Star Trek : The USS Longbow - recruiting closed for now

Started by rhev, March 09, 2016, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel Fire

I am definitely still interested.  I have a picture and a name for her already.  I'll get the rest up when I get home from work tonight.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

BlueEyedBard

If someone else come along with a desire for the Astrometrics position I can change jobs for Sela.

Writer Name: BlueEyedBard
Character Name: Sela Mhidora
Picture:
Description: Sela has a tall hourglass figure with full perky breasts that she enjoys how she can accentuate in her Starfleet uniform compared to her Romulan uniform. She is very eager to be stationed on the Longbow and to meet so many new people.
Position: Astrometrics
Biography: Sela grew up in a very interesting time in Romulan history. For the first time ever cooperation between the Romulan Empire and the Federation seemed like it was a very real possibility, and though there was still prejudice in nearly every street and almost every home, Sela's parents actually had a very positive outlook on peace with the Federation and reconnecting with their Vulcan cousins. There was even a young Vulcan man who often stayed with them when he would visit their planet to negotiate a treaty and Sela was encouraged to ask him anything she wanted about the galaxy beyond the neutral zone.

In this quest for knowledge she has discovered quite a bit about herself and the feelings she has that differ from a Vulcan and are shunned in Romulan culture. Feelings of passion and desire to know other beings that live in the universe that she yes to know more about. If it hadn't been for such passions her ability to read, understand and write star charts and her affinity for navigation would have made her the head of any Astrometrics lab in the armada.

The conundrum came as a blessing in disguise though as the empire began to collaborate with the Federation on a mission to explore the beta quadrant. It was absolutely necessary that the Romulan Empire be represented on the mission but the concern of the experimental engines and their effect on the crew was a worrying. It ended up being a unanimous decision that Sela, with her... strange desires toward the universe beyond. Would be the perfect person to bridge the gap and accompany the Longbow.

She was given the honorary rank of Lieutenant and assigned head of Astrometrics for the Longbow's mission. A very important job on this mission because of all the new star charts that would need to be made and filled as they explored the region.
Likes: Learning about the Federation, flirting, Star gazing
Dislikes: Prejudice, Feeling Alone, Disappointing People
Flaws: May get distracted by new experiences
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Re Z L

I was actually just thinking about a helmswoman.  ;D

Might be a bit before I can post something though.  Basic concept in my head is an Asari as an offshoot of the Orion race.
A&A

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Re Z L on March 14, 2016, 11:20:33 PM
I was actually just thinking about a helmswoman.  ;D

Might be a bit before I can post something though.  Basic concept in my head is an Asari as an offshoot of the Orion race.

Haha that's ok, I would rather have more people join the game than have the position of helmswoman.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

rhev

Yes, nothing is 100% set in stone yet.  I'm going to whip up the OOC tomorrow with a few 'locked in' positions, but there's always room for more.  I too would rather a player take a role than have someone double up.

Though I do have to say we are getting close to our limit honestly.

Angel Fire

Writer Name: Angel Fire
Character Name: Jia Ninani (True Bajoran form... in other words, she should be formally addressed as Lt. Jia)
Picture:
Description: Jia is a full blood Bajoran with all of the ridges in her nose and the earring on her right ear.  Her hair is a dark red with her eyes a dark hazel.  She has a few scars on her stomach and sides from male Cardassians trying to rape her during the tail end of the occupation of Bajor.
Position: Chief Ops officer
Biography: Jia always had book smarts while growing up but her "street smarts" were always left to be desired.  As she was a little child during the end of the Cardassian Occupation, she was attacked by young male Cardassians and raped at least once or twice.  She was glad that their seeds didn't make her pregnant but it was from those attacks that she found out that the only sex that she could trust and take in as a lover was another woman.  Penises still sort of scare her as it would remind her of the times that she was raped back when she was a child.  As she grew up, she began focusing on many things after being forced to leave Bajor for her safety.  She was found to be very smart and be able to analyze at least two to three things at once as it applied to the situation at hand.  Though she was definitely not capable of memory retention and deciphering skills as Data was, she did the best that she could with the skills that she had.

Though she didn't graduate at the top of her class at the academy, she made up for it with her intuition and her on the spot reactions to decipher a situation and help her crew get out of any sort of trouble that they may face.  She is quick on her feet though her social skills still need some work.  She can be somewhat timid around other people but when her libido kicks in, it is like she is a different person.  In this case, she can do almost anything to try to get the release that she needs.
Likes: True females, Feeling like she is wanted, Solving problems, Nature in any form, being called 'Ninani' during lovemakeing
Dislikes: Penises, feeling constricted (This can be in rules or in the physical sense), Snotty people that think they are better than her.
Flaws: Very strong libido... especially after the new warp drive kicks in, Can tend to take things too seriously, Can take a relationship to heart only to see her heart broken when she is being used, Can be persuaded to do things which she may not like to do.

If there is anything else that you would you would like to know about Jia, please feel free to PM me.  Thankies!

ETA: Fixed a few typos
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Angel Fire

rhev

Funny, when you first said you weren't going to be a huge fan of Futa, I was thinking to myself "Oh geeze, what's going to be the point of playing in this game then?  What kind of character is going to fit into the story?"

But I'll be damned, you nailed it.  A bajoran who survived cardassian rape.  Absolutely perfect, seriously.  Now that being said, I'm hoping that over time, Ninani will at least come to be fond of her futa crewmates.  I think it's going to be an interesting potential story arc for her.   Also  on a personal note.... DS9 = best trek.

Also - Side note, I was thinking we'd have 4 or 5 players, but it seems the interest is high.  I was talking to one other player *cough cough sinestra cough* who might be joining and taking the role of first officer.  With the potential for Re ZL and her, that's a lot of players.  :)  That being said I think we really should cap our players with who has already posted.  It's getting a bit crowded otherwise even for me as dedicated GM and BEB as co-gm.  Plus, all the major roles will be filled.

Angel Fire

*Smiles* I am thinking that it will take a lot of time for ninani to get fond of a Futa crewmate.  As I mentioned before, trust is going to have to be earned with her so that is some arc that can definitely be pursued by someone that is interested in it.

I am so glad that you really like Ninani! *Jumps in joy*

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: rhev on March 15, 2016, 12:04:15 AM

Also - Side note, I was thinking we'd have 4 or 5 players, but it seems the interest is high.  I was talking to one other player *cough cough sinestra cough* who might be joining and taking the role of first officer.  With the potential for Re ZL and her, that's a lot of players.  :)  That being said I think we really should cap our players with who has already posted.  It's getting a bit crowded otherwise even for me as dedicated GM and BEB as co-gm.  Plus, all the major roles will be filled.

I can also remove Sela if we get too full.
On/Off

rhev

Working on getting the OOC up now, will have massive edits over the next few hours:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245957.0

Feel free to post there for discussion and what not.

Re Z L

Very WIP

Writer Name:  Re Z L

Character Name:  Zhinivouss "Zhini" Jillalish

Description:  Green-skinned Asari, an off-shoot of the Orions, with yellow-gold eyes and various splotches of darker skin in symmetrical patterns along her face.  Naturally hairless, but with a serious of fleshy ridges along her head ending in points near the base of her skull.  Slender with a narrow frame, but a larger chest to give her an almost disproportionate bust-to-waist ratio.

Age: 26, actual and apparent  (longer lived than humans, but age identically until mid-twenties to thirties at which point aging seems to stop for a prolonged period of time)

Position: Helm

Biography:  The pheremone-producing Orions had, at some point in the distant past, intermingled with another species--some suspect it may have been the Betazeds, though there seems to be no real evidence to support the idea--which ultimately produced the Asari.  The Asari have a number of differences from their Orion cousins, firstly the pheromones that the Asari produce are much more muted in effect.  Where the Orion pheromones can elicit extreme changes in mood or behavior, the Asari pheromones simply lul others into a generally receptive mood by easing physical and mental tension.  Extreme emotions such as fear or anger easily overcome this influence, though a skilled Asari can slowly calm and angered person more easily than others.  What the Asari lack in their pheromone production compared to the Orions, they make up for with a passive telepathic aura.  While the Asari cannot read the emotions of another like the Betazeds do, in fact their empathic abilities work largely in reverse.  Asari induce the emotions that they are currently feeling in those around them, the older Asari have shown the ability to focus this ability but only after a great deal of practice and discipline.  One Asari has only a mild effect on those around them, but a calm Asari can keep a group mostly calm for a period of time.

Zhinivouss, or simply "Zhini", left Orion space to join Starfleet at a young age, eager to explore the stars.  A peculiar knack with her telepathic abilities lended her an acute sense of direction and location in space which made her climb through the ranks rather quickly as a gifted, young Helmswoman.  What she lacked in experience she made up for in raw talent, and despite some well-intentioned pranks on the ships she was fortunate enough to pilot, she was usually a welcome addition to the bridge for the natural focus that her aura brought to her crewmates.  It was this particular gift, along with an even greater natural resistance to the space-folding phenomenon that made her a clear choice for the USS Longbow.  In early tests she showed that she could maintain enough concentration post-jump to do two things:  ensure the ship could be piloted for a nominal amount of time to avoid any significant post-jump threats, and provided a small measure of stability to the others on the bridge, allowing them to resist the libido-increasing effects of the coaxial drive for a slightly longer period of time.

Her exposure did come with some other side-effects, however.  Her emotional balance was slightly shifted, making her more prone to heights of different forms of passion--anger, lust, fear, etc.  Furthermore her libido was raised similarly to most of the others that had been exposed to the coaxial drive.

Likes:  Biology/Plantlife, Alien Species, Exploration, Speed
Dislikes:  Being forced to submit, Enclosed spaces
Flaws:  Mischevious, Emotional, Overdrive Libido
A&A

rhev

Ok, our crew is pretty full for now, I'm going to close the thread and lock it.  We can always re-open it if we need more players.

Feel free to do discussion on the OOC thread while I work on it and the first post.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245957.0