You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 02:27:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Blood and Iron ≈ Modern Paranormal Fae Theme ≈ Open Recruitment  (Read 5193 times)

Online RampantDesiresTopic starter

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • As reason clouds my eyes with splendor fading
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Blood and Iron ≈ Modern Paranormal Fae Theme ≈ Open Recruitment
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2016, 09:42:52 PM »
bubby...

Rampant is highly caffinated and working on, you know getting some final setting stuff summed up and posted.  Then HOPEFULLY a bit of IC postage because hey why not.

Offline Cerevan

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2016, 12:42:45 AM »
So, if anyone is interested, I shall be making a human/gargoyle Half Blood. I haven't started making her yet, but I'm looking to have her ( as usual, I'm mean cummon this is ME we're talking about) a warrior type who wants to learn about guns and explosives, which means she'll want to be 'friendly' with a portal opener...

... I think...

I'm all about dat. ALL ABOUT DAT.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2016, 01:21:04 AM »
Well I'm doing a bit of revising of my character (Half of her history, plus a switch in faceclaims!) after doing some plotting and connections with some of my many favorite people in this game. Once that is done, approved, and Ink is free to post, I'll be able to post! x3

Offline bubby

• *~The True Lady Death~* "Bubby is more like an expired bottle of Mad Dog 20/20" --Hades
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: I shall eat the hearts of my enemies to gain their strength, then I'll eat broccoli so kids will hate me.
  • Hello, my name is Human.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2016, 07:36:56 PM »
I'm all about dat. ALL ABOUT DAT.

YYYASSSS!!

After spending much of my day doing some deep cleaning of my house, I am now settling down to make my character. I'll send you a copy too so you can have a gander when I'm done.  ;)

OH! And I'm using Charlize Theron as my face claim.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:39:09 PM by bubby »

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »
Awwwwyeaaaah.

Offline bubby

• *~The True Lady Death~* "Bubby is more like an expired bottle of Mad Dog 20/20" --Hades
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: I shall eat the hearts of my enemies to gain their strength, then I'll eat broccoli so kids will hate me.
  • Hello, my name is Human.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »
Awwwwyeaaaah.

I have sent a couple PM's out to hopefully have character relationships.

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »
So I think it might also be time for a temporary freeze on once Unseelie Fae. 

The (former) Seelie are terribly out matched right now with only two members O.o

This is only for entirely new characters.  If we've been talking about yours and it is already in the works  but not officially submitted you're good to go still. 

If you simply HAVE to go Unseelie we can talk, but it would be nice to even up our numbers a little bit more.

• Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »
Hi there Evangelina :-)

There's still tons of room (we've not just one big world but two to play with after all!).  Fae touched and human characters are fine (encouraged even!).  I'll send you a PM to kind of gloss over a few options to keep in mind as you look over the world info if you don't mind. 

Two characters is the limit right now not a requirement;  you're more than welcome to just make one (and if you'd like add in another character later or just stick with your original throughout the game). 

This is also a good time to put a temporary lock on portal creation characters.  Right now we have Azazel (who can give the ability to a select few).  Dotley's proposed character, Crevan's newest, and potentially Kuro's.  That's roughly one out of five characters right now and I don't want to go much over that (extremely limited abilities, as in from a specific place in Faerie to a specific place on Earth might work though, but just general anywhere portals are capped). 

• Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2016, 09:28:01 AM »
My pleasure!  Thanks for being so patient with me :D (I'm adding your artsy/photographer lady to the list now!)

We've got some awesome new characters coming in but I kind of need to actively recruit a bit here... We need Seelie (or at least the Fae formerly known as Seelie :P) for the group.  We currently only have two and there are no more in the making that I know of.  I need to mash together a Fae council, but with so many dark court this is proving a bit problematic and unbalanced.  Since I'm not sure the group is ready for me to open up a third slot for characters here we are in the recruitment thread!

Random inspirations that I think would make good Seelie in no particular order...

Helios   Titan of the sun and guardian of oaths.
Prometheus   Titan of forethought and crafty counsel, and creator of mankind.
Phoebe   Titaness of the "bright" intellect and prophecy, and consort of Koios.
Bacchus is always fun
Hephaestus would be amazing we have no real 'crafty' types.
Heimdallr
Ēostre because I love the thought of her being horrified by modern Easter :P
Maat, Hathor ... tons of the Egyptian gods would work actually. 

In retrospect this list is silly, there are just too many possibilities to try and list them :P 

It is worth mentioning that the Seelie are by no means weak.  They just generally have a more favorable view on humans than their Unseelie counterparts and frown on genetic defects and what not (the more monstrous of their kin).   Less death/war/destruction and more fertility/sun/civilization orientated.  Good times abound!

Offline Swashbuckler

• For my part, if a man must needs be a knave I would have him a debonair knave... It makes your sin no worse as I conceive, to do it à la mode and stylishly.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Someone took my mood ring, not sure how I feel it
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2016, 03:00:44 PM »
Rampant, I'd be quite interested in making a Seelie fellow after Bacchus/Dionysus as opposed to a Satyr.  I will see if I can whip up a sheet tonight...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:02:15 PM by Swashbuckler »

• Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2016, 05:54:59 PM »
Yassss!  I totally buy you as Dionysus :D  Noted. 

*gives ALL THE KISSES*  Yayayayay

Offline Elysian Radiance

• The Dragon's Little Brat Princess ❇ President of the Elliquiy Nap Society ❇ Hoarder of Blankets ❇ The Light of Dawn ❇ Josi's Bestie Babe ❇ Arcannyx's E-Wifey
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Ely Lightbringer, the Dragon Queen of Elliquiy™
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2016, 08:36:09 PM »
Would it be helpful if I shifted my concept a little to become Brigit the Celtic goddess of inspiration/fire/poetry and a whole host of things?  I have an image I want to use very badly but I think it could work as Brigit if I play with the hair color some.
Ooh! I would love to see that as she's my goddess of choice!

Offline VioletPanda

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2016, 08:42:27 PM »
Hmm... Helios...? I do like that guardian of oaths bit...

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »
Would it be helpful if I shifted my concept a little to become Brigit the Celtic goddess of inspiration/fire/poetry and a whole host of things?  I have an image I want to use very badly but I think it could work as Brigit if I play with the hair color some.

I've been working on a fae-touched second character inspired by Maman Brigitte who is closely tied to the Celtic Brighid (in more than name). If this overlaps too much with you Evangelina, in either concept, let me know. I could look for something else.

• Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2016, 08:52:29 PM »
O.o you guys don't feel like you have to alter your concepts currently in progress.  This was more for people considering new characters.  I'm totally on board with what's currently been proposed  XD

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2016, 08:57:43 PM »
Well you had it first, Kuroneko, I don't want to step on toes.  I'm only thinking of switching my concept to fill a gap.  I had considered doing a craftsman sort, only I stumbled upon an image that I'm smitten with and was trying to tailor a character around that.  Based on the image I thought Brigit would be a good fit.  But I have an affinity for Athene (and have played her before) so that could work for me but not so much with the image I have in mind.  So I may well have to scrap the image.

If you're working on more of the smithcraft aspect of Brighid, that doesn't really negate my idea. I'm working with more of a healer. Though it would be hard to do Brighid without healing I think, since it's one of Her purviews.

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2016, 09:26:33 PM »
Kuroneko, I'll leave you to it 100%.  As I said I was trying to fill a gap.  I have a word file open for my CS and will fiddle with the ideas and see if I can't steer her in a more Athenish direction.  I will broaden her art to include other things and see if it works for me.

If that's what you really want to do. This character is honestly so far from where I originally started it's crazy, lol. Who knows where it'll end up once it's done.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• The Dragon's Little Brat Princess ❇ President of the Elliquiy Nap Society ❇ Hoarder of Blankets ❇ The Light of Dawn ❇ Josi's Bestie Babe ❇ Arcannyx's E-Wifey
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Ely Lightbringer, the Dragon Queen of Elliquiy™
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2016, 06:36:29 PM »
I didn't see it previously but I wanted to make sure before I let my Muse run with this idea that she's formulating for a second character.

Is anyone making a person with chronothurgychronomancy (I've been corrected, apparently, even though Google says they both work)? If not, I'm going to work on a character in the nearish future that does that.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:32:55 PM by Elysian Radiance »

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
Newp. All yours :-)