Vampire: the Masquerade Mafia [OOC]

Started by Blythe, April 04, 2016, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Hi, all! This is a VtM-theme for a mafia game that I'll be running in May. This will be my first ever mafia game that I've run. First and second and third post are reserved for game info, etc. Feedback is welcome via PMs if you have comments or suggestions.

Post here if interested, or PM me! I'm ideally looking for a big group! If you know someone interested in playing a mafia game, by all means refer them here!

(For those of you not as familiar with the VtM theme, the Wikipedia entry provides the basics! You don't need to have ever played that tabletop or be familiar with it to play this if you don't intend to write RP posts during gameplay!)

~ Vampire: the Masquerade Mafia ~

The undead rule the night in a society that mortals cannot ever truly fathom. All vampires are descended from Caine, the first vampire, but that doesn't stop the undead from waging internal sect battles with each others. Vampires, also known as Kindred, are divided into 13 Clans, but more importantly, into two sects, the Sabbat and the Camarilla. The Sabbat revel in their undead state and their organization is a frightening blood-soaked wicked mirror of the Catholic Church. The Sabbat sees themselves as above humanity and the keepers of truth about vampiric elders. The Camarilla, on the other hand, maintain the Masquerade that keeps the secrets of vampiric existence from humanity, and maintains its influence over the mortal world via behind-the-scenes feudal hierarchy.

More importantly, the Camarilla and Sabbat are at war. And that war has some to a head in the small city of Mire. They also have to contend with the pesky presence of Anarchs, vampires who want to bring down the status quo and establish a new order for the undead, a more democratic order...but the Anarchs are just as often initiators of chaos as they are anything particularly good.

This is a mafia game with a theme based on the tabletop rpg system Vampire: the Masquerade. It's a very loose theme, and I've never run a mafia game, so I hope that people like it. I'm not sure I'll get any interest, but hey, no risk no reward! :)

The goal of this game is for the Camarilla to eliminate the ruthless members of the Sabbat from the city of Mire....before the Sabbat or Anarchs manage to destroy their Masquerade and eliminate them instead!

I am also adding a special variant idea in here. I think dead players don't get a chance to do a lot. So I'm adding a special role called the Wraith! Dead players will have a very special set of rules to abide by and their own intrigue to handle. ^^

~Interested Players~
1. ThatRPGuy *
2. yugi006 *
3. persephone325 *
4. Intimate Ink *
5. SunshineSparkle *
6. Madame Professor *
7. Mintprincess *
8. Rel Mayer *
9. Remiel *
10. Seranova *
11. theLeslie *
12. Geeklet *
13. Christa *
14. AndyZ *
15. AmberStarfire *

(* means recently reconfirmed interest in response to my pM)

Blythe

~ Roles and Rules ~

- Rules -

What is this?

In a mafia game, players are divided into two teams; the 'good guys' (in this case, the Camarilla), who outnumber the other team roughly thee to one, and the 'bad guys' (in this case, the Sabbat or Anarchs), who have the advantage of information. While the villagers have the numbers advantage, they have no idea who among the entire group of players are the werewolves.

On the first day of the game, players will have a chance to introduce themselves, as well as vote for the town Sheriff. This player will be the tie breaker in the event of a majority. The Sabbat will also learn who is on their team at this time. The Anarchs will learn who is on their team at this time. Once a Sheriff is elected, the game moves on to the night phase.

During the night phase, players with night phase powers will be given the chance to use them. During this time, the Sabbat will get a chance to attack a player, removing them from the game. The Anarchs will as well. There may be a few Camarilla who also have night actions, as well.

During the following day Phase, and every day phase after, all players will be voting (publicly) for a player to lynch, removing them from the game. If necessary, players may also need to vote for a new Sheriff as well. During the first three day phases, players can choose to vote for No Lynching, if they feel they don't have enough information to go on. Starting Day 4, voting to lynch a player is mandatory. Once the day phase concludes, the game will move to the next Night Phase, and the day-night cycle will continue as described until the game ends.

How do I win?

• If you are on the Camarilla team, you win by eliminating every last member of the Sabbat and Anarch teams.
  • If you are Sabbat, your team wins when you match the Camarilla in numbers, going on a feeding frenzy and overpowering the remaining Camarilla members. To win, your team must also have killed off the Anarchs!
  • If you are Anarchs, your team wins when you match the Camarilla in numbers, going on a feeding frenzy and overpowering the remaining Camarilla members. To win, your team must also have killed off the Sabbat members.

Things worth mentioning.

• Players will need to be able to access their PMs in order to receive their roles and properly scheme. Because of this, only approved members are able to join. Apologies to those still awaiting approval.
  • Once the game has begun, I won't be able to add new players, with the exception of allowing someone to take on the role of a player who has to leave.
  • Your role will be PMed to you just before the game begins, along with any revelations, such as the Sabbat's team members. Please be sure to check your PMs.
  • Sabbat cannot attack other Sabbat members, and Anarchs can't attack other Anarchs.

- Roles -

- Not sure if I'll be using quite all of these roles, just noting ones "themed up" for the game in the list

Camarilla Roles
Caitiff Neonates: Neonates are newly made vampires who have been conscripted by the Camarilla into helping fight the Sabbat! They have no special abilities, and they are clanless...but they support the Camarilla, all the same! This role functions as a Villager in a standard mafia game.

The Malkavian Prophet: From the Clan stricken with madness by Caine, this vampire might not always be in touch with reality...but they have trained their Auspex, a discipline revolving around divination, very well. Once per night, the Malkavian Prophet may look at someone to see if they are Camarilla, a Special member of the Camarilla, Sabbat, or Anarch. Functions as the Seer in standard mafia.

The Brujah Primogen: Once per night, this clan leader can choose to protect someone.  Functions as the Bodyguard in a standard game.

The Gangrel Scourge: The Scourge's job is to patrol the city of Mire and enforce the law. They have the authority to kill in the name of their duty! once per game, they can eliminate a player...but the Anarchs are too clever by half, being familiar with avoiding authority, and cannot be killed by the Scourge. Sometimes the Scourge will find their efforts thwarted by the Primogen if the Primogen is protecting their target. Functions as the Witch in a standard game.

The Hidden Salubri: A member of Saulot's brood, the Salubri are a hunted and persecuted clan in these modern nights. They are masterful healers and possessed of a hidden third eye. Once per game, the Hidden Salubri can choose to save someone from death with their healer's arts. Functions as the Healer in a more standard game.

The Toreador Harpy: The Toreador are a clan well-known for their intrigue and beauty. They are exceptionally adept at knowing all the juiciest gossip. Once per game, before someone is to be lynched, the Toreador Harpy can call upon their connections in Elysium to determine if someone is Camarilla, Sabbat, or an Anarch. If someone is a member of the Camarilla, they are not lynched. This will not reveal any special roles, and it will not reveal the Wraith. This role functions as the Priest in standard mafia.

Nosferatu Ancilla: It's not a good idea to slay a Nos. They're...pretty gross. Their curse is to be forever beastly and horrifying in looks...and trying to touch or taste the blood of one is awful. They hide their appearance with the powerful illusory discipline of Obfuscate, so no one knows how awful the Nosferatu truly looks. Sabbat or Anarchs who kill the Nosferatu Ancilla will find they can't slay anyone the next night.  Functions as the Diseased Villager in a more standard game.

The Ventrue Diablerist: A vampire who has committed a terrible crime...devouring another vampire, blood, body, and some say soul. This taints their spirit. The Diablerist, when looked at by the Seer, will have their trace marks of their crime visible upon their spirit, and as such, it will be believed that they are a Sabbat member, even though they are actually part of the Camarilla. This role functions as the Lycan in standard mafia.

- The Wraith -
The Wraith role is a special one. After all roles are handed out, one member of the Camarilla will be determined to have a spirit so strong that they return as a Wraith if they are lynched or killed. The Wraith cannot interact with players directly, but during the Day phase, dead players only may PM the GM with one message for the Wraith consisting of no more than two small sentences. Once every Night phase (as the first action to be resolved at Night), the Wraith can send a message to a living player via the GM. The Wraith cannot reveal who he/she/they are. Their message cannot be longer than two small sentences. Think of the Wraith as a "Medium," but it only activates after the player's death. Any dead player can talk to the Wraith once Day phase anonymously through the GM, so be careful--someone could be the Diablerist or be the Cardinal!

Sabbat Roles
The Antitribu: The rank and file of vampires who were once of the Camarilla, but who abandoned their ties and became part of the Sabbat. They will know who is in the Sabbat at the start of the game. This role functions as the Werewolf in standard mafia.

The Tzimisce Pack Priest: Preaching the gospel of Caine, the first vampire, these flesh-crafters often lead packs of Sabbat vampires. Once per game, the Tzimisce pack priest can forcibly feed his/her/their blood to a member of the Camarilla, turning them to the side of the Sabbat! (The Tzimisce can do this whenever they like, even if the regular Sabbat members prefer not to, even overriding a preferred Sababt target, but that is highly discouraged). The earliest this power can be used is Night Two; it cannot be used the first night. The Sabbat cannot kill the Night this power is used. This role roughly functions as the Alpha Wolf from standard mafia.

The Lasombra Cardinal: A powerful vampire in Sabbat society, the Lasombra is a master of infiltration and politics. To any scrying eyes, the Cardinal looks like a member of the Camarilla. This role functions as the Wolfman in standard mafia.

Anarchs
Anarchs have no special roles, but they are immune to the Scourge's role, and they are immune to Sabbat attacks. They win the same way the Sabbat does, but neither team can win the city of Mire while the other team still remains--they must ensure their foes meet the Final Death! This role is *snicker* the equivalent to the Vampire team in werewolf/variant mafia games.

Blythe

~ General Mafia Rules for This Game ~

Going to keep this short and sweet. My rules are a tad different, but not by much!

- Your team can still win if you die, so long as someone is still left alive on your team! Play accordingly!
- If you have died, you should not talk about in-game information with others. Only the Wraith (and dead players sending a message meant for the Wraith) at GM direction should do that, and the role defines how that works.
- Do not use Elliquiy's 'quote' function in PMs. Paraphrase only, please!
- Make sure to include me, the GM, in all PMs! This helps me keep track of activity.
- Do not edit or delete in-game posts, please.

- Voting is mandatory, and votes can be changed until I, the GM, determine that time is up and make a final tally. Your first vote should be in bold. Put changes in red bold text, please. Please vote on time; nothing holds up a game like people stalling when voting. You can never vote for yourself.

- Metagaming: Don't target people because you think they have been talented in other mafia or subterfuge games. This makes them not want to play. I'll PM people and ask them not to do this if I see it. Your strategy should be based around this game only, not the outcome or events of previous games.

- Lastly, have fun! Please endeavor to keep the atmosphere here friendly and welcoming, and don't be upset if someone that is your friend turned out to be on the enemy team! We are all here to have fun, and its important to remember that there are people behind the screen. Please remember to find a balance between playing the game strategically and being respectful. I reserve the right to ask those who create a negative or hostile atmosphere to leave the game. Please PM me if you are having problems.

Blythe

And okies, I have enough of this completed to officially declare my interest check open! Since Guy PMed me with interest, I'll just go ahead and sticky this. Please post here or PM me if you'd like to play!

Intimate Ink

Blythe

Whoo, more interest! I've got your name added to the list, Ink!  ;D

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Blythe

Blythe

Rel Mayer

Blythe

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 12, 2016, 09:38:01 PM
Do you mind if I dip my toes in here?

Welcome, and I would be most happy to have you aboard, Rel! :)

Blythe

Quote from: Remiel on April 13, 2016, 03:35:10 PM
I know nothing about V:tM, but I'll sign up.

Added!

No need to know about VtM to play. I've endeavored in the role list to mention what VtM-themed roles correspond to in 'normal' mafia when possible for those who don't know about VtM but do know about mafia games. :)

Madame Professor

Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Seranova

Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Blythe

theLeslie

Blythe

Geeklet

Galactic Druid

Turnout is looking pretty solid, Blythe! Getting excited to run?

Blythe

Quote from: Geeklet on April 15, 2016, 03:17:49 AM

*flails*

YAY GEEKLET <3

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 15, 2016, 11:43:39 AM
Turnout is looking pretty solid, Blythe! Getting excited to run?

Most definitely; I wasn't actually expecting to get this much turnout so early!  :D

Mintprincess

Geeklet

blame MP. Sadly I don't check this forum as often, but she kindly sent me a link. I saw it was VTM based, and im like "BOOM. Im down"

Madame Professor

Quote from: Geeklet on April 15, 2016, 12:54:16 PM
blame MP. Sadly I don't check this forum as often, but she kindly sent me a link. I saw it was VTM based, and im like "BOOM. Im down"

You are most welcome, darling! <3

Mintprincess

Galactic Druid

I've been linking a few people myself (hi Leslie!). I'm excited to see more people taking an interest in running games on here!

Mintprincess

Uh no Mr Guy.  I linked Leslie first.  ;)
And Seranova. 

#onit

Madame Professor

Haha, I sent it to Sera, also! And I plan to send it to a few other folks as well. ;D

Blythe

*does not care who linked whom*

*is just #Happy with lots of players!* <3

Madame Professor

Geeklet

Mintprincess

Galactic Druid

Those of you that are VtM fans and gamers; VtM Bloodlines is on sale on Steam right now for $5. Fun game, good deal.

Blythe

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 16, 2016, 05:40:05 PM
Those of you that are VtM fans and gamers; VtM Bloodlines is on sale on Steam right now for $5. Fun game, good deal.

Although more than likely those who buy it will need to get the unofficial patch for it if you do get it. Game wouldn't run on my PC until I got that patch. >_>

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Blythe

The tentative start date for this, since it's now May, is probably around May 14th, just to let folks know. I'm open to pushing that date forward or back, depending on player needs, but the 14th is right about what I had in mind initially.

Galactic Druid

I need to put this in my sig still, so I'm glad you brought it up; I'm on vacation from the 13th to the 17th. I'll still pop in on my phone though. In short, please don't hold the game for me, but I won't be doing more than votes and quick thoughts until the 18th.

Mintprincess

That sounds wonderful Blythe. I am most definitely still in <3

Blythe

A few days before the 14th, I'll PM those who expressed interest to see what our final numbers look like!  :-)

It may be that we'll only have enough to run Camarilla vs. Sabbat with no Anarchs, but that should still make for quite a good game!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Welcome, AndyZ! Got your name added!

I'll send out PMs tomorrow to check who on the list is still interested.  :-)

Madame Professor

Galactic Druid

AmberStarfire

Blythe

AmberStarfire

Madame Professor

Quote from: Blythe on May 11, 2016, 04:04:12 PM
Yay <3

Welcome AmberStarfire!  :-)

With the new avatar, when I read this, it was like he was cheering! It was pretty amazing.

yugi006

Blythe

All righty, I've heard back from everyone! I'll have the roles sent out either tonight or tomorrow! Bear with me with all this--this is the first mafia game I've ever run!

(Also, looks like we don't have quiiiite enough for a fulfilling game that would have two teams of Bad Guys, so this game will just be Camarilla vs. Sabbat!)

Blythe

Roles are being handed out right now. I will put up a game thread once I've got them all handed out. :)

Blythe

Okay, roles are out, game thread is up. I have changed this thread's title because it will now function as the game's OOC. :)

PMs are allowed if you are a living player during the Day Phase. Please make sure that I am included on all sent PMs.

theLeslie or ThatRPGuy, if you would be so good as to sticky the game thread, I would <3 you forever.  8-)

I also have a new respect for anyone who's ever GMed a mafia game on here. There's a lot of set-up to these! Hopefully I didn't manage to miss anything. >_>;

Blythe

-Paraphrased Question Asked to the GM-

"The description of the Tzimisce Pack Priest says it turns Camarilla Neonates. Does it only work on neonates or can it be used on others?"

Answer: My bad. It can be used on anyone on Team Camarilla. I have updated the text to reflect this.

Galactic Druid

I mentioned this briefly before, but I won't really be posting much until the 17th/18th. Please don't think it means I lost interest or am hiding, it's just my only internet access is via my phone, and I'm focused on my vacation and family.

Blythe

-Paraphrased Questions Asked to the GM-

"Do Camarilla members turned by the Pack Priest keep their special powers, if they had any?"

Answer: Newp. They join the Sabbat as an ordinary Antitribu.

"Can the Nosferatu Ancilla be turned by the Pack Priest?"

Answer: Yes.

Blythe

"Are we required to vote to lynch someone?"

Answer: You are permitted, the first 3 Day Phases, to choose to lynch nobody (you should still place this vote in bold). On Day 4 and afterwards, it is mandatory to select another player to lynch during the Day phase.

Galactic Druid

Mintprincess

Galactic Druid

I didn't wanna ask in thread and derail the game; who is the girl that's in all your reaction gifs, geek? She's really animated, and kind of totally my type.

AndyZ

Kenzi, from Lost Girl.  It's on Netflix right now, and she's the only good thing about the show.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Geeklet

Quote from: AndyZ on May 18, 2016, 01:41:09 PM
Kenzi, from Lost Girl.  It's on Netflix right now, and she's the only good thing about the show.

Kenzi is my spirit animal.

Galactic Druid

I just looked it up; it sounds like it's a really fun idea for a show, I love anything that falls into the urban fantasy category. Sad to hear that you haven't been too impressed though...

May give the first few epsidoes the old yo-ho though, check it out for myself.

AndyZ

It's difficult for me to comment without giving spoilers.  I don't want to dissuade you from watching it, especially if it might be your thing, but I didn't finish the series.

AmberStarfire

It's a great show (it picks up as it goes along) and there was a game of it on Elliquiy .. I'm not sure how long ago. Maybe a year, but it's finished now.

It was fun, and I like the urban fantasy-like almost Dresden-y verse they have going there. That and fae, and supernatural creatures that are fae.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 18, 2016, 01:58:51 PM
It's a great show (it picks up as it goes along) and there was a game of it on Elliquiy .. I'm not sure how long ago. Maybe a year, but it's finished now.

It was fun, and I like the urban fantasy-like almost Dresden-y verse they have going there. That and fae, and supernatural creatures that are fae.

Sounds very tempting to me (not that I don't trust your judgement, Andy!), I must admit. You've mentioned everything I love in a good story, lol.

Blythe

Well, drat. After some research, I've run into a slight problem. This particular game is unbalanced, considering the roles I included, in rather drastic favor of the Sabbat. This is not due to the way the game is currently being played out, but because I should have included at least one more special Camarilla role from the game's very beginning.

Would players be adverse to me selecting a Caitiff Neonate and re-assigning them to a special role to make up for this? I understand that it doesn't entirely solve the balance problem (after all, it means this role didn't get to do anything on night 1), but it would probably go a long way.

The role I would be including would be the Toreador Harpy. I'd welcome input. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please offer feedback via PM to me (specifically if you are okay with the role being included) and not via this thread; I do not want to accidentally have this discussion result in people outing their roles.

AndyZ

Dealing with family and likely won't get much out today. If both Remiel and Guy vote for the same person , please change my vote to their target.

Blythe

Might be a slight delay in my updating of votes and gameplay, etc.--I have company over today~

Blythe

"Explain how roles that mask alignment work, please?"

Answer: Two roles in particular do not display their 'correct' alignment upon scrying or upon their death--the Ventrue Diablerist and the Lasombra Cardinal. The former is loyal to the Camarilla, but will display as Sabbat upon scrying or death. The latter is loyal to the Sabbat, but will display as Camarilla upon scrying or death. The Harpy's power, however, will determine correctly their actual alignment, not perceived alignment.

What this means is upon a person's death or scrying, there is a slight chance that you are seeing one of these special roles, as the GM scrying and GM death messages explain perceived alignment, not actual alignment.

Blythe

"Can the Harpy use their ability on themself?

Answer: Newp. Gotta pick someone else.

Blythe

"Can the Sabbat kill someone the same night they use the Pack Priest Power?"

Answer: The Sabbat cannot kill a member of the Camarilla during the Night Phase the Pack Priest turning power is used. Role text has been updated to more clearly state this.

Galactic Druid

Remiel

Your sacrifice was not in vain!  We'll get those dirty Sabbat!

Blythe

A Reminder, Players:

Please make sure to read this post; specifically, please try to avoid meta-gaming--in particular, please avoid making decisions or using reasoning based on how someone behaves in other games/previous mafia games, as other games are not this game. Each game plays out differently--previous games are not always a particularly good indicator of how a current game is going to play out.

Not calling anyone out on this in particular, but I have noticed it's been happening in this game, so please try to be careful. I know its easy to slip into this (I know I've slipped into it before in a game myself!), especially as many here are regulars, but please try your best to avoid doing it!

Blythe

Also, this, 'cause y'all some awesome people and I <3 you all.  8-)

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on May 25, 2016, 09:30:02 PM
Also, this, 'cause y'all some awesome people and I <3 you all.  8-)

*snuggles Bly*
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

See here.

Many apologies, players, but I do not feel as though I can continue to run this particular game. Any questions should please be directed to me via PM rather than via thread.

AmberStarfire

Aren't we waiting for ThatRPGuy to talk to Blythe before anyone reveals anything or has a decision been made?

Galactic Druid

There has been one. I'm closing the game thread, and am offering anyone who wants to play a game of werewolves. There's a sign up sheet here in LCS.

Remiel

The thread is locked. I could be wrong, but I think that means it's done.

AmberStarfire

Ah. That's a shame.

I was sabbat and I turned our 5th.  >:)

persephone325

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 26, 2016, 11:37:16 AM
Ah. That's a shame.

I was sabbat and I turned our 5th.  >:)

lol I had a feeling.

Can I reveal my notes?! XD
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AmberStarfire

Quote from: persephone325 on May 26, 2016, 01:59:12 PM
lol I had a feeling.

Can I reveal my notes?! XD

I don't mind at all if you do. :)

Galactic Druid

If you're still looking for you mafia fix, I do encourage you guys to hop in the classic werewolf thread here.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=249937.0

Rel Mayer

Ink had me in such an odd boat. I was convinced he was Sabbat, but then I started to doubt myself. Same with Mint, but she wouldn't give me any good information! So I was on the fence too.

Honestly, I did think Remiel was a Sabbat too, but looks like I was wrong!

persephone325

1. ThatRPGuy - Ventrue Diablerist *DECEASED*
2. yugi006 - Camarilla Normal
3. persephone325 - Toreador Harpy/Camarilla
4. Intimate Ink - ???
5. SunshineSparkle - Brujah Primogen/Camarilla *DECEASED*
6. Madame Professor - Camarilla?; Mint suspects her. If Mint is Sabbat, then MP is probably not
7. Mintprincess - Sabbat?; according to Geeklet
8. Rel Mayer - Sabbat?; Mint defends her often
9. Remiel - Nosferatu Ancilla/Camarilla
10. Seranova - Sabbat?; votes alongside Rel
11. theLeslie - Camarilla Normal
12. Geeklet - Malkavian Prophet/Camarilla
13. Christa - Gangrel Scourge & Wraith/Camarilla
14. AndyZ - Camarilla Normal *DECEASED*
15. AmberStarfire - Sabbat?
I don't know.

Intimate Ink

I'm a piece of bologna wrapped in a cheese curd wrapped in an enigma, apparently.

Rel Mayer

I was actually a loyal Carmarilla that strayed too far away from the pack to gather information. :(

Clio

I was Camarilla. Gangrel Scourge and Wraith.

AndyZ

Obviously I was Cam.  Once it became clear that no one would listen to me, I sacrificed myself to give everyone some data.

AmberStarfire

I was trying to stay under the radar. Aside from other sabbat (and we had so many msgs I stopped posting in that 'how many PMs do you have thread') Christa, you were the only Camarilla who contacted me during the game. At that point I'd already heard about your Gangrel role (at least, it was assumed) so there was no reason to ask. Besides, I thought if I discussed the game too indepth I might get sprung. I didn't realise you were the wraith.

Clio

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 26, 2016, 02:27:26 PM
I was trying to stay under the radar. Aside from other sabbat (and we had so many msgs I stopped posting in that 'how many PMs do you have thread') Christa, you were the only Camarilla who contacted me during the game. At that point I'd already heard about your Gangrel role (at least, it was assumed) so there was no reason to ask. Besides, I thought if I discussed the game too indepth I might get sprung. I didn't realise you were the wraith.

But we didn't really talk about the game. I just said I was frustrated and I didn't know who was who. That doesn't count as contacting in my opinion. Lol.

AmberStarfire

Geeklet

This is what I had thought:

1. ThatRPGuy * Ventrue
2. yugi006 * Cammy
3. persephone325 * Tory
4. Intimate Ink * Sabbat
5. SunshineSparkle * Brujah
6. Madame Professor * Cammy (possibly Salubri?)
7. Mintprincess * Sabbat (I viewed on Night 3)
8. Rel Mayer * Sabbat
9. Remiel * Nos
10. Seranova * Sabbat
11. theLeslie * Cammy (Viewed on Night 2)
12. Geeklet * Malkie
13. Christa * Gangrel/Wraith turned Sabbat on Night 2
14. AndyZ * Cammy (Viewed on Night 1)
15. AmberStarfire * Cammy

Looks like I was off on who was turned, and on Rel. And possibly on the others who havent posted in here yet and said who they were. :P

AndyZ

Geeklet

Nevermind me, I derped and read Amber's message wrong. I thought she was the one that got turned, not the one that did the turning.

Rel Mayer

>.> everyone thought I was sabbat.

I really need to work on my playstyle.

AmberStarfire

I'd rather let the others reveal themselves as Sabbat if they want to rather than outing them if they don't.

I'm surprised there were 12 or 13 pages of game and no one even brought up my name. I must put out an aura of innocence or something, or maybe my disinclination to argue or socialise worked in my favour. :D

Geeklet

Rel, only reason I thought you, was because I was confident Mint was, after I found out Leslie was innocent, and you seemed to back her up so much, that I figured you two had to be in league together.

Hell, even if I viewed you the next night, and saw you were cammy, I would have been certain you were the Lasombra, and still on the sabbat side. XD

Remiel

Rel, you are the reddest blue player that ever there was.   :-*

persephone325

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 26, 2016, 04:10:06 PM
I'd rather let the others reveal themselves as Sabbat if they want to rather than outing them if they don't.

I'm surprised there were 12 or 13 pages of game and no one even brought up my name. I must put out an aura of innocence or something, or maybe my disinclination to argue or socialise worked in my favour. :D

I should point out that I had you marked as Sabbat.
I don't know.

AmberStarfire

Even so, it was still fun watching the thread.

AndyZ

I knew Remi was Nosferatu using Obfuscate to appear to be beautiful, and I knew Geeklet was smart enough to pick up on this as well.  I expected Geeklet because she claimed otherwise, at least until the various hints she'd dropped made it reasonable to expect she was Malkavian with a Paranoia Derangement.

Before I died, I left Remiel a note that if Geeklet claims to be the same Clan as Anatole, she was to be believed.  I would have done the same for Guy, but I didn't realize that SunshineSparkle couldn't be Ventrue until after I'd already died.

By the time I died, the only logical course of action for me was to get myself killed so the few clues I'd pieced together would be believed and the Cam would at least have the few clues out of seeing who voted for me.

Remiel

You were remarkably perspicacious in this game, Andy.  Because you figured me out and didn't let on that you knew, I knew you could be trusted.  Similarly, if it wasn't for your dead drop, I probably would've been pushing hard to lynch Geeklet.  But because of it, I approached her and was able to find out that she knew about Minty.

Clio

So can everyone just go ahead and post their own roles themselves so we can all be clear?

Geeklet

I am SO GLAD someone picked up on the Paranoia thing. You rock, Andy.

AndyZ

Quote from: Christa on May 26, 2016, 04:40:20 PM
So can everyone just go ahead and post their own roles themselves so we can all be clear?

Caitiff aka Villager

Quote from: Geeklet on May 26, 2016, 04:40:47 PM
I am SO GLAD someone picked up on the Paranoia thing. You rock, Andy.

^_^

"I hope the real Seer checks you tonight" changing to a much kinder "Why do you suspect me, Andy?" made things very obvious in that context.  I just wasn't certain enough that you were Cam. 

I figured that if you found someone, though, you'd need someone who believed you even after I got staked.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Christa on May 26, 2016, 04:40:20 PM

Tzimisce Pack Priest

Geeklet

My one regret, I couldn't use this:

AndyZ

Guess I should've tried harder to get you on the block ;-)

AmberStarfire

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on May 26, 2016, 04:38:49 PM
You were remarkably perspicacious in this game, Andy.  Because you figured me out and didn't let on that you knew, I knew you could be trusted.  Similarly, if it wasn't for your dead drop, I probably would've been pushing hard to lynch Geeklet.  But because of it, I approached her and was able to find out that she knew about Minty.
why do you think you were still alive ;)

Seranova

I like how everyone considered me shady for things I wasn't even doing. I never defended Mint once, and I went after people that (at the time) were causing too much confusion to be team good guy. Yet I was still shady?

Wtf m8s?
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Remiel

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 26, 2016, 05:26:39 PM
why do you think you were still alive ;)

I figured it was because everyone knew I'd taste bad.  :P

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on May 26, 2016, 05:33:03 PM
I figured it was because everyone knew I'd taste bad.  :P
oh we knew.  Lol.  Why do you think we tried so hard to get your ass lynched? <3

persephone325

Quote from: Seranova on May 26, 2016, 05:28:31 PM
I like how everyone considered me shady for things I wasn't even doing. I never defended Mint once, and I went after people that (at the time) were causing too much confusion to be team good guy. Yet I was still shady?

Wtf m8s?

Guilty by association with Rel. lol Mint was super defensive of Rel, so I assumed she was Sabbat. And you consistently voted with Rel for the lynching phases.

In my mind, that was connected.
I don't know.

Intimate Ink

<---- Sabbat, for those of you who haven't puzzled it out already from the other admissions.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 26, 2016, 06:01:25 PM
<---- Sabbat, for those of you who haven't puzzled it out already from the other admissions.
*snuggle luff*

Sabbat for life <3

AndyZ

Hey, even the new Cinderella is Tzimisce.

persephone325

I knew Mint was Sabbat when she messaged me.

I was like "Why is she just messaging me, and not me AND Yugi when she knows we're both innocent?" That threw up some red flags. And I went along with telling her what I "knew". lol
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 26, 2016, 06:03:22 PM
*snuggle luff*

Sabbat for life <3

I knew it! I was right not to trust you again!

Mintprincess

Quote from: persephone325 on May 26, 2016, 06:06:16 PM
I knew Mint was Sabbat when she messaged me.

I was like "Why is she just messaging me, and not me AND Yugi when she knows we're both innocent?" That threw up some red flags. And I went along with telling her what I "knew". lol
I would have done that even good? You guys were vetted and clearly already communicating.  Seemed a bit redundant to message you both

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 26, 2016, 06:07:54 PM
Yeah yeah yeah.  :(

yugi006

Well there is no secret as to what I was thanks to Persephone. <3

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 26, 2016, 06:07:54 PM

-snickers-

You are so funny.

persephone325

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 26, 2016, 06:10:41 PM
I would have done that even good? You guys were vetted and clearly already communicating.  Seemed a bit redundant to message you both

To me, it would have made me less suspicious of you if you had included Yugi. Why contact just one innocent person when you know two? Remi and Geeklet contacted the two of us together.

Not only that, but Geeklet included Leslie in our conversation as well. I told Yugi "There's no way she would contact multiple people at the same time if she was lying. It just wouldn't be a smart move."

Quote from: yugi006 on May 26, 2016, 06:11:38 PM
Well there is no secret as to what I was thanks to Persephone. <3

I went with my gut, and it paid off. lol
I don't know.

yugi006

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 26, 2016, 06:10:41 PM

Actually we were not until after she saved me.

Quote from: persephone325 on May 26, 2016, 06:14:56 PM
I went with my gut, and it paid off. lol

Well thank you.  :-*

Blythe

Meant to post this, but needed my weekend of R&R first, but here are the roles everyone was! Again, I apologize for dropping the ball on this, and thank you, ThatRPGuy, for running a classic game so people could hop on over there and have some good ol' fashioned mafia fun. <3

^ 1. ThatRPGuy * (Ventrue Diablerist)
^ 2. yugi006 *
^ 3. persephone325 *  (was re-assigned later to Toreador Harpy, was originally Caitiff Neonate)
^ 4. Intimate Ink * (an Antitribu)
^ 5. SunshineSparkle * (the Brujah Primogen)
^ 6. Madame Professor * (The Lasombra Cardinal)
^ 7. Mintprincess * (an Antitribu)

^ 8. Rel Mayer *
^ 9. Remiel * (Nosferatu Ancilla)
^ 10. Seranova * (converted from Caitiff by Pack Priest on Night 2)
^ 11. theLeslie *
^ 12. Geeklet * (Malkavian Prophet)
^ 13. Christa * (Gangrel Scourge)    (Also the Wraith)
^ 14. AndyZ *
^ 15. AmberStarfire * (The Tzimisce Pack Priest)

Regular text with an * denotes a Caitiff Neonate~

Mintprincess

Thanks again for running this for us Blythe! I enjoyed it immensely <3

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on May 29, 2016, 08:42:15 PM
Meant to post this, but needed my weekend of R&R first, but here are the roles everyone was! Again, I apologize for dropping the ball on this, and thank you, ThatRPGuy, for running a classic game so people could hop on over there and have some good ol' fashioned mafia fun. <3

^ 1. ThatRPGuy * (Ventrue Diablerist)
^ 2. yugi006 *
^ 3. persephone325 *  (was re-assigned later to Toreador Harpy, was originally Caitiff Neonate)
^ 4. Intimate Ink * (an Antitribu)
^ 5. SunshineSparkle * (the Brujah Primogen)
^ 6. Madame Professor * (The Lasombra Cardinal)
^ 7. Mintprincess * (an Antitribu)

^ 8. Rel Mayer *
^ 9. Remiel * (Nosferatu Ancilla)
^ 10. Seranova * (converted from Caitiff by Pack Priest on Night 2)
^ 11. theLeslie *
^ 12. Geeklet * (Malkavian Prophet)
^ 13. Christa * (Gangrel Scourge)    (Also the Wraith)
^ 14. AndyZ *
^ 15. AmberStarfire * (The Tzimisce Pack Priest)

Regular text with an * denotes a Caitiff Neonate~

Hmm. I was mostly right. ^^ I have good instincts. lol
I don't know.

Geeklet

Only ones I didnt suspect AT ALL were Amber and MP. You two are good!

persephone325

Quote from: Geeklet on May 29, 2016, 08:53:24 PM
Only ones I didnt suspect AT ALL were Amber and MP. You two are good!

Amber was hard to get a read on, but I just couldn't put my finger on something that felt kind of off with her.

And everyone always jumps on the "never trust Remi" bandwagon, but I never trust MP in these games. lol
I don't know.

Madame Professor

Quote from: persephone325 on May 29, 2016, 08:56:18 PM
Amber was hard to get a read on, but I just couldn't put my finger on something that felt kind of off with her.

And everyone always jumps on the "never trust Remi" bandwagon, but I never trust MP in these games. lol

T_T

I didn't choose to be evil. It chose me.  :'(

yugi006

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 29, 2016, 08:58:47 PM
T_T

I didn't choose to be evil. It chose me.  :'(

I'm okay with this.

It's meant to be. Embrace the evil inside.  >:)

Remiel

And you guys wonder why I was instantly suspicious of MP.  She's always on Team Evil in these games...

/jealous

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on May 29, 2016, 09:13:59 PM
And you guys wonder why I was instantly suspicious of MP.  She's always on Team Evil in these games...

/jealous
awe! But at the same time you know it isn't fair to just vote her out for that reason.   

Remiel

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 29, 2016, 09:37:20 PM
awe! But at the same time you know it isn't fair to just vote her out for that reason.   

I didn't!  I voted her because she voted me FIRST, and because there was a link (however weak) to Sunshine, the first victim.

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on May 29, 2016, 09:42:28 PM
I didn't!  I voted her because she voted me FIRST, and because there was a link (however weak) to Sunshine, the first victim.

As you know, I was really hesitant to trust you because you were allied with Guy and Andy. Both of whom were dead, so I couldn't ask them anything. I was like "Well, isn't that just super convenient..."

But only when Geeklet vouched for you, was I like "Okey-dokey then." lol You also messaged Yugi as well. Like with Geeklet, I figured there was some truth to what you were saying, because you messaged multiple people. If you were lying, there was no way you'd out yourself to more than one person.
I don't know.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on May 29, 2016, 09:42:28 PM
lol which had no bearing at all on why she was first to die.   :P

Madame Professor

Quote from: Remiel on May 29, 2016, 09:13:59 PM

/jealous

You just need to wish on a different star. ;D

AmberStarfire

*Pokes her head in and looks around*