Please submit all characters to myself and NowhereWoman (AKA NW) via PM for approval.
The GMs will discuss your character with you and if it is approved will post it to the "approved character thread". Submitting a character Sheet For Approval Implies That You Have Read And Are In Agreement With The Above Rules Of Play, And The Character Creation Rules Below.Rules:
1) All Characters are to be the same gender as the player unless the player's gender is undefined. In other words, Lords must create male characters, Ladies must create female characters, Lieges may create either, regardless of the player's physical gender.
2) All characters are to be Military Personnel from the "Northern Powers". I will give more details on the war itself later, but in brief, the Northern Powers include any country in continental Europe and North America, also Russia (actually counts as Europe) and Japan. China and India are not part of the "Northern Powers", but are allied, as are the "Himalayan states" of Nepal and Bhutan. Australia, New Zealand and South Africa are also allied to the Northern Powers
3) Characters must be Enlisted ranks, and may be anything up to Sergeant. There will be one officer (GM) and one senior NCO (Co-GM).
4) I am willing to accept a "Dirty Dozen" type unit, provided you, the players, are prepared to accept the same terms and conditions as in the original "Dirty Dozen" film - If one of you screws up, you all go back for execution of sentence... In other words, if you decide that you don't want to "follow orders", then that's it, game over!
5) Please be aware that the penalty for disobeying an order in wartime is summary execution without trial. I've had it happen in the past in a military game where someone who thought they knew better than me decided that their character was not going to obey an order my character gave. Now, I have never been in the military in real life, but I've read a lot of military fiction, and in all cases, a character disobeying a direct order from a superior is either court marshalled or shot! In the aforementioned game I was not the GM. In this one I am. You have been warned.
6) All characters have undergone the Optimal Recalibration for Combat process. In other words, they all have green skin and pointy ears, and are able to live unprotected on the surface, in an environment deadly to normal unprotected humans. They are all taller and more muscular too. And all have tusks. The tusks actually serve as atmospheric compensators when the ORCS are forced to breath "normal" air.
7) Players are limited to a maximum of two characters each.
8) All characters submitted to the GMs become the property of the game. In the event the creating player drops out of the game, the character(s) will be taken over by the GMs and eliminated from play on whatever manner is deemed most appropriate, most likely by enemy fire.
8) I reserve the right to disallow any character without giving a reason. However, I will normally try and give a reason and discuss with you ways in which your character can be made acceptable. Possible reasons for rejection are:
- Cross-gender characters (except for lieges)
- Over-powered characters, or ridiculously proportioned characters
- "Mary-Sue" or "Marty-Stu" characters
- Characters who's name matches the player's username
- Characters that are inappropriate to the story or setting
- Characters that are clearly designed to be disruptive
- Incomplete, modified or incorrectly filled in character sheets
Please fill in the character sheet below, removing the notes from each section and replacing them with your character's details. Please do not make any other alterations to the layout.
To fill in the sheet, click the "select" link at the top, then press <CTRL> + C, create a new PM addressed to myself (Chrystal) and NowhereWoman, type "Character Sheet" in the subject field, and then in the main text box, press <CTRL> + V to paste the template in. Alternatively, paste it into a text editor of your choice, fill it out and then copy the completed text into a PM.
If using the latter, please be aware that the BBCode tags will not translate into ASCII text formatting characters, and vice versa. Please leave the tags as they are.
[floatright][img height=300 padding=5]Put image URL in here[/img][/floatright]NOTES:Image:
[b]Player ID:[/b] This is your login ID
[b]Name:[/b] The name of your character
[b]Gender:[/b] Male, Female or Other (be specific) for Lieges
[b]Human height:[/b] in cm please (in x 2.54)
[b]Human weight:[/b] in kg please (Lb / 2.2)
[b]ORC height:[/b] Increase by up to 1.3 x
[b]ORC weight:[/b] Increase by up to 1.5 x
[b]Nationality:[/b] Where are they from
[b]Rank:[/b] Military Rank
[b]Specialisation:[/b] If they have one.
[b]Strengths:[/b] Please list at least one thing they are good at.
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] Please list at least THREE things they are bad at and at least two more than strengths.
[b]Personality:[/b] what sort of person are they? What makes them tick? At least one paragraph of about 100 words please.
[b]History:[/b] How did they get where they are today? Be inventive, within the context of the war. At least two paragraphs of about 100 words each, please.
[b]Player O/Os:[/b] Link to your O/O page or your Preference matrix
[b]Other:[/b] Anything else you think might be relevant.
Okay so, actual photographs of orcs are pretty few and far between unless you go to cosplay cons, so artwork is acceptable. But GOOD QUALITY artwork please. No cartoons, manga, or the like. There are plenty of great quality images out there. IF you can find a decent image of an orc carrying a gun, great. If you can't, don't worry. I will accept images with more "traditional" orc weapons.Player ID:
Yeah, amazingly, people do get this wrong! It is your Elliquiy login ID, the name that everyone on THIS website knows you by.Name:
The name of your character. Please make it different to your own name. If it is the same as your login ID I won't approve the character. Note that all characters were human before they were "processed, so human names please?Gender:
As previously stated, this is really only relevant for Lieges, who may, if they wish, and have a sufficiently good justification, ask to create a character that is neither male nor female.Human height & Weight:
Come on USA, keep up? You are the ONLY nation in the world NOT using Metric! These stats are what your character was BEFORE the treatment. Please be realistic. There are Height/Weight charts on the internet to help if you need one.Orc Height & Weight:
You can increase the human ones by anything up to the multipliers listed. So if your character was 175 cm tall they could end up being anything up to 227.5 cm tall as an orc. Increasing the stats is NOT compulsory, however. If you want they can remain the same size.Nationality:
Please specify which country within the Northern Powers they are originally from. Rank:
Not how they smell... This is what rank they are within their nation's military. You may also specify what branch of the armed forces. The default is "Army".Specialisation:
They do NOT have to have a specialisation. Please note that only one of any given specialisation will be allowed, so if someone has already submitted a sniper, and you want to be the sniper, I'm afraid you're out of luck. The list below is by no means exhaustive, if you can think of another one please feel free to suggest it:
Strengths and Weaknesses:
- Heavy Weapons
- Electronic Warfare
- Close Combat
A character is defined far more by their weaknesses than by their strengths. Please note that I will NOT accept "An inability to follow orders" or anything along those lines as counting towards the number of weaknesses.Personality:
This is the bit where you need to show your flair for character creation. I'm not going to hold you to this. if the character departs from it or their personality changes during the course of play, that's fine. But please try and use it as a guide. And try and keep it consistent both with the character's role and the overall game setting.History:
Be as creative as you like with this bit. If you put something in your history that doesn't fit with the overall scenario I will tell you, but I really don't want to build the entire world right down to individual neighbourhoods that got nuked, so please feel free to define what has happened to your part of the world, remembering that everyone now lives below ground in sealed bunkers and shelters.Player O/Os:
You MUST have an on/off page or a preferences matrix filled in, to join the game. This is for the protection of yourself, the other players and me as GM. If you say that anything goes, then I will
kill your character off right after your first post! Oh, sorry, did you not want your character killed? Well then that is clearly an off for you, isn't it? EVERYBODY has things they do NOT want done to there characters, and everybody has things they WANT done to their characters. UI don't care if the offs are few and the ons too many to count. List all the offs and a few examples of ons, or something. If you say anything goes and someone does something to your character that you don't like, it is no-one's fault but your own!Other:
No one is perfect, least of all me. If you think I've forgotten anything, list it here.