interesting guy.  Hailing from across the sea, Ai came to America in a foreign exchange program around the same time my family and I moved out to New York.  Whereas I was a stranger to the state, he was a stranger to the whole damned country, so that alone got my attention and didn't make me feel quite as awkward in the school we'd be attending together.  Of course, the only reason I met was because Grace introduced us, but I had seen him in the gym a couple of times before, practicing his assorted self-defense techniques he had picked up in his homeland.  Still, as for him being some famous singer back home, I could have cared less about all that, especially since after trying out the kind of music Ai's known for, I made it no secret I wasn't a fan.  Don't get me wrong, I like Ai a fair bit, he's a nice guy, a good friend to have around especially since he's so relaxed if a bit socially awkward, and he has a pretty good singing voice, I just don't like his kind of music is all.  So no, I'm not friends with him just because he's famous.  I could care less one way or the other about his singing career, so long as he enjoys it and he's happy doing what he's doing.  Will I be attending any of his concerts though?  Nope, not a chance in Hell.  I will say this though, the little guy can fight if he had half a mind to throw his weight around.  Don't let his short, diminutive stature fool you.  For being such a calm, collected person, Ai can move pretty quick and he hits pretty hard.  Believe me I know, I've sparred with him on more than one occasion.

Arek Czeslaw Ellis:

Arek, the preppy nerd of MWH, yet despite his admittedly outdated views on a lot of things, due more to a well-meaning but religious borderline nutjob upbringing or so I like to think, he himself isn't a bad kid.  If anything, he's like that annoyingly smart little brother I never knew I wanted, or needed.  Needless to say, he's a good guy, smart, intelligent, and despite his eccentricities, I'm a fan of some of his quirky personality traits.  He's a damn science nerd, and while I'm pretty smart, he makes me look like an idiot.  That's not a bad thing in this case though, but it was established pretty quick that if he preached at me in the slightest, I'd likely punch him in the throat at least once just to shut him up.  Beyond that, we have had no issues, and while I haven't invited him to meet my family, it might be sooner rather than later if things keep going as they are.  Thus far though, we've only seen a couple of movies, seen a few concerts, and he's even gotten me into to observe some of his D&D games, which honestly weren't that bad truth be told even though I'm not a fan of the fantastical stuff he is.  But in Arek's case, it's just another of his little brotherly endearing qualities that he possesses.

Dalton Carver

Dalton Carver, one of the few people I can relate to that doesn't have a pair of boobs.  If anything, I'd almost feel safe in saying we could go further in our close friendship, but I'm comfortable with where things are right now.  Besides, he's got enough on his plate then having to worry about me as well, beyond what he does already anyway.  Since moving to New York a year ago, it didn't take much for me to find Dalton and feel almost drawn to the southern boy who lost the family farm when he was a kid.  But I didn't become his friend out of sympathy or pity, I became his friend because he's genuinely a nice guy and he's hilarious to boot.  He's got a far more positive outlook on life than most people I know, myself included, but that's not saying much in my case.  Point is, he knows a great deal about me than a lot of people can claim, save perhaps Grace and Dante, in that order, and I know just as much about him in turn.  The fact his mother's sick I've kept to myself, but he knows that if he ever needs to talk, I'd be there for him.

Juniper 'June' Renae Wrigley

The artsy tree hugger of MWH, and I mean that in the best way possible.  June's one of those friends I made strictly at school, thus far, but that's not to say I don't like her.  I do like her, she just doesn't have a lot in common with me is all.  She's more into volunteering for planting trees and rescuing animals and stuff like that, which hey, more power to her if it makes her happy, but that's not my thing is all.  I will say this about her though, after meeting her near her art class one day before a tutoring session in math and spotting one of her nearly finished projects, I have to say she's pretty good behind a brush, but her math skills are laughable.  I know, that sounds harsh, but she's made a great deal of improvement thanks to my help, so she's far from stupid.

THEME SONG: 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:33:56 PM by Vergil1989 »

LOL. Hey, I only told you it existed. I can't help it if I come up with interesting ideas! :P As for the powers, there is a list of the currently taken ones in the Opening Post, at the bottom :P

And hmm...looks like an interesting character, but you might want to narrow everything down a little. I mean, all you have right now is a description of what the various categories mean. ;)

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Bite me lol.  But I saw, I just wasn't sure if that was an updated list or not, but I'll take a second look.  I'll poke at my sheet in the meantime and see what comes up.

If your character is cute enough, Grace might take you up on that >.> But yes! Let me know when you have an actual character :P

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Lol I haven't decided on who I'm using as a Face Claim, but so far I have it that she's allergic to peanut butter, and that she just doesn't know how to back down from a challenge as far as character flaws go.  She's also psychic, haven't decided if I'm doing mind reading as well since those tend to go hand in hand with telekinesis, but they don't have to be I know.  If I did do telepathy though, it would explain why she's gone from miss smart jock who everyone knew to being somewhat antisocial because she found out most of her friends were envious of her or were simply friends because of her popularity or wanted to copy off her or whatever.  Funny how quick such friends can come and go once you know their minds, whether you like it or not lol.  If I did do telepathy as well, she'd likely be unable to turn it off without help, I don't know, what do you think?  I'll update my sheet regardless just so I don't lose anything.

Please limit it to one power; Telekinesis and Telepathy do tend to go hand in hand, but they don't actually have any necessary links. You can be one without the other, and the power scale of this game is nowhere near Marvel or DC. It is FAR more grounded, so being both telepathic AND telekinetic would be way too OP. Plus, I tend to try and avoid overtly psychic characters anyway, since being able to read minds is too open to abuse, and would need too much monitoring to make sure you were only picking up what the other players were comfortable with you picking up. And also bear in mind that this will be subject to limitations and weaknesses, too. Just remember; this is a MUCH smaller power scale, so being able to move things with your mind, fly, create shields and read minds...well, you're going to be asked to remove AT LEAST half of those.

Just get the entire thing finished and posted, and THEN I'll look at it and go through it. No point critiquing a WIP, after all. Get the first draft done and then I'll go through it properly.

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Alright, I think I'm good.  I'll make edits as I need, no problem, just let me know.

Woah, ok, first thing's first, remove the "Width" in your Image BB code, since it's stretching your FC to surreal proportions. :P

How recently 18? Did she get held back a year? Remember, these kids only just went into Senior Year, so at 18 at the start of the year she'd be in University ordinarily. :P

Telekinetic - Can use her mind to fly and manipulate objects with a simple thought.  Can create a telekinetic barrier around herself which can potentially block anything that could be thrown at it, so long as it's a physical assault, other psychics or mental abilities, or something that isn't truly physical in nature, could slip past.

Woah, ok. So, I'm assuming she can lift up herself with her telekinesis, so as long as it's slow flight - more like levitation - I'm fine with it, but due to the power scale of the game, I reckon that a forcefield would be too much. She could catch objects thrown at her in mid air, that's cool, but since this isn't Marvel or DC levels of Powerscaling, I'm gonna have to say "Stick to the picking things up, please."

She can however use her power to amplify her strikes, making her punches or kicks hit much harder than they would normally.

How? She can use her telekinesis to pick things up and throw it, but why does that extend to making her punch harder? How exactly does she use her telekinesis to do this? Bear in mind, we already have Super Strength characters, and this - again - isn't a Marvel or DC game. The power level here is MUCH lower, so this might creep into slightly OP levels.

She can also wreath objects in the same protective forcefield, allowing them to endure more punishment, or protect someone else in the same fashion at the cost of her own defense.  She can't however make a blade cut truer or sharper by using her gifts, but she can block against them just fine.  She also has to know where an object or person is to be able to do anything with it.

Again, the forcefields is being vetoed. I did say to you in the above post that you'd be asked to remove most of the versatility, since this game is about specialising, not being able to do EVERYTHING.

Has thus far only managed to hold back a single car before the train to migraine city hits her.

No. This is a Day One game, so she's literally only just gotten her powers.

Still, while moving down to MWH and the city it's a part of hadn't been in the cards, Buffy has done alright for herself although she still sends the occasional check home for her mother's physical therapy bills which has helped her father out immensely despite his protests to the contrary.

So does she work full time, then? since if she isn't being supported by a Legal Guardian, how does she have housing? Is she living with family? Further, how long has she been at MWH?

MMA gold medalist before joining MWH, she still keeps up a training regime though.

Gold Medalist.
As in, Olympics? Or just local competitions? Be careful here, she's only 18. :P

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
There we are, that should about do it.  ;D  I think the only thing I didn't include is how long she's been in the area, but I wasn't sure what to put there save perhaps she's only been in MWH for like the last month or something.  It DID help that you told me this was a 'Day One' affair, so that helped.  Anyway, I'll make any further edits if I need to, but I think you'll like what I have.  See ya!

All characters need to have been at MWH for at least a year, to properly meet everybody and form some connections. I'm unclear about American gradings, but since she only turned 18 a month ago, wouldn't that put her at University age? Like, the year above?

Also, what's the range of her Telekinetic abilities? What's her starting limit in size, and what's her "Mastery" Maximum? How many objects can she lift at once? Can she lift people up? Can she operate fine controls at a distance, like pulling levers in different directions, or is it more of a hammer than a scalpel?

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
I don't like playing characters under the age of eighteen if I can help it, it's just a personal thing, but I could have had her held back a year due to health issues or something, not a big deal if that helps.  As for what she can do in detail, I'll add a bit more to that, not a big deal.  ;D  The general rule though is that if she can see it coming, she can likely block it or at least redirect it is what I'm thinking, so bullets might be a problem since the human eye can't see such a fast moving object lol.  But throwing a concrete block in front of her or a metal sheet or something wouldn't be that hard for her.  If we're talking car sized though, that might be a problem, at least for a while.  I DO love how they portrayed telekinetics during the movie Chronicle, even if the movie itself was pretty bleh.   As for just HOW MUCH she could move around in terms of a Mastery, I'm not sure.

Would you mind writing out the answers in a new post before you add them, so I can be certain I've seen them and approved the answers? Ta! :D

Anywho, I would say put a range limit on it, just to be certain, and a mass / weight limit would be helpful. Remember, this is a Day One, so her powers are gonna start out weak and grow in strength. So is there a limit to how fast an object she can stop? Like, if it's moving a certain speed, she can't physically stop it? Likewise, the weight and size? Basically, I need you to suggest some Hard Limits that will then grow as her powers increase. :-)

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Alright, and I DID put in a couple videos to show off what I was thinking she'd be capable in a spoiler tag called Examples.  Moving cars around would be a bit much for her right now I imagine, but moving something as small as Legos, baseballs, stuff like that?  No problem whatsoever I wager, and it would be a good mental exercise to manipulate small objects in such a manner.  As for manipulating levers and stuff like that?  I figure she can do that too, IF she knows what it is she's trying to move if she can't see it in her line of sight.  So the stick shift in a car, that's one thing, something she'd be familiar with and be able to move without too much trouble or hassle.  Generally speaking though, I think her range is as far as she can see without any added equipment like a pair of binoculars or the scope on a gun or something, so....what that's about a hundred feet, two hundred?  Basically the edge of human vision work well enough for you Tanner?  ;D

Eeeeh...I would say, if she is doing more precise movement, she needs to see what she's doing in order to do it to best effect. How would she know where to move it and by how much, after all?

And I would prefer a hard number. Maybe only ten or so feet to begin with, growing to a hard Max of one hundred feet?

And what do you mean by "Car size?" Smart Car, or Mustang?

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Ah alright that makes sense for precise movements, and if we're talking max sized, then it'd probably safer to say something along the lines of a Mustang rather than a smart car.  But a hundred feet sounds good to me, so I can handle that.  But cool, alright, I'll make those edits real quick and go from there.  Sorry for the trouble Tanner.

Nah, it's cool! Everybody has to make tweaks to their bio ^_^ So...I think that's it! Make any final edits you want to make, then let me know. I'll take one last look and, provided I don't find anything that makes me go "Woah, stop, stop stop," you'll be ready to move onto the Yearbook phase! :D

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
And there, that ought to do it I do believe.  ;D  Have fun and again, thanks for the help Tanner.  ;D

Ok! Send me the BBCode for the bio so I can post it to the Character thread, then go introduce yourself in the OOC's! Then I need you to start PMing players about your Yearbook...basically, start chatting to people about how your characters met, what their relationship is like, any important shared events, how they act around each other, etc etc, then format that into a basic "Glossary Entry" on their relationship. If you need examples, each one of the Bios in the character thread has one attached to it. :-)

This IS compulsory, and you won't be allowed to enter the IC until at least half of it is completed. :-)

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Will do.  ;D  And I've seen the others have a Yearbook thing in their sections, but I'll do my best.  See ya soon then.  ;D

You shall indeed!

Offline Blackjack

Okay! I'm in!

NAME: Miranda Kenson

SEX: Female

APPEARANCE: See there --->

ORIENTATION: Bi-sexual

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: So single, she’s thinking of dating Ben and/or Jerry

TYPE: Nerdy artist type. Would spend a lot of time on DeviantArt or Tumblr if not for her love of the outside.

POWER THEME: Geokinesis. Can manipulate the earth, use her powers to stop earthquakes or volcanoes if needed to. However, so far she can only manage it on small spaces, such as half of a football field. She can only do it when focusing intently on it as well. At her maximum potential, without any extra strain such as buildings on top of the ground, Miranda will be able to shake and lift/drop a space of 30 feet squared. With extra weight, it would depend on what it is. She can make the ground lift/drop but she would not be able to lift it up and use it as a projectile. She could certainly manage tremors with no problem, with actual quakes, she would be able to manage 5-6 on the richter scale while focusing intensely on it. With her starting, she will be able to manage breaking and shaking a handful of dirt and with some practice she would be able to manipulate a space of a couple of feet squared.

CHARACTER FLAW: The more space she clears/modifies, the more exhausted she gets. As an example, could easily break a handful of dirt with no real issue, but as the size increases, the more fatigue sets in. After she’s finished, she becomes hungry, sleepy and can become disorientated if she used her skills to abnormal levels. If pushed too far, Miranda runs the risk of fainting, collapsing or suffering through an aneurysm.

BIOGRAPHY: Miranda was born to two loving parents who would always shower her with exactly what she needed to ensure she was happy. This was mostly to keep Miranda from prying too much into what her parents were doing. Likely that her mother, a high ranking doctor in the city. Miranda had always wondered why her mother was never around and had always put it down to the fact that her mom had a high powered job in the city. It wasn’t until she hit the middle of her teenage years that she realised her mother had cheated on her father and almost nine months later, Miranda had been born. She is a smart cookie and very quickly realised that she shared none of her father’s features. The originally blonde-headed girl then dyed her hair bright orange to further cement herself as the red-headed stepchild of the family.

Miranda grew up around the local boys and as such, grew up interested in motorcross and fixing up her bike and other mechanical things. She grew up with a wealth of knowledge as to how to fix anything that had gears or some sort of electrical interface. Miranda worked her way through the middle school before finally being accepted into Malcolm Wheeler High, where she now studies the English language, art and some sports too. Shy, Miranda tends to keep herself buried in her books and while she’d happily ask a question or two in class, she’s never fond of being at the front of class and often dislikes the idea of doing presentations.

Looking to get away from her home for a bit, Miranda gleefully signed up to the winter ski trip, unsure of just how it would affect her from then on.

Miscellaneous:

Clubs: Drama, AV and Dungeons and Dragons.
Part time job: Delivery driver for local take-out pizza place
Plays PC a lot, wants to be a twitch streamer so she never has to get an actual job.

THEME SONG:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:51:43 PM by Blackjack »