Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: Aislinn on March 20, 2016, 09:26:39 PM
The discomfort is mostly stemmed from the perceived sexual content, yes. I'm an extremely plot-driven writer and the sexual content comes last really. I realized there would be others that were different then I but I apparently didn't take to what extreme into account. My fault completely. The original intent was to have the main thread and then if people wanted interactions with others away from that thread then they were completely free to do so. The only stipulation was to let me know when one of these threads was created so I could link it to the main thread.
to be fair, I'm a plot driven writer too. In all my time on E, I've barely had any sex scenes, much less ones that were ever finished. They get boring after awhile. Lmao. My perception with it was simply to allow the range if so desired, this is E after all.

If we can put the main thread in Light - Small Groups - Exotic....can you put other secondary threads in other categories? I was always under the impression that if the main thread was someplace that all of them did.
Yes, you can have the main thread one place and other threads other places. I've even seen groups allow people to branch into a few 1x1 threads and have it count towards the group as a whole. It's just easy to have it all in one spot. However, as long as you organize, I never found it that hard to keep up with additional things. The only thing is if you make it big game status, you have to consolidate into a single category that suits the group as a whole. But I wouldn't worry about that. If Light is what makes you as GM comfortable, then go with Light. People who want something more intense branch off.
QuoteThen again, this is my first foray into GMing here.

I'm open to whatever arrangement you would be comfortable with. =-) I will pm you and we can chat.

Alright. This I'm feeling I can help you with. I'm an experienced GM here and elsewhere. So yes, let's pm and chat. I can help you plan and arrange.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Also, since I'm offering up being a co-GM, can I get a list of who all is playing who so I know what characters are gonna be around, please? All I really have straight is I'm playing the Cheshire Cat, I assume Aislinn is still playing Emma, Christa is Belle I believe, and beyond that I'm a little foggy. Possibly because it's almost 1am right now and things I read are blurring together. Lol
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aislinn

Quote from: Ember Star on March 21, 2016, 12:51:16 AM
Also, since I'm offering up being a co-GM, can I get a list of who all is playing who so I know what characters are gonna be around, please? All I really have straight is I'm playing the Cheshire Cat, I assume Aislinn is still playing Emma, Christa is Belle I believe, and beyond that I'm a little foggy. Possibly because it's almost 1am right now and things I read are blurring together. Lol

I can send you the info sheets I have in the morning...=-)
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

AlphaWolfQuin

I just wanna say that I too am a plot driven writer so any thread it's put into I will be happy with. Of course I do enjoy a good adult scene when the story calls for it but only when the story calls for it and it builds a certain relationship more. Either way I am more than willing to play wherever as long as everyone is happy, comfortable, and enjoying themselves ;D Also I sent my OC in for approval hopefully he is liked.

Sorry to see that a couple of you are dropping out :( but I'm happy that the game is still in the works. I'm definitely still looking forward to it :)
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

VonDoom

Since I proposed just placing the main game in the non-adult section (though originally meant to avoid potential trouble with Henry), I'm of course fine with keeping sexual elements to a minimum … and still in. Plot also comes first for me. I'm fine with whatever prominence is agreed on.

Of course, that is not to say since interpersonal relationships and drama are a big element, that plot aspects themselves cannot also have sexual motivation or elements -- say, as an example I totally don't mention for any particular reason or have designs towards ( O:)): Rumpel remembers basically having Ruby (though as a wolf) on a leash and decides that, now that they're basically living in near proximity and he sees a lot of her, he'd rather like to have that again except without all the fang and fur involved. So he tries to seduce her under the premise of a deal that'd secure her ownership of their diner. Which could generate both personal conflict, romantic conflict, conflict within Ruby's family and more.

As I also said earlier, I generally prefer the higher rating boards simply to cover your bases. I don't expect much in the way of graphic violence or extreme sexual elements, but we'll have at least one werewolf and a variety of villainous characters, some of whom are rather notorious for tearing hearts out of people's chests. Sure, it's not the actual blood-pumping organ and more of a symbolic replacement, but I prefer to have a good amount of leeway in regards to hard forum rules when it comes to this vs. agreed-upon game rules. OUAT can get rather dark at times, even if no sexual elements are involved.

I know Aiden said it's a pet peeve of his, but I don't see anything wrong with placing a game into a category with a 'higher' rating just to be on the safe side (whilst agreeing amongst the participants to by and large keep it nice and clean). It's not like people are entitled to more extreme content simply by merit of where the game is placed.

@Bibliophilia, @Flower I'm happy to also involve Rumpel in the equation somehow, if you like -- maybe Beast was never told how his condition might be fixed, for example, and Rumpel provided the answer (for, well, you know what. Starts with a p, ends with something that rhymes with lice). Maleficent certainly doesn't need help cursing someone, so not sure what, if anything, might be done between her and Rumpel in regards to Beast's case. XD
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Bibliophilia

VonDoom, I rather like that idea, and I even have an idea what the price could have been.

Aislinn, of course, has final say, but I have an idea for the game that might be fun.

Rather than the fate of the town and its occupants resting solely on the shoulders of Emma, and Henry by connection, what if each character in the game has a particular 'task' related to their storyline that, collectively, breaks the curse?  Well, everyone but the two who enacted it, anyhow.

For example:  I've already come up with the idea, with Christa, that Beast is going to mysteriously inherit a crumbling mansion in the woods, which he feels compelled to restore.  Perhaps, the restoration is his task, since the mansion is the Earth equivalent of his castle in the Enchanted Forest.

So, each character would then have a personal goal, and that goal leads to the over-all goal of breaking the curse, even though they are unaware of it.  Rumple would know about those goals and their consequences, and Regina would probably catch wise at some point.  I think it might make for a really interesting dynamic, and Emma can still be the pivotal piece of the puzzle, but the rest of the characters aren't just sort of...aimless.

VonDoom

Actually, that would make for an awesome twist ... Regina enacted the curse, so Rumpel would also have a task, no? Another clever little backup plan to make sure the curse is released on his terms, if at all.  >:)

Assuming the idea is taken up, of course.

O&O

Amelita

I don't imagine needing anything beyond light or bondage at the very highest for the character I have. That said, I'm fine with whatever.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Aiden

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ember Star

Quote from: Aislinn on March 21, 2016, 01:35:27 AM
I can send you the info sheets I have in the morning...=-)
Thank you  :-)
Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 21, 2016, 06:19:52 AM
VonDoom, I rather like that idea, and I even have an idea what the price could have been.

Aislinn, of course, has final say, but I have an idea for the game that might be fun.

Rather than the fate of the town and its occupants resting solely on the shoulders of Emma, and Henry by connection, what if each character in the game has a particular 'task' related to their storyline that, collectively, breaks the curse?  Well, everyone but the two who enacted it, anyhow.

For example:  I've already come up with the idea, with Christa, that Beast is going to mysteriously inherit a crumbling mansion in the woods, which he feels compelled to restore.  Perhaps, the restoration is his task, since the mansion is the Earth equivalent of his castle in the Enchanted Forest.

So, each character would then have a personal goal, and that goal leads to the over-all goal of breaking the curse, even though they are unaware of it.  Rumple would know about those goals and their consequences, and Regina would probably catch wise at some point.  I think it might make for a really interesting dynamic, and Emma can still be the pivotal piece of the puzzle, but the rest of the characters aren't just sort of...aimless.
this is actually a rather curious idea. Something I could see Regina and Rumple consistently trying to stop too. It would be a flaw in their curse. Hm...
Quote from: Aiden on March 21, 2016, 08:39:31 AM
Scars goal, toss mufasa off a cliff
*snorts humorously*

VonDoom

Quote from: Kokaine on March 21, 2016, 10:23:47 AM
Ruby on a leash, eh? ::)

:P

Or maybe in tasteful bondage photo modeling, all light and shadows and maybe a splash of red? >:)

O&O

Phoenixrisen

Hey folks sorry I disappeared for so long. After a crazy, though not bad few days my head really isn't in a writing place. I'll be withdrawing. I know my character never got in, but I did want to say something rather than just completely disappear. Best of luck. :)
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Aislinn

Busy day at work. I need to grab a shower and then I'll start working on sending info to EmberStar and answering questions!
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

Current Character List

Aislinn – Emma Swan
AlphaWolfQuin - Krystopher Dane/Werewolf (Approved)
Flower - Mildred "Millie" Voigt/Maleficent (Approved)
Amelita - Megan Holden/Megara (Approved)
Aiden - Dieon King/Scar (Approved)
Bibliophelia - Phelan Magnus/Beast (Approved)
Christa - Belle French (Approved)
Kokaine - Ruby Lucas/Red Riding Hood &The Wolf (Approved)
Ember Star - Jazz Chenner/ Jazzilaia, the Cheshire Cat (Approved)
VonDoom – Mr.Gold/Rumpelstiltskin (Approved)
Ariel – Regina Mills/The Evil Queen (Approved)

Twisted iN Tux - Withdrawn
Chrystal - Withdrawn
Emjay – Mulan (No mini-sheet)
Phoenixrisen - Withdrawn
Intimate Ink - Withdrawn
Pocketwatch – Still discussing
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

I'm slowly working my way through all the conversations and pms that have been sent to me. I promise to answer all the questions...just given me a little while to arrange everything. =-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Flower

Bibliophilia

Flower, we should totally figure out what Beast did to get cursed.  I was thinking maybe he was hunting and killed something she cared about, or was a jerk to her.  I'm imagining that back before he was cursed, Beast was an arrogant, self-involved, entitled ass.  Similar to the Disney story, except he would have been in his late teens to early twenties.

Aislinn

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 21, 2016, 06:19:52 AM

You accidentally stumbled upon my secret plot! Seriously...that's too funny. It's exactly what I had in mind. Essentially Emma coming to town sets all these 'trials' in motion...and she has a piece to play in all of them although mostly from the background....at least until the end where she plays a big part.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Flower

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 21, 2016, 09:29:12 PM
Flower, we should totally figure out what Beast did to get cursed.  I was thinking maybe he was hunting and killed something she cared about, or was a jerk to her.  I'm imagining that back before he was cursed, Beast was an arrogant, self-involved, entitled ass.  Similar to the Disney story, except he would have been in his late teens to early twenties.

What if she was the beggar who came knocking at his door? xD

Bibliophilia

Oh, yay, Aislinn!  Sorry I outed it, though.  -grins.-

-snickers at Flower.-  That totally works.  The way he was before, I can totally see him being all 'Send her away.  We don't feed strays here.'

Flower

I'm going to message you for more details. <3

Aiden

Aislinn

Quote from: Aiden on March 21, 2016, 10:13:06 PM
Woo I am approved!

Less approved and more like "saw your sheet...didn't see issues...let me know if you have issues" kind of thing....lol. I just got lazy and called it an approval.

I've been thinking about the 'conditions' of Storybrooke when the story opens. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on how Storybrooke is when Emma arrives so everyone has a solid base to start their stories from. 'Conditions' would be like....

#1 - Storybrooke is under curse #1 and protected from outsiders. The city does NOT get visitors....with the exception of Emma. Because of the curse, the townspeople acknowledge that visitors are rare but don't seem to think anything of it.

#2 - Henry Mills exists similarly to his character in the show but he is to never be used directly in any plot.

#3 -  For the purpose of having a 'control character', the character of Emma Swan will be almost identical to the tv version. Expect her to be heroic and brave and the perfect little savior.

What 'conditions' do you all think would be appropriate to start with?

Annnnnnnnd go!

Prior to the start of the story, everyone will need to agree to the 'conditions'.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Bibliophilia