You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 08:32:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Revamped! Lingo's Pairings and Ideas (Seeking M for plot-driven stories)  (Read 864 times)

Offline LingoTopic starter

Lingo's Pairings and Ideas

If any of the stories below interest you, or you'd like to seek me out for an idea, please don't reply here and instead send a pm!

Hello there, and thank you for looking at my search thread! I have a few vague ideas for stories that I was hoping would inspire a fellow writer to brainstorm. As the title suggests, I am looking for stories that are heavily plot-driven, not focused primarily on smut. Of course, these stories have opportunity for such situations to occur, but I ask that they are put into the story in a way that makes sense to the plot and characters' desire and motives. Essentially, I prefer a balance of 70% plot and 30% smut. While the descriptions you see here are vague, I will gladly further explain any ideas I have for the plot, and greatly welcome your own twists on these stories, or even a reversal of roles. Before I list my ideas, I'd note a few important points,

1. Your RL gender is irrelevant here; I welcome all writers!  ;D
2. I prefer descriptive writing and character exploration. By all means, make YC as rich as you'd like. Pictures are preferable, but not mandatory; I can do either real images or drawings/anime, though I tend to prefer realistic images. 
3. Continuing above, I myself enjoy writing descriptively and multiple paragraphs. I do not like imposing word limits on myself or my partners- naturally, some scenes (introductions, etc) inspire me to write pages, others (like exchanging dialogue) only require a few paragraphs. All I ask is that you give depth to your posts, and I will try my best to give you something equally engaging.
4. In regards to fandoms: I have a few fandoms that I would love to explore, be it with original characters or in a AU. However, one thing that will certainly turn me off will be adhering too closely to the original plot and essentially mimicking a story that has been already done. Again, I am all for exploring fandom universes, but let's add our own twist to things, okay? 

Now, onto zee plots, yes? 

Vague Pairings
Note: below pairings will be listed as MC/YC

Angel/Demon
Demon/Angel
Victim/Stalker
Patient/Doctor
Patient/Psychotherapist
Ward/Guardian (**this would not be an incestuous relationship, biologically speaking)
Human/Vampire
Human/Sorcerer
Ghost/Human
Human/Ghost
Rivals forced to cooperate

Fantasy

For Blood
Dealing with vampires, and very loosely based off of Buffy. Modern, or potentially futuristic setting, dealing with human familiars and blood match. MC is a young woman (between 17-19) who lost her family to a vampire. Recruited by the city's underground guild of Slayers, she trained to become one of the strongest, lethal threats to the undead population in the city. Living on her own, struggling to make it and keep up the facade of a normal life by day, she leads a difficult, duty-bound life, with nightmarish visions of her past fueling her forward. YC is one of the elite vampires, residing abroad, who hears about the human advances on the city, and in particular the threat MC poses to the vampires living there. He is sent to dispose of her. However, when he meets MC, he immediately recognizes the scent of her blood, although he has never truly smelled it before; this is his chosen human familiar. I'd like to play out the many angles this story could take from here.

Teach Me, Possess Me
Involving rivalry between vampires and werewolves, a pupil and mentor relationship. In this society humans and the undead intermingle, but the undead have taken a position of power while the humans may hold positions of power (politics, etc) but are certainly the lower class and must abide by the will of the vampires or werewolves. These two undead races have strained relations and are almost constantly in conflict. MC is the young daughter of a human politician, who steps on the toes of one of these powerful creatures- again, this can be a vampire of werewolf, the opposite of whichever race you would like YC to be. One night, while she is out, her family is slaughtered in her home. Devastated, alone, and seeking vengeance, she finds YC. Hearing of his prowess and ability in combat, she wants him to train her to avenge her family. The terms they agree to, and the nature of their relationship is up for discussion.   

Bargained Heart
A medieval roleplay involving vampirism. A mighty king is blessed with the birth of a lovable, beautiful daughter. Unfortunately, she is also extremely delicate and physically frail. The child is diagnosed with a mysterious illness affecting her heart at a young age. Doctors feel helpless and declare she will die. Desperate to keep his daughter alive, the king becomes frantic and strikes a disastrous deal with a powerful vampire king. Though she is still a child, he finds the king's mortal daughter lovely. The vampire will replace the princess's faulty heart for his own, and on her 18th birthday she will be sent off with the vampire to be his bride. Only a few years later, the king dies and her older brother takes the throne. There is no one left to remember their bargain. Life is going perfect for the happy, healthy princess until her 18th birthday, when a dark, evil man approaches her and demands her hand. More of a controlling relationship, possibly non-con or reluctant, could mature into love. Maybe the king is completely possessive of his fragile human, and keeps her in a sort of "gilded cage." I'd like to explore some elements of pregnancy, with the King seeking a half breed heir.

Not Alone
Vague idea: MC is a young woman whose family has just relocated to the countryside, taking up residency in a old, lovely manor. Both parents leave her there unattended for a period of time, and during their absence and treacherous storm brews and completely cuts out electricity and any possibility for travel. Alone in the mansion, frightened, MC keeps seeing retreating shadows, hearing foot steps, whispers in the corridors. Ultimately, she comes to a horrifying realization; she is not alone, and an ancient entity is there, and it is delighted to have her all to themselves. This entity, YC, could be anything (haunting that manifests to life, vampire, demon, etc).

Refuge with a Demon
Vague idea: MC is a righteous, naive angel descended from the heavens to assist in a war of humans versus the demons on Earth. She is seriously wounded after one fight and staggers into the woods, passing out from her injuries and most likely doomed to die there. YC is one of these demons who lives in the mortal realm and, for whatever reason, chooses to take the angel in and heal her wounds. Again, a very vague idea, and the nature of this relationship can be discussed.

The Figments of My Imagination.
Modern, isolated setting. Based closely in nature. YC is a esteemed fictional writer, staying at a holiday home or small lodge far away from the city. MC, a woman who is an eerily similar in appearance to the woman he has just killed off in his novels, admits to being lost in the relative wilderness and wishes to stay at his home or in the lodge until she can locate the group she was traveling with. This story will resemble a ghost story and focus on the abstract.

Medieval

An Uncertain Alliance
Medieval, a kingdom under siege by war. MC is an intelligent, capable Princess who is aware of the rising danger surrounding her kingdom, and the declining health of her father. Although she alone is competent enough to rule, many in the kingdom and the old King himself believe she must have a King by her side in order to be a respected ruler. YC is an older (roughly 30s), seasoned General of the land who has argued with MC before for her many attempts to go out into the battlefield and her interference in the business of battle. As the King's time comes to an end, he demands his daughter wed the General, and an incongruous marriage begins. This story would deal with the nature of their relationship, political intrigue and court drama, as well as the action and conflict abroad.

My Dear Old Friend 
Two rival kingdoms at war. MC is the princess of one land, YC the prince of the other. Once peaceful relations between two kingdoms erupts into a bloody, merciless war. The innocent childhood rivalry between MC and YC is now a relationship of resentment and borderline hatred. When YC manages to abduct MC, this animosity takes a dark turn. YC will act as an interrogator and tormentor for MC; more detail of what this will be can be discussed. I'd like to also play out the potential resolution, if a relationship blossoms between the two or after experiencing such captivity and hardship under YC a peace treaty is signed and MC is forced into marriage with YC. 

Realistic/Futuristic

The Good Doctorís Aid.
Modern setting. Yandere inspired. Dealing with several flashbacks and multiples NPCs. MC is a young, decidedly average college student returning home from school one day when she is attacked by an unknown assailant. Critically wounded, she is unfortunately unable to find any help and passes out from her injuries. YC, most likely a well-known surgeon or other respected figure, finds her and heals her wounds at his own private home. He was, after all, the one who inflicted MC's wounds in the first place. A game of cat and mouse, YC is psychotic, unstable, but nevertheless obsessed with MC. After healing her, he intends to keep her prisoner to fulfill his fantasies and romance, while eradicating the others in her life. Ultimately, MC may escape, die trying, or be broken and accept her new role in life.

In My Skin.
Inspiration/Face-claim: Zombie Boy, Rick Genest
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Modern setting- although a place with vast segregation of the haves and have nots and conservative values, similar to a current victorian era? MC is a conservative, sheltered girl who has recently moved out from under her wealthy parentsí scrutiny. YC (Zombie Boy) is from the other sideof town with an appearance that would make her parents faint. Occasionally, he covers these tattoos to better blend in with society, for whatever reason. On one of these occasions, the two meet, and a mutual attraction develops. For the first time, YC is ashamed of his ink and worried of what MC would think, or if a relationship with her would be possible. His fear of showing his uncovered skin to her, the blossoming (or floundering) of their relationship, are all aspects Iíd like to explore.

A Loyal Customer.
Inspired by American Psycho
Modern setting. MC is a college student working at the local cafť to pay for her education. YC is the charming, handsome man who often comes in on his lunch break. Attracted by his success and looks, MC develops a small crush on her acquaintance and chats with him whenever ready. But something sinister lies under the perfect faÁade YC projects. For this story, Iím thinking along the lines of him being a serial killer, or perhaps her stalker? Strong themes of horror in this story. 

Artificial Intellgence. A Cyborg Romance 
Futuristic, sci-fi setting. A driven researcher is given a grant to craft a cyborg so lifelike in both manners and appearance, it rocks manís idea of humanity. YC is his son, failed in his fatherís expectations of excellence, has tried to carve his own way in life, away from his fatherís shadow. MC will be the finished product, the hideous electronic monster, who YC views as a cheap mockery of the human experience. MC takes a liking to YC and persists in communicating with him. Whether YC destroys MCís purposes for existing, or she makes him questions his own ideas, will be later explored.

Fandoms:
Silent Hill
Legend of Zelda
Resident Evil
Dead or Alive
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Spartacus
Final Fantasy
One Piece
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:39:47 PM by Lingo »

Updated!

Updated this thread with a lot of different ideas, vague pairings, and preferred fandoms! Currently searching for new stories :)

currently still open for stories! Feel free to pitch your own ideas in private messages as wel :-)