You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 07:58:59 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 19136 times)

Online Vergil TannerTopic starter

Re: We Could Be Heroes; A Super Sexy Superhero RP, REBOOT INTEREST CHECK!
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 04:01:34 PM »
Well, considering this was one of the previously approved Bio's, I've gone through and seen that everything is identical to what got approved the first time, so....the only thing I have to ask in order to be fair and balanced and unbiased (Shut up, I am) is the same thing I asked of Miss Fire:

How will the power manifest at the beginning of the game? Will she have trouble communicating at first, until she gets the hang of it, and will she eventually be able to "block out" the thoughts of animals around her? Also, considering that humans are animals, what makes them exempt from her mind reading abilities? Is it based on complexity? If so, does that mean that she similarly wouldn't be able to hear the thoughts of - for example - Dolphins?

Besides that, it all looks good! Though maybe you can answer a question for me; what range does her ability have? If an animal goes outside a certain range, does it break free of her control? And at what range does an animals thoughts cease to be readable? :-)

Offline Mael

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 04:07:35 PM »
-snick- I never said you weren't :P
I did change the prompts for the writing, but everything about her is pretty much the same, yes.

I believe that she will come into her power by hearing an animal for the first time, a stream of thoughts that infiltrates her from an animal close by. I think that she will, eventually, begin to "block out" the thoughts, but it will come with experience and mental practice. ^^ She will definitely have trouble communicating back, though it'll come more easily to her for simple-minded creatures - ie. squirrels, small birds, maybe even dogs or cats - and dolphins and apes, things like that, would definitely take some practice and time for her to develop, yes. Humans don't count, in my mind, for her mind-reading capabilities. Humans would be considered the 'most complex' and, I figured, that since her mind is essentially the same, she'd never reach the same capacity to read into a human's mind. If that makes sense?

The range would start pretty small. I actually don't think it would ever extend too much - I imagine that the animal would have to be within like, a five foot radius at first and it could stretch further the more she practices. At the same time, I don't think it would ever extend beyond a radius of... maybe 30 or 50 feet? I don't want it to be too excessive, of course.

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 04:28:47 PM »
Everything else you said is coolio, but I do need to hammer on the point of "more complex;" humans don't necessarily have the most advanced, developed or cranially powerful brains on the planet. As I mentioned, scientifically speaking, a dolphins brain is FAR more complex than ours. We're not the dominant species on the planet because we're smarter...we're more adaptable, and we have thumbs. That's pretty much it. Oh, and the longer lifespans than most animals (though not all). That too. Surprisingly, a crows brain isn't actually that much less complex than a Dolphins...there's a reason they're used to represent wisdom and intelligence in some ancient myths. They're pretty bright birds, relatively speaking.

Anyway, saying "we're the smartest so she can't read our minds" is - even in the setting - scientifically inaccurate. I think the best thing to do would just be to say that brains of a certain complexity are too complex to be read, and that includes most of the Great Apes - of which humans are a member - and dolphins and the like. You wouldn't ever have to draw a specific line, it'd just be for reference. :-)

Offline MissFire

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 04:46:31 PM »
Juniper and Francoise should get along swimmingly. If Juniper smiled and waved, she'd just wave back. One of her better subjects is art and she also hates math. Francoise is too energetic to meditate or do yoga, though.

She'd just sit there. Twiddling her thumbs. Looking around. Counting blades of grass. OH MY GOD JUNIPER ARE WE DONE YET THIS IS SO BORING. I AM GOING TO DIE HERE. GOD IT'S JUST LIKE THE GYPSY WOMAN SAID.

She'd probably as Juniper to command a wolf to let her ride it. Or make an army of squirrels rob a bank. I could imagine the two of them sharing headphones and totally chilling out, listening to music, looking up at the sky, pointing out what clouds looked like stuff.

"That cloud looks like a cat.

"That one looks like a squirrel."

"Don't start."

"NEVER. Squirrel army, June! Squirrel army!"

*exasperated sigh*

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »
I already love that you're part of this game. XD

Offline Mael

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 05:12:17 PM »
Yes, I'm aware, but you basically got to the point that I was trying to make. And when it comes to the whole thing pretty-much being a mystery, I figured that could tie in, too. Maybe she never really finds out why she can't read the minds of humans/dolphins/apes (though I dunno when she's going to run into a dolphin, but the point is made). Crows might be more common, and that might be a point she realizes she can't read the more complex minds yet because she can read things like sparrows, or little song-birds, but not crows or ravens.

Yes, essentially, that's correct. ^^

MissFire:

LOLS. Yes. Yes to all of that.

Offline Thorne

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 05:26:34 PM »
I .. think I saw this go by last time, and kind of un-brained at the sheer amount of Stuff to absorb.
Freeform is also generally not my bag. That having been said.. if you have room for an empath with issues (.. well, wouldn't YOU have issues?) mebbe we can talk.

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »
Oh, by the by, I'm now shipping June's Superhero name as "Squirrel Girl." Or "Beast Babe." Either or. :P

Anyway, as I say, Mael...the distinction won't ever likely come up, but if we go with that reasoning, we're prepared for if it DOES come up. :-) It also helps me, the GM, with plotting. :P Other than that....Juni is accepted! Welcome aboard (again)! :D

Well, of course we have room for an Empath! Obviously the abilities would need to be proportionally moderated (I'm always wary of Psychic Abilities, after all, and Grace's own ability will be extremely heavily moderated by both myself and the target of her powers) but that would depend on the strength, range and nature of her powers. Conceptually speaking, though? I have literally 0 issues with an Empath with issues! :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:37:21 PM by Vergil Tanner »

Offline Mael

... I'ma go with 'Beast Babe'. Though, I imagined the squirrels and sparrow moments to be quite funny. And maybe some dogs. xD

Yes, I figured! Yay!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧.

June when fighting a Miniboss

Offline Thorne

She's managed to self-block herself (doesn't know how, actually isn't aware she did it) so that what should be a two-way ability only receives. Her ability to shield - not feel everything other people are feeling - usually works, unless they're touching her. That goes right through, so she is normally pretty careful about who she lets with the touching. People feeling strong emotion (full range - happiness to rage) are harder to block out, if not downright impossible. Yes, that means she becomes a hermit around finals week. ;p
She can't read minds; I liken it to interpreting abstract art. You might get close, but probably you're never going to get the full intent of the artist...

I never nailed down her range, but right now, she has pin-point down to 'in the same small room', and 'mindless chaos' down to ... um.. area around the room? Same small building? While still learning, I doubt she'd manage 'full city block'. ;p

This school provide training, or is she still taking tai-chi classes to build the fundaments of her shielding technique?

Offline King Serperior

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • I am a Warlock on par with Magnus Bane!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Just so it's known, I am working on a character with an aquatic/nocturnal focus.  May be a day or two to get him up and running.

Ah, I think you may have misunderstood the concept of the game;

The Game takes place primarily around an otherwise normal High School where the students - as far as they know - are the first people in the world to get superpowers, and are dealing with their sudden emergence. They all get them at the same time - at the start of the game, they don't have abilities - and have to learn to control them over the course of said game whilst also attending a normal school that - at this point - doesn't offer any support for Superpowers because previously, they didn't exist. So she wouldn't have been able to Self-Block herself, since she'd only just be getting this power just after the game starts. :-)

And no problem, Serp! Try not to withdraw prematurely this time. ;) :P

Offline Mael

I LOVE THAT PART OF SHREK.
-squeals-

Offline Thorne

Ah, I think you may have misunderstood the concept of the game;

The Game takes place primarily around an otherwise normal High School where the students - as far as they know - are the first people in the world to get superpowers, and are dealing with their sudden emergence. They all get them at the same time - at the start of the game, they don't have abilities - and have to learn to control them over the course of said game whilst also attending a normal school that - at this point - doesn't offer any support for Superpowers because previously, they didn't exist. So she wouldn't have been able to Self-Block herself, since she'd only just be getting this power just after the game starts. :-)

You're quite right, that wasn't clear.

Right, well... hm. That.. is not going to work with that concept. Let me give that some thought.

Well, I will await your fresh idea!

Offline Thorne

Well.. I've got a much looser concept that might fit. A light-manipulator - not like .. was that Fran that had the neon thing? Not like that. Think a little more stage-magic illusionist, only she doesn't need the mirrors. Not likely to be an offensively-useful sort of thing at all until she gets a handle on it.

Illusions, mirages and other optical effects. Might eventually be able to make herself (and others?) invisible, but bright flashes and colours are going to be the best she can manage at start, and even that's not going to work as intended (what, you wanted pretty coloured sparkles? Nope. Super-bright flashbulb from four inches away. Want the flashbulb? Nope. You get a miniature aurora borealis).

Offline MissFire

How about smoke?

Aaaah....unfortunately, Thorne, we already have an applicant who has powers along those lines. I've been reviewing her bio in PM's primarily because of factors that are not my place to explain or digress on, but once she posts it here, she'll be accepted since she's gone through the exact same process as Mael and MissFire, just over PM. It's a bummer, I know, but I want to avoid a double up on powers so even a basic similarity - her powers, whilst not exactly the same, revolve around light manipulation and whatnot - has to be discouraged. So unfortunately...I have to say "no" to the light manipulation. Not no to YOU, just no to that specific power. Sorry...I know what a bitch it must be. :-/

Offline Thorne

That's about what I've got; I don't /really/ think you want a character who can foretell the future even in a 'oracle makes no damn sense' sense.. ;p

So .. I think that's me out. S'lright; there'll be other games. ^^

Well, Precognitive abilities are ok so long as they're GM-regulated. Y'know, visions are GM approved and are (initially, at least) vague and unhelpful. :P That kind of ability has been in the previous version of WCBH before, they were just regulated and kept an eye on. But if you don't feel like this is for you, then I understand...good luck, and thank you for your interest! :D

Offline MissFire

If you need power ideas, my suggestion is to go to Superpower Wiki and repeatedly click 'random page'. See what pops up. It usually takes a few clicks, but you can get some odd stuff you'd never even heard of to pop up. After a few pages I got stuff like;

Astral Projection. Could let the character, in spirit form, phase through walls to scout ahead for the group. Later they might be able to posses weaker creatures, or maybe have premonitions of events occurring in the near future - like the next five minutes, brief, hazy glimpses of stuff. Or something. Projecting could leave them vulnerable while they're out of body.

Inertia Manipulation, which could eventually be really powerful with some creative use but at the moment I'm too tired to wrap my head around the possibilities.

Love Aura sounds like what Grace has.

Frigokinetic Invisibility is just really fun to say.

Haha, that is literally the advice I give people who are stuck on what powers to have. XD It also results in some hilarious moments when you come across a silly power, haha.

He looks very interesting! Though I'm not sure how much male attention he may get, since at the moment there seems to be only one other guy (though Dante is admittedly what I like to call "Hetero-Flexible;" He's only ever been with women, but he's not adverse to being with a male who happens to catch his attention...just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't!), I like the idea of an actually physically-orientated power. Obviously that will be put under scrutiny at a later date, but that's for later! Basically, post a message saying "He's finished" when the bio is completed, and I will go through it asking questions, making suggestions and requests. :-)

Oh no, not trying to suggest that you only want smut. Just noting that with the current line up, it might be difficult if you do desire smut :P Because hey! Smut is always a nice side-dish, right? :P But yes, you are correct; engaging characters over smutty smutty smut smut, every day of the week! I have other games to satisfy my Smutty Smutty Smut Smut cravings. >.>

(Pssst! Grace is a bit of a "slut," and I like to think she's a much more complex character than the stereotype would have you believe...think "Faith" from Buffy :P )

I dunno, I'm just a very sex-positive person, so I tend to create S-P characters. XD
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:57:40 PM by Vergil Tanner »