You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 23, 2016, 03:09:35 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Riding the Rails (F seeking M writing partner)  (Read 253 times)

Offline MistressofPenTopic starter

Riding the Rails (F seeking M writing partner)
« on: January 28, 2016, 11:20:02 PM »
Your character is heading east on the train; traveling from Reno to Chicago, a two day trip. You are sleeping peacefully in your berth when the door opens and a figure slips in.  In the dimly lit cabin, you can see that they are smallish and female.  She moves towards you and slips into your bed.  What do you do?

Whatever happens (you yell at her to get out, you accept the company and worry that she’ll slit your throat in the night but don’t move to get rid of her, you touch her and things turn warm to hot…), before dawn she will be gone.

You won’t have seen her very well, just will know she’s short and slim.  You watch the others on the train, looking for her. 

What will happen on the final night?

UPDATE:  In discussing plots for this, I've realized that I gave only one idea of many that have come to life in my head.  So, here are some of the crazy things I've considered for this duo:

My character could be a stowaway traveling East for a funeral or some other dire situation that demands you attend, needing a place to hide during the night, and picking someone she finds attractive.  Or, she could be a thief, but finds your character intriguing in some way and when she needs to hide, slips into your room.  And, then there's the fantasy idea of her being a vampire or perhaps a hunted witch.

This could be a very short RP, or we could hash out a plot to make it longer, you know, if we’re having fun.  If you have an interest PM me and let’s talk plot…or not…  Could just be a dream…because twists like that make me laugh.  I'm obviously not set on any one thing.  If shifting roles is more to your liking, then that can be discussed.  He could be the one coming into the room (needing someplace to hide, selecting the wrong door in error, etc.)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:37:14 PM by MistressofPen »

Offline Jester

Re: Riding the Rails (F seeking M writing partner)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 03:49:23 AM »

i love the idea. although when i first read it yesterday i had imagined her as a  magical being. maybe there is magic user on board who has lost control of a little fairy or something like that?