You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:13:22 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Looking for Battletech/Shadowrun/Star Wars/other stuff  (Read 223 times)

Offline KaylaMTopic starter

Looking for Battletech/Shadowrun/Star Wars/other stuff
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:44:28 AM »
This is my general-purpose, looking for group RP thread. At present, Iím open to ideas and options, and would like to give a group game a try for someone who thinks I would be suitable for their idea.

As a first thing, I only play straight female characters; if thatís what suits your game, then thatís a good start. Iíd also suggest taking a look at my Ons, Offs and RP preferences before replying/PMing me, just to know what Iím looking for and if Iíd be a good fit for your group/game and itís tone, themes and environment.

I am primarily looking for Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk/Transhumanist and Original Superhero themed group RPs. Fandoms Iím interested in are Battletech, Shadowrun, Star Wars and Robotech/Macross; although I only play as OCs within such settings. I can play a wide variety of character types and roles, though I tend towards more action/combat oriented characters. My ideas and interest thread has a lot more info on the sorts of games/settings I'm looking for.

I only play Freeform games, not system ones. Any game Iím in has to be in the Light or Bondage sections and be based around human or near-human characters. (In other words, no furries, vampires, werewolves, dragons, monstergirls, completely inhuman aliens etc)

I am looking for an active game with a decent amount and quality of posts; no one-liners or short, clipped posts. Iím also looking for one where thereís a strong level of direction for the group and, where needed, things can be pointed in the right direction rather then wandering aimlessly. I am a big fan of open communication within groups and everyone having a chance to contribute to the story.

There are a few things that are dealbreakers for me.

The first that if it is a fandom game, then I expect both a reasonable amount of knowledge of and a reasonable adherence to the source material. Iím not saying that it has to be painfully accurate and adhering to every last letter, but rather that there shouldnít be gross deviations from the source and a good feel for it. Thereís no point in playing in a fandom game if it bears no resemblance to the source material.

The second is that for fandom games, they need to be original characters only. Iím not interested in playing somebody elseís character, nor am I interested in playing against somebody elseís character.

Finally, I expect a good gender balance in any games Iím playing in. I donít mind cross-playing and I have no prejudices against any orientation. However, at the same time, as I will only be playing a straight female, then I like it if there are male characters that I can interact with. I do not enjoy games that are filled with lords playing Lesbians (or staffed with a heavy amount of gay female NPCs) for that reason. Also because it usually comes off as just plain tacky.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:46:09 AM by KaylaM »