You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 07:23:58 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Open link in same tab  (Read 254 times)

Offline SongTopic starter

Open link in same tab
« on: January 09, 2016, 10:57:58 AM »
So I'm creating a world building thread, and I'm putting in some shortcut links to posts in the same thread. It would make more sense if I could make these links open in the same tab, rather than a new one.

It's not the end of the world kind of stuff, but just wondering if there's a way around this sort of a thing?

Offline consortium11

Re: Open link in same tab
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 12:00:25 PM »
The Link/Anchor tag should do what you want.

Code: [Select]
[link=ABC]The text you want people to click to go to another section[/link]
Followed by

Code: [Select]
[anch=ABC]The section you want to link to[/anch]
You change the "ABC" tag to whatever you want; the effect will be that when someone clicks on the section you "link" they will move (without opening a new window) to the section you "anchor" with the same tag.

The only real issue is that it doesn't go across pages in a thread so if in your world building thread you have two pages or more of posts and the viewer isn't using "view all" then the code won't work.

For an example of how these work in action (and possibly some code you may want to look at to see how it works in practive.) the brilliant Bloodied Porcelain use the link/anchor method extensively in her Darkest Nights world building thread.

Offline SongTopic starter

Re: Open link in same tab
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 04:36:53 PM »
For a moment forgot I had posted this! Ha... Anyway, thanks, I'm sure I can manage something like a second table of contents if my world ever goes beyond 25 posts.