You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 21, 2017, 11:42:05 PM
Top RP Sites - Vote Daily

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Codexa's Writing Corner - My Story Collection.  (Read 1552 times)

Offline CodexaTopic starter

• Introverted Fluff 💖 Sakky's Sugamama 💖 Rebelle's Writing Wife 💖 RegretNot is the Varric to my Merrill 💖 Arcanum's Sweetheart
  • Legate
  • Seducer
  • Location: Cast the boat, take a ride, cross the rift to the other side
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Codexa's Writing Corner - My Story Collection.
« on: March 16, 2016, 10:42:35 AM »
Current Status: Very Selectively Seeking

" There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - Maya Angelou

🌟The Basics🌟

Hello and welcome. I am Codexa. So named due to my infatuation with The Guild with Felicia Day. It was something I enjoyed immensely when I first joined E.

What can I say about myself? Well, I am in my late twenties, and am still figuring out this adulting buisness. I'm rather introverted and writing for me is a stress reliever, a hobby and simply something I do for enjoyment. Reading is another love of mine, among many other things. I occasionally roleplay outside of E, but this place is by far my favorite.

You can expect me to write lengthy replies, usually 3 paragraphs or more. Of course this depends greatly on the scene, the amount of interactions and things to reply too and even my partners style. I am a slower writer, even when things in my life are peachy keen. That being said, I do have a bit of a busy normal life, with family and children and my posting can vary. I do try to post at least once a week at minimum. Now, sometimes my muse is one happy little camper and I can reply more often.

Even if I can't get in a reply right away, I am usually around in some way. Reading PM's, keeping an eye on OOC threads that I'm involved with, checking out replies etc. I value communication. It doesn't need to be constant, and we don't have to get personal or discuss anything beyond the story. But I do appreciate a partner who is willing to discuss not just the beginning, but keep the communication open and flowing throughout our writing adventure together. Who is honest and willing to contribute ideas and move the story forward.

Below, you'll find some of my little plots and ideas. I'm always open to changes and discussion, and want my partners input in everything. I do recommend checking out my On and Off thread. [Located above] to see if you think we'll be a good match. :) Thanks for reading!

If you find yourself interested, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

:]

Notes
  • My posting is at a big slow point at the moment, so please bear with me.
  • Due to some RL issues, my muse took a pretty big hit and is still recovering. I'm around, and wanting to write once more, but I'm also taking things slowly.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:21:01 PM by Codexa »

• Introverted Fluff 💖 Sakky's Sugamama 💖 Rebelle's Writing Wife 💖 RegretNot is the Varric to my Merrill 💖 Arcanum's Sweetheart
  • Legate
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Re: Codexa's Writing Corner - My Story Collection.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »
Quick Plots and Pairings
+
These have no real plot, and are more an idea of what I might find fun to build off of.

Star Wars Canon
Jedi x Padawan
Smuggler x Former Jedi

Western Setting
Outlaw + Sheirff
Outlaw + Outlaw

Modern Supernatural
Lone Werewolf x Alpha Werewolf
Mage x Human
Mage x Mage
Vampire x Human
Werewolf x Human

Mythology
Apollo  x  Human
Mars x Human
Poseidon x Demi-God
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:47:32 PM by Codexa »

• Legate
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »

DRAGON AGE ORIGINS - WARDEN'S VIGIL
And now, let us step out into the night, and presue that flighty temptress. Adventure.

The Story

And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
-Threnodies 8:13

The Blight has come to Thedas, and with it the horrors of legend. Duncan and his fellow wardens are aware and struggle to convince those who would prefer to remain in ignorance of the true threat. He has traveled far and wide in search of candidates and recruits, finding them by chance or fate. The two wardens come from very different worlds, with different paths, different beliefs, and yet they find themselves thrown together during a time when the wardens are needed most, facing an almost impossible seeming task of gathering allies and resources to combat an ancient evil and prevent darkness from consuming not only Ferelden but all of Thedas.

The Characters

My Character: Alana Amell - Elf Mage ( Circle of Magi Origin) - Alana was born as a city elf - some horrible, cramped Alienage who grew up poor, with a family who seemed willing to keep their heads down, and just go about life, while humans harassed, and oppressed them at every turn. It was not long into her childhood when she was witness to one such incident. In her rage, her magic bubbled up from deep within, and exploded, seriously injuring the human and resulting in her being discovered by the Templars. It was by some miracle she wasn't killed, or made tranquil, possibly due to her age at the time, and was instead ripped from everything she had known, and sent to the Circle to live. Alana suffers from being an elf, and a mage, and has seen plenty of racism and disgusting attitudes in her relatively short life.

She's got a deep chip on her shoulder, is cynical and distrusting, tending to believe that everyone has ulterior motives, no matter how sincere or genuine they may appear. She can be aloof and difficult to work with, preferring to look out for her own interests first. But this is just an aspect of herself, in the circle, trouble mages are often dealt with harshly, or made tranquil. So, she was quick to learn to stay under the radar, keep her head down, and was generally considered to be quiet and something of a loner. All the while, she observed, and learned, and developed an unwise interest in blood magic, and anything that was restricted or forbidden, curious about the power there.

Partner Character: - Male Role - Ideally, I'd like the character to be from one of the other origin stories provided. Currently, I would like to avoid another mage, since my character is one. Both the Elf origin stories are wide open, as is the human noble story. I'm iffy on the dwarves but see below for the exception there. I do want to see the hooks in the origin stories used and explored more in depth for both characters and am fine with there being tweaks, and extra fluff added as the writer feels is fitting. (just no breaking them completely. :P) Personality, and everything else, details etc, are entirely up to the writer.

Additional Information

* In regard to the Dwarf Origin Stories. In general, I don't find dwarves attractive, and as I desire romance in the story, this is a factor. However, if someone would be willing to use this FC - (Pic 1) instead of the traditional 'dwarf' (think Oghren, or Grimili) I'd be open to the partner character being a dwarf without much issue.

Plots / Canons I do want to keep the plot as intact as possible, as well as the major story points. But seeing as this is an AU universe, I am more than willing to work with my writing partner to come up with fun and fresh ideas. Canons. I personally am not a fan of writing them as a full character, but seeing as many of them are important, I do see them being in the story itself. I want this to be about the OC's above, but with appearances by some of the original game companions during moments when it would be beneficial, or fitting. For example, I can see our characters meeting Alistair at Ostagar, and perhaps being separated, and running into him again in Redcliff. Morrigan and her mother can still rescue the characters, and provide help that way, and in others. They'd meet Oghren in Orzammar, and Wynne in the Circle etc etc.

** To be perfectly honest. I love the game ( and the other two as well) and simply want a chance to write my Warden, and explore the story, and setting in a new way. :P
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:21:22 AM by Codexa »

• Legate
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »
Reserved