You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 24, 2016, 03:20:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dreamcatcher  (Read 717 times)

Offline A Big Unknown

Re: Dreamcatcher
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2016, 03:09:07 AM »
The latest weird dream that I remember happened some time ago now.

I was in a cave, a mine with a couple of friends and some random people that I don't really know, but I've definitely know the faces. We were digging, making the tunnel longer. It was dark, the air was heavy. One time I've been working a giant machine, some sort of a mining drill, other time I was loading some debris or planting explosives to move the rocks. After some time of doing my job, everyone was called for a meeting in the other end of the tunnel. We had to elongate it, although we have found a very hard rock that left us hopeless. Nothing that we had managed to break it, the drill broke, the explosives did literally nothing. Later, we've found out that it was a continental crust, we were waiting for a shipment of high-power boom-booms. Then, I woke up, not knowing whether we have gotten through it or not.

Another one.

I was a mercenary, on a contract for some long-dead lord's descendants. I was supposed to search the ruined castle for the lord's belongings. After a haul, I've returned to a sort of quarters for the workers. The job wasn't easy, mind you, as the ruins were filled with monsters, skeletons, mutants and ghouls. I have entered our private room and seen a girl that I know by sight, I might've talked to her for a couple of times, nothing more, she is the skinniest person I've ever seen. Literally, her legs look like chopsticks. She is usually very laid-back and neutral to everything that happens around, although I tend to call her (when I'm mentioning her while talking with my close friends) 'Wednesday Addams', because her black hair, dark clothes and the fact she usually wears a baphomet necklace has somewhat made the connection between that character and her in my weird brain. Anyway, she just greets me, and I'm quite shocked, as she just randomly appears in my dreams every now and then. Is she a dream-manipulator or something? I dunno. She just tells me to stop staring at her, lay the artifacts on their resting places and either restock to go back to work or go rest. Weird, quartermaster girl that I barely know. She has always played some minor character in the dreams she was in. I personally think she is pretty, aesthetically pleasing, she just has this something in her, that might be the reason.

Online Captain MalteseTopic starter

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 06:17:14 AM »
A dream, so atypical me that it feels like I stole it.

Ahem. Definitely a first point view. And I feel like I might be 20-2 years old. I am at a entertainment place; something like a tivoli or movie theater with an animal theme. And I am there on a date too, with a very shy girl. Long black hair. She might be muslim or if middle eastern heritage? We do a ball throw game or something, and she wins a small black robot penguin. For some reason she is uneasy and says 'Zoo false; fear true'.We sit down waiting for something to start, maybe a stage show and something goes wrong: two young men arrives and they want to talk with the girl. I get an unpleasant feeling from them, especially the big guy who is the leader,  and feel unwanted. I go to the bathroom. When I come back, they are all gone and only the girl's toy remains in her seat. I start running. Neat the exit I see the same two young men, heading out. I think the sidekick is pulling the girl with him. There is only one thing to do. I walk right up to the main guy and butt his face with my head; he goes down. The other guy pulls a submachinegun but I kick him in the groin then meet his downward-going face with my knee, then throw myself at his gun while I yell "KIDNAPPERS! CALL POLICE!" and the gun is still in the sidekick's hand and keeps firing and firing until the magazine keeps empty, pouring its hail of lead into the bad guy leader. The girl is shouting at me.

And then I wake up.

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 06:40:15 AM »
I dreamed last night that I was in a house with several floors, of which the lowest was the ocean itself - kind of a house built onto the ocean floor, sticking up. There were many people there; swimming and diving in the sun and the blue water over the golden sand. There were small whales too - and dogs, swimming around. In one place a whole bunch of kids were playing some sort of game with an adult supervisor in a wet suit.

I was standing in a door opening of sorts, looking down into the water when an actual skunk came swimming up. It insisted on climbing on to me to nestle in my arms. I was not sure what to do but other people in there started keeping a respectful distance.

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 10:13:55 AM »
Last night's dream was disturbingly coherent. I found myself in a military surplus store - entirely plausible for me so far - and got involved with talking to some of the staff and the other customers. Turned out that some of the customers were involved in purchases for various small military-style units; reenactors and paintballers, the usual lot. But also another group, which I then found myself visiting. This turned out to be some sort of militia group, a militia or rebels, in a country in the middle of civil war. They seemed to be not very well organized. There were narrow rooms, people with guns running around and shouting, dressed in a mixture of civilian and military clothes, garbage and crates strewn about. I saw one of their cranky old blue and grey helicopters get shot down - and then I joined them, or decided to support them. In the dream I told them, word for word, that "you guys are bad but not anywhere near the worst." I do not recall what happened next, but after that I recall clearly going back to my own country to meet my relatives. And I had the oddest, strong feeling of not belonging there, not feeling understood. The only thing I wanted was to go back to my comrades. But when I was returning, something had fatally changed. I was stopped at the airport by police, and interrogated. They had no intention of letting me continue my travel. I think the dream ended there.

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 05:56:58 PM »
A fragment of a dream. I was in a city, boxed in from the encircling rivers by walls that seemed to be of some kind of mud. The odd part was that in the wall here and there were human skulls; their nose holes were odd though. And there was some kind of system with pebbles being put into the walls by the population at certain but different times of the year, so that always someone were adding to and maintaining the walls.

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2016, 03:09:30 PM »
Mad dreams last night - but so detailed! And all in exquisite first person view.

First, I was at some kind of school or college, but I was there under false flag - pretending to be some kind of advisor. I was walking around looking for something or someone, and was badly embarrassed to be drawn into a discussion with some students who wanted my help with something. Then there was a woman, walking around talking with people and seeming authoritative. I may have talked with her. Then a new scene which felt like far away from the school. A hotel? That woman was there, as well as a few other people. We then had an intensely awkward attempt at an orgy which felt more like a Lego session.

Then I am elsewhere again and on a boat, and this seemed like a small living room belonging to someone of quite a bit of class, someone I evidently knew as I was waiting for him. Mahogany furniture, classing paintings on the wall, everything in the room well put together in rich black and golden. And on the writing desk, a costume ball mask... When the owner arrived in the early morning, a well built man with a kind face and perhaps in the fifties wearing a suit, I felt clearly an attraction toward him like he was an old lover. The kind of type you'd expect to be an actor or upper class gentleman? But while he recognized me and greeted me, it was obvious that this was not a good time for me to be there. And shortly after a somewhat younger man arrived who was equally good looking and quite surprised to find me there as well.

Then, a huge leap to elsewhere, which felt distinctly eastern european and rural. Lonely roads. But the two guys were traveling with me, in an old black classy car. We were stopped by uniformed men who forced us out; soldiers or police. Next I know we are in a prison, but the younger companion is gone. Brutal guards... but the fellow inmates were worse. Much worse. We were in a badly lit room, hardly dressed, and one inmate did something terrible to my older companion's genitalia with a pen. Then he turned toward me and wanted to repeat the operation, but I had a nail or screw or something hidden in my right hand and was able to take him out.

This is where I woke up, and I can't say I am sorry.

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 06:00:37 AM »
WARNING: Nightmare of the really ugly kind.

I was a mid level leader or senior operative in some kind of government secret law organization. There were large dark halls the size of hangars, brightly lit cells, and people walking about busily. I was wearing a suit.

In one of these halls there was a man. He looked like a senior politician or lawyer perhaps, judging by his clothes and age. He presented a case; his little daughter was missing and he suspected the housekeeper, a blonde white woman. We brought her in and tried to question her; it was obvious that she knew something and that she was determined not to talk about it. Rough questions didn't get us anywhere. So we tied her up like a mummy and hung her up to dry for a while; total sensory deprivation.

Meanwhile we were informed that things were even worse than they looked at first; other children were missing as well and the same housekeeper might be involved - and possibly also she may have had companions. Now we were in a real hurry.

So I had the housekeeper unwrapped, and approached her with a whirring, small electrical surgical saw. I told her that she had ten fingers and that I was going to give her a total of ten chances to tell what had happened and where the kids were - and that each wrong answer would cost her a finger. That was when she lifted a little finger towards the saw and let the blade claim her nail cut by cut all the way down. And she turned toward me, smiling, and said that she was willing to sacrifice herself for her cause. I put the saw away and thought of other ways to approach the problem.

And then I was IN her head. In her mind, her memories, poking about in her spotless white kitchen. And there was the little girl, playing inside a cupboard. There were other children playing too, and a couple of adults - but those were locked inside rooms, screaming and trying to get out. And then there was the housekeeper herself as well, she was chasing me with a big knife. Now there was a fire going on too. I grabbed the little girl and one of the other children and headed for what appeared to be the exit door.

And then I woke up.

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 06:39:18 AM »
I have not been remembering much of my dreams lately. But last night they returned in force.

First dream, which is by now a blur of a blur. I was first day in a factory, rooms and machinery, and the people were acting very awkwardly. And so was I; I had not been given any actual tasks and just wandered around. There was a meeting. The boss was short, balding and wearing round glasses and a smirk. He was explaining how even more people would have to have their tasks removed because there weren't any. Then there was more walking around in the rooms, and I think there was talk of killing somebody to stop something.

The second dream, which I remember best. I was in a corridor at some kind of school - and it felt strongly like a Japanese school. I was minding my own business when a ghost shows up. Not a particularly ancient on, just a slender guy in maybe his 50s and a sword fighting master. I know that because that is how he presented himself to me. His hair was in a round, maybe frizzled style, and his body was sort of there and not there. In the end of the corridor was a bunch of furniture and other items; couches, shelves, clocks, and a maybe five feet long thin bag. The ghost explained that it was for two things; the training sword and the stick which was holding the big round sparring clock (is there even such a thing?). I started to look around for those things when a young Asian girl in school uniform came by, she seemed busy busy and was carrying a couple of small swords or long knives herself. She helped me look and located the round clock which was missing, and at that two MORE girls came by - those were hostile, but they went off. There were two leather holsters with zippers for her blades. The ghost was trying to tell me something about swords and the first girl was butting in. Then a teacher came by, laughing - she was carrying a calculator, a revolver and a small knife and explained that for once the students had followed every word she had said. I got hold of a long knife, its blade maybe three times hers, and she let go of her weapons when she realized she could not get to hers.

And then I woke up.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 06:40:20 AM by Captain Maltese »

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 05:53:58 AM »
From last night's dreams: It is raining. We are muddy, weary soldiers standing in a field without too much order. We are not young, not vibrant, not ready for battle. But not strangers to each other either. Our uniforms are simple and crude, and we wear some kind of hats rather than helmets. We are waiting to be issued weapons.

The officers are quiet, anxious and reasonable. The sergeant I see is not; he is a big guy yet tries to dominate the group with a loud voice. I speak with one of the officers; he has a large mustache. He is pleasant company.

We get our weapons. Some get guns; they are old, worn and of different types. Some seem to not even be working. Others get just bayonets or stabbing weapons. I end up with a long bayonet mounted on some kind of pole. We go into some kind of inn or barrack and drink alcohol from bottles. There is a trade going on as the more eager soldiers try to get the better weapons. The sergeant simply confiscates several of the best guns and goes away with them; he sells them to the officers afterwards.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:50:31 PM by Captain Maltese »

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 07:21:15 AM »
A funny one for a change. I dreamed that I was walking when I discovered a new way to walk - by simply putting my feet in a particular position and leaning forward exactly the right amount, I could slide forward without moving my feet further. On any kind of surface, and uphill.... As others on the road saw me doing it, they started doing the same thing.

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 07:56:37 AM »
A story this time.

I dreamed that I owned a luxury car; some kind of vintage red open sports car of some curvy model. It was so nice that when the king visited my local area, his people loaned it from me so he could be in some parade with it. Which was special enough, but then I saw him get off it at the far end of the parade and military people drove it away. Fair enough. So I went to the nearby garrison to get it back. But they did not seem to know where it was. I hung around for a while though; everyone were were nice and we talked about military stuff but they seemed a bit uncomfortable for some reason. And I really, really wanted my car back. I eventually went down to their garage and started to sniff around, followed by one soldier. Obviously there was mostly military stuff down there but not everything. I eventually found something big and red that was taken almost completely apart, that might or might not have been a car like mine. As I found the engine number and a company address from a tag and started to write it down, the soldier beside me murmured that it wasn't necessary - my car would be back in a day or two. It turned out that a couple of soldiers had taken my car for a little holiday joyride!

And then I woke up.