She's still a work in progress.== Character Bio ==== Personal Information ==Legal Name:
James Buchanan BarnesAlias:
Winter Soldier, BuckyAge:
Wildcard Tactician== Physical Description / Clothing ==
James Buchanan Barnes comes in at 5'11 with the build of an Olympic Athelete, all compact sinewy muscle. With his piercing greenish blue eyes, stylish brown hair, strong, dimpled, jaw Bucky barnes was the perfect poster boy for the young american soldier, standing shoulder to shoulder with the greet captain america ready to do his part in the war against nazi germany. Sadly those days are very much behind him, his now shoulder length bornw hair hangs loosely around his face and the warmth mirth that once danced in his eyes is gone, replaced instead by a cold intimidating glare. Civilian Wear:
In Bucky's line of work there typically isn't much oppertunity for casual Fridays, usually the only time Bucky is in civilian wear is because he is under cover, or hiding his identity. With this in mind when he does dress casual he almost always makes sure to wear long sleeved jackets or shirts alongside gloves to hide his metalic arm, even when using the holographic image inducer. Tactical Attire:
For missions the Winter Soldier's "costume" was designed by S.H.I.E.L.D at the behest of Nick Fury, the outfit covering all his body apart from his left arm. His face is hidden by a muzzle mask along with specially modified set of goggles. The entire suits is impact resistant, bullet resistant and with security jamming systems built in which continuously let out a pulse which james and loops all recording devices for a few seconds.== Personality ==
Bucky's life has been quite the roller coaster and his personality has followed suit over the years but the one singular, defining characteristic of James Buchanan Barnes is his relationship with Steve Rogers, Captain America. Bucky always looked up to Steve, even when they where children, and he has always sought to make Steve proud, trying to be like him. Unfortunately he also bears a deep sense of shame due to his actions and atrocities he committed during his time as the winter soldier. Bucky believes that although he can fight on the side of the angels he will never ever be able to be one of them. So he fights evil on his terms.
In the field Bucky is cold and calculating, his training as the winter soldier means instinctively he begins to tactically assess the the situation where ever he may be, looking for distractions, exits and how to take out those around him. He is fairly independent, with most of his operations sense becoming the winter soldier are solo but that is more a personal preference just because most folks in the superhero community remind him of what he once was or else how far he has fallen.
Bucky has begun to reclaim some of his old self, he has start making jokes again although his humour tends to be quite sarcastic. == Key Skills ==Powers:
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: Bucky Barnes physiology has been enhanced to peak, if not superhuman, levels thanks to experimentation performed on him by the scientist Arnim Zola but also of further experimentation at the hand of the soviets and others groups.
- Bionic Arm:
- Superhuman Strength: Has some degree of superhuman strength in his bionic arm.
- Enhanced Reaction Time: His arm's reaction time is greater than that of any Olympic athlete who has and will ever compete.
- Stabilization Sensors: Bucky can detect the balance of objects (namely Captain America's shield) and throw items with pinpoint accuracy. He was able to throw Captain America's shield with perfect accuracy and cause it to return when he used his bionic arm.
- Sensory Array: The arm houses different sensors which allow him to pass through security such as metal detectors without setting them off. It can also shield other metallic objects from detection such as firearms and knives.
- Extended Reach: He can apparently either control his bionic arm even if it has been removed from his body (possibly by cybernetic implants), or his arm can be programmed to perform certain actions on its own while removed from his body.
- Electrical Discharge: He can discharge bolts of electrical energy from his arm's palm.
- EMP: He can discharge an EMP rendering electronic devices useless.
- Holographic Disguise: The arm can create holograms to appear, look and feel like a normal human arm.
Weaknesses:== Character Background ==
- Master Martial Artist: Barnes is a dangerously skilled martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant. He received training from World War Two hand-to-hand combat luminaries William Essart Fairbairn and Colonel Rex Applegate as well as Captain America (Steve Rogers) in multiple martial arts, and acrobatics during WWII and was trained in more of them while being molded into an assassin by the Soviet Union. He has single-handedly beaten Crossbones, a squad of SHIELD agents, Wolverine and the Black Widow, defeated a regiment of Hydra agents alongside the Young Avengers.
- Expert Marksman: He is an extremely accurate marksman. Skilled in sharpshooting and knife throwing.
- Skilled Acrobat: He is an Olympic level athlete and acrobat capable of many difficult acrobatic feats.
- Advanced Scout: Barnes is a very gifted scout and adept at stealth and concealment.
- Multilingual: He is fluent in English, Russian, German, Japanese, and a little French. He might be able to speak other languages.
- Expert Spy: He is an expert in the field of espionage thanks largely to World War Two hand-to-hand combat luminaries William Essart Fairbairn and Colonel Rex Applegate, his former partner, Steve Rogers, the United States military, British SAS regiment, and the Russian Government. He is skilled in stealth, demolitions, survival, deducing other persons ways of thinking and other fields.
- Expert Assassin: Barnes is an adept of his generation as Matthew Murdock and Elektra Natchios is of theirs, possibly the most lethal assassin in the Marvel Universe rivaling others such as Bullseye or Elektra. During an operation on the Russian Front with the Invaders, Barnes has from concealment thrown a 60 centimeters-long knife to penetrate the winter uniform outer garment of a German soldier with such accuracy as to pierce his heart in high arctic winds several meters. Barnes has mastered and implemented several methods to silently eliminate sentries with bladed weapons, garrotes or his bare hands. He is a master at stealth and tracking and is very intelligent. He was able to render Wolverine's superhumanly acute senses such as smell completely useless by luring him to an abandoned warehouse that was completely soaked on the inside with oil and even soaking himself to make it so that Wolverine could not detect him. Barnes has made a habit out of constantly studying his surroundings and depicting what he can and cannot do in whatever situation he should fall in much like his former partner, Captain America before his death. During Barnes' visit to the Captain America exhibit that had been made to honor him after his death, he was constantly detecting potential ways to sneak in and out of the museum and the room without being detected and only taking out a small number of security to do so.
James Buchanan Barnes was born on March 10, 1917, as the oldest child of four, growing up to become an excellent athlete who also excelled in the classroom. His Father was a military man, having served during the first World War, and he taught his son the importance of standing up for yourself and others, especially when it came to bullies. This lesson shaped his life and is the reason he met his greatest friend and the most important person in his life. When he was thirteen, James Buchanan Barnes noticed a weak, scrawny-looking boy around his age getting beaten up by some bullies and stepped in to save the kid. After despatching the bullies the kid introduced himself as Steve Rogers. The two became inseparable with Bucky quickly becoming Steve's bodyguard, whereas Steve, Steve was Bucky moral compass and role model. He was the little guy, but he had such a big heart. Doing the right thing was usually a lot harder for Steve but he never let that stop him, never backed down. They where together when they got the news that America had joined the Second World War and it was Steve that said they should enlist together. Bucky was hesitant at first, not because he didn't want his part but he didn't want to drag Steve into a war-zone, but he was insist, so Bucky agreed and the two went to the enlistment office. Bucky was assigned to the 107th Infantry.
Bucky went through basic training, receiving the top marks, but all the training in the world couldn't have prepared him for what he was subjected to in Europe, it was true what they said, war was hell. But Bucky soldiered on, he did his part serving alongside his fellow soldiers. That was until he was captured by a special sciences division within the Nazi regime. They questioned him and submitted him to torture and when they had learned all the could from him they handed him to Doctor Arnim Zola who began to experiment on Bucky, subjecting his body to all manner of treatments as Zola attempted to recreate the super soldier serum that had created Captain America. Bucky thought he was going to die on the experiment table. That was until Steve Rogers burst through the door to save him, he may have been wearing some goofy outfit, or ripped, or a helluva' lot taller but Bucky knew it was Steve. With the help of the Invaders, they managed to escape the facility, destroying it in the process. Upon returning to base camp the doctors checked Bucky over and declared him fit for duty and with no sign of any ill health from his time as a prisoner, of course he was given a brief leave of absence to recover psychologically from treatment at the hands of the Nazi's. It was during this time that Captain America approached Bucky, offering him the opportunity to serve alongside him in the Invaders. Bucky was hesitant to say yes, I mean after all of these guys Captain America could be said to be the weakest of the group and the man was a Super Soldier. But in the end Bucky signed up because not only did he want to do his part for the war and to get payback for his time as a prisoner but mainly he wanted to look after Steve, because it didn't matter that he was some hulking super-human, he was still Steve Rogers and it was Bucky's job to look after him.
And so Bucky joined the invaders, serving as the teams scout and sniper, making up for his lack of powers with skill and stealth, adopting a style of fighting were he covertly taking out strategic targets on the battlefield. They were tactical hits designed to do the most harm with the least effort and using his enemies strengths against them. Bucky enjoyed his time with the Invaders and Steve, he got to travel all over the world and help with the war. But his time was cut short during one particular mission involving just him and Steve attempting to hijack a Nazi supply train carrying experimental weaponry through a mountain range. They managed to complete the mission but not with out a cost, during the fighting a hole was blown up in the side of the train and Bucky fell out and into icy river below. Rogers thought Bucky was dead and mourned him but due to his enhanced physiology produced by Arnim Zola's experiments, Barnes was just able to survive the fall from the train, although he lost his left arm. His near lifeless body was found by a Soviet Soldier and he was taken back to Russia and when they could get the source of his enhanced physiology from his body they placed him in cryostasis until they decided what to do with him. In 1954, he was revived and outfitted with a replacement bionic arm which had been made after a Soviet spy had recovered schematics for cybernetic appendage. The arm was to be replaced by a newer and more advanced one every time there was an improvement in their technology. While he had no memory of his past, Barnes still had considerable physical skill. He was indoctrinated to hate the West and was provided with mental implants during sensory deprivation, moulding him into the perfect assassin. Now dubbed the Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes was regularly unfrozen throughout the cold war and used as both a soviet spy, assassin and instructor for their Red Room Academy. Control of the Winter Soldier passed through many hands over the years, some loyal to Soviet Russia, some for personal reasons, and others who had simply managed to infiltrate the regime. But his time as the Winter Soldier finally came to an end when one mission set him up against his best friend, Captain America. Each time they met, more and more of Bucky's old life was unlocked until finally the walls put up by soviet scientists came crashing down and Bucky remembered who he was...and he hated himself. Hated what he had become, he immediately ran away, not able to bear the shame he felt in the presence of Captain America.
Steve tried to track down Bucky but he was like a ghost, but Steve wasn't the only one looking. Nick Fury was after the Winter Soldier too, he had a role for him, a chance to redeem himself. He had Bucky work for him as a secret operative, someone to do the missions that the avengers and SHIELD couldn't be seen getting involved with. Fury told him it was his shot at redemption, a chance to use the skill he had been taught for side of the angels. He served Fury faithfully undertaking the various missions all over the world, that was until he got the news, Steve Rogers was dead. The news hit Bucky hard, he had maybe seen Steve a few brief times since his memories returned, he immediately regretted all the running he had done, how he had avoided Steve. He didn't go to the funeral, didn't feel worthy, didn't think he'd be able to show his face either. Instead he sat in some run down dive bar and watched it the cheap little television, attempting to get drunk and failing miserably. He watched Sam get up on the screen and deliver his eulogy, he had to give it to the guy he could speak. This was the kind of guy who could carry on Steve's legacy, a hero Steve had helped create and grow and who still had...purity. It was getting to much for Bucky he needed a distraction and was thankfully given one by some big biker who started "speaking ill of the dead", Bucky saw red and broke the man's jaw. The next thing he knows he standing surrounded by unconscious bodies and Nick Fury is walking through the door. He tells Barnes that he's got another job for him, something he's got in the pipeline that, something to make up for the loss of the Avengers. He told him how he wasn't just looking for a member, but for a man on the inside, one who could keep an eye on the rest of the team for him and should they slip up, take them out. Looking around at the destruction he had caused Bucky couldn't help but think of ashamed Steve would have been of him, and how he had lost his one link to the man he once was. He accepted.== Character Extras ==
Bucky carries modified hand-guns capable of penetrating even fabric of the thickness and composition of AIM uniforms and of knocking out the Greek god Ares when fired at point blank range.== Face Claim: ==
Sebastian StanTheme Song: Goodman - Devour the Day