You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 06:09:55 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: How to remove threads fro the "new replies to your posts" feature.  (Read 871 times)

Offline AmandaWhoTopic starter

I've looked and can't find one, so I'm asking to the Elliquiy world, is there a way of removing permanently threads from the "Show new replies to your posts" feature that you no longer are interested in getting notifications from?

Offline RedPhoenix

Re: How to remove threads fro the "new replies to your posts" feature.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 09:52:41 PM »
Delete all your posts in it.

Otherwise, no.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 09:56:08 PM »
Profile > Forum Profile > Modify Profile > Notifications

"Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."

Offline Blythe

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
Delete all your posts in it.

Otherwise, no.

If it's a RP thread or large discussion topic, best not to, since E does have a non-deletion policy, particularly if that deletion affects the continuity of a thread.

Adult socializing game posts or little "avatar above you games," things like that, those are probably okay so long as you're not deleting en masse and its just a post or two. Deletions from a RP, PROC, On-topic, G&C, B&U, places of larger substance essentially--best to ask first.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:59:50 PM by Sherlock »

Offline AmandaWhoTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 11:01:33 PM »
Profile > Forum Profile > Modify Profile > Notifications

"Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."

Doesn't this turn on/off forum notifications sent by email? Or does it have something to do with the "Show new replies to your posts" thing?

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 11:07:14 PM »
Doesn't this turn on/off forum notifications sent by email? Or does it have something to do with the "Show new replies to your posts" thing?

I think it's notifications via email but if it's on, it may help with the new replies too?  Worth a shot.  There may also be something further down in that section that may have the new replies thing.

There are also Current Topic Notifications and Current Board Notifications at the bottom of the same page.  Maybe there is some way to turn them off there?  I don't have any on notify, so I can't test it.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 11:20:49 PM »
I think it's notifications via email but if it's on, it may help with the new replies too?  Worth a shot.  There may also be something further down in that section that may have the new replies thing.

That setting has nothing to do with the 'Show New Replies' link on the forum.  It only affects what threads you are notified about via email.