I've had this idea in my head for a while now and thought I'd share it here. See if it generates enough interest to warrant a full game. For now, here's the idea I had in mind:
The game takes place approximately twenty years after the climactic final battle between Shredder and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Since then, the turtles have continued their work in protecting the streets of New York City from extra-ordinary threats. Each turtle (and April) has become respectable masters in the art of Ninjutsu (yes, even Michelangelo). Under Karai's leadership, remnants of the Foot Clan created an alliance with the turtles. The turtles are now in their late thirties and approaching forty.
One day, Grand Master Splinter, AKA Hamato Yoshi was murdered and killed in cold-blood. The turtles went to investigate his death a couple months ago.
They never returned.
That was when Shredder made his return. With the help of some followers who still remained loyal to him, he took back leadership of the Foot Clan through sheer force. In what seemed like a blink of an eye, the streets of New York were retaken by the Foot. Was this really the same Shredder from twenty years ago? Was he not slain in battle back then? What was going on... and where were the turtles when they were needed the most?
Shredder claimed he killed the turtles two months ago. They were no more.
Fortunately, the Hamato Clan has not died. For the past twenty years, Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, April, and Casey Jones took on disciples of their own. Coming from all walks of life, from humans to mutants to extra-terrestrials... these disciples represented the new generation and the future of the Hamato Clan.
Now it's their time to take up arms. Their turn to protect New York City...
... But their first priority was to avenge their fallen masters.Other things I had in mind for the game:
- This version of TMNT uses the lore that Hamato Yoshi himself became Splinter, not his pet rat
- You can play a human, a mutant, an alien... whatever fits the world of TMNT
- It would be highly preferred that you play a character who was directly taught by one of the turtles (or April or Casey), but wouldn't be required
- Definitely belongs in at least the Exotic, if not the Extreme section of Elliquiy
- I'm also wondering if I should have the turtles be playable as well, while Splinter remains dead and needs to be avenged
- Also considering having Karai and Leo get together, with their marriage solidifying the alliance between Hamato and Foot