Often called Sparky
(generally behind his back), or Freak
(By those who really don't like him). Other names are given by different people, some worse than others.Age:
Technically 50 working years, but appears to be in his early 20s.Gender/Sex:
Physically male and has all the biological components required for sexual activity; Has a somewhat effeminate male persona; Responds to male pronouns better than female or neutral ones.Orientation:
Honestly, he has never thought about it and is open to 'suggestions.'Role:
Pretty much the same as the image; Stands around 5'7" in height and weighs a little over 130lbs. He appears to have what looks like gauges in his ears, though they serve a different purpose. Often looks lost in thought, even when he is paying complete attention. Is usually dressed in similar clothing in the image.Personality:
Easily distracted unless he has a purpose in mind, he seems kind of twitchy more often than not. It goes beyond saying that he is extremely intelligent, given his position. He is rather oblivious and misses social cues often. While love is somewhat alien to him, he does have things and people he likes and dislikes. Perhaps such a liking may become something akin to love. He can be rather blunt and is prone to having his words trail off as he thinks of other things or becomes distracted. He is rather submissive in nature, preferring to avoid conflict where possible. However, he is not against killing if it comes down to it. Has a hobby of creating poisons and other chemicals. He knows computers and machines, so pretty much no electronic locks or firewalls or codes are safe from him if he decides to express and interest.Background:
In a weird twist between birth and creation, Castle was 'born.' A near perfect blending between machine and biology, it's hard to tell exactly where nerves end and machine begins. Due to being not quite human, he grew up very fast and never seemed to actually age beyond what appeared to be his late twenties. Over the years, he was charged with the duties of a Monitor, especially after the last one was executed in a violent, bloody manner. Because of what he was, he could do the job many times faster and more efficiently. The fact that he never really needed to sleep meant he could work for days and weeks on end with no impact on his abilities.
So, after his 16th year of service, he was given the title of Monitor and for the decades after, he did his job well. Protected by the King completely, he could travel through the city doing his duties with no fear....well, even with that, he was kind of jumpy. It led him to creating upgrades to his body in case he was attacked by dangerous threats. Luckily, there was only one incident where his power was put to the test. On his 43rd year of service, a Throne that was enraged and on the list to be removed from the King's service, attacked him with a blade. Since this Throne had significant mechanical implants that increased his speed and strength, Castle was able to unleash a surprisingly powerful blast of electromagnetic energy from just a few feet away, sending the Throne into instant cardiac arrest.
From that day forward, he began to receive a kind of wary respect for no one would have believed that he would have survived an attack by someone who was more than twice his weight who had such an reputation for brutal violence.Extras:
Played by: King SerperiorKillable?:
- Electromagnetic Discharge: Along the palms of his hands and fingertips, Castle has numerous receptors that allow him to discharge enough electricity at a high enough voltage to cause cardiac arrest; Has to be fairly close to use such an attack; Requires about a minute to recharge enough power discharge again; Powered by an advanced core in his chest, opposite of his heart.
- Auto-Jack: At the base of his neck and on the index finger on his left hand, he can connect to the system. He just needs to pull a thin wire from his neck or stick his finger into the right socket.
- Ocular Sensors: Left Eye allow him to see in numerous spectrum and can pull up data on subjects, provided he has downloaded their files.
- Advanced Targeting System: Right eye provides telescopic and microscopic vision as well as targeting capabilities should he find himself with a ranged weapon.
- Injector: His right hand conceals a retractable needle to inject a subject with poisons, truth serums, even healing agents; Only has five injections of any type at a time (I.E. he could have 1 Poison, 3 Truth Serums, and 1 healing agent or could have all five injections be poisons).
- Advanced Hearing: Through the use of what appear to be gauges, which are actually enhancers, he can hear surprisingly far distances.
- Other systems, if they exist, are unknown.
Open to discussion, though preferably not killed off fast.