Note this may seem a little rough because i've never tried to start a group RP before. But basically this is a Super powered themed story but with a slight twists in how powers work.
OP themesRaise your Flag- Man With a MissionTerraspex= Amazing BreakEnd Of The world= Tommy, Coda and Jin
in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, a massive black and white monolith rises from the depths of the ocean. Once it stopped rising, a giant blast of energy surged through the sky, temporarily knocking out all electricity. As riots broke out, something odd occurred. Certain groups of humans began to exhibit extraordinary powers. After order was restored around the world, serious investigation began on these powered humans, now called Incarnates. So far these have been the only findings
1. An Incarnate awakens their powers through times of conflict. For example, reports of Incarnates awakening often involved being attack by a large group of people or seeing their loved ones killed.
2. While the abilities vary from person to person, there are three main categories of Incarnates
Transformation: Incarnates in this category are usually the most common. Some can transform into animal like creatures, monstrous forms, armored forms or elemental.
Summon: Incarnates gain access to a familiar of sorts. Often humanoid in appearance, these familiars generally do the fight or can fight in tandem with their user. However one side effect is that if the familiar is injured, then the Incarnate is injured. For example if a familiar's leg is severed, then the user's leg will be severed as well.
Conduit: Incarnates whose powers are within an object. Often something that holds a great value to the incarnate. For example, one Incarnate can see the future, but only through the pages of a comic book. There exists a more bizarre case involving a fishing rod that can create small portals to snag enemies or pull in objects several times the user's weight.
Our main story takes place fifty years after the monolith rose. Incarnates are a subject of great debate. There's groups who want to use their abilities to help humans while others have more sinister gains. And rumors are spreading about a cult whose dedicated to the eradication of all Incarnates.
However more recently, chunks of the monolith have begun flying off the structure. When it lands, often times the area surrounding it is hit with a bizarre natural disaster. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, snow storms, etc. And when an Incarnate finds one of these chunks, their power is increased tenfold. Currently it's theorized that soon enough, the end of world will begin
Wild Hawk: A government led group of Incarnates that battle terrorist Incarnate groups as well as try to recruit other Incarnates into their ranks.
Valhalla: A private military company that employs both regular humans and Incarnates. Led by a man known as 'Odin', they are more or less the neutral side.
Knights of the Vatican: Religious zealots who view Incarnates as devils. While unable to use Incarnate abilities, they had powerful technology to use in their crusades.
DeadMen: A prominent Incarnate terrorist group. They're founded by the ideal that Incarnates are the superior species and are replace humans.
So here's some example powers.
Hercules: Transforms into an armored form similar to japanese style heroes and gains super human strength and speed. However a more chaotic and wild form is achieved through levels of anger
Sobek: Allows the user to transform parts of their body into a more dinosaur like form, and with greater concenctration can transform into a large beast.
Ares: The user summons a spectral warrior clad in white and blue armor with a giant battle ax.
Thanatos: A somewhat bizarre summon type where the summon in question seems to have a mind of it's own. This skeletal like creature can summon zombie like minions for the user to control... buuuut sometimes the zombies don't always listen
Odin: A conduit type incarnate and right now considered one of the strongest. At first it looks like a false eye, however it's connected to a large satellite in space, allowing the user to see anything it sees.
Poseidon: A rather unconventional conduit type. This comes in the form of a fishing rod... however one with an almost indestructible hook and wire... and the ability to lift object several hundred times heavier than the user.
While rare, some incarnates can exhibit powers than combine two categories
Susanoo: A transformation+conduit type. Starts as a normal sheathed sword, but when the user unsheathes it, they become an armored warrior with the ability to phase themselves the their sword through objects to hit their target.
=Rules of Engagement=
1. This'll be a free form type deal. I don't know jack shit about systems based RPs and I feel if I tried it would fail miserably.
2. I think this would be somewhat of a combat focused type deal, so to deal with God-Modding and such here's what i'll recommend. If you're the attacker, write out your attack and it's intended effect on your target. If you're on the defending side, you have a choice of dodging it or allowing the attack to hit you. And be fair, you won't be able to dodge every attack.
3. As for more adult stuff, i'll allow it. Either on a separate thread or with both parties in a PM
4. This RP is meant to be kinda anime-ish but I understand that most here use real pictures or more western comic book art so I will allow all three types of pictures to be used in your profile.
5. I'll be honest, i'm kind of particular about Incarnate abilities... but if you need help coming up with powers and how they work within the three categories (transform, summon, conduit) then I can definitely help you out
(This is where you'd put in your character's picture)
[b]Gender:[/b] (And yes i'll accept any and all genders. Cisgender, trans, agender, futas, etc)
Delete this part if you plan on playing as a human)
[b]Incarnate Type:[/b] (Transform, Summon or Conduit)
[b]Ability:[/b] (Describe it's ability. Be sure to include how it entails with your Type. For example if you're a Transform type with the ability to create weather based attacks, mention how your transformation has pieces on it that generate clouds, thunder and so on)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Include a picture or you may describe)