[Scion: Hero] Recruitment Closed

Started by ererruz, February 11, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ererruz

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 16, 2016, 07:55:05 AM
Unlidded Eye, Bona Fortuna, Evil Eye, and Deus Ex Machina? (Mostly for purposes of `do I want to commit to Magic`).

I like JSR Unlidded Eye, definitely using that. Bona Fortuna could be taken as either or both, if we just change one of its names, because I really do like the idea of them both co-existing together. Actually, the same applies to Evil Eye -- they're different enough to be used as separate spells. As for Deus Ex Machina... I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it, because I do like them both but they can't really be used in the same game because one is vastly superior to the other.

ererruz

I'd like to start the game on Friday so please make sure to finish your applications till Friday 8:00am UTC time, so I can choose and start once I've woken up on Friday.

indarkestknight

HairyHeretic

Okay, think mine is done. Sheet is edited on the previous post.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Phaia

y'all might convice Selena to sing this number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlQ364MXVlA

Phaia

indarkestknight

Quote from: ererruz on February 17, 2016, 02:34:51 AM
I like JSR Unlidded Eye, definitely using that. Bona Fortuna could be taken as either or both, if we just change one of its names, because I really do like the idea of them both co-existing together. Actually, the same applies to Evil Eye -- they're different enough to be used as separate spells. As for Deus Ex Machina... I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it, because I do like them both but they can't really be used in the same game because one is vastly superior to the other.

Should I expect a decision on Deus Ex Machina before the deadline?

ererruz

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 18, 2016, 03:08:46 AM
Should I expect a decision on Deus Ex Machina before the deadline?

I guess that spell is the deciding matter? Which one would you rather have personally?

indarkestknight

That spell would determine whether I invest one of my starting Epic Attributes/Boons in Epic Charisma or not, yes. I'm thinking of putting the rulebook version of Deus Ex Machina on a 3 dot relic. However, if you feel the power level of such a relic/boon would be out of line, I can forgo the idea.

Lockepick

GM can correct me, of course, but I believe he made a ruling earlier about not allowing Relics to have Boons higher than what we can normally buy/use. So taking a 3-dot spell on a Relic wouldn't be acceptable.

IGNORE ME
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

indarkestknight

I was under the impression that he was wary of relics emulating powers beyond the scope of Hero. Deus Ex Machina is on the upper end of Hero power level spectrum, but still not a Demigod-level boon. Though, like you said, GM has the final call.

ererruz

Quote from: lockepick on February 18, 2016, 07:54:43 AM
GM can correct me, of course, but I believe he made a ruling earlier about not allowing Relics to have Boons higher than what we can normally buy/use. So taking a 3-dot spell on a Relic wouldn't be acceptable.

That's not what I said -- or at least that's not what I meant when I said it. I was talking about Relics with Boons from Demigod or God, so Deus Ex Machina, as a Magic 3 spell, should be fine. It's certainly an interesting idea. I'll allow it.

Lockepick

My bad! Past post edited to prevent any further confusion/misinformation.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Muse

Wracking my brain on my relics right now. 

Maybe more on Vishnu will help...
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cataclysmic Archangel

My sheet's completely done, stat-wise.  Well, aside from the 'plug in the combat stuff' that I can't be bothered with looking up right now.

It's the background stuff that's killing me, because that requires actually creativity.

Muse

A few quick questions, Ererruz. 

A.  Best stats i can find for a chackram would be the "Discus (Razor)" from Scion Companion.  Do you know any better? 
  B.  If I'm going to take throwing wepaons seriously, are there any enhancments I might use to be able to call them back?  Or to treat one relic background as multiple "units of amunition"? 
  C.  Can't remember this one.  :)

Here's my birthrights as currently written: 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Lance of Bala (3): - Gaurdian
    Description
: Strong, willful, indefatigable.  This spear has a long blade and a sturdy shaft.  It has the statistics of a Naginata.  It adds Peter's legend to his dexterity + melee rolls.  It has a GM approved way of being either summoned or concealed.  It grants acess tot he Guardian purview. 
  • Chackram of Tejas (3) - Guardian
    Description
: Invoking the divine virtue of splendor, this is a chackram similar to the one wielded by his father.  It adds Peter's legend to his dexterity + throwing rolls.  It's speed is reduced by one (to 5.)  He may cause it to transform into a normal looking bracelet. 
  • Spashtata (2) -
    Description
Meaning Clarity, these gold rimmed spectacles grants the power Night Eyes.  They add Peter's legend to Perception + Awareness rolls. 
  • Blossom of Karunya (1) - Health
    Description
This corsage is always fresh and never rumpled-even when it's been in his pocket.  It sometimes seems to be a red rose, others white.  Invoking the divine power of compassion, it grants access to the preview of Health. 
  • Parchment of Jnana, The Omniscient Scroll (1) - Psychopomp
    Description
This is a small, ornate scroll tube containing a roll of parchment and a vial of ink.  It grants psychompomp affects by pouring the ink onto the parchment, which then coalesces into a map. 
  • Conch of Shakti (1) - Water
    Description
Shakti is the power of energy.  This Conch grants dominion over water. 
[/list]
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Muse on February 18, 2016, 01:20:46 PM

B.  If I'm going to take throwing wepaons seriously, are there any enhancments I might use to be able to call them back?  Or to treat one relic background as multiple "units of amunition"? 

Looks like we have something in common.  E had me take 1 point in Relics for 'teleports back after thrown'

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 18, 2016, 01:23:02 PM
Looks like we have something in common.  E had me take 1 point in Relics for 'teleports back after thrown'

Yep, I think every single character has something like that lol

Cataclysmic Archangel

I wasn't planning on a weapon.  I was told it would be silly not to.

Muse

C--or rather, A--was "What category do our new health levels for epic stamina fall into?" 

Hm... 

Can "Teleport's back after thrown," also be a "Summons from home whne it's time for battle" power? 

I was gonig to have the chackram hide as a bracelet.  :) 

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Muse on February 18, 2016, 01:31:02 PM
C--or rather, A--was "What category do our new health levels for epic stamina fall into?" 

Hm... 

Can "Teleport's back after thrown," also be a "Summons from home whne it's time for battle" power? 

I was gonig to have the chackram hide as a bracelet.  :)

I think any of those qualify as 1 point. There's a 1 point for 'unlimited ammo' which flavored could just be returning to you ,and a 1 point for changing size/shape which could be the braclet or something that fits in your wallet?

Muse

I'm playing a brawler in Hairy Heretics game, Arcannyx.  My first concept for this game was also a brawler, but I didnt' want to play two. 

I'm sure I'd be doing more damage with her if I'd specced for melee, but she is doing damage to the book one big bad. 

(And there's also brawling weapons for a slight boost.  Brass knuckles and tiger claws.) 

Now, what I'm sure I'll regret with Peter is that he doesn't have any epic deterity. 

I confess I was trying to find a way to squeeze them both into one point. 

I may have to drop two out of skills if not... 

Muse

Final Draft
    (Art is never finished, only abandoned.  ^_^;;  Something my creative writing proff used to quote.)

Name: Peter Roland
Calling: Social Worker/Big Guy/Outdoorsman
Nature: Caregiver
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual and romantic. 
Pantheon: Daeva
God: Vishnu
Nationality: American
Date of birth: October 21st, 1992

Motivation: Make the world a happier, safer place. 
Deific goal:

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 300lbs
Hair color:  Dark Chocolate
Eye color: Blue
Distinguishing features: Powerful build, sensual lips. 
Appearance:
Face claim: Tom Welling

Personality: Empathic and protective.  In spite of this, he can occasionally get oblivious when he's caught up in the romance of a situation. 

Family: Barbra Roland (Mother), Joshua Roland (Stepfather), Laura Roland (Younger Sister), Gabriel Brewer (Cousin)
Friends and allies:
Rivals and enemies: The Rakshasa now known as Shere Khan—for the limping tiger from the Jungle Book—believes that his right arm/forepaw can finally be healed if he drinks from Peter's ichor.  (See Background.) 
Background: Barbra Roland is a government bureaucrat in Washington, DC.  During a whirlwind romance with an tall and handsome lobbyist for the Red Cross, she conceived her first child.  The relationship had already burned out by the time she discovered she was pregnant.  A year and a half later, a catholic priest--Joshua Roland--took early retirement and renounced his vows in order to marry her.  They had a daughter, Laura. 
   Growing up in a comfortable household, Peter and Laura both attended the same high quality roman catholic private school.  Their education was strong--especially in the liberal arts.   Peter learned several different languages.   He also did well in athletics, participating in triathlons and competitive athletics.  By the time he graduated, Peter was extremely tall and strong as many professional body builders.  He turned down several athletic scholarships because he'd rather do volunteer work for the poor and climb mountains than play football. 
   Peter fell in love with a Greek-descended girl in college and proposed to her on a mountainside.  They were to be married after graduation, but she left him at the alter.  After a few miserable months, Peter spent nine months backpacking in Europe and Asia to clear his mind. 
Visitation:
November 7th, 2015
Mumbai (formerly Bombei) 

Over the last seven months, traveling through Europe and India—sometimes on foot, others by train—Peter found his head growing progressively clearer.  At first, it was simply the emotional pall of his failed engagement falling behind him.  The wounds on his heart scabbing over, the scaring and finally starting to fade. 

In time, it became something more.   He spent many hours in silence.  He listened—even when he had no clue to the language spoken.  He watched.  Sometimes it seemed his senses were growing keener.  When he did speak, it was usually to ask a few well placed questions of a friendly local, often about a local custom, or some plant, animal, or dish he didn't recognize. 

The world really was a beautiful place. 

And Mumbai was starting to piss him off.  He found himself in a ramshackle part in the middle of town talking to a statue of a Hindu god in a familiar fashion he'd never used in a catholic church. 

http://www.lotussculpture.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/large-vishnu-statue-z.jpg

“You're Vishnu, right?  One of the three highest avatars in the universe?  Brahma creates, Shiva destroys.  You're the power that preserves. 

“And you have a lot of mortal avatars?  Like Rama in all those epics and wall hangings? 

“I think this city could use one right now.  Have you looked around here?  Almost half the population lives in slums.  Two thirds of the government budget goes to paying employees, only 1/3rd to giving them things to do.  What is it with this world?  I mean, look around.  In the middle of crumbling, graffiti covered walls, there's suddenly this explosive flash of green—grass and trees and bushes, flowers blooming in the middle of trash. 

“And here's your statue, and at it's base, fragrant ash and still burning incense.  No one's given up, Vishnu.  I don't know if you and all the other gods have given up on us, but we still believe in you, and this magnificent universe you've given us.” 

Peter walked away from the statue, and out of the park.  Confused in ways he hadn't been since the start of his journey.  The night in the slum was raucous and dark.  Street lights glowed dimly, and failed every few blocks.  Human predators stalked the night.  Beggars pleaded for change and hookers huddled in door frames. 

A man in a trench coat with a hat pulled low past Peter going the other way.  Peter blinked and glanced back after him, hearing a dry, rattling breath.  “Sir are you,” he called, turning to ask if the man was sick, but he had already turned a corner.  Peter paused, finding a cold chill running down his spine, but after a moment he followed, meaning to check on the man's health. 

Peter rounded the same corner and couldn’t find the man, but could still hear his breathing in the distance.  He followed it for several blocks, then found some children playing in the street.  He pondered if he had enough Hindi to ask the children if they'd seen him.  He looked around thoughtfully and noticed the strangest thing. 

There was a mace lying next to the wall. 

A roar scattered the children as—of all things—a tiger leaped from the roof! 

It pinned one of the screaming children and it's maw went wide.  Peter screamed at the top of his lungs as well.  Without a thought, he grabbed the mace and charged the cat. 

It could have easily snapped the child in two before he got to it.  But the tiger took a deep, rasping inhalation.  It's head snapped up and bloodshot golden eyes focused on the oncoming American.  It surged off of the child at Peter. 

With a scream of fear and rage, Peter slammed the mace into the paw that was swiping at him.  Bones popped, but the claw was only slowed.  It hammered into Peter and sent him flying across the street, shirt and chest torn. 

Now limping, the cat stalked towards him, hunger in it's eyes.  A woman darted out of the street to carry the child away.  From another direction, a blazing golden disk burned out of the night to bury in the digger’s shoulder, just barely missing it's throat.  The creature howled in pain and fled, leaping atop a two story building to escape—despite the limp! 

The man then picked up the mace and moved to crouch over Peter.  Peter blinked to recognize a lot of his own features in the man, who was only slightly swarthier.  “I'm proud of you, my son,” he said.  “You weren't ready to take on a Raksha, but I couldn't get here any sooner.  I did manage to get this too you ahead.” 

“Son?” Peter gasped, head reeling and weak from bleeding.  “You mean that literately, don't you?” 

It was a strange thing to fixate on in the midst of the confusing night, but... 

“I do.”  The man placed his palm over Peter's heart.  “I am Vishnu.” 

Peter's blood caught fire. 

“And you are my son.” 

He gave a startled cry as silver flames licked out of his wounds.  For a moment, Peter's skin was blue, and then he was himself again, but so much more so than ever before. 

“And I have much to tell you.” 

Likes: Climbing a mountain with a good novel.  Cooking.  Seeing new places.  Helping people. 
Dislikes:
Hobbies: One part geek, two parts outdoors man. 
Fears and phobias: Joshua and his brother both have an all out phobia of cats.  Peter claims this hasn't rubbed off on him, but every time he sees one he can't help but feel his blood get a little chill as he wonders what they're so afraid of... 
   Laura is playfully superstitious in a lot of ways.  After his visitation, Peter will start to wonder if any of her games had some basis in truth...  It's silly to hold your breath when you drive through a graveyard, right?  But...  There really are ghosts...
ONs and OFFs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=16

Legend: 2
Legend points: 4
Willpower: 7

Experience (spent): 0
Experience (unspent): 0
Experience (total): 0

Virtues:
Endurance      2
Harmony      4
Intellect      3
Order         1

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  5 (1)
Dexterity  2
Stamina  4 (1)

Charisma  3 (1)
Manipulation  1
Appearance  3 (1)

Perception  2
Intelligence  4 (1)
Wits  3

ABILITIES

Academics  3
*Animal Ken  1
Art  0
Athletics  3
*Awareness  1
Brawl  0
*Command  1
Control  1 Automobile

Craft  1 Cook
*Empathy  3
Fortitude  3
Integrity  1
Investigation  0
Larceny  0
Marksmanship  0
Medicine  1

Melee  3
Occult  1
Politics  3
*Presence  1
Science  0
*Stealth  1
Survival  3
Thrown  4

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute: Appearance 1
Epic Attribute: Charisma 1
Epic Attribute: Intelligence 1
Epic Attribute: Stamina 1
Epic Attribute: Strength 1
  • Lasting Impression - Description
  • Benefit of the Doubt - Description
  • Legendary Learner - Description
  • Self Healing – 1 Legend/Health Level
  • Hurl to the Horizon -

PURVIEWS
Purview:  Guardian
  • Vigil Brand - (Perception+Empathy/1 Legend)
Purview:  Health
  • Asses Health - (--/--)
Purview:  Psychopomp
  • Unerring Orientation - (--/1 Legend)
Purview: Samsara
  • Kriya - (Legend/--)
Purview:  Water
  • Boon Water Breathing - (--/--)

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Lance of Bala (3): - Gaurdian
    Description
: Strong, willful, indefatigable.  This spear has a long blade and a sturdy shaft.  It has the statistics of a Naginata.  It adds Peter's legend to his dexterity + melee rolls.  It has a GM approved way of being either summoned or concealed.  It grants acess tot he Guardian purview. 
  • Chackram of Tejas (3) - Guardian
    Description
: Invoking the divine virtue of splendor, this is a chackram similar to the one wielded by his father.  It adds Peter's legend to his dexterity + throwing rolls.  It's speed is reduced by one (to 5.)  He may cause it to transform into a normal looking bracelet. 
  • Spashtata (2) -
    Description
Meaning Clarity, these gold rimmed spectacles grants the power Night Eyes.  They add Peter's legend to Perception + Awareness rolls. 
  • Blossom of Karunya (1) - Health
    Description
This corsage is always fresh and never rumpled-even when it's been in his pocket.  It sometimes seems to be a red rose, others white.  Invoking the divine power of compassion, it grants access to the preview of Health. 
  • Parchment of Jnana, The Omniscient Scroll (1) - Psychopomp
    Description
This is a small, ornate scroll tube containing a roll of parchment and a vial of ink.  It grants psychompomp affects by pouring the ink onto the parchment, which then coalesces into a map. 
  • Conch of Shakti (1) - Water
    Description
Shakti is the power of energy.  This Conch grants dominion over water. 
[/list]

Attacks:
Chackram of Tejas
   Accuracy (+0 +Legend)   8
   Damage (+2L)         7L +1
   Range (30)            90
   Speed            5

Lance of Bala
   Accuracy (+1+Legend)      8
   Damage (+4?)         9L +1
   Defense (+1 +Legend)      4
   Speed            5

Clinch; Accuracy:, Damage: B, Speed: ; Piercing
Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed
Unarmed, Light; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed

Join Battle: 4
Soak: 5B/3L
Health levels: -0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
Dodge DV: 4; Parry DV: 4
Movement: 2; Dash: 8; Climb/Swim Speed:
Vertical Jump: 9; Horizontal Jump: 18
Weight capacity: 1,300

Bonus Points: 
6   Abilities
6   Birthrights
3   +1 Harmony

Angie

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on February 18, 2016, 01:24:43 PM
Yep, I think every single character has something like that lol

Not Choko. She's all melee, because Lucy Liu can kick some ass, and I don't care what you say, Uma Thurman wouldn't stand a chance!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 18, 2016, 02:16:57 PM
Not Choko. She's all melee, because Lucy Liu can kick some ass, and I don't care what you say, Uma Thurman wouldn't stand a chance!

She was awesome in Kill Bill