You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 10:21:59 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Everyone's A Hero Again ( Freeform newbie heroes, LGBT friendly )  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Crash

Re: Everyone's A Hero Again ( Freeform newbie heroes, LGBT friendly )
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 08:23:23 AM »
I think Esmerelda would make for a better trainer type than Low so I will go with Esmer to start and make her a Necromancer/Magic User Trainer.  I will update her this weekend.

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 12:42:21 PM »
Sounds good! Do you see Esmerelda as being in charge of the witch's tower?

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
Name: Zebeynil "Zebbie" Shuruque'fyn
Race: Drow
Sex: Cisfemale
Orientation: Omni

Mode of Attack: Barbed Whip
One Thing In My Pack: Manacles and slave collars. For those who haven't learned their place yet!

Description: A lovely drow woman who enjoys flaunting her body and wearing heels in wildly inappropriate situations (all the cool drow girls do it, so can she!). She has a cat tail and insists it is perfectly normal. She will NOT discuss how it came to be. Do NOT ask.
Personality: Vain, self-assured, convinced of the superiority of the drow, perplexed by other races who don't voluntarily become her slaves. Despite her constant assurances that she sees herself as superior to all around her, she's surprisingly approachable and easy to talk to, even oddly friendly at times.
Likes: Being sucked up to, being praised, expensive things, tribute. Secretly likes but won't admit - being spanked, men who believe in male superiority (it's just soooo exotic!!!)
Dislikes: Immature characters, physically unpleasant things, doing manual labor.
Story:

Zebbie (who will object to being called that at first but eventually give up as everyone calls her this sooner or later) is the fourth daughter of the great house Rilynafin, the Keepers of the Great Web. Her mother is a incredibly powerful priestess of the great demon Lloth, the favored child of her city and a general mover and shaker whose whims have dramatically changed the features of large portions of the underdark. According to drow tradition, nobody cares who her father is.

Zebbie has always lagged behind her sisters, who she idolizes, and wants badly to follow her mother into the priesthood. Unfortunately her grades were never quite good enough to enter the priestesshood directly and she was required to go prove herself in the world as an adventurer if she wanted admission. She confidentially told everyone this was her plan all along, was given a map and a set of starting supplies and set off.

Unfortunately she held the map upside down and climbed to the surface instead of descending into the safe warm depths.  Finding a small city of starting adventurers there she used some of the trifling coins she had been given and purchased a room at the local inn. By the time she realized she was in the wrong place it was too late to slink away without anyone noticing, and so she decided to conquer the surface realm and return a triumphant hero.

Conquering the surface realm is going slower than planned, because she hasn't quite gained enough knowledge to do so yet as what little magic she could cast in the Underdark won't work on the surface. She is sure as soon as she clears just one more basement of rats Lloth will come to her in a dream and grant her the power to enslave the entire town. Any day now....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:45:29 PM by RedPhoenix »

Offline pdragon

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 01:08:52 PM »
Looks cool, consider me interested. Hope it's alright to make a futa character.

Name: Helia Plum-Tail
Race: Dracmer (Elf/Dragon halfbreed)
Sex: Hermaphrodite
Orientation: Pansexual
Mode of Attack: Has a rather sharp set of claws and a powerful tail, but isn't trained to use them in a fight. Dracmer are also born with sharp fangs and the ability to breath fire, but she has long since been de-fanged and had her fire glands removed.
One Thing In My Pack: A demon spider silk slave collar

Description: Sports a very lithe, but toned and athletic frame. Helia's body is mostly elven in appearance, with lightly tanned skin and pointed ears. Though her amethyst scaled limbs, long reptilian tail, and emerald slited eyes make her draconian lineage obvious to all who lay eyes on her. Born a hermaphrodite she has a mixture of both masculine and feminine traits, though leans on the more feminine end, with firm, B-cup breasts and wide birthing hips. Between her legs rests both vagina and a thick, 10 inch penis, both of which have been magically sterilized.
naked body (NSFW)

Personality: Years of servitude have caused Helia to develop a rather meek, dutiful personality. She is not fond of conflict, and easily submits to those she perceives as having authority over her,. However she is also very loyal and attentive, and is quick to assist others with their needs simply because she believes that is the way things work. This often causes her to come off as especially charitable and altruistic to those with the privilege of a more selfish life style. While she does her best to stay out of trouble, since being released she has been plagued by overwhelming curiosity. She does not know much about the world or how it works, something that shows quite often, but is always willing to try to learn and adapt to new experiences, leaving her "cautiously adventurous". Despite appearing inept at rather mundane things, her specialized training makes her an expert at a surprising array of subjects, most of which tending to be of a more..."intimate" nature, and like wise is surprisingly well educated and literate for someone of her standing. 
Likes: Meat, discovering new things, her mistress, enclosed spaces, warmth, naps, cuddling,  dominant partners (what she's used to), submissive partners (enjoys the feeling of freedom/control), oral (especially receiving)
Dislikes: Fighting, being struck/"disciplined", vegetables, cold, staying in wide open spaces for too long, scat, overly rough/complex bondage
Story: Helia has spent the grand majority of her life as a servant of the Silk Bizarre, one of the most infamous slave brothels in all the land. Known for supplying the most exotic of delights, providing creatures not seen anywhere else on the continent, or even this plane of existence for that matter, the Bizarre was Helia's home since she was barely a hatching. Recovered from a bandit attack on her parents' nest, Helia's mistress brought her up inside the Bizarre, raising her almost like a daughter (emphasis on almost, as the things she did to and with Helia are things no mother should ever do to their child). Because of her unique breed and even more unique anatomy, Helia quickly became one of the most popular girls at the brothel, earning herself much approval from her mistress, and a soft, cushy life style because of it. Unlike the other slaves Helia never pined for her freedom, because the Bizarre was all she had ever known, something that made he a bit of an outcast amongst the other servants. However one day she would end up receiving that freedom anyways, as a band of heroic knights finally took it upon themselves to dismantle the Bizarre and free the captives there. During the raid Helia stood up to try and defend her mistress, a showing of bravery that swayed the knights enough to spare the woman's life. Of course that didn't mean she wouldn't be spending the rest of her life rotting in a dungeon cell for her crimes, and the two were quickly separated, Helia given her freedom and the right to a last name (something she picked for herself rather haphazardly) and with a small pouch of gold was sent on her way to find her place in the world. A valiant effort for sure, but of course the knights didn't really stop to consider whether or not the young woman was actually prepared to face the world on her own or not, and she has faced a fair share of hardships trying to survive outside her gilded cage.

Offline Crash

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »
Thinking about a adventurous chef too....gah too many ideas!!!!!

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »
I'm likewise pondering a librarian who can do some minor magical cantrips, or perhaps a novice/up and coming blacksmith! Good ideas are so easy to come by.

Offline Rel Mayer

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »
Question: What about a terrible necromancer? Would that be something allowed?

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »
Hrm, since we seem to have many more magically inclined characters so far, I think i'll go with a blacksmith if I do a second character.

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 01:45:27 PM »
Question: What about a terrible necromancer? Would that be something allowed?
Probably, as long as you can frame them in a way appropriate to the power level. As I see it, having magic at all puts a character at an advantage over a swordsman because you're less at risk when you can just wave your hands or utter a word and cause things to happen. We have no tabletop mechanic here for limiting how often you can do such a thing. So that's my main concern when it comes to magic: putting it on equal terms with folks who just want to play a brave squire.

The other concern with necromancers is undead minions. I'm okay with Esmerelda having one as a returning character. If you were to design a character with a minion, keep in mind that if giving your minion a sword makes it as capable a fighter as your average villager, then you're suddenly twice as powerful as that brave squire. So, maybe consider something like a crawling hand minion, or necromancy like weakening ray, life siphon, or supernatural fear. Junior necromancy.

From a social perspective necromancy's icky but acceptable. Amberdale should be able to accommodate all kinds of heroes.

Offline caelcormac

• It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I have a deep and abiding love of the comma
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 01:47:45 PM »
This is a very tempting game. Would it be too silly to have a ranger/hunter/whatever with this fearsome creature as an animal companion?

Offline Rel Mayer

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »
Probably, as long as you can frame them in a way appropriate to the power level. As I see it, having magic at all puts a character at an advantage over a swordsman because you're less at risk when you can just wave your hands or utter a word and cause things to happen. We have no tabletop mechanic here for limiting how often you can do such a thing. So that's my main concern when it comes to magic: putting it on equal terms with folks who just want to play a brave squire.

The other concern with necromancers is undead minions. I'm okay with Esmerelda having one as a returning character. If you were to design a character with a minion, keep in mind that if giving your minion a sword makes it as capable a fighter as your average villager, then you're suddenly twice as powerful as that brave squire. So, maybe consider something like a crawling hand minion, or necromancy like weakening ray, life siphon, or supernatural fear. Junior necromancy.

From a social perspective necromancy's icky but acceptable. Amberdale should be able to accommodate all kinds of heroes.

Hmmm...

Well, I'd like to play something that is easily able to place into the story, as well as fun for other people to play along with. I also don't want to be too powerful, even if she's like an aspiring necromancer that just isn't doing it right.

Maybe I'll skip out of that idea and favor something else! Are themes like pirates styled mercenaries welcome?

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 01:51:02 PM »
Hope it's alright to make a futa character.
Yep, that is alright by me. I don't see it as being the focus of the game, but with magic and all, it's to be expected somewhere.

This is a very tempting game. Would it be too silly to have a ranger/hunter/whatever with this fearsome creature as an animal companion?
lol, go for it.

Offline Crash

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »
Rel - Esmerelda is also an extreme coward and her minion is quite brittle.  ;D

Offline Rel Mayer

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2016, 01:55:40 PM »
Haha, the only reason I brought up the necromancer, is because I found a hilarious picture that I wanted to use.

But there are so many other pictures out there--that I can move on to a different idea!

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2016, 01:59:12 PM »
Maybe I'll skip out of that idea and favor something else! Are themes like pirates styled mercenaries welcome?
Sure! The geography of Amberdale is intentionally vague, it may or may not be near a coast with rampant piracy, or atop a deep underdark complex, or on ley lines where space elves cross over from the moon every hundred years.

Offline Crash

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2016, 02:02:21 PM »
Sure! The geography of Amberdale is intentionally vague, it may or may not be near a coast with rampant piracy, or atop a deep underdark complex, or on ley lines where space elves cross over from the moon every hundred years.

Lol!  Stop giving me more ideas!

Offline Rel Mayer

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:04 PM »

Haha, space elves!

That gives me a lot to work with. :) I should have something up today or within the next few days.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:18 PM »
My character sheet is up a few posts above now!

Online JoanieSappho

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2016, 02:43:52 PM »

How well does Johanna work with that? She has magic, but is both rather useless martially and socially, and has terrible, terrible aim with it.

Offline Crash

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2016, 03:08:53 PM »
Red - Delightful

Joanie - She didn't look op to me, was that an area effect fire or single target fire?

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
It's tough to extrapolate how you intend to use it. The metric I'd like to use is this: if it's a nasty surprise for a goblin, that's great. If the one character alone could solve all of Amberdale's nuisances, that's too powerful. So, unreliable fire magic is great. Being able to call down an uncontrolled inferno is not. It's all in the intention.

In the previous game I played a character who could make a thimble-sized portal. Something like that could be abused, so it didn't sit right with some. But the concept was a junior portalmancer, it was intended to foster laziness and freaky sex stuff. She was not ever intended to unlock doors from the inside or put a dagger in someone's heart. Maybe one day she would be able to do those things, or create bigger and better portals, but part of the fun here is exploring those heroes when all that potential is still ahead of them.

Online JoanieSappho

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
Then she should be fine. Fire bolt, rather than ball or cone or wide area damge. It'll still give a goblin a surprise (especially if she's aiming at something else near to id) but won't kill everything in the room. Yay!
Also, have I been spoiled, or does the size of a thimble sound a little on the small end for sexytime fun to anyone else?  :P

Offline Crash

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2016, 03:33:22 PM »
Then she should be fine. Fire bolt, rather than ball or cone or wide area damge. It'll still give a goblin a surprise (especially if she's aiming at something else near to id) but won't kill everything in the room. Yay!
Also, have I been spoiled, or does the size of a thimble sound a little on the small end for sexytime fun to anyone else?  :P

You haven't written with Dhi have you?  Low is still sad she didn't get a chance to see where that relationship was going to go. ;)

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2016, 03:38:46 PM »
lol

I might have measured it as two fingers. I dunno, it's been a year!

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2016, 03:43:49 PM »
Red, I like Zebbie a lot. My main concern is that barbed whip or blinding magic alone would make her formidable. Would you be willing to go with one over the other, or to use a regular whip?