Hello, my friend and I are looking for an anime we can binge watch in one day. He lives an hour away and with our schedules its not possible for me to visit him whenever and we talked about finding something we can binge watch and he would prefer it to be an anime series.
The anime series we've binge watched before and LOVED was
- Death Note (one of his faves)
- Now and Then, Here and There
- Prison School
- One Punch Man (we loved it!)
- School Live!
Since I have more experience with anime, he's left it up to me to find the anime for us to watch, but the he's picky about the anime.
- No silly anime. He doesn't like nonsensical anime that relies on Super Deform moments for comedy like School Rumble.
- Slice of Life is okay, but it has to have more to the plot than dating problems and life issues.
- Little to no fan service. We began liking High School of the Dead, until the gratuitous fan service ruined it for us. (In case you don't know, boobs bouncing around defying physics or gravity or just too enormous to be real it, and we see more boobs and panty shots than we do zombies.)
- No harems, unless they have a really good story and good characters and it's not centered around who the guy is going to choose. But that isn't to say that we will reject a romance anime.
Okay, now that I've gone over what we don't like, here is what we DO like.
- Fantasy/Science Fiction. This is our bread and butter right here.
- Mystery/Intrigue. My friend LOVES the cat and mouse play in Death Note.
- Horror. We liked Another and Shiki.
-Above all, we care most about plot, story, and characters.
We need to anime to be 10 to 25 eps long so we can finish it one day. Anything over 25 to 26 is pushing it for us. Also, we would prefer the anime to have a complete story. Beginning, Middle, and an ending. Not something that covers just the first part of a manga.
I'm compiling a list of anime that I think he might like. Here's what's on the list already. I plan on emailing him a list of anime so he can look at reviews and choose the one he may like the best.