DUNGEON CRAWL MAFIA
It began as a completely routine exploration of an old abandoned mine...
PARTY LINE UP
Alive and Well
Yugi, Adventurer (Elf Druid, True Neutral, Nature Worshiper) was Killed Night One!
Seranova, Adventurer (Human Hireling, Lawful Good, Divine Gods Worshipper) was ripped apart by Zombies Day Three!
Derwaysh, Third Party (Lone Goblin, Chaotic Neutral, Nature Worshipper) Ran off with the Big Shiny on Day Three!
Strangefate, Infiltrator (Half-Elf Rogue, Chaotic Evil, Devil Worshiper) was kicked out of the party on Day Three!
Blythe, Adventurer (Half-Elf Mage, Neutral Good, Divine Gods Worshipper) was killed Night Three!
James Moriarty, Infiltrator (Human Mage, Lawful Evil, Devil Worshiper) was kicked out of the party on Day Four!
Verasaille, Adventurer (Tiefling Warlock, Chaotic Good, Devil Worshiper) died of plague on Day Four!
King Serperior, Adventurer (Dwarf Fighter, Lawful Good, Divine Gods Worshiper) was killed protecting another on Night Four!
Madame Professor, Infiltrator (Half-Orc Monk, Neutral Evil, Devil Worshiper) was eliminated on Day Five!
On Day One, the party eliminated Nobody, and decided to keep exploring!
During the Night, Yugi was killed and Derwaysh's hair was made to stand up!
While Exploring the Dungeon, the party found a Ring of Friendship!
On Day Two, the party eliminated Nobody and decided to keep exploring! Nobody was given the Ring!
During the Night, nobody died, and Verasaille was turned purple!
While Exploring the Dungeon on Day Three, Seranova was killed, Derwaysh ran off with the treasure, and the party found Boots of Elvenkind!
After much deliberation, the party kicked out Strangefate on Day Three. He was revealed as an Infiltrator Assassin!
During the Third Night, Blythe was killed, and Mintprincess and Verasaille took very ill!
The party kicked out James Moriarty on Day Four. He was revealed as an Infiltrator Wizard!
Verasaille died of plague on Day Four. Mintprincess recovered.
King Serperior was killed in the night during Night Four, he died while protecting someone else!
Persephone acquired stoneskin during Night Four!
Madame Professor was kicked out on Day Five. The party won the game!
Welcome to Dungeon Crawl Mafia, a Mafia game about a group of adventurers exploring an old mine, who quickly discover some of their group are evil and out to get them! This is a game of deception, trickery, betrayal, throwing each other out, killing each other in the night, and conquering a dungeon! It is meant to be fun, take it as seriously or light-hearted as you wish, but try to win! The Basics of Mafia
There are at least two sides in a game of Mafia. The "Town" or in this case the Adventuring Party, and the "Scum" or "Mafia", in this case the infiltrators.
During the "Day" Phase of the game, the group bickers, argues, accuses each other and votes on who to throw out. The goal of the adventuring party is the throw out all the threats to the party. A simple majority is required to decide who to throw out. Once that majority is reached, the day phase ends and the night phase begins. Day Phases will also have deadlines between 3-4 real life days for each in game day. If the deadline is reached without anyone being agreed to as the candidate to be kicked out, nobody gets kicked out and the night begins.
During the "Night" Phase of the game, the infiltrators try to kill somebody. The goal of the infiltrators is to gain control of the vote. Once there are an equal number of infiltrators and adventurers left in the game, the infiltrators win because at that point the adventuring party can't throw them out anymore.
If there are any persons present who are neither members of the adventuring party, nor the evil adventurers who have infiltrated it, they will have their own unique win condition. They may or may not count as threats that the good guys have to eliminate to win, they may or may not count as people that the evil guys have to eliminate to control the vote. Each third party role, if any exist, is unique. Your Role
You will receive a PM from me before the game begins. It will tell you your character's Race (Chosen from Dungeons and Dragons races), Class (same), Alignment (from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil), and what sort of beings they worship (Gods, Devils, or Nature). If you have any abilities they will also be explained. Rules
- There is no communication about this game whatsoever by anyone playing it outside of this thread. No OOC thread, no PMs, nothing, unless your role PM says you can.
- The PM you receive from me before the game begins will tell you your role and your win condition. If your win condition (i.e. what team you are on) should ever change, you will know it. You will never need to guess whose side you are on in this game.
- Once enough votes have been made during the day phase to eliminate someone, that person is removed from the game and can no longer post in this thread. They continue to be barred from discussing the game anywhere else.
- Once enough votes have been made during the day phase to eliminate someone, that day is over, and nobody may post in the thread until the next day begins. Stop posting and wait for me to resolve the vote. The only exception is you may post a short message informing the rest that the majority has been reached and someone has been eliminated to let everyone know to stop posting!
- Any time a player is eliminated, that player's role will be revealed.
- The bad guys and any third parties that exist have been given fake roles to claim. These fake roles will also be revealed when they flip.
- All questions about the rules must be PM'd to me. If it is a question about how the game in general works, I will answer it publicly without revealing who asked. If it is a question about your unique role, I will answer it privately.
- You may NOT under any circumstances quote any PMs that I send you in this thread. You especially may not quote the role PM that I send you.
- You must actively participate in this game! Players who are not active enough will be officially poked, by me announcing in this thread that they are being poked and have 24 hours to become active or be mod-killed. Players who do not start participating after that will be mod-killed, eliminating them from the game.
- You may not pretend to take any actions that you do not have the power to take (i.e. post that you are killing someone during the day if you do not have this ability).
- When someone uses a day action, the game must pause until I can resolve the action. The deadline to vote will be extended accordingly.
To Vote, copy and paste this code, replacing the ((TARGET)) with who you want to vote for:
[b][u]This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((TARGET))[/u][/b]
Unless something happens to change this, you may vote any number of times during the day, but only the most recent vote you posted counts. You do not have to "unvote" simply casting a new vote will change who you are voting for.
If you wish to remove your vote and vote for nobody at all, use this.
[b][u]I am REMOVING MY VOTE.[/u][/b]
I will attempt to keep the thread updated with current vote count as best as I am able, but please do not rely on this. :) Feel free to post your own votecounts if you like!Exploring the Dungeon!
In addition to choosing who to vote for during the day, the party must decide whether to continue exploring the dungeon or not. For the majority of players the more of the dungeon you explore the more of a "power role" you will become, gaining levels and with it the ability to take night actions or day actions that will perhaps swing things in your favor. Not all roles work this way however. The game can be won by never advancing in the dungeon at all. It can be won by advancing every turn. This is entirely up to you all to decide.
To vote to explore the dungeon, copy and paste this.
[b][u]I am VOTING to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON![/u][/b]
If you change your mind copy paste this ->
[b][u]I am REMOVING MY VOTE to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON![/u][/b]
If you don't want to explore the dungeon, simply don't post anything. If a simple majority agrees to it, the party will explore the dungeon.
If your role changes, it will change with the start of the new day.
If the Party votes to explore the dungeon on day one, night one will proceed with the roles the party already knew they had. At the start of day two, anyone who's abilities change will be notified by PM before the day begins. Day Actions!
You may have the ability to perform a day action. This is a particular power you can use during the day to do something! If you have this power, a code to copy paste like the code to vote will be in a PM you get from me. When someone uses a day action, everyone must stop posting until I can resolve the day action. The deadline to vote will be extended accordingly!Roleplay Wins!
Each player in addition to winning with the good guys or bad guys, has a roleplay victory that is unique to them. These all require the player's team to win to take effect, so everybody should be focused on their team winning first. These are just to ad a little bit of fun to the mix. Some of these are hard, some are easy, some are almost automatic. Some require effort, some require a certain style of posting, some are done in complete secret.