News:

Main Menu

Curious Proposition...

Started by ZK, October 25, 2005, 09:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Hey everyone! I have a bit of an odd proposistion to people out there. Mainly it's aimed for gamers. I'm thinking of hosting a video-game review page and I need someone to be my "Second Opinion" on reviews. It will also to the video-game reviews will have the ODINS challenge (One Day In No Saves) on the games which can be completed such. As well, hosting a "high score" of who can complete the ODINS challenge the fastest. It's non-profit at the moment and probably will retain such, but it's just something I've always wanted to do since a lot of people seem to enjoy my opinions. Heh. As well as give advice on to where to buy games, when they're cheapest and how to buy and save if you're low on cash but want a nice game.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Siegfried

Well, I would love to help as I love games, but I don't think I would be able.  Seeing as all I've got right now is a GameCube and an older computer, I think that disqualitifies me as being your second.  But do post the link when it gets up and running, I'll be there lurking for sure. LOL

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Zulokitty on October 25, 2005, 09:04:08 PM
Hey everyone! I have a bit of an odd proposistion to people out there. Mainly it's aimed for gamers. I'm thinking of hosting a video-game review page and I need someone to be my "Second Opinion" on reviews. It will also to the video-game reviews will have the ODINS challenge (One Day In No Saves) on the games which can be completed such. As well, hosting a "high score" of who can complete the ODINS challenge the fastest. It's non-profit at the moment and probably will retain such, but it's just something I've always wanted to do since a lot of people seem to enjoy my opinions. Heh. As well as give advice on to where to buy games, when they're cheapest and how to buy and save if you're low on cash but want a nice game.

Let's see...a job that would at least somewhat legitimize my video game habit, working for a "Big Breasted Dark Mistress."  What's not to like?   ;)  Alas, I don't have any gaming consoles...just my trusty PC. 

RogueJedi

It would be fun, but I don't think I should take anything else on my plate right now.

But mucho wishes of good luck!

Celestial Goblin

My style of playing games most often involves never taking back my decisions.
Saves are only not to loose the progress, other than that... Scout ahead
and bring a medkit.
That's said, playing X-Com on on the '4)Genius' level forced me to at least repeat a combat
mission from scratch if it was a complete failure.
I will gladly have fun with indy games for PC and possibly commercial titles as well.
My interests are either rpg's or strategies, altough i'm not against some borderline
arcade stuff.

ZK

What I really need is someone who is willing to play anything and give it a fair review. I myself, I'm in the category of "Hardcore Gamer" in the sense that I'll play anything. Any platform and any genre. ^_^

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

RogueJedi

Well, if I had all the platforms, I'd agree to it.  As it is, right now I only have my PC.

TonyWoods

Sounds like a great idea!

I used to play lots and lots of games, yet since I finished college and started working I've found myself playing them less and less. Not that its stopped me buying them though - I've lost count of the PC, Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 games that I've bought and got about 2 levels into before I've lost interest and moved onto something else...

Think the last game I completed was Star Ocean 3 for the PS2 - took me an epic 60 or so hours (was determined to complete the damn thing in order to win a bet...) so I'd probably be no use to you - I've just been getting tired of playing the same old ideas with a couple of hundred more polygons thrown at them and some shite 'popular music' soundtrack thrown on top!

I think I'm going to stop playing games until someone makes Planescape:Torment 2...

*Hopes and prays*
Tony's Turn Ons - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7198.0

We are such stuff
As dreams are made of, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Zulokitty on October 26, 2005, 07:31:07 PM
What I really need is someone who is willing to play anything and give it a fair review. I myself, I'm in the category of "Hardcore Gamer" in the sense that I'll play anything. Any platform and any genre. ^_^

Willing, yes.  Able...alas, not at this time.

Lirliel

What type of game are you thinking about Zulo, RPG/FPS/RTS/etc. ?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

ZK

Every genre. I play all types of games. Even dabbled with the Barbie games to see what they're about. ^_^

Zaer Darkwail

I myself have Xbox, PS2, 2xPS consoles, PC (but cannot load many games and pure net games are out expect Guild Wars). I am willing and I can time to time play one game or two (likely in weekends and oten in the week), but sucky thing is that I lack money buy games :P. Also I do not game much nowadays but I can get 'distracted' by new game from one day (have played trough some games by that time, most being combat games like Unreal Tournament 2) to two weeks and some tops I can play months and forget rest of RL easily (but this has not happened eversince FF series were quited).

So willing but questionably able (if you buy or send games to me via mail I do not mind being a game tester :)). Even tough I favour rpg but I can give credit to other games at well (I play close detail of the rich of functions, freedom, plot/story and playabillity + any relative coolness like graphic and music).

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Zulokitty on October 27, 2005, 06:56:07 PM
Every genre. I play all types of games. Even dabbled with the Barbie games to see what they're about. ^_^

Hey, I got both versions of the Sims...went to see how often I could get a Sim laid in 24 hours.

Arella

I would love to help out; I have Xbox, PS, PS2, GameCube and my pc. I have played a few MMORPG, Star Wars Galaxies, EQ2, City of Heroes and World of Warcraft, which is what I play most at the moment. Would love to hear which games you are thinking of.