David Haller is an Omega-class mutant, and has the broadest range of powers known in any mutant. However, this comes with a catch; due to a childhood trauma - a trauma he keeps to himself - and the resulting coma, his psyche has been fractured into countless separate personalities. Many of them are benign, many of them less so, but all of them have their own memories, lives, likes and dislikes....and every one of them has their own power or small set of powers. Recently, David experienced a crisis where one of his more malicious and sadistic personalities attempted to wrest control of his body from him, slowly devouring several weaker personalities to become stronger. It was only after David - the original - and six other personalities banded together to overpower him that he was stopped. These seven personalities agreed to share control of the body amongst themselves - occasionally allowing other personalities to manifest in controlled conditions - and agreed to the use of a regulator, which could control which personality was dominant at any one time. Thus far, all seven facets of David's psyche have kept to the agreement.
These seven personalities and their powers are as follows:
- David Haller, the conflicted but even-tempered original and the owner of Telekinesis.
- Luke Wayne, the suave, cocky and slightly narcissistic "ladies man" with luck and chance manipulation powers.
- John Kroane, the somewhat dim-witted but well-intentioned man with the ability to turn his body into solid-but-movable diamond.
- Sarah Striker, the rebellious punk rock girl with the ability to emit high-pitched, ear shattering screams.
- Margaret Thara, the reserved, distrustful intellectual who can only speak in tongues and utilises powerful incantational sorcery.
- Derek Crash, the hotblooded and rash show-off with the ability to create and control fire.
- Virgil and Dante, the energetic and flirtatious "twins" who, as well as being slightly stronger and more durable than a normal human, can also clone themselves indefinitely. The twins are inseparable, and though they admit that one is the clone of the other, they won't say which. They claim that they can't even remember themselves.Appearance:
Davids body and physical characteristics change and alter depending on who is in control (one leading hypothesis is that this is a form of shapeshifting that only manifests during psychological and personality changes. Therefore, pinpointing a specific appearance can be tricky. Bearing this in mind, the main sevens appearances are as follows.
-- David stands at just under six feet tall, with an athletically muscular build and a mess of mid-length black hair on his head. He has dark blue eyes and a slightly squared chin, along with an oftentimes strained and sometimes almost scared cast to his features. Before, during his conflict with the darker personality, he was lithe, skinny and fragile. Now, several years on, he has managed to bulk himself up a little and gain a far more healthy build. Though not overly large, the muscles he does have are toned and relatively solid.
-- Luke Wayne is lither and more traditionally thin than David, having narrower shoulders and being slightly taller. He's still muscular, though not to the same extent, with longer dark hair and deep brown eyes. He tends to spend a fair amount of time grooming, too...he is a self professed ladies man, after all, so he needs to look good!
-- John Kroane is a giant of a man, standing at around 7 feet tall with broad, easily four foot across shoulders and a scarily
large amount of bulging muscles. He has a thick, squared face and practically no hair on his cut-short head besides his thick, ample beard, but despite his intimidating appearance, a nicer guy you will never meet. He genuinely dislikes hurting people and actively tries to help wherever he can.
-- Sarah Striker stands at just under 5'10, with a curvacious form, soft features and a gently curving chin. The smooth curvature of her face is framed by a head of long, flowing brown hair (though she has been known to talk about dying it, given the realities of their situation...it just isn't possible) that fall about a pair of deep green eyes and curving lips. Despite this obvious "Hotness," as Luke likes to call it, her fashion sense tends to be less "preppy popular girl" and more "Punk Rocker With Attitude," consisting of shredded t-shirts, worn jeans, spiked bracelets and even - if she feels like teasing some of the boys or just if she thinks it goes well with the outfit - chokers and collars.
-- Margaret is a smaller young lady, but no less capable in her own way; she stands at a similar height to Sarah and has a head of dark, raven hair that falls about her smooth, curved face. She is significantly more serious and business-like-looking than any of the others, ordinarily wearing sensible clothes and some form of glasses as she walks about her business. She can usually be seen with at least one book.
-- Derek Crash is much smaller than everybody else - only around 5'7 - though has a build similar to David's in that proportionally speaking, he's well muscled and in-shape for his height. He has similarly short hair to John, with a well-cultivated beard-and-moustache that, despite his hot headed nature he takes great care to maintain when he has to.
-- Virgil and Dante are identical - one being a clone of the other - with long-ish blonde hair, chiselled, handsome features and brilliant blue eyes that are usually filled with flirtatious mirth. If you are in any way attractive, expect one - or both - to flirt with you outrageously. They're cute, and they know it. Personality:
- David is conflicted and is the more "level headed" of the group, usually taking his time to make his mind up but acting decisively when necessary, generally ending up being the defacto leader of the little council in his head. He is at times stressed and introverted due to his unhappy life and unusual problems, but attempts to put a cheerful face on things. He tends to try and avoid drama and conflict, but is unafraid of standing up for himself when pushed. He isn't particularly flirtatious or "womanising," and just tends to take things as they come.
- Luke....is the complete opposite. He's flirtatious - outrageously so - cocksure, somewhat arrogant and just a little narcissistic...though when the chips are down, he's loyal to a fault and will always stand up for his friends. And then probably hit on them afterwards. When in a stressful situation, he's the first person to make a joke and if fighting will tend to mock or goad his opponents constantly.
- John is, in a word, taciturn. He doesn't talk very often, he doesn't say much when he does and he's very much the "Strong, Silent Type...." but when it comes to his friends, he is extremely protective and will move heaven and Earth to help them if they need it. Further, though he appears slow-witted and a little dull, he isn't stupid. He can give some very surprisingly deep insights sometimes, and as he says...not speaking gives him more time for thought.
- Sarah is a reballious little firecracker; she tends to go against authority just to go against authority, and is extremely liberal with both flirtation, "fooling around" and generally reckless fun...though there is definitely a brain in that head of hers; she actually, despite appearances, thinks through her actions carefully and - if you can handle her crass sense of humour and rebellious streak - is one of the friendliest girls you're ever likely to meet.
- Margaret is extremely businesslike, formal and practical, looking at things in terms of logic rather than emotion. She's loyal, yes, but only when she feels appreciated. She doesn't get along with Derek or Luke, obviously.
- Derek is, in a word, reckless. He's always taking risks, always throwing himself into things head first, always listening to his gut and his temper first and his brain second, and is the most likely of all of the personalities to take something personally or to react emotionally to a situation. He's not a nasty person...he's just hotheaded, rash and reckless.
- Virgil and Dante, besides being almost constantly flirtatious, are playful, mischievous and never seem to take anything seriously. They love to play pranks, make people a little uncomfortable and generally cause mischief. Underneath it all, though, they're kindhearted and don't ever go out to cause people harm. If they do something that hurts somebody, they will - without fail - attempt to make it up to them. It isn't funny if what they do actually hurts someone, after all.Backstory:
This is....complicated. After a childhood trauma - which he has refused to share with people, though in truth, he can't even really remember the details himself - he slipped into a coma in which he stayed for several months. Just as the doctors were about to switch the machine off, a man claiming to be David's father - who called himself "Xavier" - arrived to see to the young boy. He used his mutant powers to see into David's psyche and realised that a conflict was raging in David's subconscious brain; his trauma - which also triggered his mutant abilities, which had ended up killing the family he had been with at the time - had been so potent that it had caused the young, conflicted childs psyche to fracture under the stress and weight of it all into several thousand different personalities, all of which had their own powers and personalities. Whilst most of them were dormant, one in particular had discovered that its power was - unfortunately - the ability to consume portions of other individuals psyches.
It had also discovered that this extended within itself; since the other personalities were technically distinct, separate people, it had begun feeding off of the other personalities, thereby gaining their powers and strengths. Xavier aided in the rallying of six trustworthy personalities to Davids own in order to fight the malicious force before it became too strong...the only problem was that the effort required meant that these seven personalities would become irreversibly linked to each other, entwined inside Davids own head. They accepted this and were able to defeat and seal away - though not kill - the evil aspect of David's psyche. Afterwards, they all agreed to "share" the body...and that was when Xavier left. Nobody knew why he had stepped in or even whether he really was David's father, but when David awoke...he was alone. After several years of wandering and much discussion, David and the other personalities elected to apply for the newly opened School For The Gifted, looking to find a place where they belonged and could learn how to control their respective powers. With their affliction...where else were they going to go? They arrived at the school only three years ago and have been there ever since. Faceclaims:
Brant Daugherty [David Haller]
Ben Barnes [Luke Wayne]
Matt Morgan [John Kroane]
Julie Annee [Sarah Striker]
Summer Glau [Margaret]
Daniel Healy Solwolrd Jr [Derek Crash]
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau [Virgil & Dante]