You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:29:04 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP, ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME!  (Read 18823 times)

Offline Vergil TannerTopic starter

No problem at all! Besides that, I don't really see any issues with her powers...they're well thought out and they have fair limitations and downsides, so as far as I can tell, well done! :D

And haha, yeah, but...well... *whispers* Making her 17 means we aren't skirting the rules quite so much! ;) :P

But you only need to do one of the prompts. You can do more if you want, but only one is compulsory. :-)

Offline Lady Kitsune

Okay, made the changes, gotta stay safe in the rules.  ;)

And my writing prompt. *crosses fingers....and toes*

Writing Prompt
Kimi's focus was absolute. Pale caramel colored eyes narrowed in concentration, blinking away sweat and ignoring the salty sting. Strands of hair that had escaped from her braid clung to her cheeks, a faraway itch needing to be scratched. The loose gray tanktop clung wetly to her back, a distant annoyance. She licked the beaded drops of perspiration from her upper lip. It was only her and the gritty vocals of St. Asonia. God, she loved Adam Gontier.

Every movement was fluid and precise. Her upper body moved forward just so as her left arm extended, making sure not to hyper-extend her elbow. The satisfying impact of her wrapped fist giving off a puff of talc, the sandbag swaying on its chain. Without thought, her body was already moving, the right fist following behind its twin. She slid her right foot back, her body adjusting to the fluid motion of a left kick. It was only when her Uncle swam into her vision, screaming her name, did she narrowly miss him with her right foot. Thankfully, he caught it easily.

“Dude! I could have totally killed you!”

“Not even. With that much focus, you would have screwed it up all on your own. Oh, yeah. You did. What did I tell you. Focus is good but it will handicap you if you stop paying attention to everything around you,” Uncle Mike said, watching her pull her ear buds from her ears.

“Whatever. One day I'm gonna take you down, old man,” Kimi said grinning between breaths. She bent over, her hands on her knees. Wow, she must have been going at it for a while.

“Not even if I had two good knees,” he remarked, eyes rolling. “Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about Martin. I don't know if it's a good idea,” Uncle Mike started. Kimi put a hand up, stopping him before he could continue.

“I got it. You are worried. You'd make my dad proud,” she said with a sad smile. “But I am a big girl and could take out half the guys in this gym. It's a date, man, not an elopement. Besides, no worries about me being out too late. I got a 2 a.m. raid. Speaking of which, what time is it?”

Her Uncle had a sly smile on his face as he said, “Six-thirty.”

“WHAT! He'll be here at seven,” she said punching him in the shoulder hard when he started laughing. She was rewarded with an “Ow” before she spun around, the wet tail of her braid nearly clocking her as she ran for the stairs leading to their apartment. She took the stars two at a time. Kimi burst through the door of her bedroom nearly tripping over a pile of clothes she had sorted earlier for laundry. Grunting, she picked up most of it and threw it in the corner for later. She threw open her closet and began ruffling through the sorry contents. Arms in the air, she realized she wasn't exactly smelling like flowers, her deodorant way past gone.

“Shower first,” she said out loud as she stopped in the middle of her room. “I need some zen. Music, Fallout Boy. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark,” Kimi said to the air. Her computer answered her as the kicking beats issued from her speakers. With that as a cue she dashed to her bathroom, her foot stepping on a used up can of hairspray. Her arms windmilled frantically as she lost her balance. She grabbed for the towel wrack only to grab the towel and began to slide backwards. A girlish scream came out as she twisted, catching the sink and landing with her butt in the toilet. The cold wet sensation shocked her upright.

“Note to self, clean bathroom,” she said to cover her embarrassment. At least the seat was up because she had cleaned the toilet this morning. This would definitely be a humiliating memory she kept to herself. Trying to be dignified, she turned on her shower and peeled her sweat soaked clothes off and soaped down. She stopped at her breasts. Yes, they were round and perky but she couldn't help thinking a little more couldn't hurt. She was still hoping that at seventeen, she would still have time to grow into them. She cupped them and looked heavenward. “Please God, one more cup size. It's all I ask.”

Humming to the music from her bedroom, she scrubbed and washed her hair in record time. Kimi dashed out of the bathroom when she turned off the water, half wet with a towel wrapped round her slim body. She opened the top drawer of her dresser at her array of sad lingerie. Jackie would be sorely disappointed in her. Jackie was one of her only girl friend that was girly. She was always insisting that a girl could not feel sexy unless she had on the right pair of panties and bra set. After picking up a pair of striped bikinis with a hole fraying at the top her eyes darted to the small Victoria Secret bag hanging out of her overstuffed armoire. What was in her drawer would be way more comfortable but she wanted to be sexy for Martin. A real girl for a change.

Oh, god, did Martin like girly girls more? That affirmed her decision. She'd show him just how girly she could be. She grabbed the pink and black striped bag and pulled out the lace cheekers and matching pushup bra. She pranced in front of the full length mirror in her room, admiring the lines of her body. Oh, yeah. She glanced at the clock at had a near conniption. Ten till seven.

Grabbing a brush, she started raking it through her hair, wincing as she snagged on knots. She looked through her closet and her heart sank. T-shirts she had plenty. Gym clothes and sweats by the dozens. What she lacked was anything pretty. What was it Jackie said, oh, put the pieces together and you can have anything. She finally settled on a pair of black leggings and a low cut tunic sweater that had been draped over a chair. Thank god Jackie left it here. Probably on purpose.

A quick blow dry and a smoky eye application thanks to You Tube had her hopping out her room trying to put on her flats. She ran down the stairs ten minutes later than she wanted but slowed before she made it to where she could be seen taking the last set of stairs as if it were prom.

Kimi made a wry face when she realized no one had noticed her entrance. Martin was busy schmoozing with her uncle. Like they didn't schmooze all the time as it was. As she strode toward them, she received a few cat calls from some of the guys in the gym but she was sure it was just to be nice since they were like a family here. Her uncle only raised an impressed  eyebrow that fell into a grumpy concern. Martin smiled big and her stomach flipped. OK, so far so good. As long as she didn't slurp her dinner, she might get a kiss. She left arm in arm with Martin, waving a little finger wave at her uncle who stood with arms crossed and glaring at her.

Three hours later she was back, slamming doors. Men! Seriously. She was a hot young babe. You'd think there was no one better than Martin himself. If he could, he'd probably suck his own dick. Hours of that guy talking about himself and how he was going to be the next great champ. Whatever, she could take him...blindfolded. She stormed up the stairs, her uncle coming out of his room.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing. He wants me to put in a good word for the Great Micheal Micheals, three time MMA champion to train him,” she growled.

“Oh? Ohhh,” he said realizing what had happened. “Honey, he wasn't worth it. There will be others and someone out there with a brain in his head who'll use it to only think about you.”

He said this as he took a resistant Kimi into his arms. She wasn't crying but she sniffed back a few tears. She was glad for her Uncle Mike. If she didn't have him, she would probably be a strung out crackhead dying in a shack. She leaned her head on his muscular chest, listening to his heart. It was a good heart. Comforting. It was no replacement for her mom's but it would do.

“I just want to be a girl sometimes and, and have, I don't know, guys think I'm a girl,” Kimi whined, stomping her foot.

The laughter rumbling in his chest had her looking up into uncle's face, her pout very prominent. He pushed her back, hands on her shoulders as he looked at her earnestly.

“Honey, you just have no idea, do you? Your mother was one of the most beautiful women I have have ever met. Your dad was a lucky man. You look just like her and that's the truth,” he said, chucking her under the chin. She looked up at him, her confidence returning.

“He was just a jerk, wasn't he,” she said with a smile. Then the moment got awkward. “Ok, then. Thanks for the pep talk, Uncle Mike. Gonna go raid now.” She backed away until she was at her door. She watched him shake his head and smile, waving good night to her.

She closed her own door behind her and leaned back against it with a sigh. Well the night wasn't a total bust, she thought as she kicked off her shoes. She had tiramisu for dessert. She traded her outfit for a pair of sweats and a t-shirt with a Game Grumps logo on it. She brought her computer to life the dual screens brightening. 

Her screen saver flashed a smiling picture of Karl Urban from the movie Doom. She leaned over and kissed the screen. “You are my one true love,” she said with a giggle and put on her headset. Martin was already a memory. “Now, to kick some serious ass.”

Uuuuuh....yeah, I don't usually say this, but she looks good to me and I don't have any real niggles about her background or powers! So yeah! Go ahead and pop into the OOC and Character Threads! The OOC is currently chatting about random shit, so what I'd like you to focus on is the Character Discussion Thread; we're just finalising our Yearbooks (the list of other characters and how our character met them, how their relationship evolved and what they think of them now; this is for reference, so we can see at a glance how all the characters are connected), so if you can start working on that (either in PM or thread, it's up to you!) and hopefully get it finished in the next few days, we can start before the end of this coming weekend. :D

If you wouldn't mind sending me the Code for your character in PM, I can post her in the Approved Character Thread. :-)

Congrats and welcome to the game! :D

Character and Plot OOC Discussion Thread

Off-Topic Chatterbox

Online Flower

• Rumplestiltskin ❀❀Bunny Goddess❀❀ ♥♥Search Mistress♥♥ ❀❀Introvert ❀❀
  • Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • The blood of the stars flowed in her veins.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
I'm still alive. I noticed the specifications for males; does that mean female characters are no longer permissible?

Any females who have already been pitched are still allowed. :-) It just means that from now on, any interest has to be in males. So you and Carlissa can still join with females. :-)

Online Flower

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Be gentle, Vergil. >.>

I did want help with the power section. I was not sure how to expand it or if it even needs expanding. I'll do the writing prompt after the actual sheet has been beaten into acceptableness.

Ready for a beating

NAME: Alex H. Peterson

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE: Alex often finds it necessary to bend his head in order to avoid bumping his head into a low ceiling or even avoid becoming more intimate than necessary with a low-hanging branch. His build is a lean athletic one. Daily training from his coaches and a decent metabolism keeps his body peak condition. His brown hair is often tousled randomly around his head. He keeps it cut low to avoid more tedious maintenance from becoming a necessity. His eyes are blue, like his mother, while he has a faint dusting of freckles upon his face and other areas of his body. Around school, he is usually spotted in one of his uniforms, either for tennis or cheerleading. His casual wear usually involves some type of sportswear or jeans and a shirt. 

ORIENTATION: Hetereosexual

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single (Recently broke up with girlfriend)

TYPE: Tennis Player

POWER THEME:

Shape Shifter (humans) : Alex will gain the ability to alter his appearance, morphing into any individual he wants, regardless of gender, age, appearance, etc. The process is a painful one for the first few transformations but will eventually become as easy to perform as blinking one's eye.

Voice Manipulation : Not only can Alex replicate the person's appearance but his voice will shift to mimic their tone and even accent as well.

CHARACTER FLAW:

Power Limiter 1 (Concentration) : It requires mental effort for Alex to maintain the shape of whatever he has transformed into. If he loses concentration, such as falling asleep or becoming unconscious, he will revert back to his original shape. 

Power Limiter 2 (Time Constraints) : It will take repeated experiences and honing of skill in order for Alex to extend the time in which he came remain in whatever shape he has transformed into. His body will give him warnings, basically the Cinderella hour is nearly midnight effect, that he is close to returning to his normal shape. Time constraints also relates to the time it takes for Alex to transform into the person. 

Flaw 1 (Tolerant) : Alex was not blind to the tension in his household as a child. Rather than add his frustrations to the mess, he turned a blind eye to most of it and then made quick escapes when his parents threatened to involve him in their problems. That particular trait carried over to other aspects of his life. He can tolerate a lot of stress without complaint or even outward portrayal of discomfort.

Flaw 2 (Disciplined) : Being on scholarship makes him more cautious than other students. He is quick to think about the consequences of his actions if he skips school or lingers too late at parties. Another reason for his show of restraint is because he understands he needs to be in shape, both mentally and physically, in order to perform well at tennis; something he loves and is not willing to lose for a cheap thrill.

Flaw 3 (Tight Lipped) : Alex does not like speaking about his hometown or even his family. He mostly shrugs off questions or provides some generic answer. To be clear, he is not rude just evasive.

BIOGRAPHY:  Life growing up in Golden, Colorado was a slow paced one and not the least bit extraordinary, at least from Alex’s perspective. In fact, the small, rural town was the type of place where the same families had lived alongside each other for a few generations. If a genealogist took a closer look at their ancestors, of no doubt, there might be some connections between all of them, distantly or not.

Either way, everyone knew everybody. Outsiders were generally regarded with close scrutiny and suspicion. News reports, of kidnappings and murders, had long since eroded any inkling of trust within people’s hearts. It was much preferred if people simply passed through, lingering a few days if necessary, rather than sow their roots. Alex’s parents, Darcy and Herbert, were the type of people who did not heed those subtle and sometimes blaring warnings.

Well, sort of.

Herbert was actually born and raised in Golden. He was well-liked and came from decent parents. When he became of age, he joined the police force, following in his grandfather’s footsteps. He worked dutifully for years, gaining the respect of his peers and the community, and had been going steady for some years with a respectable girl from town. His diligence and dedication earned him promotions throughout the years until finally he achieved his goal of becoming sheriff.

Now, throughout all of this time, he had been going steady with a girlfriend from his high school years, Joan. Many people frequently whispered about their relationship, wondering why he had not popped the question and started a family together. The answer became crystal clear when his father returned from a convention, which had taken him out of state for the first time. When he returned, his father did not return alone. He was joined at the hip by Darcy, a permanent souvenir from his time in the city. To make matters worse, he had married her in a spur of the moment decision.

It was a scandal.

The dust never truly settled around them, even as the years rolled slowly by. Darcy was never accepted by the townsfolk as people saw it as their natural-born duty to remain loyal to jilted Joan.

Darcy and Herbert only had one child together. Guess who? Theirs was a blue-eyed boy; they named him Alex after his great-grandfather, the same person who inspired his father to join the force. It was yet another reason why Alex loved the man because he saved him from being named Herbert. The sins of his mother (they had long since forgiven his father) did not fall onto his head. People treated him fairly.

Alex became interested in playing tennis at a young age, due to his mother’s influence. It was a hobby of hers and she wanted to share it with him. He started out hitting balloons and foam balls before he graduated to the normal tennis balls used by adults. His mother played daily with him and then sent him to camps where his skill could be further refined. It was during one of those camp sessions that he was scouted and then offered partial assistance to the prestigious Malcom Wheeler-Nicolson High school.

His parents argued for months about it until his father finally relented, probably due to the fact that it was uncovered that he had been seeing Joan again and even knocked her up. Apparently, Joan was keeping the kid. Alex really, really did not want to leave but his mother persuaded him as well, saying if he did not like it after a year he could return home for good. His belongings were packed up and the next morning he boarded a plane to New York. His aunt, one he never met before, picked him up for the airport and took him to his new home within her house. Each year, he returns home for the summer but so far has not voiced any real desire to remain there.

Miscellaneous:
  • Member of the Tennis Team
  • Favorite Color: White and Purple
  • Favorite Food: Enchiladas
  • Favorite Season: Summer
  • Favorite Hobby: Tennis
  • Favorite clothing: Jeans
  • Has a younger sister, about three years old

THEME SONG: undecidedsss
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:24:24 AM by Flower »

Ok, so, a simple but obvious question: How tall is he? I don't think you specified :P

Anywho, onto the power....so, first of all, I need some hard numbers. :-) How long can he remain in a new form, and how will that increase as he gets more practice with the form and his abilities overall? When you say that the process is "Painful until he practices," is that for each individual shape or for the ability as a whole? I assume that he takes on the appearance but not necessarily the mannerisms or the memories of the target, so could somebody who knew the imitated individual intimately spot the fraud if she didn't do her homework properly? How would her powers start, and what would their apex be? Can he shift parts of his body (for example, just his fingerprints) with practice, or is it always gonna be an all-or-nothing type of deal? Can he shapeshift into things other than humans?

Also, as you describe it, his "Disciplined" entry doesn't strike me as a flaw. ;) :P

Online Flower

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Ok, so, a simple but obvious question: How tall is he? I don't think you specified :P

He's 7'5. :P Joking, joking. I completely forgot to include it. He's 6'something. I'll add the official number to draft 2.

Anywho, onto the power....so, first of all, I need some hard numbers. :-)

-dons thinking hat-

How long can he remain in a new form, and how will that increase as he gets more practice with the form and his abilities overall?

If it is permissible, perhaps his advancement can be divided into three areas?

Beginner: During the beginner stage, Alex can maintain his transformed form for a few minutes to one hour. Doing so for longer periods of time is ill-advised as it can lead to physical consequences such as headaches after the transformed form has been dropped.
Intermediate: During the intermediate stage, Alex can maintain his transformed form for two-three hours. Physical consequences lessen but are still present, though not as extreme.
Experienced: During the experienced stage, Alex can maintain his form for entire day (ten to fifteen hours). Physical strain is virtually nonexistent.

When you say that the process is "Painful until he practices," is that for each individual shape or for the ability as a whole? I assume that he takes on the appearance but not necessarily the mannerisms or the memories of the target, so could somebody who knew the imitated individual intimately spot the fraud if she didn't do her homework properly?

Ability as a whole. I know we mentioned that he might obtain the ability to transform into non-human animals down the line. I'm thinking he has to conquer each class separately. Meaning, just because he becomes experienced in turning into other humans with no physical consequence does not mean he'll be able to do the same with like...a toad.

And yep, we decided the obtaining the person's memories would be overpowered via messages. 

How would he powers start, and what would their apex be?

It could be super subtle like a change in eye color or just kick him into the deep end with a full transformation, breaking bones and all. >.> I think my end game is a shapeshifter, capable of turning into any breathing being.

Can he shift parts of his body (for example, just his fingerprints) with practice, or is it always gonna be an all-or-nothing type of deal? Can he shapeshift into things other than humans?

I contemplated that but remain uncertain about it, the partial shifting portion. Kind of creepy if you think about it. It could make for an excellent scene though. I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

I want him to be able to shift into other things. Can I have it, pretty please? xD If we do allow that, I plan to start with humans first and maybe discover the rest a little later.

He's 7'5. :P Joking, joking. I completely forgot to include it. He's 6'something. I'll add the official number to draft 2.

No problem :-) Just a small detail that I noticed wasn't there. :P

If it is permissible, perhaps his advancement can be divided into three areas?

Beginner: During the beginner stage, Alex can maintain his transformed form for a few minutes to one hour. Doing so for longer periods of time is ill-advised as it can lead to physical consequences such as headaches after the transformed form has been dropped.
Intermediate: During the intermediate stage, Alex can maintain his transformed form for two-three hours. Physical consequences lessen but are still present, though not as extreme.
Experienced: During the experienced stage, Alex can maintain his form for entire day (ten to fifteen hours). Physical strain is virtually nonexistent.

That sounds reasonable. I have a few ideas, but more on that below :D

Ability as a whole. I know we mentioned that he might obtain the ability to transform into non-human animals down the line. I'm thinking he has to conquer each class separately. Meaning, just because he becomes experienced in turning into other humans with no physical consequence does not mean he'll be able to do the same with like...a toad.

Ok, well..how about we add another layer? Like, the more different it is to him, the more he has to struggle to change into it and the more he has to practice to get to Mystique levels? Like...he masters transforming into males sooner, since he is male so it's just the appearance he has to duplicate. With females, he has to alter a lot of his internal biology to match it (unless he wants to be shapeshifting into females with male equipment....and suddenly, so many hawt images are flashing through my head >.< ), so it takes him more practice and more effort to master male-to-female transformations?

And yep, we decided the obtaining the person's memories would be overpowered via messages.

Thought so, just double checking :D

It could be super subtle like a change in eye color or just kick him into the deep end with a full transformation, breaking bones and all. >.> I think my end game is a shapeshifter, capable of turning into any breathing being.

Hmmm....maybe "Any Breathing Being" is going a bit far, but we'll see how the other powers evolve. That would probably be Endgame stuff, haha.

I contemplated that but remain uncertain about it, the partial shifting portion. Kind of creepy if you think about it. It could make for an excellent scene though. I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

I would be happy with you having that ability as a kind of "Expert Level Ability." Not to be had for aaaaages, but one that he has eventually.

I want him to be able to shift into other things. Can I have it, pretty please? xD If we do allow that, I plan to start with humans first and maybe discover the rest a little later.

I see no immediate issue with possibly having it as an Expert Level branching of his abilities, but we'd have to see when we got there. :-)

Online Flower

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Ok, well..how about we add another layer? Like, the more different it is to him, the more he has to struggle to change into it and the more he has to practice to get to Mystique levels? Like...he masters transforming into males sooner, since he is male so it's just the appearance he has to duplicate. With females, he has to alter a lot of his internal biology to match it (unless he wants to be shapeshifting into females with male equipment....and suddenly, so many hawt images are flashing through my head >.< ), so it takes him more practice and more effort to master male-to-female transformations?

Lol! I thought of writing some scenes where he has the female body but missed some necessary changes. Part of the reason why I'm also debating making him heteroflexible. Boundaries might become blurred after a while. Masturbation takes on a new meaning. >.> Either way, I plan to make it difficult for him. Also, even if he can transform into a woman, he can't have children. Granted, writing him going through the pains of the menstrual cycle amuses me.

In other words, yes, I'm fine with it taking him a bit longer to master turning into women.

Hmmm....maybe "Any Breathing Being" is going a bit far, but we'll see how the other powers evolve. That would probably be Endgame stuff, haha.

Well, by that, I mean, like man, rat, whale, roach...

I would be happy with you having that ability as a kind of "Expert Level Ability." Not to be had for aaaaages, but one that he has eventually.

That's fine with me!

I see no immediate issue with possibly having it as an Expert Level branching of his abilities, but we'd have to see when we got there. :-)

Neat. I'll work on edits meows.

LOL, that sounds amusing :P

Also, yeah...when you change between male and female and can alter your body at will, I can imagine that sexual lines can be blurred a little. XD

Well, make the necessary edits, get us a Writing Prompt and then you should be good to go :D

Online Flower

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Edits Completed

-Added discussed time thingys powers
-Refined disciplined flaw to be more of a flaw
-Included writing prompt
-Added height
-Added theme song

Ready for a Beating II

NAME: Alex H. Peterson

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE: Alex often finds it necessary to bend his head in order to avoid bumping his head into a low ceiling or even avoid becoming more intimate than necessary with a low-hanging branch. He is about 6'2. His build is a lean athletic one. Daily training from his coaches and a decent metabolism keeps his body peak condition. His brown hair is often tousled randomly around his head. He keeps it cut low to avoid more tedious maintenance from becoming a necessity. His eyes are blue, like his mother, while he has a faint dusting of freckles upon his face and other areas of his body. Around school, he is usually spotted in one of his uniforms, either for tennis or cheerleading. His casual wear usually involves some type of sportswear or jeans and a shirt. 

ORIENTATION: Heteroflexible

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single (Recently broke up with girlfriend)

TYPE: Tennis Player

POWER THEME:

Shape Shifter (humans) : Alex will gain the ability to alter his appearance, morphing into any individual he wants, regardless of gender, age, appearance, etc. For his learning curve, he will have a better success rate and ease of completion when transforming into other males. Females will prove a complication (as they often are) and take longer to manage properly.

Partial Transformation : Alex can partially transform his body, either by transforming certain parts of their body independently of the rest of it or into a "half-state" between two forms. In the case of those who can shapeshift and/or transform, this is largely due to increased control over the transformation. This is only accessible during the experienced stage.

Voice Manipulation : Not only can Alex replicate the person's appearance but his voice will shift to mimic their tone and even accent as well.

Shape Shifter (non-humans) : Upon successfully learning and mastering the human form, Alex will gain the ability to alter his appearance, morphing into other species. The three stage process, outlined in shapeshifting (humans), will apply to each class of animals.

CHARACTER FLAW:

Power Limiter 1 (Concentration) : It requires mental effort for Alex to maintain the shape of whatever he has transformed into. If he loses concentration, such as falling asleep or becoming unconscious, he will revert back to his original shape. 

Power Limiter 2 (Time Constraints) : It will take repeated experiences and honing of skill in order for Alex to extend the time in which he came remain in whatever shape he has transformed into. His body will give him warnings, basically the Cinderella hour is nearly midnight effect, that he is close to returning to his normal shape. Time constraints also relates to the time it takes for Alex to transform into the person. 

Flaw 1 (Tolerant) : Alex was not blind to the tension in his household as a child. Rather than add his frustrations to the mess, he turned a blind eye to most of it and then made quick escapes when his parents threatened to involve him in their problems. That particular trait carried over to other aspects of his life. He can tolerate a lot of stress without complaint or even outward portrayal of discomfort.

Flaw 2 (Disciplined) : Being on scholarship makes him more cautious than other students. He is quick to think about the consequences of his actions if he skips school or lingers too late at parties. Another reason for his show of restraint is because he understands he needs to be in shape, both mentally and physically, in order to perform well at tennis; something he loves and is not willing to lose for a cheap thrill. This trait has helped him excel in a number of areas but it has also caused a few acquaintanceships and friendships to become severed. Some people don't bother inviting him to places because they already know what his answer will be. In addition, sometimes Alex would rather bury himself into work than address other matters, that he can't control, in his life.

Flaw 3 (Tight Lipped) : Alex does not like speaking about his hometown or even his family. He mostly shrugs off questions or provides some generic answer. To be clear, he is not rude just evasive.

BIOGRAPHY:  Life growing up in Golden, Colorado was a slow paced one and not the least bit extraordinary, at least from Alex’s perspective. In fact, the small, rural town was the type of place where the same families had lived alongside each other for a few generations. If a genealogist took a closer look at their ancestors, of no doubt, there might be some connections between all of them, distantly or not.

Either way, everyone knew everybody. Outsiders were generally regarded with close scrutiny and suspicion. News reports, of kidnappings and murders, had long since eroded any inkling of trust within people’s hearts. It was much preferred if people simply passed through, lingering a few days if necessary, rather than sow their roots. Alex’s parents, Darcy and Herbert, were the type of people who did not heed those subtle and sometimes blaring warnings.

Well, sort of.

Herbert was actually born and raised in Golden. He was well-liked and came from decent parents. When he became of age, he joined the police force, following in his grandfather’s footsteps. He worked dutifully for years, gaining the respect of his peers and the community, and had been going steady for some years with a respectable girl from town. His diligence and dedication earned him promotions throughout the years until finally he achieved his goal of becoming sheriff.

Now, throughout all of this time, he had been going steady with a girlfriend from his high school years, Joan. Many people frequently whispered about their relationship, wondering why he had not popped the question and started a family together. The answer became crystal clear when his father returned from a convention, which had taken him out of state for the first time. When he returned, his father did not return alone. He was joined at the hip by Darcy, a permanent souvenir from his time in the city. To make matters worse, he had married her in a spur of the moment decision.

It was a scandal.

The dust never truly settled around them, even as the years rolled slowly by. Darcy was never accepted by the townsfolk as people saw it as their natural-born duty to remain loyal to jilted Joan.

Darcy and Herbert only had one child together. Guess who? Theirs was a blue-eyed boy; they named him Alex after his great-grandfather, the same person who inspired his father to join the force. It was yet another reason why Alex loved the man because he saved him from being named Herbert. The sins of his mother (they had long since forgiven his father) did not fall onto his head. People treated him fairly.

Alex became interested in playing tennis at a young age, due to his mother’s influence. It was a hobby of hers and she wanted to share it with him. He started out hitting balloons and foam balls before he graduated to the normal tennis balls used by adults. His mother played daily with him and then sent him to camps where his skill could be further refined. It was during one of those camp sessions that he was scouted and then offered partial assistance to the prestigious Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson High school.

His parents argued for months about it until his father finally relented, probably due to the fact that it was uncovered that he had been seeing Joan again and even knocked her up. Apparently, Joan was keeping the kid. Alex really, really did not want to leave but his mother persuaded him as well, saying if he did not like it after a year he could return home for good. His belongings were packed up and the next morning he boarded a plane to New York. His aunt, one he never met before, picked him up for the airport and took him to his new home within her house. Each year, he returns home for the summer but so far has not voiced any real desire to remain there.

Miscellaneous:
  • Member of the Tennis Team
  • Favorite Color: White and Purple
  • Favorite Food: Enchiladas
  • Favorite Season: Summer
  • Favorite Hobby: Tennis
  • Favorite clothing: Jeans
  • Has a younger sister, about three years old

THEME SONG: Wings by Birdy

Writing Prompt
“Where’s Mom?” Alex questioned, careful to keep the simmering irritation absent from his tone, as he stared expectantly up at his father’s face.

It never failed to grate on his nerves that his father and he shared so many physical commonalities with one another. After years of bearing witness to his mother’s continued humiliation and misery for his father’s sake, he craved disassociation from the man. Fate had other plans in mind. His mother refused to abandoned man’s side, clinging to memories of a good life which no longer existed, while Alex was frequently reminded of where he had come from whenever he caught a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror.

He suppressed an instinctual grimace when his father pointedly ignored his question and reached out for him, pulling Alex into a tight hug. Instantly, his nostrils were invaded by the stench of his father’s cologne. It was a scent the man doused himself in for years. Going so far as to purchase boxes of the crap to ensure he always had bottles of it if the company ever went out of business.

His eyes burned with the presence of unshed tears before he swallowed hard in order to rein in his unstable emotions. Alex’s hands remained limp at his sides before he performed the obligatory motion, lifting his hands to embrace his father back. Doing so made him feel like a sellout, a coward. He did it all the same in order to maintain the illusion of peace between them.

Conflict waged within his mind, like always; it was difficult to recall his intense loathing for the man during these moments where he could literally feel the love pouring from the man. Surprisingly, it was always his father rather than his mother who pushed for him to return home without fail each time he came to visit them. Relief poured through Alex’s body when his father released him from the hold. 

“You’re less scrawny than the last time I saw you. Has your aunt finally managed to cook a decent meal?” His father teased lightheartedly before he gently pried the bags from Alex’s hand, intent on helping and carrying the luggage to the car.

Alex cracked a lopsided smile at the thought of aunt in the kitchen. The woman had trouble cooking hot dogs without burning them since her attention span was shorter than a goldfish or a hyperactive kitten. Most of the time, they purchased food which required little preparation or fattened the pockets of local restaurants due to their frequent ordering. Every now and then, Alex watched a Youtube video and tried to replicate what he had seen. It often turned out disastrous, resulting in stomach aches or devout worshipping to the porcelain goddess.

“I’m still the same size as the last time you saw me, Dad,” Alex commented and then followed behind his father as he lead the way through a  throng of people and eventually out into the airport’s parking lot. “Doesn’t look like you can say the same though. Maybe I should tell Mom to stop making so many pies and start putting out more vegetable trays.”

His father let out a guffaw of laughter. “Don’t dare put that idea in her head.”

Disappointment surged anew within him when they reached the trunk. His mother was still absent from greeting him like usual with her usual smile and infectious warmth.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:30:10 PM by Flower »

Looks all good to me! I can't spot anything immediate, at least...though if you wanted to have something about "Partial transformation" being an "Expert Level" use of his powers, then edit that in too. But yeah, it all looks good to me, no real issues or anything, so...welcome to the game! The OOC and Character Chat links are above, so drop in there and say hi! Basically, we hope to start on Saturday, so if you can try and get your Yearbook - basically, a list of your characters first meetings and current relationships with the rest of the cast - done by then, that would be a HUGE help. You can do that in thread or over PM; it's entirely up to you, but that will go in the Character Discussion Thread. The Chatterbox is for inane, off topic and silly chats amongst friends. :-)

So the only thing left is for you to send me the Code of your bio ( "[ code] " ) and I'll post it in the Approved Character Thread! :D

Online Flower

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Partial Transformation : Alex can partially transform his body, either by transforming certain parts of their body independently of the rest of it or into a "half-state" between two forms. In the case of those who can shapeshift and/or transform, this is largely due to increased control over the transformation. This is only accessible during the experienced stage.

Just running the above by you before I add it.  I basically took it from the super power wiki. :-)

Yhup, no problem! Obviously that will be a late-game addition, but you can add it in. :-)

Offline Juggtacular

Dontae's powers have been edited. He now has Super Speed.

Ok, so, first thing's first: you might want to go through and double check everything in the power section. There are several bits where you missed "her" and "Janelle." :P

Second, we're gonna have to work over those powers a bit to fit them into the slightly adjusted powerscale.

Basically, he has super speed, healing factor AND super durability, as well as increased information processing. That's a decent four effective powers in one, which is orders of magnitude stronger than most things present in the game ATM....and the problem is, it has no negative drawbacks whatsoever. No increased metabolism, no problems with his stamina and energy, no issues with controlling his speed, no problems with extra stress on his body or senses...the only flaw you've listed is a personality one, so as far as I can see, his power doesn't have any drawbacks or limitations.

So, basically, I will need to ask you a few things:

-- First, what is his Hard Limit? What is the absolute fastest he will be able to run and for how long, at the peak of his powers?
-- How fast will be start off being able to move? How quickly will that evolve and escalate?What are the drawbacks to moving at faster and faster speeds that he will have to deal with?
-- Why does he need an accelerated healing factor on top of his super speed? He already has a "Speed Field" and enhanced durability to deal with the higher speeds, so why include a healing factor there as well? Whilst it would make sense in a DC or Marvel setting, or even the last WCBH setting, this ones powerscale has been tweaked a bit, so having speed, durability, healing and protection from the effects of his speed is a bit...OTT, honestly. Super Speed is already considered one of the most powerful abilities a Superhero can have.
-- "Even his reaction times, and information processing speed are incredibly high so he doesn't crash into anything while running. This is useful for quickly memorizing information as well."
This is creeping dangerously close to Dante's Major Power, and I feel the need to point out now that I have the chance that reflexes - which is more than reasonable for a Speedster - has nothing to do with information processing, and even if his brain moved faster, how quickly you can process information has nothing to do with retention. So whilst I'm ok with him being able to react and think quickly at high speeds, I do have issue with that somehow linking to greater information storage and retention when there is really no real casual link between the two. You can be able to process information quickly and have a shit memory. Just look at pre-80's PC's, har har, Computer Joke Har.
-- Basically, the only flaw is "Negative World View" and "Enhanced metabolism," which gameplay wise isn't exactly a flaw considering you've stated that he can move at these speeds for extended lengths of time. What kind of flaws and drawbacks and limitations do you think could be put on this power to make it more in line with the powerscale of the rest of the current cast?

Offline MissFire

Enhanced speed kind of steps on Fran's power just a little, as it is part of her movement ability. Durability was covered by Henri, but since he is gone that might be the way to go. Or super strength.

Offline Amarlo

I think density control is open again too, if I'm reading things correctly. The one that had it left the game. Unless I somehow miss it. So maybe Jugg can go back to that?

Offline Juggtacular

If it is, I'll switch Dontae back to his original power, because I'm used to standard powers like super speed having the standard sub-sets that come with them for practically ever  important speedster in comics ever, which is basically the stuff I mentioned.

That's fair enough, but in a game like this with such a small powerscale, even those subset powers could make your character easily the strongest in the game...which defeats the point of having the team.

Anywho, I checked and the Density Manipulation person did indeed leave and I didn't make the connection. So if you want to take that back, then go ahead...I'll still need some hard numbers and limits, though ;)

Online Birchleaf

Re: We Could Be Heroes; Super Sexy Superhero RP REBOOT, M&F WELCOME!
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2016, 09:33:47 PM »
So, here is my starting proposition. Hopefully, it is at least a little interesting.

Arek C. Ellis
Name: Arek Czeslaw Ellis

Sex: Male

Appearance: Face Claim: Tom Holland. See picture

Orientation: Straight.

Relationship Status: Single. Virgin.

Type: Preppy Nerd.

Power Theme: Technopath Gadgeteer. Arek Saw something that mortal eyes were not meant to see. He drank deep of Yggdrasil's well. He absorbed the forbidden pages of the necronomicon. Or something. He is not really sure. The upshot of this all is that he somehow gained instinctual knowledge of science and engineering beyond that of the entire human race (or at least, he boasts that he has). His mind is insufficient to process this however, and while he generally Just Knows the answer to questions about science or mathematics, he has no idea how or why he knows, and he cannot explain it. When he is in his normal, everyday state, he can repair, jury-rig, hotwire, troubleshoot, or whatever he needs to do to any technology/machinery he comes across. This just makes him the world's most competent mechanic (well, according to him, at least), and is not the truly extraordinary part of his power.

In order to truly access the Knowledge that he Just Has, he goes into a sort of manic, hyper-focused, zen-like state that, afterwards, he can barely remember what the hell he did to make that, or how someone else can do it. He calls this the Manic Phase. In it, he can build truly extraordinary things, beyond anything that human science yet understands, from death-rays to levitating cars, jetpacks, force fields, fully sapient A.I.s, and tap-dancing poison-spewing laser-firing nuclear-powered self-teleporting chess-playing coffee machines. These devices are sometimes comprehensible if taken apart and studied, but usually use avenues of science that mankind has not yet dreamed of, and trying to reverse-engineer the spawns of his Mania will drive one to madness. Arek himself is not sure what he does to make these machines. Is he actually an enchanter, making pacts with dark forces to imbue his creations with arcane power? Is he secretly a psion, pouring his mental power into these devices to give them abilities beyond science itself? Or is any Sufficiently Advanced Technology indistinguishable from magic anyway, and those seeking to understand his creations are like ancient Greco-Roman Philosophers confronted with a supercomputer: at such a loss that they are forced to throw up their hands and simply declare Deus Ex Machina: A God From the Machine?

Flaws/Weaknesses: Despite the above, Arek is but a normal human, body and mind. And a frail one at that. He does not have the mental or physical strength to actually use his ability without harming himself. When he slips into the Manic Phase of building, he will neither sleep nor eat, and will work with utterly inhuman speed, strength, and efficiency. This is because his Manic Phase overrides the human body's self-imposed limits. This means that he can work faster than any other human alive (well, besides dedicated speedsters) but since this is not a power of his, he is actually physically tearing himself apart, as those unconsious limits are there for a good reason. He will work with extraordinary focus on the task until he drops unconscious unless he is babysat by someone less insane. Nor can his mind keep up with the nigh-eldritch knowledges that flow through his brain and manifests itself in his machines, and the longer and more he works, the less sane he becomes. This means that he can build ever more terrifyingly advanced technology, but loses all sense of perspective and realism. If left unchecked, he will build the very problems that the team is trying to stop. If he ever manages to build that Self-Powered Genius Ultra Happy Fun Robot of Joyful Doom, well, the thing is not going to take orders from him. Thus, the his most epic successes are also inevitably his most spectacular failures. For his power is built of a madness: his knowledge of the innermost scientific workings of the universe is such that mortal minds are not yet able to comprehend, belonging instead perhaps to the next evolutionary level of mankind, or a higher order of creation. Or so he speculates, for he likes to state things in grandiose, cosmic ways.

The upshot is that, if he is to remain sane and useful, instead of building nonsensical, self-destructive artifacts of his madness, he needs occasional supervision. And supplies. And access to really heavy industrial equipment. Uranium-laced gold-plated carbon nanotubes in a titanium shells do not grow on trees: they require a lot of prohibitively expensive materials and specialized machinery. He cannot make grenades from pinecones and bubblegum, after all: they require chemicals, casing, agents, and reagents. In this he is limited to building things that he has the parts for, and the more extraordinary the device, the more expensive in time and resources it tends to be.

He is vulnerable to everything that kills or harms ordinary humans. Although, if he is in the Manic Phase, he will likely be stupidly hard to kill, less because he is tough, and more because he is too busy to die. It is best not to try to attack him in this state. Nuclear Radiation and industrial chemicals of various types might not harm him. Maybe. He certainly handles all sorts of dangerous and toxic items with no regard for personal safety, and does not seem to be suffering. Well, more than the obvious. Perhaps his Mania gives him the focus and skill to avoid the ordinary human errors that makes such items dangerous? Like with the rest of his power, he has no clue.

It seems that contact (social or bodily) with other people, especially those he has more intimate relationships with (physical or emotional) can keep his power from spinning out of control. In the beginning, merely being around sympathetic souls and able to talk to them can keep him sane and grounded. As time goes by, more extreme measures may be needed.

Personally, his character flaws of a more mundane sort are being somewhat of an obtuse, charismatically unsociable know-it-all. He is fond of quoting the Bible, ancient philosophers and orators, William Shakespeare, and William Shatner (along with authors and pop-cultural sources of a truly dizzying variety), and frequently does not know when to shut up. He means well, but his strongly religious background and personality means that he is often rather judgmental and highly intolerant. He is usually easy to get along with, but his vocal views on a variety of topics do not endear him to people, if the conversation turns to those subjects.

He fancies himself a poet, but is not a good one. His verse is average to poor. He knows that he has no talent, but this still irks him and he does not often acknowledge this fact.

Biography: Oldest of six children, Arek's comes from a large, loving, distressingly functional family. No tragic loner backstory for him! His father, in contrast, was the only child of two now-deceased immigrants from Wales and has no other family in the U.S, making the Ellis portion of the family rather small. His mother more than made up for it by being part of a large clan of Polish immigrants by the name of Sówka who had settled in the U.S. a few generations back. A friendly, rowdy bunch, they remained true to the Eastern Orthodox Church, and brought up Arek and his siblings in that tradition. He is pretty much convinced that this is as it should be, and takes a dim view of 'Modern Decay', with 'Modern' sometimes being understood to mean anything after the Great Schism of 1054. Despite his background: he is an avid consumer of nerd culture.

His mother works as a homemaker, while his father is an engineering professor at a local community college. Both his parents were scholarship students at Malcolm Wheeler High however, and though they live a state away, they thought it important to send him to go to school at the high school they met at and have fond memories of. Now in his senior year, he has a reputation around school as a bit of a prude, but pretty amiable despite personal eccentricities. He has never dated despite his looks, generally because he never notices when women like him, or becomes nervous when they come onto him in such a way that their liking him is unmistakable. He as developed crushes on various girls, but tends to daydream from afar rather than do anything about it.

He went on the ski-trip because his mother told him he simply had to: she had enjoyed the trip when she was in school, and he had to as well! His feelings on the event are mixed. Eh, it could be fun.

Miscellaneous: Arek likes computer games, Dungeons and Dragons, philosophy, poetry, fencing, archery, LARPing, and every other nerdy pastime known to man, apparently. He talks a lot about writing a science-fantasy novel about a tech-wizard exploring Precursor Ruins on a dying planet, but though he has a few hundred pages of setting info, including local political structures and naval designations, he barely has two chapters actually written down. He really likes music, with somewhat odd, and extremely broad, tastes.

He speaks fluent English, Welsh, and Polish, and just enough of Latin, Greek, and Quenya to make him annoying.

Theme Song: Any techno remix of a classical piece. Especially 'In the Hall of the Mountain King'.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

My little story here is based on a memorable test that I had in college, and is biographical in that sense. I was less of a jerk about it than Alek is, though. I think. My mother had oddly similar habits when she was in school, I gather.

Writing Prompt
So... today there was supposed to be an exam. In chemistry. Which was awful. Alek was not fond of science or math classes in general. He had no real talent for those subjects. Well, not so much talent as he had in language, literature, or history, at any rate. Still, grades were grades, and if he got less than an 'A-' on anything, his father would send him one of those sternly worded letters about focusing on his schoolwork and not on computer games or daydreams about tech mages. Well, not a letter, really, more of a phone call. But no one ever sent a 'strongly worded phone call' to the editor, so he went with the poor comparison for the sake of the poetry of it. Except... no, that was not actually poetic. Mostly it was stupid. Dang. He was distracting himself again.

Anyway, despite how annoying his father could be, his mother's call would be worse. She would be anxiously asking him if he was feeling depressed, if anything had gone wrong, if her poor boy was having trouble because of his health or diet, or because one of the cruel girls who did not realize how special her dear son was had turned him down... Basically, he would suffer through an hour of tragic concern for his welfare, and after that last time, he was in no hurry to go through the near-torture of parental love. All those kids with broken, divorced, dysfunctional families did not know how easy he had it.

Kidding, of course, he was well aware that he was extremely blessed to have the family he did. Even if it meant that he would never become an action hero or develop superpowers. Such things only happened to people with tragic backstories, and his was unrelentingly happy and pleasant. Well, unless he failed this test. Then his parents would kill him. With lectures and overblown concern, but still, dead.

So it was a good thing that he had not bothered to study.

Crap.

Frantically, he pored over the textbook while striding madly back and forth in the back of the classroom, eyes twitching, right up until the teacher entered and told him to cut it out. It was time to start the exam. He was nervous enough that he started to visibly sweat. What if he could not remember the proper formulas? What if his pencil broke, and he could not get another one? What if evil gnomes scooped out his brain and replaced it with week-old raisin porridge, like the awful, awful stuff his aunt Józefa insisted on making for breakfast when he visited her house? Okay, that last one was not super likely. And the pencil worry was not logical either. He could just sharpen it again, after all. Or borrow one from the teacher.

Taking a deep breath, he did as instructed and turned over the exam. Pencil to paper. My name is... well, I am off to a terrible start. What is my name?

Ten minutes of furious writing later, he stood up and brought his test to the front of the class. "I am finished, teacher." He announced to the proctor. "I probably failed, but this is my final answer. May I go to the library for the rest of this period."

The teacher rolled her eyes. This student. Same damn story every frikken test. He would go into a showy panic, finish in near record time, announce his failure, and get close to 100%. It was maddening. But she was not sad to unload him off to the librarians, rather than having him tapping his leg nervously the rest of the period. "I am sure your test is fine, Ellis. Stop humble bragging and go read something."

Grinning, Alek left the classroom, not noticing the dirty looks shot at his back. The exam was gone from his mind already: he was too busy thinking about the next Star Trek novel he would pick up. They had one by William Shatner! He was not sure if it would be really good or comically bad, but either way it should be memorable...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:59:49 AM by Birchleaf »

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2016, 09:41:07 PM »
Don't worry about the Yearbook, you only do that after you've been approved. Get the writing prompt done ASAP though, please. :-)

I'm actually long overdue my bedtime, so I shall look at him tomorrow! :-)

Online Birchleaf

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2016, 09:51:51 PM »
The writing will have to be tomorrow. Too late now.

« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2016, 05:43:31 AM »
Ok, well, we spoke about this over PM, but obviously placing it here for "Public Record," as it were...this is difficult to place Hard Limits on, so any machine he builds is gonna have to be approved both by the GM and any characters it directly affects. Are you ok with that? This power limit will be less of a "Limitation" limit and more of a Gm saying "That's silly, don't do that." :P Obviously slide in there that whole thing we discussed about the limitations of his materials; no grenades out of pinecones and tape, for example, and the chances that his more "weird" experiments will backfire or explode. You touched on it briefly, but I think you need to specifically state it as a downside in the bio. Also, maybe make it clear that the whole "next evolutionary stage of mankind" and "he's the best mechanic on the planet" are just his boasting :P Otherwise, it might come across sometimes as "Look at him, he's a special little snowflake who's soooo much more special than your characters!" :P :P