You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 24, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Project: BF (Revival) [Closed to Myself]  (Read 544 times)

Offline DallasTopic starter

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Project: BF (Revival) [Closed to Myself]
« on: December 25, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »
The next posts will be reserved spaces for this roleplaying game system and setting. Discussion can be had about the game system and features here.

System & World thread

If you want to help, collaborate, test when its ready, help flesh out the world in some way, etc... please send me a PM or drop a message here. I'd be glad to have you on board with me! ;D

Project: BF is my new group system concept. This is a codename for it, so thats not what this game will be called when it is finished. The intentions are to take my current DWD game system and modify it in favor of something less realistic and something a bit more "over-the-top". Maybe not Dragonball Z over the top, but action similar to some fightning video games.

Some inspirations include Sex M.U.GE.N., Mortal Kombat, Diablo, (Dissidia 012) Final Fantasy, Soul Calibur... a uh... a hentai indie game called Hounds of the Blade... and a few other hentai games that many probably haven't heard of. That being said, I don't plan on having this game take place in any existing fictional universe. This will be a complete homebrew and I don't mind help or suggestions at all. Although I do have the kind of system I want pretty much set in stone. Feel free to suggest anything in PMs or the GM's Corner thread. I will listen, but it would depend on the suggestion as to whether or not I'd decide to fit it in somewhere (especially regarding the system).

The kind of system I am hoping to create will be something that has balance in some areas, but powerful mechanics that are intended to have some ooooomph or even brutally uncompromising situations. While I don't intend to have tons of gore present (maybe "light blood," if anything), it still may be possible for character death (and revival).

And yes, it will have Non Con present.

Goals:

-Basic but dynamic character management.

-Freedom for plenty of writing while keeping an optional (light) system to create something exciting.

- 1v1, 2v1, 3v1 amd 2v2 are all options that I want to implement. Especially when using Legendary Creatures (Bosses, basically)

-Possibilities for players to form their own factions to affect the world, as well.

-More to announce soon. ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:57:16 PM by Dallas »

Offline DallasTopic starter

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Project: BF (Revival)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:53:25 PM »
[In Construction]

Characters with a Dynamic Role

Dynamic Role Characters are the key heroes, villians and enigmas in the game's story. Player Characters with a Dynamic Role will have a larger influence in the story simply because they opt to use the Dynamic Conflict System. While their destiny is not as set in stone, fate is consequently decided by dice when they choose to engage in challenges during the story. They are also given more influence in the event that they decide to oppose a Passive Role character in a given matter. Since Passive Role Characters opt out of the system aspects of the game, the Dynamic Role character is given more of an edge and significantly more privilege. This is due to the fact that they are normally choosing to improvise with an outcome that is the product of a calculated risk. Unlike their counterpart, a Dynamic Character cannot revert to a Passive Role. Once a character establishes themselves as a Dynamic Role, they remain one until character retirement (or death). This also applies to Passive Role characters that decide to take on a Dynamic Role.

[Vitals & Resources]

Level - This is a number representing your character's overall power, skill, prestige and legacy. This is mostly used as a Player & GM reference in an effort to maintain a sense of game balance that is easy to measure. Player Characters start at 1st Level and can ascend as high as 10th Level. This also extends to most Non-Player Characters. However, rare Non-Player Characters (such as rare elite enemies and threats) can reach as high as 15th level. Everytime a character gains a level, they are allowed 2 points to improve either AP, Combat, Mind or Sex.

Experience - Experience is needed to gain levels. It is gained by participating in challenge checks, winning challenges and maybe even sometimes awarded by GMs for moments of impressive roleplay.

HP (Hit Points) - This is the amount of times one can lose checks until losing the challenge in that form or fashion. HP is the only statistic that improves on its own, and therefore it cannot be altered with character growth points. HP starts at 5 and increases by +1 for every 3 character levels (5 at 1st, 6 at 3rd, 7 at 6th, etc.).

AP (Action Points) - AP is spent when taking actions and forcefully altering conditions of a challenge in your favor.
If AP is reduced to 0, a character must flee the situation and forfeit the challenge. If they cannot flee, they are automatically considered defeated/helpless until their situation changes (like being rescued, for example). PC (& Common NPC) Limits are 1 to 15; Special (Rare) NPC Limits can be 1 to 20.

[Skill Checks]

Combat - Character's skill check to determine their results in a combat situation (dangerous or otherwise). This can cover hand-to-hand or weapons of various types (including improvised weapons). In an attack, it is added to a single roll. In directly defending, it is rolled and added against the attacker's total number. Which ever is the highest number in the exchange wins the challenge and affects are applied. PC Min-Max: 1-15, NPC Min-Max: 1-20.

Mind - Character's skill check in manipulating others, engaging in activities that require intellect or wit (hacking, persuasion, etc.). This also applies to resisting mental effects such as Fear or Panic. PC Min-Max: 1-15, NPC Min-Max: 1-20.

Sex - Character's skill in sexual technique, stamina, control and the like. PC Min-Max: 1-15, NPC Min-Max: 1-20.

Starting Level 1 Character Points = 15
Level 10 Character Point Total = 35
Level 15 Character Point Total = 45

Avg 1st Level:

HP: 5
AP: 5
Combat: 4
Mind: 3
Sex: 3

Avg 10th Level:

HP: 8
AP: 15