Pathfinder with Path of War

Started by eternaldarkness, January 15, 2016, 10:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

**DO NOT POST HERE IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN RUNNING/PLAYING WHAT I PROPOSE BELOW.**

So, I did get one GM interested in running a module with Path of War allowed as an option, but that one, while it should be fun, is a bit too low-power to get the epic heroism feel I wanted. Hence this thread, wherein the search continues.

For this, allowing Path of War is mandatory, full-stop. Higher than 1st level -preferrably at least 5th - is preferred, and rolled ability scores or less than 20 Point Buy is unacceptable, and either solo or group is fine. Playing on Roll20 or some other online medium is also an option, but forum play is fine too. I want EPIC, over-the-top high fantasy, not grindy zeroes to heroes low fantasy, or gritty horror, or an all-social or political game.

As for my roleplay preferences, I like an even mix of all the 'pillars' of gaming: Action, exploration, and character interaction are all important, with a slight preference toward action over the other two (and who says you can't combine any or all of them at once?). I wouldn't mind some amount of appropriate smut either, and would actually prefer a GM who isn't shy about writing it when the time comes, subject to both of our preferences. My only real OFF is anything involving fecal matter, but aside from that any kink imaginable is okay, and I am an absolute sucker for love stories and turbulent romances. I do not care what my partners real-life gender or sexual orientation is, as I am highly pansexual and attracted to people with all sorts of body parts, but the caveat is that even male characters should be a bit more feminine in appearance and behavior.

My list of kinks is extensive enough that my O/O's hardly even begin to encompass them all, but my favorites are incest, bestiality, transformation/body alteration, and pregnancy.

I prefer darker fantasy settings with higher power levels and opportunities for epic heroism, so keep that in mind.

It has come to my attention that many people don't fully comprehend what epic, over-the-top high-fantasy means. I will elaborate on my expectations below:

Campaign Type   Points
Low Fantasy   10
Standard Fantasy   15
High Fantasy   20
Epic Fantasy   25

^Straight from the PFSRD. I'm after characters that are 'powerful' relative to the world. I'm after young Beowulf, Hercules, Achilles, Gourry and Lina, Batman at the beginning of his career, Hawkeye, guys who do amazing things because they are amazing people in a world full of less-amazing people. Characters with the blood of gods, mere mortals with Charles Atlas Superpowers who laugh at danger and do what no mere mortal should be able to do, but they do it anyway.

I'm not concerned bout being awesome relative to the other PC's, because i'm not playing against them or competing with them. I want them to be just as epically awesome as my character, if not moreso.

It's not just about power. It's the theme, the mood, the feel of being a larger-than-life hero, a cut or three above the masses. the kind of hero that gets songs sung about them and whose legend inspires others for ages to come. Not just some chump who only just barely survived an adventure and will be scarred and broken by the experience with incurable madness and PTSD.

I hope that's clearer.

eternaldarkness

Still looking, and still dying to play a PoW class.

eternaldarkness

My search continues still. Are there really no GM's that can handle this? Not one GM with the imagination for it?

mellowdude

If I were you, I'd remove 'epic' from the title, as that tends to have a very specific definition to most D&Ders (i.e. level 20+). I'll admit, I've seen this thread before and didn't even open it expecting that (I'm probably not the only one).

I love Path of War, but I don't have the time to DM anything right now. I might be interested in playing though.

I suspect removing the 'epic' from your thread title will significantly boost your chances of finding a game. Also, you should mention whether you're looking for a play by post or live game (implied through putting your Skype there)

Best of luck.

:-)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: mellowdude on February 26, 2016, 02:27:03 AM
If I were you, I'd remove 'epic' from the title, as that tends to have a very specific definition to most D&Ders (i.e. level 20+). I'll admit, I've seen this thread before and didn't even open it expecting that (I'm probably not the only one).

I love Path of War, but I don't have the time to DM anything right now. I might be interested in playing though.

I suspect removing the 'epic' from your thread title will significantly boost your chances of finding a game. Also, you should mention whether you're looking for a play by post or live game (implied through putting your Skype there)

Best of luck.

:-)

I know what 'epic' means in the context of D&D, and i'd actually be okay with that too if someone wanted to run it. Just dying for a game that isn't another several months of grinding through pointless low-level, save-the-village crap just to get to the part I actually care about. Thanks for the suggestions.

mellowdude

No prob. While post 20'd probably be a bit too crazy for me, I'll keep an eye on this and see if anyone steps up. I'm also tired of level 1 and sympathize completely.