You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 08:59:45 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Codexa's Writing Corner - My Story Collection.  (Read 671 times)

MistressofPen and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online CodexaTopic starter

• Little Bunny Girl || Sakky's Sugamama || Sunshine's Plot Mate || Rebelle's Writing Wife || RegretNot is the Varric to my Merrill || Arcanum's Sweetheart ||
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Codexa's Writing Corner - My Story Collection.
« on: March 16, 2016, 10:42:35 AM »
Current Status: Not Actively Seeking

" There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - Maya Angelou

🌟The Basics🌟

Hello and welcome. I am Codexa. So named due to my infatuation with The Guild with Felicia Day. It was something I enjoyed immensely when I first joined E.

What can I say about myself? Well, I am in my late twenties, and am still figuring out this adulting buisness. I'm rather introverted and writing for me is a stress reliever, a hobby and simply something I do for enjoyment. Reading is another love of mine, among many other things. I occasionally roleplay outside of E, but this place is by far my favorite.

You can expect me to write lengthy replies, usually 3 paragraphs or more. Of course this depends greatly on the scene, the amount of interactions and things to reply too and even my partners style. I am a slower writer, even when things in my life are peachy keen. That being said, I do have a bit of a busy normal life, with family and children and my posting can vary. I do try to post at least once a week at minimum. Now, sometimes my muse is one happy little camper and I can reply more often.

Even if I can't get in a reply right away, I am usually around in some way. Reading PM's, keeping an eye on OOC threads that I'm involved with, checking out replies etc. I value communication. It doesn't need to be constant, and we don't have to get personal or discuss anything beyond the story. But I do appreciate a partner who is willing to discuss not just the beginning, but keep the communication open and flowing throughout our writing adventure together. Who is honest and willing to contribute ideas and move the story forward.

Below, you'll find some of my little plots and ideas. I'm always open to changes and discussion, and want my partners input in everything. I do recommend checking out my On and Off thread. [Located above] to see if you think we'll be a good match. :) Thanks for reading!

If you find yourself interested, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

:]

Notes
  • My posting is at a big slow point at the moment, so please bear with me.
  • Due to some RL issues, my muse took a pretty big hit and is still recovering. I'm around, and wanting to write once more, but I'm also taking things slowly.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:33:12 PM by Codexa »

• Little Bunny Girl || Sakky's Sugamama || Sunshine's Plot Mate || Rebelle's Writing Wife || RegretNot is the Varric to my Merrill || Arcanum's Sweetheart ||
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Re: Codexa's Writing Corner - My Story Collection.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »
Yo Ho Ho! And A Bottle Of Rum

Some pirates achieved immortality by great deeds of cruelty or derring-do. Some achieved immortality by amassing great wealth. But the captain had long ago decided that he would, on the whole, prefer to achieve immortality by not dying.”

The Story: She's a young woman trying to carve a place for herself in a cut throat world, while hiding who she really is and desperately seeking answers to questions she doesn't even fully understand, all she knows is she needs to learn more about the pirate bogey man. The Pirate Dread, while whispered about between men on dark nights, seems more legend than man. It’s not easy getting any kind of solid information, and traveling to different ports, havens and places offers the best chance at gathering tales, and sorting fact from fiction. He's the reason why she has nothing, why she needed to give up everything she once knew and believed in. The call to vengeance is hard to resist, and she doesn't really care if it means her death.

So she finds herself a young captain, and joins his crew.

He's supposed to be everything she needs, young, cunning, sharp of wit and tongue. He's already built himself a reputation among the others. His airship, and his crew are rising stars. But the young captain has a heavy secret, something he'd
rather never be brought to light. But what Emma hadn't counted on was growing close to the young captain, that a whim would have her saving his hide, and through that simple act they become friends, comrades. But while she never intended on making friends, falling in love was the absolute last thing she had ever wanted. What happens when Emma learns the truth? When the captain learns the truth behind her intentions? When they both learn their destinies are entwined not just with each other, but with the pirate everyone fears.

Setting: I see this being in a steampunk type of world, with airship battles, floating islands in the sky... Mostly, because I've never done it before, and it sounds awesome in my head. Although, I might be persuaded to do a more traditional pirate setting.

Keywords: Pirates. Airships. Steampunk. Romance. Betrayal. Action. Adventure.

Seeking: The male character - The sliver tongued captain who is the son of the infamous dread pirate. - The details are up to his player -

~The Engine is the heart of an airship, but the captain is the soul~

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:06:31 PM by Codexa »

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »
Cry Of The Wolf

Song Inspiration: The Howling
The Story: She is a child of the Red Order, a group of people who began as mercenaries and grew into a strict organization who defends humanity against the creatures that go bump in the night. From a child, she is taught that the supernaturals are nothing more than slaves to their curse, that they are untrustworthy, and will murder you the first change they get. After years of preparation, she and her squad go on their first real mission. They are ambushed and slaughtered by foes with glowing eyes. Instead of dying with her friends, she finds herself cursed to be one of them. Instead of giving herself over to her organization, she flees, and when she wakes from her first change, she finds that she's been found and taken in by the alpha's second in command and brother.

He's the alpha's second, his brothers right hand man, he and his family have taken it upon themselves to challenge the red order over and over, and both have spilled their fair share of blood. But his brother grows fat and complacent, corrupt and careless. The pack disintegrates into the very thing nightmares are made of, a slow decline into madness and murder. But he refuses to give up, but can he betray and overthrow his only brother? When he finds the girl, she's
new, bloodied and there is something about her that catches his interest. Against his better judgement he brings her to the pack, and is made responsible for teaching her the ways of her new world. Neither of them expected the tension, the chemistry, and neither expected to fall in love. But will their pasts destroy any possibility of a future together?

Setting: Modern / New Orleans? (City is open for discussion)

Keywords: Romance, Hot and Cold Relationship, Reluctant Love, Betrayals. Supernatural. Werewolves. War.

Seeking: I'm actually flexible here. I can play either the male role, or the female role. Depending on my partners interest.

~ I have found so much beauty in the dark, as I have found a lot of horrors in the light ~

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:06:42 PM by Codexa »

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 02:51:56 PM »
A Touch Of Madness

Song Inspiration: Sweet Dreams

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense"
"Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't"

The Story: There are those whose destinies are simple, whose destinies are meant to end happily. Then there are those who no matter how hard they struggle against it, fate has chosen them a role, and will drag them to that final destination.

Before there had been an Alice, before The Hatter became mad, and before there was a queen. There was another girl who fell down the rabbit hole, who dreamed of a place called wonderland, a world that thrived on whimsy and magic, on madness and monsters. But the world of her dreams is not quite what it seemed, it’s darker, corrupted by the mad king's desires. She’s a target, hunted by the king and his minions, when she is rescued by a young man, handsome as he is strange, he is known simply as The Hatter. He’s a leader, the voice of the rebellion, and against the odds, they find themselves falling in love.

Before she became the infamous queen of hearts, she was simply a young woman in love, determined to make her own destiny, and fall in love on her own terms. But fate, and Wonderland have other plans for her, for them. This is their story, of love and love lost, of friends turned into foes, and of destiny and fate.

Setting: Wonderland

Keywords: Whimsical, Wonderland, Heartbreak, Love, Romance, Action, Adventure, Dark, Gritty.

Seeking: The Hatter - He's of course based on The Mad Hatter - But his details, looks, etc are up to his player to decide.

Notes: I don't anticipate these two characters having a happily ever after. I have a vague idea on the things that happen in the story is what helps drive him completely mad, and that even perhaps she ends up being the infamous queen of hearts.

"And contrariwise, what it is it wouldn't be"
"And what it wouldn't be it would"
"You see?"

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:06:53 PM by Codexa »

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 01:26:30 PM »
Of Angels and Demons

Skyler Hastings
The Story: There was no ominous storm, no lightening strikes, or vaguely demonic or even angelic shaped faces in the clouds or random pieces of cloth the night they was reborn into the human world. At the stroke of midnight in the dead of winter a healthy baby girl was born to two excited parents, young and eager to begin this new chapter in their lives. In another hospital, at the stroke of midnight a baby boy was also born, healthy and welcomed by his parents, who were eager to set forth on their new path.

There was no fanfare for her birth, or his birth and there was no great omen seen when the doctor took either of them from the delivery room.

It was a normal birth to a normal child on a normal night. Nothing out of the ordinary to report. Nothing overtly unique to note. Simply a healthy baby girl born without complication and taken home by her happy parents the following day.

This girl grew and lived a life as any other girl did. She went to school. She had friends. She dealt with the trials and tribulations of high school. Average. Normal. Perhaps a bit luckier than others. She would get answers on a test right even if she only guessed, hit nothing but green lights when she was driving somewhere in a hurry or find a twenty dollar bill in her pocket when she thought she only had a five. Little things that any number of people could have happen to them.

But not any number of people have a destiny far beyond what they know. But the girl who grew into a young woman did and, on her twentieth year, that destiny will come to fruition. On the night of her twentieth birthday, on the exact hour she was born twenty years hence, a power will come to full bloom within her. A power that, though she may not feel it or know it for what it is, will act as a beacon to a number of conflicting forces. Forces who seek to destroy her for fear of what she could do and what she represents, things even she doesn't know herself. Others who wish to capture her and control her power for themselves, making her nothing more than their puppet to use as they would.

And one, a single individual, who holds the truth behind the destiny that awaits her and seeks to protect and guide her along that destined path. A single man who looks human and yet is something more. A single devoted guardian who calls her his queen and the single true ally she has.

This is the tale of that young woman and her protector and the destiny that will find them both. A destiny wrought with danger and full of reality shaking revelations. A destiny that could change the shape of the world as she knows it. A destiny that could change the shape of the world as everybody knows it. It is a fated path that could lead to overwhelming greatness or to terror beyond measure.

And everything rests on the shoulders of a single woman who has barely reached her twentieth year.

Setting: Undecided.

Keywords: Romance, Love, Fate, War, Angels, Demons.

Seeking: 

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:00:50 PM by Codexa »

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 09:49:04 PM »
Legends Never Die

Heroes get remembered but legends never die

Rose Morgan

I'll only risk my life for two things...Love and Revenge

The Story:

Rose Morgan was the youngest child to hard working parents. Her father and mother fought tooth and nail to make it across an unforgiving landscape, fought even harder to help friends and strangers make it in a small town. Copper Creek. It was small, modest, filled with hard working farmers and the odd man and woman who just wanted a quiet place to live their lives. Her daddy, Earl Morgan was the town Sheriff and he worked to keep everyone safe from the bandits and trouble-makers who occasionally flew through the town.

When the Chance brothers came into town, their Renegades hot on their trail, the entire town ceased living. Rose had no idea the trouble they'd bring with them, or the ways they'd forever change her life and the lives of so many others. The Chance brothers were known murderers, scoundrels and criminals. They're growing reputation had even reached her small town. When her daddy and several other men tried to ask them to leave, the brothers killed them with a smile on their lips and pleasure in their eyes. Then they let loose their Renegades on the town.

She'll never forget the sound of the screams as long as she lives.

Rose suffered that night, as did many others. The town was nearly destroyed, many died. By the time the brothers had finished 'playing' with them, there were precious few of them left. Afterward, Rose buried her family, her dad, her mother, her brother and sister.  For what felt like an eternity afterward, she was consumed, by the memories they'd left her with, the knowledge that she was alone. Many of the survivors left, but some stayed, out of the need to rebuild their home, and some because they had no where else to go. Rose stayed for a time, she became  a woman obsessed with the brothers, with news of them, and with making them pay for what they've done. It was the reason she drew breath, the reason she kept going, even when everyone else was gone.

The story will take place two years after the attack on Copper Creek. Rose Morgan, aka The Nightingale has left her home and is making a name for herself as a bounty hunter and gunslinger.  The Chance Brothers are big time criminals and corrupt industrialists, who've moved on from petty thievery and murder to bigger ambitions. This story is about a quest for vengeance, the lines between revenge and justice, and the price of it all. It's about Rose meeting and falling in love with a outlaw with his own personal ties to the brothers, and them coming together against The Chance's and their Renegades.

How together, with a misfit band of outlaws, manage to take down one of the most powerful groups in the Wild West, and forever make a name for themselves in history through their deeds. 

Setting: Wild West - 1870's sometime.  I'd like to keep the general feeling and vibe of the old west as accurate as we can, though of course, changes will be make for the story etc.

Keywords: Romance. Love. Blurred lines of Justice and Vengeance. Legends. Main Character Death. Love Lost.
The Price of Revenge. Wild West.

Seeking:  The male character. I'm looking for someone to play the Outlaw, the second half of this dynamic duo with his own deep history and a personal connection to the Chance's and Renegades.  The connection could be as straight forward as he was a member of the Renegades, but left for whatever reason. He could be the third brother with his own personal vendetta against the elder siblings. He could have suffered a loss at their hands like Rose. I'm pretty open to what could work here.

I'd like for him to have a visual [real human person please and thank you] but his personality, and personal background are entirely up to his creator. I do have a fondness for dominant - alpha male types.

Need To Know: I intend for this to have a gritty feel, due to the setting and nature of the story line, but I love some lighter moments to help break up anything to heavy or dour. I do want the two main characters to be in a relationship/romance/ fall for each other.  I also want one of them to die at the end of the story, right now, my mind is pretty much thinking it'll be Emma who eventually dies toward the end of their grand adventure, but I'm open to discussing that particular aspect.

I'd also like my partner to help me in moving the story along, contribute their own ideas to the plot and story, as well as help run a few NPC's of varying importance. Like the Chance Brothers.

I don't know where I'm going
Only God knows where I've been
I'm a devil on the run
A six gun lover
A candle in the wind

You ask me if I've known love
And what it's like to sing songs in the rain
Well I've seen love come, I've seen it shot down
I've seen it die in vain

And I hope you'll understand
'Cause I've lived life to the fullest
Let this boy's die like a man
Staring down a bullet
Let me make my final stand...

The Chance Brothers

Jarrett Chance

Coy Chance

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:01:53 PM by Codexa »

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 09:32:30 AM »
Of Prophecies and Fate

“Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Davina Stormborn

The Story:

Setting: Forgotten Realms

Keywords:

Seeking: 

Need To Know:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:49:29 PM by Codexa »

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:18:11 AM »
Dance With The Devil

“Say goodbye, as we dance with the devil tonight.
Don't you dare look at him in the eye, as we dance with the devil tonight.”

Dominick Black

The Story:

Dominick Black isn't your run of the mill man, he isn't even really human, not anymore. He was once, a long time ago, when the world was a much different place, when phones weren't the fancy things people obsess about today, and there were different expectations of men adn women. Once he fell in love, and when that love was threatened, he did the unthinkable and bargained for her life by summoning a crossroads demon.

When it came time for the demon to collect. Dominick expected to perish and be forced to endure eternity in torment. But things aren't quite what the stories tell you. Dominick was now a servant to darker and higher forces, he became a soul collector, a guide to the souls of the recently departed. It was his job to collect the souls of those who like himself, had made deals for whatever reason. Be it love, be it more youth or health, or most often, fame or money.

Now, sometimes people don't realize what they've done, or perhaps think that time will never come for them. But demons don't forget, and contracts don't fade into nothing. When your name comes up in the big man's book, you'll find yourself having a day of miracles and good fortune, and then it all ends, accident, mugging, drunk driver. Thousands of methods.

No one escapes.

Until HER.

When Dominick goes to collect his latest contact, he finds the woman survived, despite the odds. Someone screwed up somewhere, and now he has a woman whose time is up, and her soul is still firmly latched on to her mortal vessal. Weirder than that, she can see him, hear him, and is trying to bargain for more time, just a little more time.

So he gives her 30 days, 30 days to clean up her affairs. The one rule? He will remain by her side for the entire time.

What he didn't count on was falling for her, and uncovering something far more sinsiter than he thought possible. Her survival was no accident, and suddenly Dominick and this young woman are thrown in the middle of something that could possibly change how the entire system works for good.

Setting: Modern Setting.

Keywords: Romance. Betrayal. Bargains. Psychopomp. Star-Crossed. Fate.

Seeking:  The young woman. Age: 19-25. Other details, including FC up to her writer.

Need To Know: