You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:23:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Justice Heroes (Young Justice/Justice League Inspired RP) - Open!  (Read 10270 times)

Offline Rel Mayer

Thanks sweetie! So gonna get Zoe high and make her do magic tricks. :)

Don't tempt me with such amazing ideas! ...it'd be hilarious to see her go a little crazy with magic!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:05:13 AM by Rel Mayer »

Offline wander

I have a super character I've been tweaking I'd like to play. Hopefully tomorrow I'll find the time to get a character sheet PMed in. :)

Offline Gilgameshian

• The (Not Actually) King of Heroes
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Behold my Gate of Infinite Stories Mongrel!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
I'm interested what with my recent resurgent interest in the Young Justice style world.

Any ideas/list of what we have power-wise so we know what gaps to fill? (Scratch that.)

RedPhoenix - Snake Scientist Hippie (Medusa Based Powers, sans turning you to stone literally)
Rel Mayer - Wayne Heir (Magic Based Power)
Foxy Oni - Confident Heroine (Time Based Power)
Norwegian One - Scientist Weather Man (Weather/Atmosphere Based Powers)

So that gives ya 3 ladies and 1 guy and a basic idea of powers. Hope that helps other people too! Didn't add the ones who noted interest just because it was easier to focus on the done ones. I can edit this as more come in if people want.

That said I'm aiming to throw my hat in the ring. Thinking something along the lines of a fighting based Taskmaster/Deathstroke style or a tech based hero. I'll figure him out before the end of the day I think.

Offline Lustful Bride

• "Logic is for Squares."
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
Im gonna be joining up with a Thanagarian like character. (Ive literally been trying to play this character so many times ive lost count X3 But it just seemed that countless things would get in my way :P )

Offline Praxis

• Don't worry loves. The cavalry's here.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "Be a dissident. Who ain't kissin' it."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Wow.

Impressive original characters so far.

I'm thinking of a ... "teleporter"?

Beyond that...fairly normal guy.

Maybe...maybe government-trained experiment gone awry but I need to chew on it for another few hours.

Online Norwegian One

Norwegian One - Scientist Weather Man

I object to this characterisation!  >:(

Hehe, just kidding :P Though gravity is not really a weather condition ;D

Offline Gilgameshian

• The (Not Actually) King of Heroes
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Behold my Gate of Infinite Stories Mongrel!
  • View My Rolls
That's what happens when I skim to try and get the overview without going in depth. Not saying I was distracted by the picture of Jessica Alba doing a lovely dance but I totally was.

Offline Red LobsterTopic starter

I'm happy to see a bunch of interest! I look forward to seeing your sheets and playing with you guys.

Your sheet looks great Norwegian! Can you just answer one question for me? I understand the density power pretty well, but could you provide some examples of how your character may use the atmospheric changed ability? I just want to get a feel for how strong it is.

Online Norwegian One

Thanks Red Lobster :) At its most basic, his power increases or decreases the effective density of mass in the target object or creature, making them more or less susceptible to the gravity of planet Earth. In the beginning, he will not be able to change the density by much, thus he won't be able to change the weight of an object by much. So, I guess he will start off as a kind of buff/debuff character, hampering opponents and aiding allies. For example, he could make an enemy or their weapon heavier, making it harder for them to fight effectively, or lighten an ally, making them less constrained by gravity, enabling them to move faster, jump higher, etc.

Eventually, his powers might develop, though, to where he could potentially make things weightless or crush them to the ground with gravity :)

Kind of like that Lieutenant in Bleach, if you've ever seen that.

Approved!

Online Norwegian One

That might have been one of my several inspiration sources ;D Though Atmosphere doesn't need to touch the object to affect them :P

Offline Rel Mayer

Nice goatee, NO. ;P I wonder where you got that inspiration from.

Offline Aiden

Potential interest as a speedster, I don't follow the comics but I watch the show The Flash and that is about all the knowledge (besides some Batman stuff) about the DC universe.

Since I most likely have no way to be the son of the Joker, cuz evil and all.  XD

Sounds great Aiden! Fair warning I may be playing a Speedster as well

Offline Aiden

I like the idea of playing the new guy or at least recently discovering said powers. Unless that is what you are considering for your guy. Since I have the least amount of DC knowledge (assuming I am the newb), I will ease into it. I got mad Wiki powers through and already looking up what is possible with the speed force.

If it is plausible, character with some minor charges for petty theft, hustling and pick pocketing then gets powers. Then is given the option, jail or join the JLA (YJLA?).

(I admit I am a big fan of Captain Cold in that show Legends of Tomorrow, so I kinda want both. Flash Powers + Snark personality)

Sounds good!

Offline Praxis

• Don't worry loves. The cavalry's here.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "Be a dissident. Who ain't kissin' it."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3

(I admit I am a big fan of Captain Cold in that show Legends of Tomorrow, so I kinda want both. Flash Powers + Snark personality)

That show doubles down so emphatically and unapologetically on typical comic book dialogue...while some might think it's stupid, I think it's unflinching commitment to simplicity is marvellous.

Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold is killing it.  Yeah...it's comical but fuck me if I'm not enjoying it.

Offline Life in Color

• Caradoc's Comic Goddess •The Cure to Writer's Block • E's Resident Comic Columnist • Wanderer of the Fade • Shameless Tease • Decidedly Distracting • Lover of Heroes and Villains • Pro-Mutant • #teamdreynastia #teamcap • #teamsupes •
  • Lady Mentor
  • Seducer
  • 🎶 Bite that tattoo on your shoulder 🎶
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
I am tentatively interested in this because of all the faces I adore that are already here.

And superhero rp.... Weakness! *falls over*

I've got an idea, I just need to bend it to fit here.

Edit: I tossed you a PM with the idea, Lobster. <3
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:53:00 PM by Life in Color »

Offline Rel Mayer

If it is plausible, character with some minor charges for petty theft, hustling and pick pocketing then gets powers. Then is given the option, jail or join the JLA (YJLA?).

(I am also a DC newb. Luckily, Red has been really awesome about educating me on simple things I should probably know.)

This idea sounds awesome! I think that there is always a fun dynamic with a character forced to do "good" work for a community in hopes that he will eventually follow the good guys, rather than the bad guys.

(Also, gives me an excuse to have yet another character to betray your character with, if he ever does anything wrong. Since Zoe is a do-gooder.) -whistles- -innocent face-
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:15:45 PM by Rel Mayer »

Offline RedPhoenix

I like the do-gooder/ne'er do well/heeyyyy man just chill dynamic that Zoe/Aiden's Boy/Autumn might have going....:)

Offline indarkestknight

Okay, so, I've settled on a character concept! Scarab, son (maybe grandson?) of the very first Blue Beetle, Dan Garrett, sought out by... a rogue reach scarab from Earth-2. Wait, no, Earth-3. Wait, no, antimatter universe. Wait – ... you know what? Basically, whatever we're calling the Earth the Crime Syndicate comes from!

So!

Question for everyone, in terms of appearance. Which do you prefer? [1] [2]

Offline mia h

What about the Red Beetle ?

Or even the Silver Scarab?

Offline Life in Color

• Caradoc's Comic Goddess •The Cure to Writer's Block • E's Resident Comic Columnist • Wanderer of the Fade • Shameless Tease • Decidedly Distracting • Lover of Heroes and Villains • Pro-Mutant • #teamdreynastia #teamcap • #teamsupes •
  • Lady Mentor
  • Seducer
  • 🎶 Bite that tattoo on your shoulder 🎶
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
So many beetles....

._.

Offline Rel Mayer

I like the do-gooder/ne'er do well/heeyyyy man just chill dynamic that Zoe/Aiden's Boy/Autumn might have going....:)

This is all I can think of:

Okay, so, I've settled on a character concept! Scarab, son (maybe grandson?) of the very first Blue Beetle, Dan Garrett, sought out by... a rogue reach scarab from Earth-2. Wait, no, Earth-3. Wait, no, antimatter universe. Wait – ... you know what? Basically, whatever we're calling the Earth the Crime Syndicate comes from!

So!

I like full images, personally, that show off the suit and everything! You could always have him with a back-up suit that's different too, give him a bit of option of what to switch in-between. :)

Offline Foxy Oni

I like the first. It's more super-hero-y and less like Jamie Reyes and Venom had a baby.