You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:39:33 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 18826 times)

Offline Vergil TannerTopic starter

No problem!

Okey dokey...Arthenwel, Aribeth, are you still interesting joining the game, or are you withdrawing your interest?

Offline arthenwel

• The Flame Incarnate
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Why do I get up after being knocked down? Faith.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Still interested. Do you have a verbal enchanter?

Ummm.....define "Verbal Enchanter," haha. Like, Magic, or Persuasion?

Offline AribethAmkiir

Yes, still interested and still here.

Do I just need to edit my post or what else do you need from me?

If you could edit your Bio and post it again here so I can give it a quick once-over, but besides that and maaaaaaybe one or two nitpicky things, I think you should be good to go. :-)

Offline AribethAmkiir

Want me to fix the nit-picky things, as well?

Eh, it will depend on how big the nitpicks are. I'll need to give the edited bio a go over, and if I find something that bothers me enough, I'll mention it. :P

Offline AribethAmkiir

NAME Jessica “Jess” Connors

SEX: Female

APPEARANCE: Jessica is a fit young woman with dark brown hair - often with blonde highlights - steely blue eyes, and a sun-kissed complexion combined with her Portuguese ancestry make her an exotically attractive girl.  At 5’5”, she’s about the average height for a teenager.  She has an athletically shaped body with a defined feminine musculature.   Both lobes of her ears hold graduated piercings, as well as piercings in each helix – a stud in the left and an ear-weave in the right.  While not noticeable in her daily attire, her naval is also pierced.

Tattooed upon her left wrist is the word “Believe”, with the B replaced by a Treble Clef and the L replaced by a quaver, and further up her arm, upon her left bicep is an image with a blue, red, and gold background which reads “Is, Was, and Always Will Be Daddy’s Little Girl 5/4/64 – 9/15/14”.

ORIENTATION: Bi-sexual

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

TYPE: Athletic, Artsy, Party Girl

POWER THEME: Sound Manipulation – She can mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well as, warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound.  Sound meaning a periodic disturbance of the medium (air, ground, water, etc) that radiates outward in straight lines in the form of a pressure wave.  The effect these waves produce upon the ear is perceived as sound.  From the point of view of physics, sound is considered to be the waves of vibratory motion themselves, whether or not they are heard by the human ear.

CHARACTER FLAW:Jessica has a deep seeded need to be seen.  This drives her to act out, attempt to “fit in”, and make poorly conceived choices.

Power Flaws – Jess must focus and concentrate on the origin of the noise to influence it if it originates from any distance further than normal hearing range, up to fifty feet away, at the beginning, and two hundred feet away, as a max.  Focusing in such a way causes her to become less aware of her immediate surroundings, similar to tunnel-vision.

At the beginning, until Jessica learns the least amount of control, she will be assaulted by unfiltered noise and hear everything within fifty feet, though, unable to discern or distinguish individual voices and words, unless there’s limited noise in the area.

Backlash – while using her ability she is susceptible to loud noises in her immediate vicinity or any area between herself and the area she is concentrating upon.  This can effect Jessica in a number of ways which include nausea, disorientation, tinnitus, pain, and temporary, or even, permanent deafness.

Jessica must perceive or know a sound-wave exists in order to affect it, or she can erect a field that will equally alter all sound-waves which pass through it.

BIOGRAPHY: Jessica was born to prestigious parents in the San Francisco area.  She was raised by an au pair and grew up with little want or desire, other than her parents’ attention.  Being as successful as her parents were, meant they spent most of their time in meetings, which more often than not, occurred in other cities and over-seas.  From the time she could walk, it seemed that Jessica was doing something to gain her parents’ attention.  When she was younger, her stunts were considered cute, creative, or even daring.  As she grew older, and it became more difficult to impress her parents or, even gain a second of their time, her actions were considered rebellious.

When Jess reached school-age, her parents sent her away to an all-girl preparatory school in Pennsylvania.  It was there that she began to explore her wide scope of interests.  She was encouraged to join the soccer team, sing in a choir, and participate in the theater club.  Naturally athletic, Jessica discovered a fondness for soccer; however, she fell in love with singing and playing music.   She enjoyed, but was not considered “gifted”, theater, and while she would have killed to earn the lead in a school play, she typically earned the spot of understudy and helped with the set and costumes, where she found another outlet for her creative side.  Despite all of her activities, her parents never attended a game, saw a play, or heard her sing.

When Jessica learned that she was accepted into Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson High School, she was ecstatic.  She was excited to finally attend a mixed gender school, and it didn’t take her long to begin to date.  Her freshman year was a mixture of disappointment and achievement.  She failed to make the Varsity soccer team, but played on the Junior Varsity team; sang in the freshman female choir; and signed-on to help the theater program with sets, costumes, and makeup.  Her grades her freshman year were excellent, receiving mostly As with one B.

Her sophomore year was more of a struggle as her home life was turned upside down when her parents divorced.  While she made the varsity team, she didn’t start and only played in four games.  She felt even worse when her parents decided to suddenly begin attending her games, a thinly veiled attempt to gain her favor.  The sudden attention stoked the flames of her naturally attention-seeking behavior.  Her father bought her a car on her sixteenth birthday, and to top that, her mother took her to Mulan for fashion week.  Ten months later, her father died of an unexpected coronary.  After her father’s death, she was absent for the last month of school, and her grades dipped to Cs and Bs with a single A achieved in choir.

Her junior year started out as a mess.  She mixed herself up with a boy who was a popular senior sports’ star and partyholic.  Jessica became much more focused on what was “cool”.  She refused to participate in choir, skirted her responsibilities to the theater program, and later that year, her grades prevented her from participating in soccer.  In October, she crashed her car, and was charged with under-aged drinking and a minor in possession.  Then, she began failing classes.  It was through the intervention of her guidance councilor, and several teachers, that prevented her from failing out of school.  With their help, in late November, she ended her relationship with the boyfriend, who was obviously a bad influence, and spent the rest of the year repairing her friendships and her standing in school.  She ended the school year with a 2.9 GPA. 

By the beginning of her senior year, her friends forgave her, as did the teachers, or at least, that’s how it seemed.  She joined the senior mixed choir, returned to her responsibilities with the theater program, and continued the tutoring sessions her teachers had setup the year before.  She still attends parties and still possesses a bit of a “hell-if-I-care” mentality, despite the fact that her teachers keep a sharp eye on her.

THEME SONG:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

""

writing prompt 1
Jess focused on her breathing.  Deep, slow breathes.  In and out.  In and out.  Blue colored eyes watched the teacher, at the head of the classroom, pass out the answer forms and then the test booklets.  She promptly wrote her name on the top of the booklet and in the designated place on the answer form.  The last thing she needed was to forget and receive no credit at all.  Though, she needed an A to even pass the class.  She then positioned her test booklet on her left, and the answer form directly beside it and in front of her.  Her gaze drifted back to the front of the classroom and to her teacher who waited for them expectantly.  She chewed on her bottom lip nervously as she waited for permission to begin.

When asked if there were any questions, Jessica raised her hand.  ”This is open book, right?” she asked as she attempted to hide a mischievous smile.

The teacher simply responded with a roll of his eye and a dismissive tone.  Jessica knew the answer before the teacher spoke, but it never hurt to ask.  Some instructors were softies and had allowed such things in the past.  Of course, it was never this teacher and it was highly unlikely for this class.  Still, her question had received a few nervous snickers from her classmates, an added bonus, which caused her smile to widen.  She shot a flirtatious smile to the boy to her left, who had begun to chuckle before he stopped himself.  Then her eyes returned to the teacher and she inhaled deeply once more, held her breath for a few seconds, and then exhaled.

Upon the teacher’s “you many now begin”, Jessica opened her text booklet to the first question and began to read.  She underlined the key words in the question, and quickly eliminated the answers for A and C.  She then reread the question and the two remaining answers. 

C’mon, what was said in the study group?  We went over this.  The QRS interval looks normal, but the T-wave is prolonged.  I don’t even see a P-wave.

Jess was fairly certain the correct answer was B and she shaded in the oval correlating to her choice on her answer form.  The next four questions were relatively easy.  The sixth question, however, she was uncertain about.  She filled in the oval for C, then erased and shaded the oval for A.  Her teeth clamped down on her lower lip and she worked the problem over in her head as her pencil wrote in the air.  Her eyes floated toward the ceiling, and a long frustrated sigh escaped her lips.  "Your first answer is generally the correct answer", the voice of her tutor echoed in her mind.  She shook her head.  She didn't know the answer.  She then erased the A-oval and refilled C, before she drew a star lightly next to the question on her test booklet, and moved on.

Forty-five minutes later, Jessica wasn’t feeling very confident.  She doubted that she was going to pass this test, though she was answering the test’s last question.  She turned back to the front of the booklet and began checking to make sure she bubbled in the oval she had intended.  She came to her first starred question and reread it.  Wait!  There had been another question asking the same thing.  She flipped through her booklet to find the question.  There!  Number forty-three, it basically answered question six for her.  Jessica quickly flipped the booklet back to question six, erased her previous answer and filled in the correct oval.  Well, that was at least one question she would get right.

The other questions she had drawn a star next to weren’t as easy, but she was able to look at them closer and with more time.  She realized she had read one of the questions wrong, the first time through, and made the correction.  The other starred-questions she had no better idea than what she had originally marked.  She counted the starred-questions.  Five.  If she missed all of those and nothing else she would have a ninety percent, and her much needed A.  Her eyes looked up to scan the classroom.  Most of the other students had already turned in their tests.  Butterflies fluttered in her stomach.

Was she the last one to finish? 

No, there were two other people taking the test still.  She exhaled slowly and looked back at her answer sheet.  It looked like she had shaded her answers in darkly, and the erase marks weren’t horrible blotches that might cause the machine to read her answer incorrectly.  Her name was on the booklet and her answer sheet.  Another deep inhale and exhale.  There wasn’t anything else she could do.  Hopefully her study-sessions with her tutor and the study groups would pay off.

Jess slowly stood, and several of her classmates' faces turned to find the sound of the noise.  For once she wasn't pleased by the attention.  The teacher watched her approach, and when she grew close enough, he whispered instructions.  She followed them, placed her answer sheet and the booklet in two different stacks, and then quietly returned to her desk.

writing prompt 3
October rolled around and that meant there were two things up and coming, Halloween parties and the annual school ski trip.  Jessica was obviously going.  She had made it every year, since her sophomore year.  Of course, she had a boyfriend last year, which meant that she spent less time on the slopes than she had the previous year.  This year, she figured she’d find someone to hook up with, maybe when the beer and alcohol moved to the hot tubs or, otherwise, one of the many parties.  There would be plenty of opportunities.

She remembered the truth and dare game she’d participated in the year before.  One of the dares she had completed was to jump into a snowbank in her underwear.  Maybe this year she would skip the truth and dare games - Nah, who was she kidding?  She would do it, especially if people asked her to.  It was one of the most enjoyable things to do with your clothes on.

Jess pulled her phone from the back pocket of her jeans, looked down the hallway, to make sure there were no teachers, and then pulled up her calendar.  Her mom was home for the coming weekend.  Then she would be gone for the month.  The likelihood of catching her wasn’t very high.  It wouldn’t be the first time she’d forged her mother’s signature.  So, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal.  She even had her mother's permission to forge the signature, which meant if the principle asked her mom would claim she had signed the permission slip, like she always did.

Jessica put her phone away and slowly walked to the auditorium where she was working on the backdrop of the set for the upcoming musical.  She’d actually gotten a small role, which she was excited about, and she was in the chorus.  Her mother would be out of town for opening night, but there was a possibility that she’d be there for the Saturday performance, though that depended upon if her flight arrived on time, and there being no other delays.

Halfway to the auditorium, Jessica’s mind returned to the ski trip.  She would need to get her skis waxed, and make sure the bindings were tight.  She needed a new outfit, too.  There was nothing wrong with what she wore the year before - except that she had worn it the year before.  Ski pants and a ski jacket and a new ski mask with a new beanie and scarf.  She didn’t know Copper Mountain as well as she knew Aspen or Breckenridge, but she knew enough of the trails that were typically in the “no ski” zones to be able to hang with the best skiers in school.  She would need her backpack and avalanche survival gear, just in case the worst happened while they were in the "out-of-bounds" areas.  Considering they were going early in the season, and it wasn’t likely there would be much of a snow-pack, the chance for avalanches was low, but it was best to be prepared.  Besides, it would make her look like she was a hardcore skier, which would only make the trip better.

She entered the auditorium, ducked under the partially completed arc, that two of the stage crew were erecting, and made her way to where her backdrop was.  She smiled and gave a finger wave to the rest of the crew before kneeling by her artwork and pulling out her paints.  One of the freshmen asked her a question, and Jessica politely answered.  The girl was sweet, but a bit immature, in Jess’s opinion.  The girl had blue ducks on her backpack after all.  Why someone in high-school would have a duck on her backpack was beyond Jessica’s understanding, and she didn’t exactly spend extra time in an attempt to figure it out.

Blue eyes were drawn to one of the cuter actors and she shared a sultry smile with him before she tucked her dark hair behind her ear.

”Hey, you’re going on the ski trip this year, right?” she asked.

He had gone the year before.  In fact, if her memory served her, he had been one of the people who had played truth or dare; though, he wasn't the one who she shared a blanket with after she had jumped into the snowbank.  It was a fairly safe assumption he’d be going again this year.

When he stopped and replied with an affirmative, Jessica’s smile widened.  ”I need to get my skis waxed.  Wanna come with?”  The boy shrugged and then said sure.  Score!  Maybe he wouldn’t mind giving her his input on a new ski outfit.  Something he thought was cute and that would help her stick out on the slope - so that he could find her easier.  ”How about tomorrow?” Nichole asked, and he once again said sure.  Double score!

Jessica pulled out her phone and sent her mom a text.  Need $$$ 4 ski trip!!  Then put her phone away and began painting.  A half hour later, her phone chirped and when she looked at it the screen displayed her bank account with a hefty deposit from her mother.  She sent a new text, Thnx.  Luv ya!  She would call her mom later, to see how her business trip was going.  The phone call would be short, they always were, but she would show she appreciated the money, and her.

Now, she needed to focus on the set.  She would die of embarrassment if the theater director made a scene because he didn’t approve of what she was doing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:57:38 PM by AribethAmkiir »

ummmm.....yeah, that all looks good! The only thing I'll need to see from you now is your Writing Prompt, and you're good to go! Or did you already submit that? If so, I can't find it. :P

Offline AribethAmkiir

added the writing prompts.

Okey dokey then! send me the Code - minus the writing prompts - and then mosey on over to the OOC's and start either chatting there or PMing people about your Yearbook :-)

Ok, guys! I am bumping this because we find ourselves in need of males! Anybody interested in introducing a male to the female-heavy game, roll on up! :P

Offline CaptainErotica

I will try and throw something together shortly.

No problem! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :D

Offline arthenwel

• The Flame Incarnate
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Do you have a verbal enchanter?

What do you mean by "Verbal Enchanter?" Somebody who is SUUUUUPER persuasive, or like a Magic User?

Offline arthenwel

• The Flame Incarnate
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
As in he can enchant objects to have various effects. However there will be many limiting factors

Well, we do already have a Technopath who can create devices with odd functions, so how would his power - functionally - differ? And what kinds of limitations and drawbacks would he have? Since, y'know, that sort of ability - if poorly defined - can be abused pretty heavily.

Offline arthenwel

• The Flame Incarnate
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Where the technomancer creates machines that do certain things, they are limited to what the material and object allow. Enchanters embue objects or people with various effects. Like, enchanting a blade to be cold to the touch. A necklace that allows you to learn faster, etc.

The drawbacks are that since he verbally enchants things, if he loses his voice or is interrupted, it wouldn't activate. If he enchants a person, which is harder to do, it would last a couple minutes.

If he enchanted an object it would last a few hours. If he enchanted it as he created the objects, it could last weeks to months, depending on how in depth he goes into creating them. (weaving a basket would allow the enchantment to last 5 days, forging a sword would allow the enchantment to last for several months)

Enchantments create a mental strain while active. As if he split his attention up. If he creates another enchantment after he reaches his cap the first is replaced.

Also, his enchantments are spoken in a language he can speak and understand, but doesnt know. (I'll go in depth after work) So, until he learns the language consciously, he won't be able to control which enchantments work.

To enchant a person, he has to know the person's movements, muscle structure and other physical characteristics. Also, his enchantments are limited to enhancing their own physical abilities

Offline arthenwel

• The Flame Incarnate
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
also, the stronger or more specific the enchantment, the longer it takes him to enchant it which allows more of a chance to interrupt

Hmmm....sounds like it could be doable. Throw something together and I'll take a gander :-)

Offline RPG33K

Is this thread still open to new characters and are males still needed?

Offline AribethAmkiir

Is this thread still open to new characters and are males still needed?

Yes, to both!  :D