You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:45:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 19015 times)

Offline Vergil TannerTopic starter

Re: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP REBOOT, M&F WELCOME!
« Reply #275 on: May 21, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
Okey dokey, no problem! If you mosey on down to the OOC, introduce yourself there and get working on your Yearbooks, we can hopefully get you involved ASAP. :D

Offline MissFire

« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2016, 01:14:37 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #277 on: May 21, 2016, 10:27:43 PM »
Yay

Offline Ixy

« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2016, 07:01:01 AM »
Ixy:

Yeah, but surely the increase of gravitation pull would influence it somewhat, since it is now facing a greater level of pull towards the ground than it previously was; in laymens terms, it's gotten heavier (effectively speaking), so wouldn't that impact the objects velocity since its very weight has changed? It would be moving with the same velocity, yes, but that velocity would have to propel a greater effective weight, since the gravitational pull has increased. It now has more resistance to work against, so surely it would slow down faster, or fall to Earth faster than it would have had it remained in the field?

it'd fall to earth faster outside the bubble than in, sure.  If she increased gravity, then things would fall faster inside the bubble.  Things would definitely behave differently outside the bubble than inside.  I guess the trick would be to complete stunts with this in mind. 

« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2016, 12:51:27 PM »
Okey dokey, as long as you take it into account :-)

So, edit in the limitations and ranges and whatnot into your bio, and we can move along in good time. Let me know when they've been edited in, and we can go from there :D

Offline Ixy

« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2016, 01:57:25 PM »
Edited and pending approval, thanks again

« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2016, 02:51:34 PM »
Okey dokey! Send the Code to me so I can post it in the Approved thread, then mosey on over to the ooc to start work on your Yearbook :D

Offline A Painter

« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2016, 03:04:21 AM »
Interested, but I kind of want to play a character with amnesia.  Got their head knocked around real good, and any/all secret desires they may have felt manifest and they seem to be a completely different person.

Ex: A quiet "bad ass" turned bubbly hetero-corssdresser or a snobby, hypercritical honor student turned goofy slacker.  Either character may become a clepto, hoarding things as a coping mechanism for having no memories.

This is just something off the top of my head.  Not sure which idea I like better, but I can cook up something else.

« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2016, 12:00:25 PM »
Hmmm....ok. Not sure if that "out there" of a concept would fit since you'd have to be very careful on how to handle it and how they interact with the characters....PM me with the concept, and we'll chat about it. :-)

And updated! We find ourselves in need of males to satisfy our lovely ladies, so...step on up! :D

Offline Kakashiee

NAME: Zachariah Sin'Claire

SEX: Male

ORIENTATION: Straight

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

PERSONALITY: A difficult person uncompromising person, he deflects his insecurities with humor, uncertainty with sarcasm, tries to appear confident and struggles not to curse.

POWER THEME: Kinetic Manipulation
-Can absorb Kinetic energy via himself or an object, and then release it either via himself or an object.
-Can create Kinetic energy and channel it through himself, or an object
-Can create a barrier of kinetic energy to shield himself
-Even though he can still absorb Kinetic energy, unless it is a projectile or physical attack it will still injure him. If he absorbs fire it will burn him, if he absorbs electricity it will still shock him.
-He can take a punch to the face without being harmed or could absorb a gunshot to the chest and be fine.

CHARACTER FLAW: Exerting to much Kinetic energy at once can have adverse affects on him. If he exerts to much kinetic energy in a punch whatever he strikes could shatter his hand, or tear every muscle in his arm. Using a supernova like move to exert kinetic energy all around him could tear his body apart if he uses to much kinetic energy.

BIOGRAPHY:  WIP

Miscellaneous:
Car
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Volleyball team

THEME SONG:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:06:41 AM by Kakashiee »

Offline Kakashiee

WELP there's my general concept!

Was going for the whole gunslinger approach. If that won't fit for the story I'm willing to change it. If I absolutely need an actual super power I'll probably just start over from scratch.

Alas, I don't think he - as it stands - fits the game.

At the start of the game, the characters haven't got their powers yet...at this point in time, The Event is just happening now, and they only get their abilities after The Event. So...right now, no powers. His profile makes it seem like he's had the eye for a while, when he wouldn't have. Further, I'm afraid you kind of HAVE to have a Power since The Event gives him one...if this was a more futuristic setting we might be able to give him the eye after The Event, but as it stands, advanced Sci Fi technology won't be appearing for a while considering that it's only modern day setting.

So unfortunately, whilst the general background is ok, his powerset just doesn't fit the game. If you want to come up with another powerset or even another character if you deem it necessary, then feel free! But as it stands, we can't accept Chuck as-is. Sorry, dude.

Offline Kakashiee

Ight I changed it, actually gave him a super-power. I'll work on the bio later unless there's something else that needs fixing up on it.

Well, the first thing I notice is that you should probably tone that power down. As it stands, he has about three or four abilities that could all be considered super powerful on their own. This isn't DC and Marvel, so the power scale is MUCH smaller. As it stands, any ONE of those abilities would be considered powerful by WCBH standards. He can both absorb and create Kinetic Energy, create forcefields and absorb heat and electrical energy, even if it does injure him. You need to choose one - he either absorbs it and redirects it, OR he creates and channels it, you can't have both - and then set limits.

For example, having him just able to absorb ANY amount of Kinetic Energy makes him ridiculously powerful compared to everybody else. There needs to be a Hard Cap to how much force he can absorb and still be OK. Like, I'm fine with a punch not doing anything, but if he gets hit by a train and nothing happens, that's getting to stupidly OP levels. Similarly, you need to choose ONE type of energy; you can't have all the energy types, you need to select one that he can absorb and redirect and stick to that. I'm always a little wary of this kind of ability - since it makes it very difficult for anybody to really pose a threat to him - so we need to hammer out some hard limits, some limitations and - most crucially - some drawbacks and flaws in his ability, with predefined stimuli, limits and consequences. Every power in the game needs these, but his power specifically needs to be very heavily codified so that everybody knows what he's capable of and what he isn't. :-)

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

What about a shield manifesting Captain America style?  Charge it up with kinetic energy and he can throw it and have it ricochet back to him?

That could work. It would still have to have limits as to how much / what type of energy it could absorb, of course, along with other sensible limits but depending on how it was done, that could certainly be an interesting variant.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

:: peeks:: Don't like the idea?

Offline arthenwel

• The Flame Incarnate
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Why do I get up after being knocked down? Faith.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Hey guys. I've gotten my schedule worked through and was wondering if I might be able to return to the game?

Well, we'd be glad to have you :-) Are you returning the character you had previously, or pitching a new one?

Offline arthenwel

• The Flame Incarnate
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Why do I get up after being knocked down? Faith.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
For now, just returning with my old guy

Okey dokey, well, just post him up in here so I can take a quick gander at him, but if it's the same guy, there shouldn't be any problems. :-)

Offline AribethAmkiir

Hey Vergil,

May I join?

Of course! The more the merrier! Whip up a Concept Bio and we'll have a gander :D

Offline AribethAmkiir

What year is the story taking place in?  2016?