You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 12:50:01 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 18330 times)

Offline Cuchulainn

Hello first off I apologise both for my spelling errors and that this isn't a full bio. On my phone and holiday(working/volunteer) so limited time and internet.

Still I'd like to state my interest in a character with the face claim Cole Monahan, born to a wealthy family but a complete adrenaline junkie waster spending his days getting high and surfing, work part time at a river adventure company just because he enjoys it not for the money. Quite intelligent but only studies things he's interested in and so his grades range from above average to very poor.

Power wise I was thinking gravitational control and I saw two ways this could work.

First:he can make things near by him heavier or lighter kind of like increasing or decreasing the mass. Rooting people to the spot, making things float, he can't move them just make them lighter and there would be limits. For example he can't move things, only make lighter and heavier. He wouldn't be strong enough to say crush a person but could say make some one pass out from the strain or root then to the spot. To keep up the effect would require considerable effort and concentration. As for the lighter aspect what do you think, lighter than air to much ? What about to hover is he jumped first? Range I was thinking 20-30 minutes, restricted to one or  two full size adult but could do multiple items up to 5 provided the mass is lower. Also can only do multiple objects if applying the same effect so increasing the mass to a certain degree or lowering it to a certain degree. This would mean if applying it to two items the one who is less effected due to their original weight might not rise at all.
The drawbacks would be limited use, concentration to maintain the effect, physically draining to use so not something to just be thrown around whenever. And has to be in his line if sight.

The second: For this idea I changed it slightly in that he could great a gravitational field between two objects either attractive or repulsive.
The limitations and drawbacks to this would be :
Physically draining, again the power would tire him as he uses it, so causing this effect for a split second would tire him but to maintain it would require him to strain himself.
Requires his concentration to use, the effects being created by force of will almost so near unable to use when his mind isn't focused.

The strength of the attraction or repulsion is affected by distance. The greater the distance the more force is required which would mean both greater concentration and more energy from him.,

It doesn't negate gravity and so to create an affect that counteracts it, like attracting someone to the ceiling would require a greater effort.

With regards to the tiredness effect I would say the likes of causing 4 people to slam into the ground due to gravitational attraction would be him near passing out from exhaustion, ragged breath, beating heart, etc.

If you think things should be tweaked or limitations made even greater let me know. Shall start working on a bio when I get back which is monday

Offline TheBlackThrone

Well hey there, BlackThrone! Thanks for the character submission :-) As per usual for me, I'll be hitting the powerset first :-)

So what is the lowest he can "Chill" his body to? What does it "cost" him to do? Are there any limitations or drawbacks to this? Similarly, how high is his maximum body temperature, if he's always cold?

The lowest recorded temperature on earth is -128.6 degree F (-89.2 C). Since ice is coating his body, I'm going to make the lowest temperature his body temperature can reach is the freezing point of water, which is 32 F (0 C). It will explain how he is able to coat himself in ice. As for the highest, we can say 73 degrees F (22 C). To use "Chill," it requires him to be hydrated (in the case that there is no moisture in the atmosphere) or to freeze the surrounding moisture in the air. The latter requires less work, cost, and energy. The former would sacrifice his body's own water to do and thus lead him closer to dehydration.

So no matter how cold it gets, he's unaffected?

No; you brought up a good question. Since he can only freeze water at sub zero, to go any lower would require him to turn into ice, which he doesn't have that ability at the moment.

That is going to have to be changed. What you've basically said here is that he's super cold and his power is based on ice...but he's immune to extremely high temperatures as well, which negates the obvious weakness / limitation that such a character would have. This needs to be altered; if you want a Cryokinetic character, he has to be vulnerable to extremely HIGH temperatures, especially given your statement that dehydration could be an issue for him. I would be happy to say that he can keep cool by constant use of his power, BUT it requires him using moisture (in that scenario, likely from his body) at an increased rate, but him just being basically immune to it? No.

I didn't say he was immune to high temperatures. I said that he can keep cool in desert temperatures, but we discussed about the frigid temperatures already so we know he can't handle below 0. Keeping cool in the desert is not immune to desert temperatures. It causes him to sweat profusely, thus the cooling affect, but like any normal person it would require him to stay hydrated. I also stated that he sweats more than the average person when in desert temperatures and thus will need to consume more water than the average person .

What's the range of this ability? How much can he manipulate at a time? What can he do with this moisture; basic shapes, or complex constructs? Can he manipulate it after its frozen, or can he only change THAT it freezes?

I would say that he can only make pillars, walls, blocks, and platforms. Basic shapes. I wouldn't say anything complex such as houses or etc. Not at this point in the game. If by manipulate you mean change its shape after its solidified, I'll say no. If by manipulate, you mean move it in some sort of fashion besides manual human labor, then I'll say no.

So what happens if he happens to completely dehydrate himself? Or if he ends up in an area that has a temperature too high for him to handle? Is his "Maximum comfortable temperature" lower than everybody elses?

Dehydration is dehydration. What happens when you dehydrate? You risk heat exhaustion, stroke, etc. As far as the maximum comfortable temperature, since his body temperature is 73 (as decided in my earlier response), anything above 73 would be hot weather to him. I will say the temperature gets uncomfortable for him after 80 degrees, and he can survive up to 90 with a water source. Without a water source, he's a heat casualty.

This seems odd, considering that you haven't specified that it requires the use of moisture, though everything else he can do does. Does this require him to use his own internal moisture - which would be cooler than his surroundings - to change the surrounding temperature? Also, I do have a small issue with this in that the rest of his abilities - again - seem to rely on the manipulation of the moisture in the air rather than the air itself, and this is pure air control if he can manipulate air currents. This seems to be straddling two different powers, so I'm not sure I'm sold on him being able to cool down the air around him without manipulating his own moisture. If he cools the moisture around him, then fine...but that obviously comes with limitations like "If there's no moisture in the air around him and he wants to cool the area down, he has to maintain it with his own internal moisture rather than just pushing the warm currents away."

I wasn't intending for him to come off as though he was controlling the air because he doesn't do that. He freezes the moisture in the air. The air phenomenon is a result of natural thermodynamics.

I do notice that you haven't really specified any limitations or weaknesses to his power and abilities, so if you could specify those, that would be good, thanks. :-)

If he is using his own water to use his abilities, then he is going to need to replace that water. If he's using water already in the air, then he doesn't have to worry about dehydration, but he still gets tired. I feel if he was ever required to make multiple constructs since that requires a lot of energy to even do, he would be exhausted. If I need to specify an exact limit of constructs, I'll say three at most and they are no taller than ten feet tall and five feet wide. Thickness depends on the shape, but for diameters I suppose five feet as well.

Also, why is his "Favourite Hat" under "Flaws?"

Because it's an emotional item that if lost, destroyed, or probably even washed lol would trigger an emotional response.

Online Vergil TannerTopic starter

Cuchulainn:

Okey dokey, well thank you for the interest!

As I've said to some others, I can't do a review of your bio without a full bio, so whilst I can say that Gravitational Manipulation is perfectly acceptable with the appropriate limitations and tweaks, I need to see your full bio and then have an extended dialogue with you about it. Therefore, I think it best for me to hold off on a critique of the power until you've had a chance to get a full bio worked out.

If you're on holiday with limited access, then me critiquing the power extensively now won't help, since it requires a constant back and forth chat that you won't be able to participate in until Monday anyway. So...I shall look at your full bio when it's completed and critique it, but at this point, there's no point other than to say that Gravitational Manipulation is fine and dandy so long as we talk about limitations and weaknesses and whatnot....which we can't do until you get back. So when you get back, draw up a full Concept Bio and I will look at that with you in-thread when you're around and we have a full concept bio to work with. :-)

BlackThrone:

The lowest recorded temperature on earth is -128.6 degree F (-89.2 C). Since ice is coating his body, I'm going to make the lowest temperature his body temperature can reach is the freezing point of water, which is 32 F (0 C). It will explain how he is able to coat himself in ice. As for the highest, we can say 73 degrees F (22 C). To use "Chill," it requires him to be hydrated (in the case that there is no moisture in the atmosphere) or to freeze the surrounding moisture in the air. The latter requires less work, cost, and energy. The former would sacrifice his body's own water to do and thus lead him closer to dehydration.

And what would happen to him when he hits that point of dehydration? The same that happens to all humans? Plus, what IS the energy cost for cooling the surrounding air?

No; you brought up a good question. Since he can only freeze water at sub zero, to go any lower would require him to turn into ice, which he doesn't have that ability at the moment.

Ok, so what would happen to him if the temperature were to drop below 32F? Would he be negatively affected, as if a normal human was suddenly exposed to Sub Zero temperatures? He'd obviously be affected LESS, but would it be comparable to if a human started reaching "uncomfortably low" temperatures?

I didn't say he was immune to high temperatures. I said that he can keep cool in desert temperatures, but we discussed about the frigid temperatures already so we know he can't handle below 0. Keeping cool in the desert is not immune to desert temperatures. It causes him to sweat profusely, thus the cooling affect, but like any normal person it would require him to stay hydrated. I also stated that he sweats more than the average person when in desert temperatures and thus will need to consume more water than the average person.

Any questions I might have are answered below.

I would say that he can only make pillars, walls, blocks, and platforms. Basic shapes. I wouldn't say anything complex such as houses or etc. Not at this point in the game. If by manipulate you mean change its shape after its solidified, I'll say no. If by manipulate, you mean move it in some sort of fashion besides manual human labor, then I'll say no.

Ok, so he can form it from the air, but beyond that, he has to use physical labour to manipulate it further?

As far as the maximum comfortable temperature, since his body temperature is 73 (as decided in my earlier response), anything above 73 would be hot weather to him. I will say the temperature gets uncomfortable for him after 80 degrees, and he can survive up to 90 with a water source. Without a water source, he's a heat casualty.

As mentioned above, this answers my question.
Is he more susceptible to, for example, fire than an ordinary human?

I wasn't intending for him to come off as though he was controlling the air because he doesn't do that. He freezes the moisture in the air. The air phenomenon is a result of natural thermodynamics.

So he can't cool the air if there is no moisture in his immediate area (or at the least, very little)?
How far can he cool the air around him, then? I assume it's a higher temperature than if he were focusing on a small, specific part of the air, since his power is more focused in that small area than the larger one? I also assume that cooling a larger area requires more time effort and the larger said area gets and the lower the target temperature is?

If he is using his own water to use his abilities, then he is going to need to replace that water. If he's using water already in the air, then he doesn't have to worry about dehydration, but he still gets tired. I feel if he was ever required to make multiple constructs since that requires a lot of energy to even do, he would be exhausted. If I need to specify an exact limit of constructs, I'll say three at most and they are no taller than ten feet tall and five feet wide. Thickness depends on the shape, but for diameters I suppose five feet as well.

It might be useful to specify a "Round Size," of - for example - 30ft tall. Then, he could either do three 10's, two 15's, one 30, etc etc. That way you're not locked into ONLY three structures regardless of size, and get room to play around and experiment - and think up clever solutions - and still have limitations placed on you. These "Total Limitations" would increase as he got stronger, obviously.

Because it's an emotional item that if lost, destroyed, or probably even washed lol would trigger an emotional response.

May want to specify that he gets angry or defensive over the hat; the way it's phrased at the moment makes it seem like liking the hat itself is a flaw :P I mean, no matter how ugly the hat may be, I don't think it's ugly enough to warrant being categorised as a flaw in and of itself :P

Offline This One

No, again, I think you're misunderstanding.

What I'm saying is that in addition to the emotional response, I would expect - at the beginning at least - for there to be a physical consequence as well.

You've said that your character can experience what his clone experiences; he sees what he sees, he hears what he hears, he feels what the clone touches, smells what the clone smells, etc etc, and that their brains are linked, suggesting come level of either transmission of cognitive thought, or sharing of will and intent. Now, you haven't specified whether the clones have their own agency, or if they share a single "brain" that directs each of the clones individually - so they are basically extensions of his will rather than true, independent, sentient beings - but I'm assuming that the latter is the case. That is, they all share a mind and that the other two clones act according to the originals will, in a sense.

That being said.

They share senses, they share thoughts, they share feelings. They are linked, mentally. Not quite a Hive Mind, perhaps, but close enough for it to be comparable.

You've also said that they share pain; if one of them stubs their toe, or punches something hard or breaks a bone, the other clones feel it. Muted, perhaps, and not as severe but they still feel a sharp pain as part of their empathic link.

You also say - or at the least, seem to have implied - that they don't feel the pain of the death, or experience a sharp physical sensation as one of their linked number dies? That's a pretty major event, usually painful in some way, and since the brain is experiencing braindeath, you would expect the other linked brains to get some amount of feedback from that sensation of suddenly not being there any more.

So how do you reconcile that lack of feedback or empathic resonance when it comes to death with the fact that they can feel when the other members are injured?

You don't get to have it both ways. If they can feel injury and get a negative physical impact from it, surely they also get a negative physical impact from experiencing death second hand. As I said, I am more than happy for that effect to numb over time as he gets more and more used to the sensations and his brain gets better at shutting it out, but for the first few deaths at least, I would expect some kind of actual, physical feedback from the empathic link suddenly being snapped and the last sensations from this clone being one of pain, then complete braindeath. Or even, if it's a slow death, gradual braindeath.

So, I ask more specifically:

Is there any physical impact from one of the clones dying in the same vein as them feeling a pain in their arm should one of their number break their wrist?

Basically, is there any physical negative feedback from the "Death" on top of the pain of whatever killed the clone?

Before I write out a reply I wanted to know if you were asking for "balance" reasons or if you were just trying to flesh out the mechanics of his cloning. It is important that I know before I write it out.

Both. :-)

I'm asking as a fleshing out of his Cloning Mechanics since this sort of thing - especially given that you outright state that your plan is for his clones to become meatshields - needs to be specified beforehand so I have a standard to hold you to. Same for everybody else.

In terms of balance, I'm just not comfortable with the idea of him being able to send his clones to their repeated deaths with absolutely no negative consequences, when given everything else you've said about how it works, it doesn't make sense for him not to be hit by actual physical feedback.

Offline TheBlackThrone

BlackThrone:

And what would happen to him when he hits that point of dehydration? The same that happens to all humans? Plus, what IS the energy cost for cooling the surrounding air?

If he hits the point of dehydration, he would respond as any human would when dehydrated. I made updates/edits to the CS so that everything we discuss is constantly being updated so I won't have to go through all this information after and do it. I decided to just delete "Chill" in its entirety because it was touching on the law of thermodynamics, and I don't feel like explaining that. I can't say that I agree that if a character had "aeropowers" that they would be able to heat up the air or freeze the air because temperature relies on the speeding up and slowing down of particles. With Bryce being a cryokinetic, he could have slowed down the particles in the air by freezing them (not solid just until they were moving slowly because solid makes ice!), thus creating the chill. I am just going to leave this as a skill he can learn later because I just really do not want to deal with it right now.

Ok, so what would happen to him if the temperature were to drop below 32F? Would he be negatively affected, as if a normal human was suddenly exposed to Sub Zero temperatures? He'd obviously be affected LESS, but would it be comparable to if a human started reaching "uncomfortably low" temperatures?

He would start undergoing the same effects a human would: hypothermia, frostbite, chills, etc. Maybe even freeze completely solid depending on how cold it gets.

Any questions I might have are answered below.

Ok, so he can form it from the air, but beyond that, he has to use physical labour to manipulate it further?

He forms the constructs by freezing the moisture in the air. As the construct is being formed, he molds it into the shape desired until it completely solidifies. The physical labor would be if he formed a sphere and wanted to push it, if it doesn't just start rolling or sliding on its own due to gravity/force. I do know something we have to discuss because his "Freeze" ability can be used to freeze others.

As mentioned above, this answers my question.
Is he more susceptible to, for example, fire than an ordinary human?

I would say he's slightly more susceptible such as burning easily but nothing extreme because he's still human. I will say that susceptibility will change as he becomes more adept in his powers. As he becomes better at them, there will be a point where he will be able to turn into ice, and then if you asked me that question, I would respond, "Absolutely" because now he knows how to adopt the same exact properties of ice.

So he can't cool the air if there is no moisture in his immediate area (or at the least, very little)?
How far can he cool the air around him, then? I assume it's a higher temperature than if he were focusing on a small, specific part of the air, since his power is more focused in that small area than the larger one? I also assume that cooling a larger area requires more time effort and the larger said area gets and the lower the target temperature is?

Yeah, I decided to delete this power because I didn't feel like getting into the law of thermodynamics. I didn't mention a larger area because he wasn't capable of freezing a larger area. But I don't feel like going into classroom dimensions or hallway dimensions to detail how much he could freeze. If there was moisture in the air, then the effort wouldn't have been that much. If there wasn't, then it would take more effort. I don't think effort can be measured. If you have a way of measuring effort, let me know.

It might be useful to specify a "Round Size," of - for example - 30ft tall. Then, he could either do three 10's, two 15's, one 30, etc etc. That way you're not locked into ONLY three structures regardless of size, and get room to play around and experiment - and think up clever solutions - and still have limitations placed on you. These "Total Limitations" would increase as he got stronger, obviously.

I'll do that then.

May want to specify that he gets angry or defensive over the hat; the way it's phrased at the moment makes it seem like liking the hat itself is a flaw :P I mean, no matter how ugly the hat may be, I don't think it's ugly enough to warrant being categorised as a flaw in and of itself :P

Made that correction.

Offline This One

In regards to balance he is directly countered by a little less than half the approved characters, and the resident speedster can knock out (And in all reality probably kill because of the speed he's moving) both of his clones in less than a second if they are both standing on opposite sides of his max range with him having no way of responding. His downside is that he eats as much as your average high school wrestler (Which leads to some fun eating habits after you're done by the way.) Of the remainder the only one's he can actually do anything too have powers themes like astral projection and talking to animals, and in those cases he would win merely because he is an in shape fairly large guy who knows how to fight.

I know the theme of the game is about the player characters coming together against strange things happening around them, and not about player conflict, but I'm hoping this shows that as it stands Jason is actually behind in terms of relative power.

In regards to plan meatshield and repeated inhuming (I got tired of constantly typing death) of his clones: The idea has been brought up twice The first time as a joke based on a movie:
It's like the bard scene from the Gamers 2 except played completely straight

The second was in regard to events of narrative weight:
I mean, seeing yourself die wouldn't be the best thing in the world for your emotional growth, and using yourself as expendable shields for your friends would lead to some major self image issues.
To prevent him from just spamming clones he has a hard limit of three bodies, which so far neither of us have said anything about increasing, and the fact that once a clone dies it still counts as one of those three bodies until it is reabsorbed. So unless he runs over to that dead body and touches it to reabsorb it, he can not pop out another clone.

Also, I think there was a misunderstanding with how the clones work. You seem to think that there are three minds sending information between each other to stay in sync. As I said earlier this is not the case. A closer analogy would be a computer controlling drones. The drones(His clones) send back information to the computer (His soul/nebulous cloud of consciousness whatever you want to call it) which then sends commands out to his clones. Destroying a drone does not suddenly cause part of their controlling computer to catch fire. In the same way "brain death" wouldn't cause damage to the other hims because the transmitter (To stretch this metaphor) has been destroyed. This leads to the other downsides of one of his bodies dying which I will list here
When one of his clones dies he experiences a series of "echoes"~~~TLDR causes distraction, missteps, additional clumsiness and temporary problems with being well coordinated because commands are being sent to the wrong body

He can also experience a sort of phantom body syndrome~~~ TLDR: He keeps feeling sensations that he expected his dead body to keep feeling. Like real world phantom limb syndrome which was mentioned at least three posts above the one I pulled this quote from.

However I get the feeling that you're probably not going to accept a person who creates persistent clones, so I've re-written it to make him closer to "generic person whose stronger and faster than normal" with enough of a twist that hopefully it'll stay interesting and keep some small way in line with what I had been imagining.

*New* Power Theme: Jason creates two clones who exist for exactly five seconds unless they are destroyed earlier than that. These clones do not share sensation or senses and act off of his goals from before the split. At the end of these five seconds all three bodies combine into a clone of his choosing, and for each living clone he is given a small boost in strength, speed, and reaction time that lasts for five seconds. He can't re-split into his individual clones until after that temporary upgrade expires. All corpses disappear when his bodies re-combine to make the janitors job easier.

If all three bodies survive his strength/speed is peak of humanity for 5 seconds.

If only two survive he's at a decently well trained athlete for 5 seconds.

If only one body survives he's just plain vanilla him for 5 seconds.

If no bodies survive he's dead for more than just 5 seconds.

Flaws: He gains no extra durability during this time.

His clones are always and forever just at his base level of ability.

The process that lets him choose which body he combines into (Which includes a playback of what happened to each body) only works for whichever of him are still alive, so he can't send a one of him (If he'd agree to do that anyways) to sacrifice himself and scout things out that way.

His split lasts for exactly five seconds every single time. He can't end it early if he needs the enhanced abilities earlier than that, so it's easy to plan around if someone is intelligent.

Power Growth: In the future he might be able to spawn more clones, which would lead to an increase in strength, speed, and reflexes in his five second window of empowerment.

The Black Throne:

If he hits the point of dehydration, he would respond as any human would when dehydrated. I made updates/edits to the CS so that everything we discuss is constantly being updated so I won't have to go through all this information after and do it. I decided to just delete "Chill" in its entirety because it was touching on the law of thermodynamics, and I don't feel like explaining that. I can't say that I agree that if a character had "aeropowers" that they would be able to heat up the air or freeze the air because temperature relies on the speeding up and slowing down of particles. With Bryce being a cryokinetic, he could have slowed down the particles in the air by freezing them (not solid just until they were moving slowly because solid makes ice!), thus creating the chill. I am just going to leave this as a skill he can learn later because I just really do not want to deal with it right now.

*shrug* If that's what you want. Before the power develops, though, we'll have to discuss exactly how it works.

He forms the constructs by freezing the moisture in the air. As the construct is being formed, he molds it into the shape desired until it completely solidifies. The physical labor would be if he formed a sphere and wanted to push it, if it doesn't just start rolling or sliding on its own due to gravity/force. I do know something we have to discuss because his "Freeze" ability can be used to freeze others.

That's about what I thought, yeah.

And yes. Yes, we DEFINITELY need to go into that. Would you mind elaborating please? :-)

I would say he's slightly more susceptible such as burning easily but nothing extreme because he's still human. I will say that susceptibility will change as he becomes more adept in his powers. As he becomes better at them, there will be a point where he will be able to turn into ice, and then if you asked me that question, I would respond, "Absolutely" because now he knows how to adopt the same exact properties of ice.

Fair enough. Though I would expect him to be more susceptible to the heat of the flames...turning into ice would have to be discussed before you brought it in, of course, but I have no real objection to it in principal. :-)

I'll do that then.

What limits are you thinking of starting with, and what's the Hard Cap on where they'll end?

This One:

I have no issue with persistent clones; if I did, I would have said so already. In fact, I can think of several fun ways to include them in upcoming plots and whatnot. No, the only thing I was getting at was that I want the death of one of the clones to have more of a negative impact than "It makes the remainder a bit clumsy," because since he's using their senses, he would experience their death and that would be more than a little jarring, I would think.

It's up to you. If you want Persistent clones, you can have them. I just want a bit more of a consequence for death, since...well, this is a lighthearted game, so death would ideally not be dealt with in every single plot. :P

But it's up to you. Which power theme do you want to go with?

Offline TheBlackThrone

The Black Throne:

*shrug* If that's what you want. Before the power develops, though, we'll have to discuss exactly how it works.

That's about what I thought, yeah.

And yes. Yes, we DEFINITELY need to go into that. Would you mind elaborating please? :-)

He can freeze people by freezing the moisture in the air around them or freezing the moisture found in their own bodies. I find it to be dangerous, but I figure if he knows how to do it to himself, then he knows how to do it to others. The only issue is that other people don't have an affinity to ice like he does, so they won't like it. But because Bryce is a sensible human being with morals, I don't see him freezing anyone using their own body water due to that being quite lethal. I see him as one being afraid to kill people, and if the enemies we face aren't humans, then that will make his life easier. But if he were fighting someone in a dry atmosphere, I suppose he could use his own water to freeze them by forming an ice shell around them. But I'm just letting you know, he is capable of freezing around an enemy to contain the enemy in ice and the water found in an enemy, which would freeze from the inside out. The most lethal way of freezing someone.

Fair enough. Though I would expect him to be more susceptible to the heat of the flames...turning into ice would have to be discussed before you brought it in, of course, but I have no real objection to it in principal. :-)

What limits are you thinking of starting with, and what's the Hard Cap on where they'll end?

Dehydration
Temperatures exceeding 73 degrees F
Human Weaknesses

That's all I got because I haven't said anything to make him inhuman. I'm sure 90% of the characters in this game can be gunned down or die from a grenade if caught at the right time. So...nobody is playing gods/demigods in this game to write an extensive list of limits/weaknesses when humans die very easily already.

Offline This One

We'll go with the new one

TheBlackThrone:

He can freeze people by freezing the moisture in the air around them or freezing the moisture found in their own bodies. I find it to be dangerous, but I figure if he knows how to do it to himself, then he knows how to do it to others. The only issue is that other people don't have an affinity to ice like he does, so they won't like it. But because Bryce is a sensible human being with morals, I don't see him freezing anyone using their own body water due to that being quite lethal. I see him as one being afraid to kill people, and if the enemies we face aren't humans, then that will make his life easier. But if he were fighting someone in a dry atmosphere, I suppose he could use his own water to freeze them by forming an ice shell around them. But I'm just letting you know, he is capable of freezing around an enemy to contain the enemy in ice and the water found in an enemy, which would freeze from the inside out. The most lethal way of freezing someone.

Eeeeeh....not so sure I'm comfortable with that, since the only thing stopping him from just "Icing" everybody (terrible pun hardeharhar) is his morals, and morals can be broken. I'm fine with him being able to freeze the area around somebody to trap them temporarily, but I'd have to say a hard No to being able to freeze the moisture inside another person, from the inside out.

Dehydration
Temperatures exceeding 73 degrees F
Human Weaknesses

I also kinda meant the "Round Limitations" that we talked about; height, weight, width, etc etc of the structures he can make.

This One:

Ok, fair enough. Was there anything you wanted to add or expand on in relation to his power? As it stands, it does seem a little...underpowered, as it were, compared to some of the rest of the cast.

Offline TheBlackThrone

TheBlackThrone:

Eeeeeh....not so sure I'm comfortable with that, since the only thing stopping him from just "Icing" everybody (terrible pun hardeharhar) is his morals, and morals can be broken. I'm fine with him being able to freeze the area around somebody to trap them temporarily, but I'd have to say a hard No to being able to freeze the moisture inside another person, from the inside out.

Then we can save that for later? Because it seems like an ability he will learn inevitably if he develops his skills. Human morals governs the game. Good characters can become bad and Bad good. You're already leaving it up to human morals.

I also kinda meant the "Round Limitations" that we talked about; height, weight, width, etc etc of the structures he can make.

I was just going to use the 30ft rule you suggested. I still need to edit that in.

Then we can save that for later? Because it seems like an ability he will learn inevitably if he develops his skills. Human morals governs the game. Good characters can become bad and Bad good. You're already leaving it up to human morals.

Mmmm...still no, I'm afraid. I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of him being able to - if he wanted - instantly kill somebody by freezing from the inside out. That's a pretty major ability in general, and a bit too...I dunno. It feels a touch OP for the power scale of the game. So...still a Hard No, I'm afraid. It MIGHT happen as a "Mastery Level" power, but at this moment in time, it's going to be a Veto on that aspect of his power.

I was just going to use the 30ft rule you suggested. I still need to edit that in.

Well, that was just an example. Considering the Day One nature of this game, that seems a touch extreme considering how weak everybody elses starts. I would say maybe 5 - 10 feet at the start, then after a week or so of use, it goes up to 20 - 25, then grows steadily from there up to a Hard Max of maybe 50?

Offline TheBlackThrone

Mmmm...still no, I'm afraid. I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of him being able to - if he wanted - instantly kill somebody by freezing from the inside out. That's a pretty major ability in general, and a bit too...I dunno. It feels a touch OP for the power scale of the game. So...still a Hard No, I'm afraid. It MIGHT happen as a "Mastery Level" power, but at this moment in time, it's going to be a Veto on that aspect of his power.

Well, that was just an example. Considering the Day One nature of this game, that seems a touch extreme considering how weak everybody elses starts. I would say maybe 5 - 10 feet at the start, then after a week or so of use, it goes up to 20 - 25, then grows steadily from there up to a Hard Max of maybe 50?

That's all fine. I'm basically adding what you're going to allow.

Okey dokey. Once that's all added and edited, re-post it here for me to have a quick re-look at and pick out anything I missed the first time round and we can go from there. :-)

Offline TheBlackThrone

Okey dokey. Once that's all added and edited, re-post it here for me to have a quick re-look at and pick out anything I missed the first time round and we can go from there. :-)

All right; I'll get around to that in a few hours. I got to head out for awhile.

No problem, in your own time :-)

Offline This One

It should be good. I can edit the new power into his profile

Edit: Added one thing to miscellaneous
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:16:55 PM by This One »

Offline This One

NAME: Jason Tavner

SEX: Male, Male, and Male

APPEARANCE:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Except you know... With normal eyes

ORIENTATION: Most probably straight

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

TYPE: Nerds/book geeks

*New* Power Theme: Jason creates two clones who exist for exactly five seconds unless they are destroyed earlier than that. These clones do not share sensation or senses and act off of his goals from before the split. At the end of these five seconds all three bodies combine into a clone of his choosing, and for each living clone he is given a small boost in strength, speed, and reaction time that lasts for five seconds. He can't re-split into his individual clones until after that temporary upgrade expires. All corpses disappear when his bodies re-combine to make the janitors job easier.

If all three bodies survive his strength/speed is peak of humanity for 5 seconds.

If only two survive he's at a decently well trained athlete for 5 seconds.

If only one body survives he's just plain vanilla him for 5 seconds.

If no bodies survive he's dead for more than just 5 seconds.

Power Flaws: He gains no extra durability during this time.

His clones are always and forever just at his base level of ability.

The process that lets him choose which body he combines into (Which includes a playback of what happened to each body) only works for whichever of him are still alive, so he can't send a one of him (If he'd agree to do that anyways) to sacrifice himself and scout things out that way.

His split lasts for exactly five seconds every single time. He can't end it early if he needs the enhanced abilities earlier than that, so it's easy to plan around if someone is intelligent.

Power Growth: In the future he might be able to spawn more clones, which would lead to an increase in strength, speed, and reflexes in his five second window of empowerment.

CHARACTER FLAW: Despite trying to fit into the geekier cliques alot of his  extracurricular activities tends toward the physical, so except for a few close friends most people in school tend to see him as a "fake" trying to cash in on nerd culture's sudden popularity.
Despite his love of physical activity and play fighting he tends to be a very passive person when it comes to any real conflict. Even if its just a verbal arguement he'll usually wait past any reasonable point before he gives in to the fact that conflict is inevitable.

BIOGRAPHY: Jason has always had an odd combination of hobbies that prevented him from easily making friends. During the younger years of his life he spent most of his life reading, which kept him from spending too much time out with others his age. If one were to ask Jason for the stories of his youth he would tell them that he fought the ten who were taken while he was young, and explored the Gardens of the Moon as he grew older. He would tell them a thousand stories from Ankh-Morpork and Arrakis, but would never mention anything about his own life.
After that he discovered his love of physical excersize, and transitioned awkwardly into group sports because they seemed like where people like him were supposed to go. He didn't do anythign too crazy, just the normal team sports that schools seemed to encourage. Unfortunately he was trying to insert himself into groups that had already formed their own bonds, and he had few things in common with them to ease the transition.

As he entered into high school he finally decided that he hated team sports like football and soccer, and tried to transition into a group he had slightly more in common with, the nerds. This would have been an amazing transition if his former friendgroup hadn't made bullying nerds their favorite pastime in previous years, so he was met with a bit of a cold shoulder. This might have been the end of his attempted change of cliques if it weren't for some glorious bastard showing him the wonderful world of medieval recreational combat.
It was the perfect combination of his love of fantasy, and his love of going out and just doing something. Jason quickly took to LARPing in general and to a group called HEMA in specific. He still isn't the most popular people amongst the geeks and nerds of MMWHN, but after seeing him walking around in weird garb and a goofy grin they were willing to think he might be one of them.

Miscellaneous:-Generally pretty easy going and non-confrontational.
-Can probably beat you in a sword fight.
-Likes learning new useless things
-Has an impressive collection of hats
-Totally does not talk to himself
-A virgin
THEME SONG: Don't Bring me Down! Northern Kings

Ok, well, I can't see any issues really with his current power...I shall sleep on it - as per usual - and give you my final approval or final niggles in the morning :-)

Offline TheBlackThrone

NAME: Bryce Buchanan “BB” or “Baby” If you’re hot.

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE: Bryce is a handsome young man with a youthful and boyish countenance and blue eyes that glimmer with mischief. His hair is short, dark brown, and silky, and his usual routine in the morning is either a) roll out of bed because he’s late for class and try to smear it down with his hand, or b) actually take a moment to glide a small comb through it. He is that guy who wears the T-shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals, and on some days, he actually shows up to class in his blue and plaid pajama pants and a random T-shirt. On his head, he often likes to wear an Alaskan-style snow hat. It’s his favorite hat so lay-off.

He’s 5’10” and weighs 172 lbs. His body type is lean and athletic hinting at his regular visits to the gym.

Face Claim: Alex Prange

ORIENTATION: Heteroflexible (if the need be)

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single and looking; Bryce can be rather smooth when he’s flirting with pretty girls or trying to get their number…well, he thinks he’s smooth at least. He’s a good wingman because he’s played that game several times and is quite experienced. No lady would be making a mistake becoming his girlfriend, despite all of his foolish antics, his mother at least raised him right.

TYPE: Delinquent, player and prep

POWER THEME:

Cryokinesis
Sub Zero – Bryce can reduce his core temperature to the freezing point of water (32degrees F/0 degrees C). Temperatures plummeting below the degrees mentioned will cause him to undergo the same side effects a human would undergo in such frigid conditions: hypothermia, frostbite, etc.
Freeze – He is capable of freezing moisture in the air, creating ice constructs no greater than an equal to 10 ft using his powers. When the air is dry, then the moisture comes from his own body and will require that he constantly replenish his fluids to stay hydrated. He can freeze persons and objects by freezing the moisture about the person to contain them in an immovable shell. For a being of average strength, the shell could be broken out of after 1 turn of being frozen, and if the person makes an effort to escape it. For a being with inhuman strength, the shell can be easily shattered.
Cold – Bryce's natural body temperature is 73 degrees F (22 degrees C). Temperatures exceeding 73 degrees F are deemed hot, exceeding 80 degrees F are deemed uncomfortable, and exceeding 90 would require for Bryce to carry a water source, otherwise suffer from rapid dehydration due to profuse sweating. He hasn’t mastered his powers, and therefore, his body is always cold to the touch. He doesn’t like hot meals, hot showers, or hot liquids and can mostly be found enjoying a cold meal or drink.

CHARACTER FLAW:
Emotional Toward Favorite Hat: It will be the end of the world if Bryce ever loses that hat that most people think is stupid, and they’re dumb and don’t matter! The hat has no interesting origin or story behind it. He’s just had it forever, and thus, its age is clearly seen in its discoloration. No one knows for sure if he’s ever washed it. But he first bought the hat when he was in the sixth grade and has worn it ever since.

Prankster: While not a bully, he does like to pull pranks on friends, such as jumping out and scaring them as soon as they come through a doorway, throwing paper balls or footballs, slam-dunking a person with several books in their arms, and just celebrating random holidays. They might actually be holidays or holidays he makes up to get out of class or create a disturbance to hopefully throw the teacher off his/her flow and thus hopefully making her forget to collect homework.

Undisciplined: When Bryce sits down and actually learns the material, then he does exceptionally well on his exams. He just doesn’t have the discipline to study to an “A” level, but he proves time and time again that he knows the material, but half-asses the homework because he’s too busy out somewhere partying or causing mischief. So he’s managed to happily ride through high school on the back of “Cs” because “C”s still get degrees!

Test-taking Anxiety: He doesn’t show it openly, but Bryce is often the last person in the class on exam day. While other students believe it’s because he’s dumb and never studies the material and thus has a hard time, it’s actually because of his anxiety. He reads questions about five times and double-triple-and maybe quadruple-checks his answers. Timed tests and quizzes freak him out, and he doesn’t normally do well on the five minute pop quiz. The time crunch makes it hard for him to concentrate.

Extrovert: Bryce will always be out somewhere, doing something, whether it be burning all of his youthful energy at the gym or partying. He’ll hit up the 18+ clubs, sneak into the 21+ clubs, and underage drink and smoke pot without a care of getting caught. He hasn’t been caught yet, and he actually feels that he’s too clever to be caught. He’ll return to his house late in the night and get up a few hours later to die in class. Or look dead, thus him showing up nearly late (sometimes just straight out late) and in his pajamas. Detention again? Whatever.

Dehydration: If Bryce is ever forced to draw moisture from his own body, then he must replenish the lost moisture by drinking water. He will normally be seen drinking water at all times to stay hydrated so that he doesn’t dehydrate himself.

Can’t Stand the Heat!: Bryce on hot days will soak his shirts. He will look like he just ran a marathon, and will be the sweatiest guy you know. He just doesn’t like the heat, and his powers just make it worse. A/C please!

BIOGRAPHY:  The Buchanans raised Bryce to be a smart and upstanding young man—we see how far that got them. His father, Duncan, was the man who thought that he could control his life. Religion practically ruled his household. His father had to know who he was dating, who his friends were, he wasn’t allowed to curse, watch R-rated films or listen to the music he enjoyed. Bryce had a taste of rebellion when he was ten-years-old, and ever since, life has never tasted better. Bryce had broken free and he had been free ever since—perhaps too free.

Since middle school he was known as the class clown and he was that kid that did the craziest stunts like being dared to run through the school halls naked without getting caught (but he often got caught any way because he was the only one dumb enough to attempt such a stunt) or kiss Stacy Gonzalez [this can be filled in by an actual player for past history if they want], the prettiest girl in school, on the lips. It was also in middle school where his father let him go to: “Go do drugs, go get arrested, go die in the streets—I dun care whachee do.” For a kid, hearing that from his father hurt, but he didn’t show it. He just knew that Duncan was just mad that he couldn’t control him anymore.

When Bryce entered high school, it was like joining a whole new playground. Puberty had blessed him for there were many girls that he would sleep with and rarely ever date. Girls were attracted to the popularity brought by his silly antics. Any girl he actually dated, he never took home for he knew that his father would try to humiliate him.

As Bryce’s popularity started to become a joke and students started to doubt his intelligence on certain subjects, he also noticed that his popularity was all most girls had fucked him for. He became the player. None were interested in ever truly being with him for they suspected that he didn’t have a well-defined goal in life and that he was too stupid to be successful.

Around junior year, Bryce’s popularity had travelled to Kappa Lamba Zeta fraternity from NYU. They approached him one day after school and invited him out to party with them. They performed shenanigans that Bryce would have never dreamed of doing such as breaking into the campus library and  indoor pool. They went to clubs and party apartments, hooked up with girls, drank, and smoked tons of pot—god, if his father ever found out. Bryce felt that he finally found a crowd that he fitted into. None of the brothers thought that he was stupid. Actually, they suspected that he was pretty smart and got him to help them with their homework. They promised that when he graduated high school that they would put in a good word to have the university accept him, and then they would talk about him joining the fraternity. Sounded too good to be true, but Bryce bought it.

Miscellaneous: Bryce’s family uphold their Scottish heritage, but they are Scottish-American and thus he doesn’t have an accent like his parents. He used to when he was a child, but he since lost the accent by fifth grade. I believe I mentioned everything, but this can always be added to as the game goes on. I am always open for relationship-building, plotting, and shenanigans with Bryce. So feel free to send me a PM!

THEME SONG: What’s My Age Again? – Blink 182

Writing Prompt #3

Football practice…

The field was littered with red jerseys versus white jerseys. The bread and butter of sports was Malcom Wheeler’s very own football team, The Malcom Wheeler Warriors (to change when I know what the school mascot is). The football players were on line.

Red 32!

Set!

HUT!

The center hiked the ball back to the quarterback Brock Schneider (again to change if there is one already). Brock received the ball and trotted backwards, blue eyes focused and searching for the opening. He saw his wide receiver all alone. Nobody was on him and the receiver was turning in preparation to receive the pig. Brock threw the ball. The brown lemon spiraled through the air like a missile. Brock was certain that he would catch it…until…

The quarterback’s lips parted in shock. The wide receiver’s eyes grew in size when a man sprang in front of him. The receiver’s eyes travelled down the pale man’s form to the black thong snug between a pair of ass cheeks and nothing else but for blue and silver cleats.

“Rah!” the naked boy shouted, perfectly intercepting the ball and leaving the team confused, stunned, and falling over themselves.

“Fucking Buchanan,” Brock muttered as an amused grin cracked on his face.

Lost and unsure what to do, several players started absently chasing the streaker, hoping to get the ball back at least. Three players gave chase, running as hard as they could to catch up to him. Bryce peeked over his shoulder to see a player almost within arms’ reach of him and his eyes narrowed as an impish smile curled at his lips. The prankster abruptly stopped and bent over with his ass in the player’s direction.

The player’s no homo response kicked in as he cursed in fright, ”Shit!”

And made himself twirl out of the way of running into Bryce.

Bryce resumed running the ball and upon crossing into the in zone, he slammed the pig down and started marching around like a braggart.

“WOO! YEAH!” he cheered.

He marched up to the three players who stood around him with irritable frowns on their faces and stood on his toes until he was face-to-face with one of them (these fuckers are tall), and shouted, “Yeah boy! Woo! That’s how you run it!”

Brock had been laughing the entire time. If it had been any other day, then he might have been mad to have practice interrupted, but he figured that his team needed the break in tension. Unfortunately, Coach Peterson (again to be changed if needed) wasn’t having it.

“God damn it, Buchanan! You interrupt practice again and you’ll be in detention and for the love of God, put some fucking clothes on!” the coach roared.

“Hey Coach, maybe we should put him on the team!” one of the players shouted in amusement.

“Over my dead body!” Coach Peterson returned, too uptight to recognize the joke.

Grinning mischievously, Bryce ran off into the parking lot. He might have been ballsy, but he wasn’t about to cross Coach Peterson.

Ummm....nah, don't see any issues! If you mosey on over to the OOC Character and Plot Discussion Thread you can start talking Connections with people. In the meantime, send me a Code version of him in PM - sans Writing Prompt - so I can post him in the Approved Character Thread :-)

Same goes for you, This One. :-)

Offline Cuchulainn

Images

NAME: Joshua Danvers

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE: Face claim: Cole Monahan

Joshua looks just like what you would expect a river riding, pot smoking, surfer to look like, if he also moonlighted as a abercrombie and fitch model. Standing in at 6’2 with a well defined athletic body gained through an adventure sport lifestyle and hitting a gym. His long, light brown, almost blonde hair is left just to hang loose with joshua never really taking any time to style or comb it, or use any form of product besides shampoo and conditioner. He almost always sports a small beard, more due to a lack of enthusiasm to shave as opposed to any fashionable disposition. His bright blue eyes seem to sparkle with mischievous, friendly energy only emphasised by the constant smile on his face.

ORIENTATION: Straight

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Recently Single

TYPE: Waster, Surfer, Rich kid

POWER THEME: Gravitational Manipulation.

Joshua, through sheer force of will, is capable of increasing the gravitational force two objects exert on one another by a large magnitude. For example Josh is capable of increasing the gravitational pull between and individual and the floor causing said individual to collapse down upon it from the increased pull, or to make a mug fly across a room and crash into someone or to simple keep his footing on a surfboard. The effect can only be used on two objects at a time and they still must obey the laws of physics. For example, causing an attraction between a twig and a person would mean it is highly unlikely the person would but but the twig would fly towards them, in the same way that if a person was attracted to a wall, the wall would remain stationary but the person would move, etc.

CHARACTER FLAW:
Personal:
Lacking Drive: This is not to say Joshua has no motivation, he has not motivation for anything important. He has no long term goals or desires and is quite happy to simply coast through life and “live in the moment”. He is a smart individual but doesn’t manage higher than the occasional B due to lack of study.

Competitive:
While generally a nice easy going guy, Joshua can be quite competitive which can at times lead to him getting a bit aggressive and entering a “try hard” mode. Few things for him are ever just a friendly game but that being said he isn’t the type to hold a grudge if he loses, well not for too long anyway.

Spoiled: Despite how me might portray himself and his hatred of spoiled arrogant rich kids, Joshua was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and that thing is still stuck in there. He has never had to live below his means, never had to worry about money, if he breaks or loses something he would just go out and replace it with the most advanced model. He also tends to be blind to the fact that most people don’t live like this and can’t just buy whatever they want.

Power:
Physically draining: Joshua’s powers are not some type of switch connected to a power source, the energy seems to come from within and using his powers tires him out. At his current state Josh would just about be able to cause three people to crash to the floor in the space of an hour without passing out. If he tried using it in quick succession then although he may accomplish it would definitely pass out and run a risk of haemorrhaging something.

Act of Sheer Will: The use of Joshua’s powers requires intense concentration and because of this combined with the physically draining aspect he tends to avoid holding the effects of his power on two objects for any length of time, preferring instead to use short bursts of power to have the desired effect. It also means that if he is distracted or if his mental capacity to concentrate is impaired due to says drugs or alcohol then his powers become a lot harder to use, in some cases impossible.

Obey Gravity, it’s the Law:
Although Josh can create a gravitational pull between two objects disproportionate of the distance between them, the larger that distance is the more difficult it is. What this means is objects spaced wide apart will be more physically draining and mentally demanding than those close together.

Line of Sight: Joshua cannot use his powers on any item that he isn’t aware is there the rule is not simply talking about vision though. For example in a dark room Joshua could pin an intruder that he heard to the floor provided he was certain the intruder and floor where there if he was unsure he would be incapable or if they were in another room. This seems to be a mental block that Joshua unknowingly placed on himself.

Area of Effect:
Joshua cannot use his powers on objects that are not within 70 metres of him.

BIOGRAPHY:  Born the second son of the district attorney, Joshua’s father had big plans for both of his sons. He was going to give them every advantage he could and in return they would reach for those stars, they were going to win harder at life than anyone else, become high powered lawyers or businessmen, hell one of them might even become president. When his first son, Caleb, came along every thing seemed to be perfect. He was a handsome, intelligent and disciplined young man. Excelling on the sports field as much in the classroom. He was his everything his father hoped for and then some.

When Joshua came along his father had high expectations, another Caleb or perhaps even better? Boy was he disappointed, Joshua didn’t care what his dad wanted for him and every advantage he gave him Joshua threw right back in his face. Josh grew to hate and resent his father, he was a symbol of “The Man”, of all those self righteous and smug guys at the prep school, of those teachers who always looked down their nose at him and demanded Josh do things their way, of all those corporate assholes whose greed was tearing the country apart. Josh liked to do his thing, when he wanted without any consideration for anyone else plans. It’s his life he didn’t see why it had to follow anyones plan but his and because of this a chasm quickly formed between him and his father due to his actions being a constant disappointment.

Still even with the bad blood between them Mr Danvers always sought to give his son every advantage. Joshua was sent to the best boarding school in the state, the same one his older brother attended and graduated from as the star pupil. Joshua left a different example, he quickly became famous for being a troublemaker, a class clown and a bit of a bad boy, it was these qualities that attracted his first girlfriend, Sarah Walters, to him she wanted a bad boy to piss off daddy. Still Josh’s well earned reputation eventually came up with him and even with his father's large investment to the school, they had to let him go due to his absences, poor grades, poor uniform and that time he was caught with drugs (his father's money did stop it from reaching the public and police though. The DA couldn’t have one of his sons be caught with drugs, not with the hard stance he took against it). So at 16, Josh left private school and was enrolled at Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson public school not that he minded, he hated being stuck with all the preppie bitches anyway well apart from Sarah.

He may not have faced any punishment from the police but his dad didn’t let him off scot free, Mr Danver decided his youngest son needed to learn some responsibility and the best way to do that was for him to get a job. Josh just met his father's gaze with a steely look of his own, shrugged his shoulders and came back a week later with a job. His father expected him to return with some typical teenager job, with a harsh boss who forced him to follow orders and conform but Josh returned with a at a white water rafting company, spending his day taking people in rafts, teaching kayaking and supervising ziplining. As much as his father hated it he didn’t want to make a big deal about his son beating him at his own game and agreed he could work there.

Miscellaneous:
  • Expert surfer, having won some local competitions, even got an article in a magazine once.
  • Is trained in various adventure sports such as white water rafting, White water kayaking, rock climbing and the next one he wants is a skydiving license.
  • Recently was dumped with his girlfriend of 3 and a half years, only just getting over it.
  • Was forced to take self-defence classes by his dad alongside his brother, enjoyed and still keeps up some of the training although he is no expert and hasn't had much opportunity to use it.
  • Brother is currently in the marines.
  • Despite his poor relationship with his father he actually gets on very well with his brother, typically doing something adventurous when they can like surfing or sparring or rock climbing.
THEME SONG: I’ll get around to this.

Still need the theme song and writing prompt

Okey doky well! Hello, Cuch, and welcome to WCBH! So, as usual, I'll hit the powers first and then go onto the background and personality. Please get the Writing Prompt done ASAP, please. :-)

Joshua, through sheer force of will, is capable of increasing the gravitational force two objects exert on one another by a large magnitude. For example Josh is capable of increasing the gravitational pull between and individual and the floor causing said individual to collapse down upon it from the increased pull, or to make a mug fly across a room and crash into someone or to simple keep his footing on a surfboard.

What is the size / weight limit on these objects? Is there an object big enough that he can't effect it? Does a bigger object take more concentration? How far apart do the objects have to be to be unaffected by this new attraction?

Competitive: While generally a nice easy going guy, Joshua can be quite competitive which can at times lead to him getting a bit aggressive and entering a “try hard” mode. Few things for him are ever just a friendly game but that being said he isn’t the type to hold a grudge if he loses, well not for too long anyway.

How does this mesh with his "Lack Of Drive?" If he isn't driven or can't be bothered with anything, how and why is he so competitive?

Area of Effect: Joshua cannot use his powers on objects that are not within 70 metres of him.

70 metres seems a bit big for a Day One game. I have no issue with 60 or 70 being his final Hard Cap, but maybe a smaller cap to start with and then have it grow from there?

Offline Cuchulainn

Writing Prompt #1
Scotty doesn’t know,
Scotty doesn’t know,
Scotty doesn’t know,
So tell don’t tell Scotty ‘Cause
Scotty doesn’t know
Scotty doesn’t know-ow!

The blaring guitars, crashing drums and repetitive chorus currently blasting loudly from the phone on his bedside table brutally rip him from his deep slumber and into the harsh painful world of the living. His eyes pop open only for him to immediately shut them tight and roll over from his side onto his front with a pitiful groan as they are assaulted by the harsh morning light currently streaming in through his bedroom window. The song continues to play as he lies there robbing him of any possible return to sleep, as it continues to tell it’s story of how a girl rode a guy in a parking lot before listing other places other places where they had sex. As much as he loved that song it was incredibly annoying when it was stopping him from getting back to sleep. After a few moments spent mustering up the energy he eventually flung his left arm out and dropped his hand down on top of his bedside table, blindly searching until his fingers brushed his phone. He used them to mark out the outline of his phone and so as to predict exactly where the answer call button would be before tapping it.

“Hey Josh! Where are you?” said the all too familiar voice from his phone.

“Mmuuuhh,” grunted Josh in reply his head still buried face first in his pillow.

“Josh are you there? Seriously Josh where the fuck are you? Josh if you’re there you need to answer me!” Came the voice once more from his phone, clearly not having heard his feeble attempt at answering. Joshua reached his hand over once more, picked up the phone and brought it to his ear before rolling over onto his back. He brought his free hand up to run through his hair, sweeping his long, hair out of his face and running his fingers along his scalp.

“I’m up, I’m up, what’s up? Something going on?” Joshua asked blearily, rubbing the sleep from his eye as he sits up and stretches his back, thrusting his chest out.

“Dude! We have a fucking physics test in like 30 minutes, you know that right?”

“What are you talking about? It’s not until the 12th.”

“Yea, and it’s the 12th today, dude you have got to get down here fast.” said the voice on his phone before immediately hanging up.

Josh pulled his phone away from his head and just sat there staring at his phone for a few seconds. “Well, crap.” Josh was really, really torn between just going back to bed and forgetting the whole thing but as tempting as that idea was it was a pretty important test so he should probably, at the very least, make an appearance. Rolling out of bed he quickly got dressed, pulling on a simple pair of jeans, snug fit t-shirt and his converse before rushing out of the house and into the car and blazing down the road on his way to school.

As Josh stepped into the near silent hall all heads turned to look in his direction, their attention drawn to him by the disturbance he created. Josh reveled in it, flashing the room a quick smile and giving everyone a quick nod of acknowledgement as one of the invigilators walked quickly over to him directing him towards his seat. He dropped down into the seat and as he did a wave of dread immediately rushed over him, despite some reading for personal pleasure he hadn’t studied at all for this test, there was a strong possibility that he could fail this. He briefly glanced up at the clock to see that it was already 13 minutes into the test, yea that was not a good sign. But as soon as those thoughts came he quickly dismissed them, so what if he failed he failed, he could retest and anyway standardised testing was a joke there was more to life than grades. He quickly opened the paper and glanced down at the first question.

Two sattelites orbit the earth. Their orbits are circular, and each satellite travels at a constant speed. If the mass of Satellite #2 is twice the mass of Satellite #1, which satellites speed is greater?
Satellite #1, by a factor of the square root of 2.
Satellite #1, by a factor of 2.
Satellite #2, by a factor of the square root of 2.
Satellite #2, by a factor of 2.
Neither, the satellites’ speeds are the same.

As he saw this Josh couldn’t but smile, this was pretty easy, just requires changing formula for centripetal force and taking into account the increased mass it was obvious the answer was A. Maybe this test wouldn’t be so bad.

What is the size / weight limit on these objects? Is there an object big enough that he can't effect it? Does a bigger object take more concentration? How far apart do the objects have to be to be unaffected by this new attraction?

Alright not quite sure what you mean by this question, because he can effect any object but the effect might not be strong enough to create any visible reaction. For example might make a gravitational pull between say to rocks stuck in the ground and although the attraction is there the objects won't be drawn together. Also whether an object moves depends on the object it is being attracted to. For example he can't move the floor but can attract people to it. But if you mean "is there an object large enough that he can't cause it to move if it is attracted to another object of greater or equal mass." Then yes I would say about the size of a car. Also the mass of the object does increase the concentration and the physical effort, so the large the object the less he can move. How far apart, if they are within the area around him he can manipulate (addressed below) then he can create a force but the further apart the weaker it is.

How does this mesh with his "Lack Of Drive?" If he isn't driven or can't be bothered with anything, how and why is he so competitive?

It's like a timing thing, he doesn't prepare but in the moment and if he is passionate about it he is competitive. For example no a lot of revision for exams, or for a surfing contest he won't prepare, when he surfs he surfs cause he enjoys it, if there is a particular skill or trick that he is sub-par at and he doesn't enjoy it he won't practice it despite how that might weaken him for any competition. If you get what I'm saying, on the few instances where he does care it's typically when it is too late.

70 metres seems a bit big for a Day One game. I have no issue with 60 or 70 being his final Hard Cap, but maybe a smaller cap to start with and then have it grow from there?

Say 30-25 metres? 20?