You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:49:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 18777 times)

Online Vergil TannerTopic starter

Which just makes her sexier, because this game has cutting edge jiggle physics. :P

Offline Aida Rose

Shame on you. YC needs your help and all you care about are nonsense words  :P

Oh, she needs help. Help getting her a good hard dicking or four. >.> :P

Offline Amarlo

Oh, she needs help. Help getting her a good hard dicking or four. >.> :P

If I knock her out with a 5 foot dildo, will that work? :P RESET! RESET!

Depends where you whack her with it >.>

Online TheBlackThrone

Okay, so I remember submitting a CS to this game when it first started, which feels like forever ago. You were limiting participation then. I don't plan to bring that character back, but I would like to submit a CS for a cryokinesis-user if you don't have one yet. I didn't look to see if you updated the front page, but from that list alone it looked like you didn't have one. I won't be able to respond until later this evening. If you aren't US Pacific time, then...yeah. I'm going to see what sort of personalities you already got in the game so maybe I can offer something unique and different. But yeah, it will have to be tonight.

Well, we currently don't have a Cryokinetic that I'm aware of, so that power at least is up for discussion! Of course I'm more than happy to take applications from everybody, so hit us with whatever you come up with! :-)

Offline This One

NAME: Jason Tavner

SEX: Male, Male, and Male

APPEARANCE:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Except you know... With normal eyes

ORIENTATION: Most probably straight

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

TYPE: Nerds/book geeks

*New* Power Theme: Jason creates two clones who exist for exactly five seconds unless they are destroyed earlier than that. These clones do not share sensation or senses and act off of his goals from before the split. At the end of these five seconds all three bodies combine into a clone of his choosing, and for each living clone he is given a small boost in strength, speed, and reaction time that lasts for five seconds. He can't re-split into his individual clones until after that temporary upgrade expires. All corpses disappear when his bodies re-combine to make the janitors job easier.

If all three bodies survive his strength/speed is peak of humanity for 5 seconds.

If only two survive he's at a decently well trained athlete for 5 seconds.

If only one body survives he's just plain vanilla him for 5 seconds.

If no bodies survive he's dead for more than just 5 seconds.

Power Flaws: He gains no extra durability during this time.

His clones are always and forever just at his base level of ability.

The process that lets him choose which body he combines into (Which includes a playback of what happened to each body) only works for whichever of him are still alive, so he can't send a one of him (If he'd agree to do that anyways) to sacrifice himself and scout things out that way.

His split lasts for exactly five seconds every single time. He can't end it early if he needs the enhanced abilities earlier than that, so it's easy to plan around if someone is intelligent.

Power Growth: In the future he might be able to spawn more clones, which would lead to an increase in strength, speed, and reflexes in his five second window of empowerment.

CHARACTER FLAW: Despite trying to fit into the geekier cliques alot of his  extracurricular activities tends toward the physical, so except for a few close friends most people in school tend to see him as a "fake" trying to cash in on nerd culture's sudden popularity.
Despite his love of physical activity and play fighting he tends to be a very passive person when it comes to any real conflict. Even if its just a verbal arguement he'll usually wait past any reasonable point before he gives in to the fact that conflict is inevitable.

BIOGRAPHY: Jason has always had an odd combination of hobbies that prevented him from easily making friends. During the younger years of his life he spent most of his life reading, which kept him from spending too much time out with others his age. If one were to ask Jason for the stories of his youth he would tell them that he fought the ten who were taken while he was young, and explored the Gardens of the Moon as he grew older. He would tell them a thousand stories from Ankh-Morpork and Arrakis, but would never mention anything about his own life.
After that he discovered his love of physical excersize, and transitioned awkwardly into group sports because they seemed like where people like him were supposed to go. He didn't do anythign too crazy, just the normal team sports that schools seemed to encourage. Unfortunately he was trying to insert himself into groups that had already formed their own bonds, and he had few things in common with them to ease the transition.

As he entered into high school he finally decided that he hated team sports like football and soccer, and tried to transition into a group he had slightly more in common with, the nerds. This would have been an amazing transition if his former friendgroup hadn't made bullying nerds their favorite pastime in previous years, so he was met with a bit of a cold shoulder. This might have been the end of his attempted change of cliques if it weren't for some glorious bastard showing him the wonderful world of medieval recreational combat.
It was the perfect combination of his love of fantasy, and his love of going out and just doing something. Jason quickly took to LARPing in general and to a group called HEMA in specific. He still isn't the most popular people amongst the geeks and nerds of MMWHN, but after seeing him walking around in weird garb and a goofy grin they were willing to think he might be one of them.

Miscellaneous:-Generally pretty easy going and non-confrontational.
-Can probably beat you in a sword fight.
-Likes learning new useless things
-Has an impressive collection of hats
-A virgin
THEME SONG: Don't Bring me Down! Northern Kings

Writing prompt #3
Totally not a cult initiation

He watched the small mob of medieval garbed people mass and divide themselves as people met, dragged other into their group, and then broke into individual spars after moving away from the crowd. The group only had about twenty people in it, but since he was shortly going to be fighting all of them it felt more like an even hundred people spread across the field. His hands shifted around the rope handle of his faux sword, before a hand clapped down on his shoulder.

"You lookin' forward to today? You get to finally be one of us!" said Dave, his collection of shockingly bright clothing with their own army of loud patches dancing as he prentended to punch Jason in the side.

"This still really seems like a weird cult initiation, beating on the new guy until he becomes 'one of us,'" his voiced dropped into a monotone chant toward the end of his sentence. His mouth split into a smile, and he swatted the colorful man as he danced away.  "'Sides. Not even sure I'll be able to join with your rediculous entry exam."

"Anyone can do it, they just need to want it enough," came the other man's reply, before he turned to begin shouting at the small mob. He tuned the little speech out, as he began to bounce from foot too foot, his own personal dance of nervousness. Some people left to join the more casual field battles between people who weren't interested in joining their unit. His focus snapped back to the people in front of him as the first person stepped up to him, sword raised to start the fight.

The two swords tapped against eachother, which echoed strangely in his head, and the fight officially began. He kept his sword tight to his body, blocking before returning short choppy shots by reflex. It was style that he didn't normally use, but he needed to work out his nervousness. When he felt ready he slapped the  other person's sword away and his hand came forward to trap the other person's sword away from their bodies.

It all worked so perfectly in his head.

The other fighter used his free hand to clear the space between them, powering both of his overextended arms off to the side, before sliding backwards and dropping his sword onto Jason's shoulder. He hadn't even finished realizing he was dead before the other man had hugged him and whispered, "Good Fight."

Then the next man was stepping up as his previous opponent was running to the back of the line. Jason grinned as he tapped swords to start the fight, and a huge smile answered him.

Sorry this took so long. I'm trying to shake rust off my writers block, and then also my writing!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:15:35 PM by This One »

Okey dokey! So, first thing's first, thank you for your interest! Now for the interview section :D

Since we have quite a few nerds / geeks / bookworms, I need to ask you...what makes your character specifically unique? What does he bring that no other character has? What differentiates him from the other "Geeky" non-popular kids?

And on the note of the power:

Jason has the ability to split two clones from his main body, and controls the two clone bodies and his main body all at the same time through a hivemind.

Does this take strain or effort, or is it instinctive? And what's the range on it? Like, at a certain range, do they collapse or disappear? And is there a time limit on how long they can stay separate, or is it an indefinite clone?

All three of his bodies also have the ability to selectively ignore eachothers existence and pass through eachother (Though he doesn't know this yet)

Not that I have a problem with it, it just seems like an odd thing to add, so was there a reasoning for it, or a specific idea? :P

even though each clone mutes and handles minor amounts of pain and pleasure (To keep minor pains from stacking and incapacitating him) sudden and intense pain affects all three clones, even if only one gets injured.

Since they share a Hive Mind, they can obviously feel things that the other clones feel if it's strong enough. So if one clone is killed or critically injured, how would that affect the other two?

Furthermore affects that effect large areas work extremely well on him, so if someone has an ability that effects emotions in an area it works exponentially better against him for each body he has in that area.

Does it affect him less if he only has one of three bodies in the area?

Finally, he can no longer pass through his own dead flesh.

That's a bit morbid. O_O So...if the clones die, they stay around rather than disappearing?

Offline This One

Since we have quite a few nerds / geeks / bookworms, I need to ask you...what makes your character specifically unique? What does he bring that no other character has? What differentiates him from the other "Geeky" non-popular kids?

Nerd/bookworm was what described his interests the best. I think if I were to more accurately describe him it would be jock/outsider with pretensions of nerdom. Another thing was he really wants to be a nerd because its more in line with things he's actually interested in, but he sorta use to be part of the crew that bullied them and he really hopes they aren't mad about that.

Does this take strain or effort, or is it instinctive? And what's the range on it? Like, at a certain range, do they collapse or disappear? And is there a time limit on how long they can stay separate, or is it an indefinite clone?

Instinctive. Its something that he does with conscious thought, but its not something he has to concentrate on to maintain. I'm not certain on the range. Right now I'm leaning toward 400 meters being the max distance. I think that's far enough to allow for some shenanigans involving being in multiple places at the same time, but it's still not far enough to be broken or obviate the need for some small amount of care if he wants to maintain secrecy. Once they leave his range the bodies die, and then hang around for a minute or so before turning into dust.

Time limit... Since it's easy to maintain I thought the limit would be based on him retaining consciousness, with the caveat that his mind still needs rest and that having a single conscious body would keep him from getting that rest. Obviously this is very optimistic of me, so I totally understand if we want to put a time limit of 15 to 30 minutes on it. When the time limit expires so does the clone.

Not that I have a problem with it, it just seems like an odd thing to add, so was there a reasoning for it, or a specific idea? :P

This was actually the main thing I wanted to do have him do. It turns him from generic cloner that fills the battlefield with clones and relies entirely on outnumbering people, into something a little more unique that requires a bit of creativity to use, and can lead to some fun things happening.

Also a generic cloner would probably need a larger number of bodies to be useful, but that gets really hard to balance and figure out what's too much or not enough.

Since they share a Hive Mind, they can obviously feel things that the other clones feel if it's strong enough. So if one clone is killed or critically injured, how would that affect the other two?

Critical injurie would probably end up being worse than dying as weird as that sounds. Critical injury means that he is going to be in constant pain until he can either touch the clone and reabsorb it, or until it gets out of range. Death will just feel really weird in ways I haven't fully worked out yet.

Does it affect him less if he only has one of three bodies in the area?

It affects him like normal if he only has one body in the zone, but having more makes it affect him exponentially more for each body. One body he's like anyone else, except he would express whatever effects there are through all three bodies. Two bodies and suddenly a mildly resistible aura of mild annoyance is an unstoppable juggernaut of actual anger to him. That was a weird sentence to type.

That's a bit morbid. O_O So...if the clones die, they stay around rather than disappearing?

They stick around for a minute or so before turning into dust. The turning into dust keeps him from duplicating himself and then mugging himself to become a millionaire.

The bodies sticking around is because I have a morbidly hilarious image of him hiding behind a wall of his own dead bodies with a heavily traumatized expression on his face. It's like the bard scene from the Gamers 2 except played completely straight and not for laughs. Except I'm still laughing.

Nerd/bookworm was what described his interests the best. I think if I were to more accurately describe him it would be jock/outsider with pretensions of nerdom. Another thing was he really wants to be a nerd because its more in line with things he's actually interested in, but he sorta use to be part of the crew that bullied them and he really hopes they aren't mad about that.

Hmmm, ok. So what "Jock" things does he do? What teams is he part of, what sports does he play, etc etc?

Instinctive. Its something that he does with conscious thought, but its not something he has to concentrate on to maintain. I'm not certain on the range. Right now I'm leaning toward 400 meters being the max distance. I think that's far enough to allow for some shenanigans involving being in multiple places at the same time, but it's still not far enough to be broken or obviate the need for some small amount of care if he wants to maintain secrecy. Once they leave his range the bodies die, and then hang around for a minute or so before turning into dust.

Hmm....ok, well, I think maybe at the start - since his brain hasn't ever experienced Hive Mind status before - it's less instinctive as he gets used to the sensation and gets used to all the extra sensory input. I mean, going from one POV to three POV's is gonna be a jarring shift when you've never ever done it before - it's something that a lot of people can't even imagine, it's that alien to us - so maybe have it as conscious at the beginning and then getting to be instinctive once he's done it a few times and is used to it? Similarly, maybe have his starting range be something like 50 or 100 feet, increasing to 500 as he gets more experience. Since, y'know, being a Day One game we need to have some way for his powers to grow :P

Time limit... Since it's easy to maintain I thought the limit would be based on him retaining consciousness, with the caveat that his mind still needs rest and that having a single conscious body would keep him from getting that rest. Obviously this is very optimistic of me, so I totally understand if we want to put a time limit of 15 to 30 minutes on it. When the time limit expires so does the clone.

Maybe have it as a few minutes at the beginning, then it steadily increases to about an hour / hour and a half before he either reabsorbs them or they turn to dust? Again, progression :P

This was actually the main thing I wanted to do have him do. It turns him from generic cloner that fills the battlefield with clones and relies entirely on outnumbering people, into something a little more unique that requires a bit of creativity to use, and can lead to some fun things happening.

Hmmm, ok. That might be interesting.

Critical injurie would probably end up being worse than dying as weird as that sounds. Critical injury means that he is going to be in constant pain until he can either touch the clone and reabsorb it, or until it gets out of range. Death will just feel really weird in ways I haven't fully worked out yet.

Whilst I can see that, I think the death of a clone should hit him harder than just "weirdness," or the clones basically become expendable, y'know? I mean...his brain is still experiencing death, which is a pretty big thing, y'know? So it wouldn't KILL him, but nor should he be able to just "walk it off" in a matter of seconds.

It affects him like normal if he only has one body in the zone, but having more makes it affect him exponentially more for each body. One body he's like anyone else, except he would express whatever effects there are through all three bodies. Two bodies and suddenly a mildly resistible aura of mild annoyance is an unstoppable juggernaut of actual anger to him. That was a weird sentence to type.

So if all three bodies were around Grace when she "turned on the charm," she would be his completely willing servant? I'm sure Grace would struggle to find a use for three obedient hunks.
>.>
<.<
>.>

They stick around for a minute or so before turning into dust. The turning into dust keeps him from duplicating himself and then mugging himself to become a millionaire.

Pretty sure that would classify as illegal money printing. :P

The bodies sticking around is because I have a morbidly hilarious image of him hiding behind a wall of his own dead bodies with a heavily traumatized expression on his face. It's like the bard scene from the Gamers 2 except played completely straight and not for laughs. Except I'm still laughing.

You are a sick, sick man. :P

Offline This One

Hmmm, ok. So what "Jock" things does he do? What teams is he part of, what sports does he play, etc etc?

Like I said in the bio, he was formerly a part of several team sports, I'm thinking soccer, basketball, and baseball, but they weren't quite hitting the itch he had. Later on he was introduced to medieval recreational combat and HEMA, probably during summer break, and that seemed to work out better for him. At that point he dropped the teams, and tried to transition over to these groups that seemed to fit his interests better, but it's impossible to just instantly leave a friend group. Even though he's trying to awkwardly transition into a new friend group he still has all these people he spent the last few years with coming up and going, "Hey, I noticed you aren't on the soccer team with us. What the hell man? Are you still doing basketball? What's with all this nerd shit you're doing?"

Hmm....ok, well, I think maybe at the start - since his brain hasn't ever experienced Hive Mind status before - it's less instinctive as he gets used to the sensation and gets used to all the extra sensory input. I mean, going from one POV to three POV's is gonna be a jarring shift when you've never ever done it before - it's something that a lot of people can't even imagine, it's that alien to us - so maybe have it as conscious at the beginning and then getting to be instinctive once he's done it a few times and is used to it? Similarly, maybe have his starting range be something like 50 or 100 feet, increasing to 500 as he gets more experience. Since, y'know, being a Day One game we need to have some way for his powers to grow :P

Yep, the hive mind thing was something I had already thought of and was going to roleplay out, but didn't think needed to be in the profile since it wouldn't be something that remains in affect for too long. One thing that I can add is that at the beginning he probably won't be as good at muting incidental pain either, so he'll probably spend a lot of time going "Suddenly this slightly sore muscle hurts three times as much as before! WHY PAIN!"

I'd prefer a longer range, but I understand and accept that a shorter one would probably work better at the beginning.

Maybe have it as a few minutes at the beginning, then it steadily increases to about an hour / hour and a half before he either reabsorbs them or they turn to dust? Again, progression :P

And that can be explained as him having problems getting use to the hivemind as well as a hard cap. I can get behind that. Five minutes at the beginning with it growing to about two hours?

Hmmm, ok. That might be interesting.

I thought so.

Whilst I can see that, I think the death of a clone should hit him harder than just "weirdness," or the clones basically become expendable, y'know? I mean...his brain is still experiencing death, which is a pretty big thing, y'know? So it wouldn't KILL him, but nor should he be able to just "walk it off" in a matter of seconds.

Them being expendable is sorta the point though, and while them dying might not have too much of a physical impact on him there will be an emotional one. I mean, seeing yourself die wouldn't be the best thing in the world for your emotional growth, and using yourself as expendable shields for your friends would lead to some major self image issues.

I can see some sort of phantom limb syndrome, where he see's the dead body as still a part of himself before he reabsorbs it.

So if all three bodies were around Grace when she "turned on the charm," she would be his completely willing servant? I'm sure Grace would struggle to find a use for three obedient hunks.
>.>
<.<
>.>

With all three bodies near her the passive aura alone would be pretty close to her "compulsion" level, no extra effort required. She actively turns on the charm he's closer to a mindless minion whose ready and willing for anything. She might actually have to order him to continue breathing because he might forget otherwise XD
At least until a little after his clone's time limit ran out, or a little bit after.

Pretty sure that would classify as illegal money printing. :P

Totally would, but that's why it would all disappear when he reabsorbs his clone body. It keeps stuff like that from happening.

You are a sick, sick man. :P

Yep!

Like I said in the bio, he was formerly a part of several team sports, I'm thinking soccer, basketball, and baseball, but they weren't quite hitting the itch he had. Later on he was introduced to medieval recreational combat and HEMA, probably during summer break, and that seemed to work out better for him. At that point he dropped the teams, and tried to transition over to these groups that seemed to fit his interests better, but it's impossible to just instantly leave a friend group. Even though he's trying to awkwardly transition into a new friend group he still has all these people he spent the last few years with coming up and going, "Hey, I noticed you aren't on the soccer team with us. What the hell man? Are you still doing basketball? What's with all this nerd shit you're doing?"

So he's not on ANY sports teams any more?

Yep, the hive mind thing was something I had already thought of and was going to roleplay out, but didn't think needed to be in the profile since it wouldn't be something that remains in affect for too long. One thing that I can add is that at the beginning he probably won't be as good at muting incidental pain either, so he'll probably spend a lot of time going "Suddenly this slightly sore muscle hurts three times as much as before! WHY PAIN!"

Ok, that seems fair.

I'd prefer a longer range, but I understand and accept that a shorter one would probably work better at the beginning.

Yeah, Day One, needs to start somewhere, y'know?

And that can be explained as him having problems getting use to the hivemind as well as a hard cap. I can get behind that. Five minutes at the beginning with it growing to about two hours?

Sounds good to me! :D

Them being expendable is sorta the point though, and while them dying might not have too much of a physical impact on him there will be an emotional one. I mean, seeing yourself die wouldn't be the best thing in the world for your emotional growth, and using yourself as expendable shields for your friends would lead to some major self image issues.

True, but his brain is still experiencing death, something that most brains...y'know, don't survive. That should hit him harder than "Oh, that feels funny." You can't have a Hive Mind and then ignore when one of those brains connected to said Hive Mind experiences something like Brain death. Some kind of feedback from that would be inevitable, right?

With all three bodies near her the passive aura alone would be pretty close to her "compulsion" level, no extra effort required. She actively turns on the charm he's closer to a mindless minion whose ready and willing for anything. She might actually have to order him to continue breathing because he might forget otherwise XD
At least until a little after his clone's time limit ran out, or a little bit after.

I'm sure Grace could find a use or two for three hunky manslaves.
With your consent, of course. >.>
I joke; that would basically be rape, and Grace is NOT a rapist. She isn't that morally bankrupt...her doing it on accident, though, might still happen. XD
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:12:09 PM by Vergil Tanner »

Offline This One

So he's not on ANY sports teams any more?

This is correct, or at least nothing involving the school.

True, but his brain is still experiencing death, something that most brains...y'know, don't survive. That should hit him harder than "Oh, that feels funny." You can't have a Hive Mind and then ignore when one of those brains connected to said Hive Mind experiences something like Brain death. Some kind of feedback from that would be inevitable, right?

I think we might just have a problem with terms here. Hive mind is the word I've been using because its the closest and most easily recognizable, but it's not actually a hive mind. The closest analogy would be a computer that is connected to three different screens. Smashing one screen would make it so that he has one less way of interacting with the world, but it wouldn't impact the functionality of the computer.

Another way of looking at it would be that the mechanics of their connection are divorced from their biology, otherwise I would argue that he should also gain increased intelligence with each clone that he has out.

I'm sure Grace could find a use or two for three hunky manslaves.
With your consent, of course. >.>
I joke; that would basically be rape, and Grace is NOT a rapist. She isn't that morally bankrupt...her doing it on accident, though, might still happen. XD

"Fetch me the oil servants! I require many massages."
But hey, I am not my character, and my character is slave to the story. I actually completely expect something like that to happen, since until it happens (Maybe more than once because he isn't going to be entirely in his right mind to put together the various pieces of the mind control puzzle) he wouldn't know and expect that too be an issue, and she has no way of knowing that he would get affected like that either. Actually, that might lead to a funny situation where he just thinks that he can't control himself around her (Because of a lack of experience on his part/people wouldn't be use to thinking in terms of powers at that point) and she's trying to apologize for mind controlling him, and their both just trying to say "No, its my fault!"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:11:09 AM by This One »

Hmmm....I still think "death" should carry more of a penalty - at least at the beginning - than "weirdness." After a LOT of clones have died, I can see him shrugging it off. But the first couple of times it happens...well, humans aren't computers, after all, so the first couple of times you would expect some feedback if he can feel anything the other clone is feeling. If he sense what they sense...he'd be able to sense and experience their death, which is gonna - at least the first couple of times - do more than send a strange tingle through him :P

*snick*
"I can't control myself around you!"
"....yeah, about that..."
XD

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

What if, at least for awhile, he essentially has a phantom limb type thing going on?  Where maybe he feels ghost like sensations after a clone expires?  As if the clone is actually alive and still communicating with him? 

Hmmm, that could be interesting. Thoughts, One?

Offline This One

That was entirely what I meant by "weirdness." I thought that Vergil was looking for more.

Well, I am kinda looking for a bit more; maybe the first few times it happens, he gets hit by feedback, and then as he adjusts to the sensation, it hits him less and less with each death?

Offline This One

I thought you were looking for a larger problem to happen to him, not more detail on the type of weirdness. Prop's to Asminen/Pumpkin for helping me realize that, and I'm sorry for making this more difficult than it needed to be >.>

Things that I meant to happen/be played through his cloning but didn't put into his profile because I didn't want to make his power theme longer than his bio:

When one of his clones dies he experiences a series of "echoes" because he's trying to send instructions to a clone that is no longer functional. In the beginning this will cause distraction and during super intense situations can cause missteps/clumsiness as he instructions he wanted to send to his clone "echo" across the channels he's using to communicate with his remaining bodies. If the body that dies was being mentally compelled at its time of death this echo will have that compulsion continue affecting him as though he had an extra body within that affect (Making it hit him harder and making it harder to resist.)

He can also experience a sort of phantom body syndrome, which directly contributes to the above problem. He will continue experiencing sensations that he expects to feel from his extra body, and might occasionally try to send instructions that would make sense for his third body to carry out to his non-existent clone.

He can only reabsorb clones in two ways. Either all at once, or through touching it, and his own dead bodies can only be reabsorbed through physical contact or by timing out. The bodies take two minutes after they die to time out and reopen the "clone slot" that they are taking up. These two minutes start when the body dies even if that would take it past his normal time limit. (This is part of the reason I originally wanted a longer range, because having to sprint to a body that's further away is much more dramatic/inconvenient than all your clones being within ten steps of you.)

His clones spawn in his position. He can not project them into being at all. They only come into existence on his current position when he spawns them. I am currently undecided on whether or not they keep his momentum when they are spawned, but I am leaning toward them retaining his momentum.

Ok...so, were he to be connected mentally to a clone that died, what emotional hit would that give him? Would he feel any pain, any intense disorientation, etc etc? It just feels like the death of a clone should - at least at the beginning, when he hasn't felt it before - carry more of a consequence. If they share a strong connection, you'd expect there to be more than just "Echoes." Now, this effect lessening every time a clone dies as his brain gets used to the sensation is fine. I just think that for the first few "deaths" there should be a pain or discomfort that hits him because something he was using the senses of has died, so he would have - at least second hand - experienced death.

Offline This One

Yes.  As I said earlier there would be an emotional response, but it would be dictated by the situation surrounding his clone being killed.  The emotion would come from realizing that a living thing with his body, face, and possibly a portion of his should died, and his own personal realization that he is not immortal. What he feels would entirely be based off the situation it happened in, and wouldn't be a generic feeling that I can set down right now.

Also, spoiler : when he first discovers that he can set a different clone as the one that they recombine into he will be horrified because he will think that he is permanently dead after they recombine, because his clones would reabsorb into the dead version of him (in his mind). After finding out that is not true he will be experiencing an existential crises based around the nature of souls, existence, and if he's actually Jason or not. It's like the question about the ship of Thesus, except applied to a person.

No, again, I think you're misunderstanding.

What I'm saying is that in addition to the emotional response, I would expect - at the beginning at least - for there to be a physical consequence as well.

You've said that your character can experience what his clone experiences; he sees what he sees, he hears what he hears, he feels what the clone touches, smells what the clone smells, etc etc, and that their brains are linked, suggesting come level of either transmission of cognitive thought, or sharing of will and intent. Now, you haven't specified whether the clones have their own agency, or if they share a single "brain" that directs each of the clones individually - so they are basically extensions of his will rather than true, independent, sentient beings - but I'm assuming that the latter is the case. That is, they all share a mind and that the other two clones act according to the originals will, in a sense.

That being said.

They share senses, they share thoughts, they share feelings. They are linked, mentally. Not quite a Hive Mind, perhaps, but close enough for it to be comparable.

You've also said that they share pain; if one of them stubs their toe, or punches something hard or breaks a bone, the other clones feel it. Muted, perhaps, and not as severe but they still feel a sharp pain as part of their empathic link.

You also say - or at the least, seem to have implied - that they don't feel the pain of the death, or experience a sharp physical sensation as one of their linked number dies? That's a pretty major event, usually painful in some way, and since the brain is experiencing braindeath, you would expect the other linked brains to get some amount of feedback from that sensation of suddenly not being there any more.

So how do you reconcile that lack of feedback or empathic resonance when it comes to death with the fact that they can feel when the other members are injured?

You don't get to have it both ways. If they can feel injury and get a negative physical impact from it, surely they also get a negative physical impact from experiencing death second hand. As I said, I am more than happy for that effect to numb over time as he gets more and more used to the sensations and his brain gets better at shutting it out, but for the first few deaths at least, I would expect some kind of actual, physical feedback from the empathic link suddenly being snapped and the last sensations from this clone being one of pain, then complete braindeath. Or even, if it's a slow death, gradual braindeath.

So, I ask more specifically:

Is there any physical impact from one of the clones dying in the same vein as them feeling a pain in their arm should one of their number break their wrist?

Basically, is there any physical negative feedback from the "Death" on top of the pain of whatever killed the clone?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:19:34 AM by Vergil Tanner »

Online TheBlackThrone

NAME: Bryce Buchanan “BB” or “Baby” If you’re hot.

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE: Bryce is a handsome young man with a youthful and boyish countenance and blue eyes that glimmer with mischief. His hair is short, dark brown, and silky, and his usual routine in the morning is either a) roll out of bed because he’s late for class and try to smear it down with his hand, or b) actually take a moment to glide a small comb through it. He is that guy who wears the T-shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals, and on some days, he actually shows up to class in his blue and plaid pajama pants and a random T-shirt. On his head, he often likes to wear an Alaskan-style snow hat. It’s his favorite hat so lay-off.

He’s 5’10” and weighs 172 lbs. His body type is lean and athletic hinting at his regular visits to the gym.

Face Claim: Alex Prange

ORIENTATION: Heteroflexible (if the need be)

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single and looking; Bryce can be rather smooth when he’s flirting with pretty girls or trying to get their number…well, he thinks he’s smooth at least. He’s a good wingman because he’s played that game several times and is quite experienced. No lady would be making a mistake becoming his girlfriend, despite all of his foolish antics, his mother at least raised him right.

TYPE: Delinquent, player and prep

POWER THEME:

Cryokinesis
Sub Zero – Bryce can reduce his core temperature to the freezing point of water (32degrees F/0 degrees C). Temperatures plummeting below the degrees mentioned will cause him to undergo the same side effects a human would undergo in such frigid conditions: hypothermia, frostbite, etc.
Freeze – He is capable of freezing moisture in the air, creating ice constructs no greater than an equal to 10 ft using his powers. When the air is dry, then the moisture comes from his own body and will require that he constantly replenish his fluids to stay hydrated. He can freeze persons and objects by freezing the moisture about the person to contain them in an immovable shell. For a being of average strength, the shell could be broken out of after 1 turn of being frozen, and if the person makes an effort to escape it. For a being with inhuman strength, the shell can be easily shattered.
Cold – Bryce's natural body temperature is 73 degrees F (22 degrees C). Temperatures exceeding 73 degrees F are deemed hot, exceeding 80 degrees F are deemed uncomfortable, and exceeding 90 would require for Bryce to carry a water source, otherwise suffer from rapid dehydration due to profuse sweating. He hasn’t mastered his powers, and therefore, his body is always cold to the touch. He doesn’t like hot meals, hot showers, or hot liquids and can mostly be found enjoying a cold meal or drink.

CHARACTER FLAW:
Emotional Toward Favorite Hat: It will be the end of the world if Bryce ever loses that hat that most people think is stupid, and they’re dumb and don’t matter! The hat has no interesting origin or story behind it. He’s just had it forever, and thus, its age is clearly seen in its discoloration. No one knows for sure if he’s ever washed it. But he first bought the hat when he was in the sixth grade and has worn it ever since.

Prankster: While not a bully, he does like to pull pranks on friends, such as jumping out and scaring them as soon as they come through a doorway, throwing paper balls or footballs, slam-dunking a person with several books in their arms, and just celebrating random holidays. They might actually be holidays or holidays he makes up to get out of class or create a disturbance to hopefully throw the teacher off his/her flow and thus hopefully making her forget to collect homework.

Undisciplined: When Bryce sits down and actually learns the material, then he does exceptionally well on his exams. He just doesn’t have the discipline to study to an “A” level, but he proves time and time again that he knows the material, but half-asses the homework because he’s too busy out somewhere partying or causing mischief. So he’s managed to happily ride through high school on the back of “Cs” because “C”s still get degrees!

Test-taking Anxiety: He doesn’t show it openly, but Bryce is often the last person in the class on exam day. While other students believe it’s because he’s dumb and never studies the material and thus has a hard time, it’s actually because of his anxiety. He reads questions about five times and double-triple-and maybe quadruple-checks his answers. Timed tests and quizzes freak him out, and he doesn’t normally do well on the five minute pop quiz. The time crunch makes it hard for him to concentrate.

Extrovert: Bryce will always be out somewhere, doing something, whether it be burning all of his youthful energy at the gym or partying. He’ll hit up the 18+ clubs, sneak into the 21+ clubs, and underage drink and smoke pot without a care of getting caught. He hasn’t been caught yet, and he actually feels that he’s too clever to be caught. He’ll return to his house late in the night and get up a few hours later to die in class. Or look dead, thus him showing up nearly late (sometimes just straight out late) and in his pajamas. Detention again? Whatever.

Dehydration: If Bryce is ever forced to draw moisture from his own body, then he must replenish the lost moisture by drinking water. He will normally be seen drinking water at all times to stay hydrated so that he doesn’t dehydrate himself.

Can’t Stand the Heat!: Bryce on hot days will soak his shirts. He will look like he just ran a marathon, and will be the sweatiest guy you know. He just doesn’t like the heat, and his powers just make it worse. A/C please!

BIOGRAPHY:  The Buchanans raised Bryce to be a smart and upstanding young man—we see how far that got them. His father, Duncan, was the man who thought that he could control his life. Religion practically ruled his household. His father had to know who he was dating, who his friends were, he wasn’t allowed to curse, watch R-rated films or listen to the music he enjoyed. Bryce had a taste of rebellion when he was ten-years-old, and ever since, life has never tasted better. Bryce had broken free and he had been free ever since—perhaps too free.

Since middle school he was known as the class clown and he was that kid that did the craziest stunts like being dared to run through the school halls naked without getting caught (but he often got caught any way because he was the only one dumb enough to attempt such a stunt) or kiss Stacy Gonzalez [this can be filled in by an actual player for past history if they want], the prettiest girl in school, on the lips. It was also in middle school where his father let him go to: “Go do drugs, go get arrested, go die in the streets—I dun care whachee do.” For a kid, hearing that from his father hurt, but he didn’t show it. He just knew that Duncan was just mad that he couldn’t control him anymore.

When Bryce entered high school, it was like joining a whole new playground. Puberty had blessed him for there were many girls that he would sleep with and rarely ever date. Girls were attracted to the popularity brought by his silly antics. Any girl he actually dated, he never took home for he knew that his father would try to humiliate him.

As Bryce’s popularity started to become a joke and students started to doubt his intelligence on certain subjects, he also noticed that his popularity was all most girls had fucked him for. He became the player. None were interested in ever truly being with him for they suspected that he didn’t have a well-defined goal in life and that he was too stupid to be successful.

Around junior year, Bryce’s popularity had travelled to Kappa Lamba Zeta fraternity from NYU. They approached him one day after school and invited him out to party with them. They performed shenanigans that Bryce would have never dreamed of doing such as breaking into the campus library and  indoor pool. They went to clubs and party apartments, hooked up with girls, drank, and smoked tons of pot—god, if his father ever found out. Bryce felt that he finally found a crowd that he fitted into. None of the brothers thought that he was stupid. Actually, they suspected that he was pretty smart and got him to help them with their homework. They promised that when he graduated high school that they would put in a good word to have the university accept him, and then they would talk about him joining the fraternity. Sounded too good to be true, but Bryce bought it.

Miscellaneous: Bryce’s family uphold their Scottish heritage, but they are Scottish-American and thus he doesn’t have an accent like his parents. He used to when he was a child, but he since lost the accent by fifth grade. I believe I mentioned everything, but this can always be added to as the game goes on. I am always open for relationship-building, plotting, and shenanigans with Bryce. So feel free to send me a PM!

THEME SONG: What’s My Age Again? – Blink 182

Writing Prompt #3

Football practice…

The field was littered with red jerseys versus white jerseys. The bread and butter of sports was Malcom Wheeler’s very own football team, The Malcom Wheeler Warriors (to change when I know what the school mascot is). The football players were on line.

Red 32!

Set!

HUT!

The center hiked the ball back to the quarterback Brock Schneider (again to change if there is one already). Brock received the ball and trotted backwards, blue eyes focused and searching for the opening. He saw his wide receiver all alone. Nobody was on him and the receiver was turning in preparation to receive the pig. Brock threw the ball. The brown lemon spiraled through the air like a missile. Brock was certain that he would catch it…until…

The quarterback’s lips parted in shock. The wide receiver’s eyes grew in size when a man sprang in front of him. The receiver’s eyes travelled down the pale man’s form to the black thong snug between a pair of ass cheeks and nothing else but for blue and silver cleats.

“Rah!” the naked boy shouted, perfectly intercepting the ball and leaving the team confused, stunned, and falling over themselves.

“Fucking Buchanan,” Brock muttered as an amused grin cracked on his face.

Lost and unsure what to do, several players started absently chasing the streaker, hoping to get the ball back at least. Three players gave chase, running as hard as they could to catch up to him. Bryce peeked over his shoulder to see a player almost within arms’ reach of him and his eyes narrowed as an impish smile curled at his lips. The prankster abruptly stopped and bent over with his ass in the player’s direction.

The player’s no homo response kicked in as he cursed in fright, ”Shit!”

And made himself twirl out of the way of running into Bryce.

Bryce resumed running the ball and upon crossing into the in zone, he slammed the pig down and started marching around like a braggart.

“WOO! YEAH!” he cheered.

He marched up to the three players who stood around him with irritable frowns on their faces and stood on his toes until he was face-to-face with one of them (these fuckers are tall), and shouted, “Yeah boy! Woo! That’s how you run it!”

Brock had been laughing the entire time. If it had been any other day, then he might have been mad to have practice interrupted, but he figured that his team needed the break in tension. Unfortunately, Coach Peterson (again to be changed if needed) wasn’t having it.

“God damn it, Buchanan! You interrupt practice again and you’ll be in detention and for the love of God, put some fucking clothes on!” the coach roared.

“Hey Coach, maybe we should put him on the team!” one of the players shouted in amusement.

“Over my dead body!” Coach Peterson returned, too uptight to recognize the joke.

Grinning mischievously, Bryce ran off into the parking lot. He might have been ballsy, but he wasn’t about to cross Coach Peterson.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:18:44 PM by TheBlackThrone »

Well hey there, BlackThrone! Thanks for the character submission :-) As per usual for me, I'll be hitting the powerset first :-)

Sub Zero – Bryce can reduce his core temperature to degrees surpassing the freezing point of water.

So what is the lowest he can "Chill" his body to? What does it "cost" him to do? Are there any limitations or drawbacks to this? Similarly, how high is his maximum body temperature, if he's always cold?

He is unaffected by frigid temperatures,

So no matter how cold it gets, he's unaffected?

and can surprisingly keep cool in desert temperatures even if the heat is uncomfortable and causes him to sweat profusely.

That is going to have to be changed. What you've basically said here is that he's super cold and his power is based on ice...but he's immune to extremely high temperatures as well, which negates the obvious weakness / limitation that such a character would have. This needs to be altered; if you want a Cryokinetic character, he has to be vulnerable to extremely HIGH temperatures, especially given your statement that dehydration could be an issue for him. I would be happy to say that he can keep cool by constant use of his power, BUT it requires him using moisture (in that scenario, likely from his body) at an increased rate, but him just being basically immune to it? No.

Freeze – He is capable of freezing moisture in the air, creating constructs of ice that he molds using his powers.

What's the range of this ability? How much can he manipulate at a time? What can he do with this moisture; basic shapes, or complex constructs? Can he manipulate it after its frozen, or can he only change THAT it freezes?

When the air is dry, then the moisture comes from his own body and will require that he constantly replenish his fluids to stay hydrated.

So what happens if he happens to completely dehydrate himself? Or if he ends up in an area that has a temperature too high for him to handle? Is his "Maximum comfortable temperature" lower than everybody elses?

Chill – Bryce can push away heat currents in a small vicinity such as a classroom or corridor, using the cold currents his subzero ability gives off and thus lower the temperature dramatically.

This seems odd, considering that you haven't specified that it requires the use of moisture, though everything else he can do does. Does this require him to use his own internal moisture - which would be cooler than his surroundings - to change the surrounding temperature? Also, I do have a small issue with this in that the rest of his abilities - again - seem to rely on the manipulation of the moisture in the air rather than the air itself, and this is pure air control if he can manipulate air currents. This seems to be straddling two different powers, so I'm not sure I'm sold on him being able to cool down the air around him without manipulating his own moisture. If he cools the moisture around him, then fine...but that obviously comes with limitations like "If there's no moisture in the air around him and he wants to cool the area down, he has to maintain it with his own internal moisture rather than just pushing the warm currents away."

I do notice that you haven't really specified any limitations or weaknesses to his power and abilities, so if you could specify those, that would be good, thanks. :-)
Also, why is his "Favourite Hat" under "Flaws?"