You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 04:20:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: 5th Ed Game - Any  (Read 740 times)

Offline LykuTopic starter

5th Ed Game - Any
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:40:52 AM »
So I am looking to be a player for a 5th Ed DND game.  I don't care about level or even theme.  Just looking to maybe cast some spells or stab things.

Offline AndyZ

Re: 5th Ed Game - Any
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:20:07 PM »
Bookmarked.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 01:43:39 AM »
There is couple games interest checks in group requests area. One play as villains and another is game of thrones themed.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 05:22:16 PM »
I'm working on updating an older campaign setting think an ocean world not quite Waterworld there are islands some quite large but not many big ones, think British Isles is BIG and most land masses are more a few miles wide.

So knowing how to swim is a big deal and note metals are uncommon to rare so thinks like weapons using it costs a lot more than in the book a longsword usually costs 150 gp. But none metal weapons are used Sharktooth Weapons, clubs, staves and so forth. Armor is also affected but if you want to wear chain mail on a ship go ahead. Magic items are uncommon think around but basically potions of healing and such can be found and spell user are more uncommon but not disrespected I'll allow one arcane user and one divine user in the band since your special.

If anyone is interested it would start at Level 2 and your going to know each other being raised in one of the floating atolls think a village that floats and is anchored in place well the meet at the tavern and decide to go off adventuring. And your going to get a new ship, well a sailing schooner, suited to a small number of people.

Offline hellrazoromega

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 04:50:56 PM »
Oh that concept sounds interesting.

Offline greenknight

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 07:52:46 PM »
I'm working on updating an older campaign setting think an ocean world not quite Waterworld there are islands some quite large but not many big ones, think British Isles is BIG and most land masses are more a few miles wide.

So knowing how to swim is a big deal and note metals are uncommon to rare so thinks like weapons using it costs a lot more than in the book a longsword usually costs 150 gp. But none metal weapons are used Sharktooth Weapons, clubs, staves and so forth. Armor is also affected but if you want to wear chain mail on a ship go ahead. Magic items are uncommon think around but basically potions of healing and such can be found and spell user are more uncommon but not disrespected I'll allow one arcane user and one divine user in the band since your special.

If anyone is interested it would start at Level 2 and your going to know each other being raised in one of the floating atolls think a village that floats and is anchored in place well the meet at the tavern and decide to go off adventuring. And your going to get a new ship, well a sailing schooner, suited to a small number of people.
I did a lot of the mechanics for a Dark Sun plug-in for a home game. Let me know if you're interested.

Do you have any ideas to emphasize swimming in 5th? I ask because the basic rules assume you just swim at half speed and armor, etc., have no effect.  My simple ideas:
  • DC10 Strength (Athletics) check to swim at half your speed.
  • Armor affects Strength (Athletics) checks to swim in the in a similar way it affects Dexterity modifiers to AC and Dexterity (Stealth). Thus, medium armor restricts the Strength bonus to +2 and scale mail imposes disadvantage on the check.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:05:10 PM by greenknight »